TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my opinion on the "truth" or "lies" BD has or has not told...IMO...tell the truth NO MATTER WHAT. Saying she may have told LE some lies is bad..any lie is bad. The only thing that is going to help Hailey is being 100% honest on EVERYTHING..period. No she does not owe any of us the truth...she owes it to her daughter. She needs to tell the truth even if it makes her look bad, even if it means she loses her job. At this point I don't know how she is even considering what her future may hold with SA. Just the fact that she is still pondering that tells me he has a hold on her that is tighter than any of us could imagine..thus a missing daughter.

Teh pegged it a while ago, she isn't ready to let SA go.

I am hoping its a more of i really dont want to believe someone i trusted and cared about would be capable to do something ike this. Beacuse perhaps she realizes or admits he did this then she in her mind will question her self cinfidence ect and thats gonna hurt as well gotta remember theres a whole lot of dynamics here that she is going to have to sift through

Because she can't then turn around and claim she's a "credible witness" when she's lying! Besides, this shouldn't be about HER reputation, it should be about her daughter! How about she tried making a plea to whomever may be holding her? If I believed in even a 1% chance that was the case, that's what I would be doing! imo

Sorry for quoting you again linda, I seem to be all over you today LOL.

But the ones she is not credible to is us. To LE she told the truth. Now she may have lied on some things to them too but on the issue of the drugs we know she told the truth.
Blaming her for not kicking SA out at the first threat I get. Lots of stuff that i understand being upset with her about but not telling LE the truth about drugs and not wanting the whole neighborhood to know about it too. In so many cases the parents lie to LE about those things, here we have a case where she doesn't but people are all over her for not telling the public the same thing. Yet we know there are reasons not to, at the least, keeping a job so she can support her son even if Hailey is gone. Not giving the public a reason to stop looking/helping, as might happen.

I just can't

Respectfully bolded by me.

"Credible witness" when used in a post on this website by posters usually refers to the LE definition of credibility and the legal definition.

Linda offered her argument from what I can tell based on what it means to be a credible witness and with which I have to agree with her assessment.

Even if this woman never spoke a single lie to LE, giving interviews to the media that contradicts any statement she gave to LE or or contradicts herself within different media interviews could be used to show she is not a credible witness. This could be very important during a trial phase. Very.

I do have to disagree with the assessment that it's okay to lie a little bit to LE about some things when your 13 yr old daughter is missing and your live in boyfriend is a POI in her disappearance.

I tend to be a bit harsh in that I think any parent should open their mouth and start singing like a birdy any and all truths that they know---to the point where LE has to tell them to shut up. JMHO.

Teh pegged it a while ago, she isn't ready to let SA go.

YIKES!!!....this is a man who suppossedly threatened her life, now is suspicion on him for harm/missing/ of her daughter who was afraid of him, and she still isn't "ready" to let him "go"....YIKES!!!...and YIKES..AGAIN...moo

So is Clint Dunn also responsible? Because I'm pretty sure his mom told him Hailey was scared of SA. I am also pretty sure living across the street and from a small town he knew about the threats SA made. So is he also responsible or does he get a pass because he had his own life havng another child with his girlfriend and not actually taking care of HD and DD?

In my opinion, CD is also responsible, but to a lesser degree. He's getting no pass from me. BD is fully responsible because she had first experience with SA proving he was dangerous and invited him into her children's home anyway. Bascially, BD knowingly endangered her child and CD failed to protect his child, is the way I see it.

BBM; SNIPPED
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331666

Dunn said she thinks it's a possibility that Adkins had something to do with Hailey's disappearance on Dec. 27, but her gut leans more toward abduction by a stranger.

"We live right near I-20, and that's something that has scared me," she said. "Hailey was home alone that day."

Exactly, is she positive that SA didn't hang out and grab Hailey and head up to Big Springs to Mama's house? SA checked in early at work, did Billie ACTUALLY see Hailey in the bed that AM, could Hailey have been in the trunk while SA showed up at work for only 10 mins?? Or were they so HIGH from drugs that Billie just didn't check on her own daughter at all. Which would leave this wide open for two days until LE was called.

Did BD tell you that she had told LE the truth? Is this how you are so confident that she is telling the people who matter the truth? I will admit that I'm a bit confused about this case, but your comment about your "curiosity may want to know the truth from her" makes me wonder how you know that she has told LE the truth. Sorry if I am confusing you with my confusion.:waitasec: Just wanted to clarify so that I can understand more clearly.

What I mean is that the affidavit from LE says she admitted she bought narcotics that night. I can't see her saying she bought drugs to LE when she didn't so imo that was the truth and what she is saying publicly now is not. Ok I admit i am making a leap here that if LE says she admitted to buying drugs and put it in a sworn affidavit then it is far more likely than if she lied about it.

The ones i want the most to have the truth is LE. If she lies to the public about taking drugs, i can see lots of reasons for it but so long as she admitted it to LE as they say in the affidavit, then it isn't a sign of something worse.

A few pages back someone asked if SA's Grandmother had been named in MSM.

