TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amber Alerts have very specific criteria. With no description of an abductor or vehicle, sadly, Hailey's case does not fit those.

it says in this link that cm asked for an AA 3 times. Do we know if one has been issued yet? :waitasec:

Why AMBER Alert Was Not Issued for Dunn

With no sign of foul play, the Colorado City Police Department is treating the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn as a missing person case, but not an abduction.

Several people are posting online comments calling for an AMBER Alert to be issued, but confirmation of abduction is the No. 1 recommended criteria for doing so, according to the U.S. Department of Justice.

More at link as to why

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328056

This new article seems to answer some of the questions I've seen today..

<snipped>

"She didn't take anything with her. It was broad daylight at 3 in the afternoon. She didn't take a toothbrush with her. It's very out of character for Hailey. She's never just taken off and stayed gone before," Billie added.

Mark Merrell is the principal at Hailey's school.

"Hailey is a great student. She is well liked by her classmates. She also is well respected by our faculty here. She just has a bubbling personality. She's involved in extra-curicular activities."

... How surprised were you when you found out the news?.....

"We were shocked and are concerned."

Students return from the holiday break Thursday.

"We have a day with our staff before our students come back and our staff will be going over with some counselors. Pastors that are here in our community will be coming in as well. Region 14, our service center, will be helping us out preparing for students when they come back on Thursday."

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23217

My comments: My heart breaks for Hailey's family and all of these poor children having to return to school amid such chaos and fear in the community. I'm just as heartbroken for the community members and the many parents of these children that will be returning to school.

Godspeed... :praying::praying::praying:

I wish they had something for people who are endangered missing

kind of like, what we have all the time down here where I live

Like the Silver Alert.

Since Hailey does not meet the criteria for an Amber Alert, would this case qualify for the show America's Most Wanted? If so maybe the news media could assist the family in contacting the show. That would help since the program is seen by millions of viewers each week. Just a thought.

I really really really would like to know what is known{if anything} by her best friend...She, IMO holds the "key" to what's happened with/to Hailey.. What I mean by this is that she, IMO knows whether or not there truly was ever ANY TALK OR EVEN DISCUSSION IN THE SLIGHTEST about any type of slumber party, sleep over, or just Hailey coming over to spend the night..

IMO IF this best friend's true account is that she and Hailey NEVER ON ANY RECENT OCCASION HAD ANY TYPE OF DISCUSSION OR MENTION OF ANYTHING REMOTELY RELATING TO HAILEY SPENDING THE NIGHT WITH HER... well, this IMO..IF THIS TURNS OUT TO BE THE CASE THEN IMO THIS WOULD CHANGE THINGS DRAMATICALLY AND FOR CERTAIN, atleast IMO it would...

Because for the simple fact that if we are going with the Hailey lied to her mom&BF{essentially just BF as mom was NEVER contacted by Hailey but rather told the info second hand thru BF that Hailey was spending the night at the friend's house}..If Hailey did infact lie about this being what she was going to be doing the evening/night of Dec.27...well, just put yourself in Hailey's shoes for a moment, back when you or I were 13ys old and not wanting to tell mom or dad what our TRUE plans were for a specific evening and were using the good ol' "I'm spending the with best friend, Suzy tonight!" when we knew we weren't...well, I know for a fact when I did this that my best friend Suzy was "in on it", meaning that this is something that is definitely IMO the most IMPORTANT PART OF THE RUSE WORKING!.. The best friend knowing that she was being used as the alibi for that night...

Would you all not agree? I mean as I said that particular issue IS THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE OF IT ALL FOR THE RUSE/ALIBI/LIE/COVER STORY BEING ABLE TO WORK... right?

So, if it is true that the best friend honestly knew nothing of, nor had any knowledge whatsoever of Hailey and Hailey's plans for the afternoon and evening of the 27th...this IMO would be a huge turning point... a change of thinking it even possible that Hailey left and is gone of her own free will... and IMO if it is FALSE/UNTRUE/A LIE and COMPLETELY FABRICATED THAT HAILEY EVER EVEN STATED THAT SHE WAS SPENDING THE NIGHT WITH BEST FRIEND... well, there is only one person{to our knowledge} that Hailey "stated" that she was going to spend the night with the best friend....KWIM?

ETA~AND THE ONE THING THAT THIS IS STICKING IN MY MIND THAT IS MAKING ME BELIEVE THAT THE BEST FRIEND IS INDEED BEING TRUTHFUL AND 100% HONEST WHEN SHE STATES SHE KNEW NOTHING...IS THAT ACCORDING TO POLICE THEY HAD ALREADY CHECKED THE BEST FRIENDS PHONE RECORDS AND THERE WAS NO RECORD OF HAILEY AND THE BEST FRIEND COMMUNICATING FOR THE PAST WEEK:(

It was presumed that she had an itouch, based on her MS posts.

This was already asked to the verified poster also.

Starts on page 3 of the 1st Hailey thread.

eta: oops...here's the link to 1st thread: TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #1 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

When we are talking about a device that can be equipped with GPS capabilities... and that device may be with a missing child... presuming is not good enough. I hope the police have done more than that.

An IPad and the newer IPod touch have the GPS app that can be added. There are numerous models of the IPod and some have it and some don't.

I just have to assume it is not relevant. Because surely if there was a way to track this missing child with GPS, it would have occurred to someone by now.

It has never been said on here for sure which one Hailey had from anyone close to her... only what was said on her myspace. Because that was 2 years ago at Christmas (I'm pretty sure)... I wanted to ensure we knew what she actually had THIS Christmas.

czgtz said:
It was not me who said Hailey got an i-pod, it was another poster who saw it on FB.

