TX - Elizabeth 'Lizzy' Contreras, 38, found deceased, San Antonio, 3 Aug 2017 *husband Arrest*

SAPD has arrested her husband, Guadalupe Contreras, in connection with the murder.

Press conference at link-
http://www.kens5.com/mb/news/crime/sapd-make-arrest-in-elizabeth-contreras-murder-case/463808207

0f308c89eeac1fdba6a9856502387ac8.jpg

I went to bed early last night and missed the news. So sad and senseless. Heartbroken for her daughter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder what the motive was. It's terrible and senseless regardless of what the motive was.

RIP Elizabeth Sierra Contreras :(

I agree. I'm glad they figured out who did it. I'm sad that they can't figure out how.
From that article it seems like she was married before and divorced. Hopefully, that's the father of the daughter so she will still have her dad. Then she remarried, they separated, and she was living with ex husband. She then started seeing current husband and that is who murdered her. All of this MOO from reading that article. The really sad part is that it also said that the current husband was seeing an older half sister of hers. I had to read it three times to understand it. I'm going to guess that she told current husband she wanted to stop seeing him and go back to ex permanently. So sad.

Oops! That was meant as a reply to stx722!

Its like a very confusing sad soap opera. Was she seeing both men still? Jmo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I learned that we have a problem with repeat offenders, not just repeating within the criminal justice system, but committing multiple repeat offenses within domestic violence itself. There were a handful of felony multiple repeat offenders, with five and six domestic violence felonies apiece. All these offenders had committed multiple other offenses too, both felonies and misdemeanors. On the misdemeanor repeat offender side, there were almost 500 multiple repeat offenders, with six, seven, eight, even nine domestic violence offenses

Too Few Degrees of Separation: Domestic Violence in San Antonio

beautiful excerpt about her in the beginning of the article. She sounded like a wonderful person.

During a hearing on Monday, Det. Jose Espinosa was asked why the video wasn’t included in his final report and why it was erased.

Espinosa answered that he didn’t know why he didn’t even look at it and couldn’t explain why it wasn’t included. He said the video was mislabeled when it was entered into the system and later erased, which initially caused the mix-up.

At one point, defense attorney Charles Bunk asked Espinosa if he was being lazy and if it was common practice for SAPD to destroy evidence in murder cases. Espinosa answered back and just said no.

In final arguments, the state said that even if the video would have been available, it wasn’t a major piece of evidence that would prove Contreras was not guilty. Prosecutors also argued that the missing video alone shouldn’t be the reason for the case not to be retried.

379th District Court Judge Ron Rangel said he would review what was presented in the hearing and make a ruling at a later date.

If Contreras does go on trial for the murder charge and is found guilty, he is facing up to life in prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back