TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok devils adocate warning.

Dads Gf has new baby = Sleep deprived and sounds like Hailey came and went at will as it should be at her dads house. I can see especially during the holidays how this womans days could run together. Stress of a new baby and then add to that stress of a missing teen.

Moms BF ...What 13 yr old girl who has had the run of the house all da wouldnt leave at the first chance when a adult athority figure shows up.

Dad ...havent heard alot about him, assuming he was at work. Sounds like she was a daddys girl though.

Mom... was at work. Its a small town kids have more freedom than city kids

Brother... was gone staying with a friend

friend...I think knows more and might not realise it

My opinion...may not mean didly...Online preditor or SO unknown to to anyone enough to look like a suspect

LE...doing the best they can with what resources they have...GLAD THEY RE GETTING HELP!!

WSers...Priceless

JMHO

My first (gut) feeling was that Hailey didn't make it to dad's or her friends, maybe not even out of her own house. However, the more I learn the more little odd things pop up in several areas (imo). Now, I am curious about dad and step-mom and would like to hear more details regarding them. What do we know? I found it just a little odd that on the video posted below (where it was stated he was "too emotional" to go on camera) that he had his hood up and his back to the camera, so you couldn't even see his face. I am not saying this means anything in regards to involvement-there have been a few other cases this year where the parents didn't initially go on camera or make pleas. Though I personally never understand any parents of a missing child not speaking out. One never knows how they are going to react when their child goes missing, but I feel confident that it'd be screaming for anyone with a camera to put my child's picture up with a plea from me to bring him/her home! Also, I'd probably also be sending a message to him/her that I am looking and tell him/her to get to a phone if he/she can, etc....

I am also curious about the posts earlier that the step-mom was not sure if she saw Hailey the day she went missing too. I've been looking through some of the articles (admit that I haven't read them all and haven't made it through the first full thread yet), but has step-mom or dad spoken out about not being sure when they last saw her? Or has anyone read or heard anything from dad or step-mom in interviews or articles or spoken out personally at all?

INTERESTING TIDBIT ON THE IPODS! I posted this earlier and will post it again.

You guys should read this post about the Ipod. According to this person there is application that can be used not only on the Ipod Touch but an Iphone. It's two popular chatrooms that young people use called "Who's Here" and "Who's Around." this person on the Find Hailey Facebook said that LE should check into it to see if Hailey used them. She said that young adults and teens use them to chat with each other & that her children have used the applications before which is how she knows about them. Read about it here:

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=165947003449988&id=595518630

VIDEO on the applications:

http://www.viddler.com/explore/ipap/videos/105/112.45/around/

http://dailyappshow.com/whos-here-iphone-app-review

That reminds me of several dating apps also available on Itunes/Ipod. I know a friend of mine uses 'grindr'. It's specifically for gay males, and it uses your GPS signal when you turn it on. You register and give your info....photos, interests, location, etc......then, when you turn it on, it will locate every other 'grindr' member in the area. It's SO COOL when you are sitting at a bar somewhere and he turns it on. You can literally see other people moving around....in the same building, right down the road....and you have their photos and info....so you can decide if he is cute and interesting enough beforehand.

I'll be honest, I just don't see Hailey trying to meet random men online or via GPS. While neat to chat with....I think Hailey was into local boys and doesn't in any way strike me as someone willing to go to a hotel for any nefarious reason. To check her email....maybe. Nothing else would fit with what we know about her. imho.

Also you know what else is awesome? There is way on Apple that you can locate your lost Ipod. I wonder if her Ipod is missing?

Is the AT&T network free or paid? For Nooks it's free, but Mc Donalds is the only place that has it here. I literally have to be at least in their parking lot. I mean this would explain the motel hit if they use AT&T. Is there a McDonalds by the hotel?

No Mcds in CCity. Closed down a while ago. not sure about other wifis except for the hotels.

Wi-fi is free if it is offered by some place like McDonalds or Starbucks. You can use unsecured wi-fi at people's houses.

3G or 4G are paid data plans and you can get on the internet anywhere you get a signal.

Thank you! So if Hailey had a paid data plan she wouldn't need to hunt down a wifi connection.

Yes you can- I guess what I was trying to say is that you can not use the AT&T network like an iPhone. You must connect to wireless. Not useful driving, but certainly while walking past a house, if you're willing to stop and use it.
Has it been confirmed that she had it on her? I guess that is the only reason on speculation if she walked out to use it to fb and simply never made it there.

O/T - another great app for ALL iPhone and iPod and iPad users. "find my iPhone". Wonderful for locating device immediately, gps based. Must be downloaded to the device

Eta- was unaware of new iPod capability of reaching fb in any AT&T cell service area regardless of wifi

As long as you're within range of a usable WiFi signal, you can enable any app you have downloaded with the iPod touch.

But - gps is not built in. You would need to download an app to enable this capability.

doughgirl you are right. Talking to my friend right who who is technical with that stuff and he said it's only and Iphone that does that. Iphone is out of the question though because her mom has stated that she doesn't have a cell phone.

Okay are we to take this as fact that she got as far as the motel? What was the name of that place, I want to look at it on Google Earth.

Well if you connect through Wifi she could have been stealing a neighbors internet to do it or anywhere else.

Nevermind. Got I touch and I phones confused and GPS vs no GPS.

No Mcds in CCity. Closed down a while ago. not sure about other wifis except for the hotels.

The only one I could find that was of any use was at the motel on the North side of I20. I tried all over that town... that has been a year though.

Oh God someone ask mom the boyfriend;s name! please please please

My first (gut) feeling was that Hailey didn't make it to dad's or her friends, maybe not even out of her own house. However, the more I learn the more little odd things pop up in several areas (imo). Now, I am curious about dad and step-mom and would like to hear more details regarding them. What do we know? I found it just a little odd that on the video posted below (where it was stated he was "too emotional" to go on camera) that he had his hood up and his back to the camera, so you couldn't even see his face. I am not saying this means anything in regards to involvement-there have been a few other cases this year where the parents didn't initially go on camera or make pleas. Though I personally never understand any parents of a missing child not speaking out. One never knows how they are going to react when their child goes missing, but I feel confident that it'd be screaming for anyone with a camera to put my child's picture up with a plea from me to bring him/her home! Also, I'd probably also be sending a message to him/her that I am looking and tell him/her to get to a phone if he/she can, etc....

I am also curious about the posts earlier that the step-mom was not sure if she saw Hailey the day she went missing too. I've been looking through some of the articles (admit that I haven't read them all and haven't made it through the first full thread yet), but has step-mom or dad spoken out about not being sure when they last saw her? Or has anyone read or heard anything from dad or step-mom in interviews or articles or spoken out personally at all?

bbm
Thanks for info about the video. The link that you stated was below didn't make the trip onto WS. Could you please tell where to find it. Many thanks. :)

I don't think it is a fact about the motel, only that we were told the bloodhounds "said" so, but if she walked that route all the time ,would that interfere?

I would think that LE could access her iTunes account - and "see" where - when - how- if - she got access to download anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther