GUILTY TX - Emily McDonald for putting feces in child's feeding tube, Austin, 2009

The feces were put on the "access" to a device that is implanted in her internal jugular vein, so stuff put in this port goes to the right side of her heart, through the lungs, into the left side of the heart, and out to her body via blood circulation.

The first few articles did mis-state that the feces were put in a feeding line. They were actually put into an intravenous line :(

Does anyone else think she might have been trying to kill this child, not just make her sick??? And where the heck did she learn soooooo much medical terminology? She can't be a complete dummy, what she writes makes sense......I can't understand this AT ALL. I guess all the compassion and empathy you would receive for being such a "good mother" and what a terrible time you are having is the pay off ???????
:eek: :confused::furious::waitasec:

She was taking some kind of nursing classes

Does anyone else think she might have been trying to kill this child, not just make her sick??? And where the heck did she learn soooooo much medical terminology? She can't be a complete dummy, what she writes makes sense......I can't understand this AT ALL. I guess all the compassion and empathy you would receive for being such a "good mother" and what a terrible time you are having is the pay off ???????

I'm no expert on MBP but if she killed the child, she would have lost her "source" of attention and gratification. So no, she wasn't trying to kill the child. She was gratifying herself with the attention she received as "that poor mother with such a sick child, how does she do it? She must be REAL SPECIAL."

It's mind blowing what a human being will do to feel special.

Her knowledge of medical terminology isn't uncommon when you have such a sick kid. With this *itch, that she has such careful, complete knowledge is such a dark thing . . . in fact, I have heard in casual conversation at hospitals (I am an RN) that such intensely detailed medical knowledge, coupled with intense, controlling involvement by a family member, is a serious red flag.

These medical personell KNEW she was making her daughter sick long before they caught her. They needed to get their ducks in a row before getting the surveillance so her lawyers couldn't come back on them and throw the whole thing out of court.

Yeah, in past cases of mom's w/ MBP weren't some of them nurses and/or at least women with a pretty decent knowledge of medicine? I seem to remember that from some cases I've read about.

I really hope they can charge her with attempted murder. It's a long shot but still...

Dakota
IMG_4272.jpg

She breaks my heart, look at her :(

I really hope they can charge her with attempted murder. It's a long shot but still...

Dakota
IMG_4272.jpg

The tube coming out of the right side of her neck is the IJ (internal jugular) central iv line (feeding line).

As a nurse this case makes me seeeeeeeeeeething mad....

I could just see this woman, if she HAD become a nurse, being the kind who would kill her patients.

That was my first thought too nurse. Thank goodness she won't get her hands on any more children.

Moms of preemies learn it, fast.

Plus she was in nursing school.

I notice how her sig line lists her children and includes "oxygen dependent" on Dakota. That's like her saying, "Hey, look, one of my kids is oxygen dependent! Look at me! Look what I go through!" Blech.

Moms of preemies learn it, fast.

Plus she was in nursing school.

I'll bet my teeth the nurses she told about her own nursing aspirations dreaded the thought!

Thank God, many many patients have been saved. Who wants to bet she wanted to work in pediatric ICU??

Dakota
IMG_4272.jpg

This poor angel has been in and out of hospitals poked by needles,tubes inserted in her body all caused by her momster because she wanted attention.. hopefully now she will be healthy and running and playing with her siblings soon..

They should take a good long look at all of her children's health and hospital records, including all her pre-natal records. From what I have read of MBP, it's really ingrained in these moms or caregivers. They may get caught with only one child, yet have a history of SIDS babies or children who have been rushed to the ER under unusual circumstances long before that. Some women who were convicted had incidents as teens with children they babysat. It's really scary.

Friends and acquaintances of Emily McDonald describe the young mother as a leader in the preemie community before she faced charges of smearing feces on her child's IV, causing the girl to stay sick.

In the two days since a hospital surveillance camera caught her actions and police say she confessed, McDonald has been telling friends the media has it wrong. More at link: http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/crime/Friends_of_mom_accused_of_poisoning_tot_speak

Mom Accused Of Feeding Feces To Child
Emily McDonald Charged With Injury To A Child

http://www.click2houston.com/news/19645914/detail.html

POSTED: Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Emily McDonald
AUSTIN, Texas -- An Austin woman was charged with injury to a child after she was accused of putting feces into her 3-year-old daughter's feeding tube at a hospital.

sometimes it seems like there is a contest to see who can do the most vile, disgusting thing.

I shoudl also add this.
All 3 of her kids were micro preemies. When she had the last one, the one in question, there was a lot of livejournal drama because a comment was made about having preemies got her lots of attention.

We had raffles and fund raisers to help her with cash and the money was being spent in questionable ways.
I will see if I can find some of these posts but they're about 3 years old so it may take some time.

Sorry if anyone has mentioned this, but is it possible she purposely didn't eat or did something else to herself while pregnant so that she would have micro preemies and thus get attention?

And sometimes those feral cats will fight to the death to protect their kittens. There was the a cat in New York that made six trips into a burning building to get her kittens out, suffered severe burns, lost her eyelids. These women are not mothers and don't deserve to be compared to an alley cat. Though they should be trapped and spayed like one.

Yes, that wonderful cat was "Scarlett" and sadly, she just died last October.

Oh, dear heavens, this terrifies me. My son was hospitalized in May for what we found out was a double kidney infection caused by a bacteria (enterococcus) found in fecal matter. He got it when he or his sister had a bowel movement in the bathtub. Totally an accident, but the results were devastating. 105 fever, altered mental states, too much to list. The tests he had to endure because of his symptoms were horrible. Took 3 days to learn why he was so ill. Each day I lived with fear that I was going to lose him. Sorry to go on like that, hard not to discuss when we just went through a bad time for a similar problem. Even though the introduction of the bacteria was completely different.

MBP is one mental illness that boggles my mind. I am far too frightened of medicine and procedures to ever think the attention from a sick child is something desirable. I'd rather my children never get sick. Hospitals are scary for adults.. I can't imagine how scared children are.

I see little Dakota's picture and I just want to snatch her up and hold her as close I can. I know her mother is mentally ill. The pain Dakota had to endure as a result breaks my heart. Not only for the medical tests and treatment she had to go through, but also because someday she will know her own mother is the cause of a lot of her trauma. That poor little baby.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back