TX - Former President Bush Still Hospitalized

If I had to "vote," LOL...I think the family's wishes should outweigh our need to know. I'd be inclined to give any family the privacy they desire in this type of situation. Especially for a former President. A sitting President's medical situation/competency would be more of a concern.

Hoping he really does get out of ICU soon, as the family spokesperson said.

ITA

IMO it's really none of the public's business unless and until the family wants to give updates.

He's not an acting president.

http://www.history.navy.mil/faqs/faq10-1.htm

This explains his Navy career, FWIW

Look how young he looked :(

Maybe shot down was the wrong wording in my post above; okay, forced landing in the ocean. Still not good, LOL...and rescued. They show the film of the crew hoisting him up. Amazing "back in the day."

Was it Gerald Ford? Not sure...

I don't think one has to be a Bushie, either - I'd hope people, like you, just respect and honor former Presidents. A lot of history there. And, I just look at him as a elderly man who is a husband, father, etc. Got a soft spot for him for some reason. I haven't visited his library in College Station, but I've taken my parents to Fredricksburg, TX and the Pacific War Museum - they've got a display and video of HW Bush in his Navy days and his rescue from the sea when he was shot down. Pretty amazing, really.
You're right, it was Jerry Ford, 2006. RR was in 2004.

I've been to Fredricksburg a couple times but the lines by the time we were there were long. Place was packed. I'd like to see it too as my dad served in the Pacific in the Second War.

You're right, it was Jerry Ford, 2006. RR was in 2004.

I've been to Fredricksburg a couple times but the lines by the time we were there were long. Place was packed. I'd like to see it too as my dad served in the Pacific in the Second War.

Oh! You must go! That's why I took my parents - my dad is a retired Naval officer and all he does now is read war history, Navy history, etc....he really likes Nimitz, and Nimitz was from Fredericksburg. My dad served in the Korean War.
...a great, great museum, wfgodot...

Sorry OT for a second, but it does related to Bush 41. :seeya:

George H.W. Bush In Intensive Care, Aide Says To 'Put The Harps Back In The Closet' (Huffington Post)
---
CBS News reports that Bush chief of staff Jean Becker sent an email Thursday to individuals close to the family, detailing the former president's condition.

"He is 88 years old, he had a terrible case of bronchitis which then triggered a series of complications, partially brought on by the fact that he also has a form of Parkinson's disease," Becker wrote.

Becker continued: "Is he sick? Yes. Does he plan on going anywhere soon? No. He has every intention of staying put ... He would ask me to tell you to please put the harps back in the closet."
---
more at the link

Spin, lots of spin. Barbara hates the media. I wouldn't expect any real details from her. As a matter of fact, I wonder if "bronchitis" is just what he sounds like... it might even be what she's telling the kids, grandkids, and on. As in, bronchitis means anything that involves wheezing and difficulty breathing, the rest is none of our beezwax!

But, all that aside-- I hope he's able to go home and be in his own environment. I mean, if this family can't arrange it, whose could?

I've never been a "Bushie" either (and am loling at that name) but I have a deep respect for the office of POTUS and for all the men who have occupied that office.

Be well, Mr. President.

Spin, lots of spin. Barbara hates the media. I wouldn't expect any real details from her. As a matter of fact, I wonder if "bronchitis" is just what he sounds like... it might even be what she's telling the kids, grandkids, and on. As in, bronchitis means anything that involves wheezing and difficulty breathing, the rest is none of our beezwax!

But, all that aside-- I hope he's able to go home and be in his own environment. I mean, if this family can't arrange it, whose could?

Wash, rinse, spin. Repeat. Exactly what I thought during the NBC Evening News when reporter quoted the Bush family spokesperson, including the "harp" comment. Reporter, paraphrasing the spokesperson, said that the family wants the public to know that Mr. Bush is "doing well and that he should be released from ICU soon."

Different information this morning on CBS radio news at 6:00 when reporter said that Bush will likely not be leaving the hospital any time soon. Seems like the family hopes that GHWB will eventually be out of intensive care but will remain hospitalized. Unless the former President's condition worsens, that's really all that we need to know. :moo:

The family members that changed their schedules yesterday and flew to Houston to see Bush 41, I took that as a bad sign. But, the family members have now left Houston...and I will take that as a good sign today. :)

General Schwarzkopf's death (there's a thread here) was sort of ironic, being that he commanded the war during GHWB's term. I always liked Norman, but wouldn't have wanted to get yelled at by him.

NBC just headlined that Obama is having a press conference at 5:45 pm tonight....

It's either about the "fiscal cliff" or bad news about President Bush....

ETA - just saw that there was a press release today about Pres Bush getting better and even singing....so I guess it's about the cliff....sigh...

NBC just headlined that Obama is having a press conference at 5:45 pm tonight....

It's either about the "fiscal cliff" or bad news about President Bush....

ETA - just saw that there was a press release today about Pres Bush getting better and even singing....so I guess it's about the cliff....sigh...

I heard a report GW was ok, I think it's the fiscal cliff or the announcement of the raises he just gave congress and himself??????????

I dearly love the Oak Ridge Boys!!!

I've removed some disrespectful posts. This isn't the Political Pavilion. The Bush family will get respect here. :saber:

George H.W. Bush released from hospital

Bush had been hospitalized since Nov. 23

Author: By Kevin Bohn CNN Senior Producer

Published On: Jan 14 2013 01:19:17 PM EST Updated On: Jan 14 2013 02:26:22 PM EST

(CNN) -
Former President George H.W. Bush was discharged Monday from the hospital in Houston where he spent several weeks receiving treatment for bronchitis, a bacterial infection and a persistent cough, his spokesman Jim McGrath said in a statement.

Dr. Amy Mynderse, the internal medicine physician in charge of the former president's care, added that Bush "has improved to the point that he will not need any special medication when he goes home, but he will continue physical therapy"...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...4064/-/format/rsss_2.0/-/11o7w7n/-/index.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back