GUILTY TX - Emily McDonald for putting feces in child's feeding tube, Austin, 2009

All the feral mother cats that I have come into contact with were/are excellent mothers.

imo

Me too. The only animals I have seen not be good mothers are ones that were inseminated. The lack of normal mating behaviour seems to bypass a switch that turns on that part of the brain. It is much like they don't know they are pregnant and they don't go through the process of getting ready to be a mom. They seem confused by the babies, but even then they just avoid them, not torture them for amusement.

OH EM GEE! Thanks for posting the blogsspot. But dang! Now that I see this precious little face.......I wanna smack the mother senseless!!! How in the world can anyone do this to any child. Oh how this aches my heart......senseless suffering of a child.....Munchausen my eye! She does this for the internet attention! Even if it is MBP.....she needs to be in the pokie for a little bit. Holy COw that pisses me off. Here I am fussing over my daughter who has an earache..........us good mommies want our babies to get better, not worse! GARRRRRRR!

My first reaction was "Munchausen Syndrome"

This woman needs serious mental intervention.

MG! This woman should be charged with attempted murder. I know it is MBP, but what if this 3 year old baby had died? It would have been murder.

I am sick of sociopathic scumbags getting off with a mental defense. And I mean sick to death of it. This **&^%%* knew what she was doing. Intervention? How about 20 years in prison with offenders who love their children?

I know there are those that will disagree with me, but I thought Andrea Yates should have done LWOP. She could have her meds in prison.

I wish I was wealthy and lived on a huge farm. I would take these children that no one wants!

ack...I'm an Austinite and haven't heard of this.....SICK!!! That poor baby....I will never understand!

The thing about Andrea Yates is that if she is insane she can't be culpable. Ergo, no punishment via imprisonment. And prisons aren't intended to meet those types of treatment needs. It's not fair to the staff to expect them to manage legal and clinical insanity together with the prison population. IMHO Andra is in the best place for all concerned, and I'm grateful justice won out.

But this new mom is something else! At some point in her pregnancies she discovered this wasn't a bad way to get attention and apparently, donations. So she perpetuated the problem. According to her blog, it was recently about a year since the baby had begun suffering GI distress. Imagine how that year of unnecessary illness stunted her developmentally. And being cooped up in a hospital for so long at so young. So much stolen from her by the one who should protect her from everything. The baby-killing and injuring mamas make my blood boil!

In the past two years I have developed my own personal standard about criminals who are said to have some sort of diagnosed or diagnosable mental illness. Again this is my own standard.

If mental illness is to be named as a cause of the crime (We've seen it all too, NPD, APD, BPD, etc.) then in my mind I ask myself...did those criminals know the difference between right and wrong when they commited the crime?

This one doesn't pass because she went to such lengths and hid her crime for her own personal gain.

She gets no sympathy from me. Most don't.

Ick. So who has custody of the children now? Did she make the others ill?

Is there treatment for Munchausen's? What is wrong in the brain psychologically or physically that would "make" a person commit an act like this? Do the authorities actually give a person a second chance at parenting after a bout with Munchausen's? (Is anyone aware of any other cases similar where the MBP got custody after "successful treatment"?)

It's a puzzling mental disorder, but I honestly wouldn't let this woman near anyone or anything, treated or not. (JMO)

Ick. So who has custody of the children now? Did she make the others ill?

Her husband has the kids. Friends tell me he was starting to suspect something, she'd been under a lot of stress with money and their relationship had been a bit strained.

I knew Emily a couple years ago when her oldest daughter was a baby/toddler. She was a young mom, but she was such a great mom. We were friends on another blogging community. I would never in a million years think she would do something like this. I wouldn't believe it today if the hospital didn't have proof and she admitted to it.

I am sickened that she would do this. I guess you really don't know anyone afterall. :(

What a beautiful little girl! This just makes me physically ill to think about what that little angel has suffered in her short 3 years. This woman (can't call her a mother) needs to have fecal matter put in an iv into her!!!!

One more. YOu might need an account to read this, but I will include it.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:02 AM #1
irangel
Registered

the hospital jig *screams*
Midnight early Monday morning we came to the ER because my brilliant 3yr old turned her feeding pump rate up and started dumping severely. Since she has a kidney disorder that affects her electrolytes and a history of aspiration we felt it was best to make sure nothing was off. They admitted us for observation. When we came she was mildly dehydrated but they felt like once she started her normal continuous feeds her fluid status would improve so there was no need to do IV replacement. Monday during the day it became apparent that she wasn't peeing. Her feeds seemed to be going okay at 70ml/hr but her belly was very bloated and there was absolutely no pee. They did a bladder scan and found something like 130mls in her bladder which they said was less than they'd expect. They repeated labs and she was slightly more dehydrated even with her feeds. Not long after the labs she started dumping again rather severely (339 output of diarrhea in 4.5hrs) and they shifted gears to put her on IV replacement at 4pm running at 44ml/hr.

Last night's labs looked more concerning, her potassium had plummetted (this is due to her kidney disorder) she was alkalotic (also from her kidney disorder) but there were no signs of dehydration from fluid loss (sodium and chloride were totally normal, kidney function looked good). At 4am when there was still no pee and it had been 31hrs sans pee, they did another bladder scan and she only had 25ml in her bladder. This morning's labs looked totally normal after they treated her kidney disorder by giving her meds and changing her IV solution. But yet, still no pee. They did a bladder scan a short while ago and found 160mls in her bladder so there is a little pee, nothing like their should be but it's there. *screams*

Where the heck did the 120ml they found in her bladder yesterday go?!?! Why wont she just pee?!?! Why do they keep telling me that she's dehydrated due to the diarrhea when her labs give absolutely no indication of that and she's not had diarrhea for 16hrs?!?! The junior resident just came in to say that they'll give her until 1pm to pee out what's in her bladder and if she hasn't by then they'll draw another BMP. I don't know when I should get concerned and they're being unbelievably vague. Not to mention that once we do get her peeing we have to tackle the GI problems. I have no clue what kind of damage she may have done to her stomach but her gut just seems to have shut down.

Hopefully today we'll get more answers but at least she's feeling much better since they stopped her g-tube feeds. Her belly isn't nearly as bloated and her oxygen needs have come down as a result. So much for our short 24hr observation... The word "discharge" hasn't even been uttered.

Did she put the feces on the feeding tube or the IV catheter? Or both? The news articles conflict on this.

She had an IJ line (had a broviac or implantable port) taken out before the IJ was placed (internal jugular)... this is per the mother's blog that was previously linked. From the article I read, she put the feces in the caps of the IJ... so whenever TPN was hooked up (feeding line) it would push that feces into her blood stream.

And the mother wonders why this child has no renal function!!!! Ecoli can shut the kidneys down!!! If you read the blogs by this mother some of the stated recurrent medical conditions and infections could ALL EASILY have been induced by feces... especially if the child had been receiving any home IV treatments via the broviac!

Disgusting! Sad! An outrage!

Does anyone else think she might have been trying to kill this child, not just make her sick??? And where the heck did she learn soooooo much medical terminology? She can't be a complete dummy, what she writes makes sense......I can't understand this AT ALL. I guess all the compassion and empathy you would receive for being such a "good mother" and what a terrible time you are having is the pay off ???????
:eek: :confused::furious::waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BasicallyAnxious
Back