I am positive that I saw a newspaper interview with her. I was one or two threads ago. I was "Speed Reading" trying to catch up...LOL I thought to myself that it was cool because we could steuth her. Anyway, I did not stop long enought to write her name down. I am so mad at myself. Sorry... I do remember that it was not Adkins! I spent a few minutes looking for it...but I don't remember which news station it was on. I think it was the one by Associated Press. Still could not find it on Google.

Isn't Redcat or Straycat a news paper reporter for BigCounty. Maybe they recall the article.

I sure do wish we had a forum on Hailey Dunn...then all I would have to do is look through the thread for MSM reports. Going back and rereading all of the threads for the last several days would take forever! Does anyone else recall seeing the interview with SA's Grandmother?

Dear God...PLEASE Bring Hailey Home Alive!!

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/14/shawn-adkins-declared-suspect-case-hailey-dunn/

Peg Mulloy, media relations manager for Republic Services, the parent company of the Allied Waste Services landfill in north Abilene, confirmed that the Abilene Police Department had been given permission to search the landfill. The media is not allowed to go inside the landfill at this time.

Mulloy, based in Arizona, told the Reporter-News that Allied Waste was contacted this week by the FBI and the APD regarding their intent to search the landfill for a missing person.

In my opinion, CD is also responsible, but to a lesser degree. He's getting no pass from me. BD is fully responsible because she had first experience with SA proving he was dangerous and invited him into her children's home anyway. Bascially, BD knowingly endangered her child and CD failed to protect his child, is the way I see it.

Clint would not have had to worry about Hailey being exposed to SA if Billie had not moved him into the home. I don't know what Clint's legal status as far as Hailey is, of course I wish he had moved her out. But he shouldn't have had to, because Billie should have gotten the message that he was bad news a year ago.

I think landfill is in Taylor county.......that is where we are listening to the scanner.

Sorry for quoting you again linda, I seem to be all over you today LOL.

Respectfully bolded by me.

"Credible witness" when used in a post on this website by posters usually refers to the LE definition of credibility and the legal definition.

Linda offered her argument from what I can tell based on what it means to be a credible witness and with which I have to agree with her assessment.

Even if this woman never spoke a single lie to LE, giving interviews to the media that contradicts any statement she gave to LE or or contradicts herself within different media interviews could be used to show she is not a credible witness. This could be very important during a trial phase. Very.

I do have to disagree with the assessment that it's okay to lie a little bit to LE about some things when your 13 yr old daughter is missing and your live in boyfriend is a POI in her disappearance.

I tend to be a bit harsh in that I think any parent should open their mouth and start singing like a birdy any and all truths that they know---to the point where LE has to tell them to shut up. JMHO.

I never said it was ok to lie a little to LE, my whole point was she told LE the truth - LE says she admitted / volunteered it was to buy narcotics. The little bit or half lie would have been to the public.

Ideally I agree with your last paragraph but unfortunately the real world is not ideal and many will lie to the media but not necessarily to LE on a question

This is day 18. Day 18. She has had time to come to grips with the possibility that he might have done something to her daughter. If she's not guilty of something herself...she would have already accepted it and be trying to do everything she can to find her daughter. She's not. She is however worried about what people think about her and pondering whether to take SA back or not..........pppffftttt. WHAT ABOUT HAILEY, when is she going to put her first? Honestly the only other case I can remember someone digging in like this is CA. Most parents when hit over and over with evidence someone is involved with their child's disappearance accepts it and acts accordingly.

I thought Billie was being very careful about what she said about SA when she was on NG as if she was thinking ahead to the future of their relationship, almost as though she feels Hailey is already gone, but does not want to have to lose SA as well...

Sarx:

How long does it take to train a dog properly for this type of SAR?

Are dogs chosen as puppies for this particular specialty?

TIA!
~Mish

I think, from my experience, that there are several ways to lie. You can avoid telling the truth....you can directly, flat out lie....or you can tell different versions of a story to different people and confuse everyone. By confusing everyone, things get so muddled that it becomes impossible to sort out...and this is what I think Billie is doing.

I have seen a drug-induced flat affect. I don't think this is what we are seeing. Her entire body language is becoming increasingly suggestive of lying. I think that she felt confident in the beginning. She put things out there and they were partly true so she could pull it off. But with more time and stress and publicity, it becomes more difficult to hold up. You get confused by your own lies...such as, "I don't even know when I got the prescriptions, " or "All I know is Hailey is not at her house." Who can argue with these statements?

Look on the bottle, check with your "pharmacy," and get the date. And you are right, Hailey is not at her house. Does this sound like a mama? Heck no! Don't know one mama who would talk like this....

YIKES!!!....this is a man who suppossedly threatened her life, now is suspicion on him for harm/missing/ of her daughter who was afraid of him, and she still isn't "ready" to let him "go"....YIKES!!!...and YIKES..AGAIN...moo

it must be the EX Magic stuff I read about..........

In 1965 the Code of Criminal Procedure was changed to mandate that counties with a population of more than 500,000 establish a medical-examiner's office.

http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/sif01

I don't know what the nearest county with 500,000 is, but I know for a fact that Taylor, Nolan, Mitchell or Scurry none have even close to that population. It would be my guess that the nearest county with that many people would probably be in the Ft Worth area. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sally43