(Though I believe it was actually my space.)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5960645&postcount=392"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #1[/ame]

I am guessing the LE knows by now who is telling the truth and who isn't, or least has an idea. But even if they do, that doesn't help find Hailey. I've been browsing various TX newspapers in the past hour and none have her on the website so far, I know it is a huge state with many large cities, but this is a big story.

JVM is doing a story on Zahra, and then Lindsey Lohan and Brett Favre...:( these girls who are missing right now need to be leading these kinds of shows. I hope NG does lead with Hailey tonight.

Amber Alerts have very specific criteria. With no description of an abductor or vehicle, sadly, Hailey's case does not fit those.

Sad But True...Thank You. No Vehicle info - NO Amber Alert.

Adding my Prayers for Hailey's Safe Return~
RR

I am guessing the LE knows by now who is telling the truth and who isn't, or least has an idea. ...(snipped)...

Sadly, I wish I could agree. But I don't think that's the case. I think they truly are stumped, based on statements in the media... :(

It troubles me that there are 4 adults in this situation but no one seems to be doing any parenting. SHe is 13 years old and seems to be able to come an go as she pleases and no adults follow-up. My son could never stay at anyone's house unless checking with the parents first. In this day, when so many young girls go missing, why was there no follow up and check on her arrival? Also, the fact that the mom is asiking a 16 year old to do the parenting by calling for her to come home, is suspect and indicative of strain in the relationship and maybe a noncompliance with the mothers demands. Sad. Just my opinion. It just makes me suspicious of all the adults involved.
This is not a judgement but a cry that we must be more vigilant and caring for our children.

I am guessing the LE knows by now who is telling the truth and who isn't, or least has an idea. But even if they do, that doesn't help find Hailey. I've been browsing various TX newspapers in the past hour and none have her on the website so far, I know it is a huge state with many large cities, but this is a big story.

JVM is doing a story on Zahra, and then Lindsey Lohan and Brett Favre...:( these girls who are missing right now need to be leading these kinds of shows. I hope NG does lead with Hailey tonight.

I thought Phylicia Barnes was supposed to be on tonight?? I'm confused

I agree that if the friend REALLY knew nothing about any sleepover... Then it is much less likely that Hailey ever said that to begin with.

It's possible that she just assumed her mother wouldn't call the friends house... or knew that the friend wouldn't cover for her so didn't bother asking... or just didn't care if she got caught... had the friend ever been Hailey's alibi before?

But I think if the friend really knew nothing and Hailey never said a word to anyone other than her Mom's boyfriend... it is much more likely that the one person who claims she said it... isn't really telling the whole truth.

sbm

So, if it is true that the best friend honestly knew nothing of, nor had any knowledge whatsoever of Hailey and Hailey's plans for the afternoon and evening of the 27th...this IMO would be a huge turning point... a change of thinking it even possible that Hailey left and is gone of her own free will... and IMO if it is FALSE/UNTRUE/A LIE and COMPLETELY FABRICATED THAT HAILEY EVER EVEN STATED THAT SHE WAS SPENDING THE NIGHT WITH BEST FRIEND... well, there is only one person{to our knowledge} that Hailey "stated" that she was going to spend the night with the best friend....KWIM?
(

It troubles me that there are 4 adults in this situation but no one seems to be doing any parenting. SHe is 13 years old and seems to be able to come an go as she pleases and no adults follow-up. My son could never stay at anyone's house unless checking with the parents first. In this day, when so many young girls go missing, why was there no follow up and check on her arrival? Also, the fact that the mom is asiking a 16 year old to do the parenting by calling for her to come home, is suspect and indicative of strain in the relationship and maybe a noncompliance with the mothers demands. Sad. Just my opinion. It just makes me suspicious of all the adults involved.
This is not a judgement but a cry that we must be more vigilant and caring for our children.

Welcome to WebSleuths! and the same welcome is extended to all the new memebers I see here:):seeya:

FYI, we have verified a few locals this afternoon. Members who have been here awhile, please help them get situated. I am in awe of the love and concern that the locals have for Hailey. :rose:

FYI, we have verified a few locals this afternoon. Members who have been here awhile, please help them get situated. I am in awe of the love and concern that the locals have for Hailey. :rose:

me too!

]I am guessing the LE knows by now who is telling the truth and who isn't, or least has an idea. But even if they do, that doesn't help find Hailey. [/b]I've been browsing various TX newspapers in the past hour and none have her on the website so far, I know it is a huge state with many large cities, but this is a big story.

Above BBM.. How could LE thru thorough investigation being able to discern that certain, EXTREMELY IMPORTANT ISSUES were found to be false{AKA bold faced lies} therefor zeroing in on a certain person possibly responsible for Hailey's disappearance.. HOW COULD THAT NOT HELP FIND HAILEY?

alot of times in cases a suspect/poi{either publicly named or LE deciding to not announce publicly therefor suspect is still under the impression that they are not at risk of being found out} is zeroed in on before the missing person is found... AND OF COURSE, WITHOUT A DOUBT LE'S INVESTIGATION HAVING LED THEM TO THE PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DISAPPEARANCE IS GOING GET THEM ONE STEP CLOSER TO FINDING HAILEY{i.e. thru multiple ways..hard hitting interrogations..confronting them on lies that LE have discovered..suspect "cracking", etc, etc, etc}..

Therefor I respectfully, but WHOLEHEARTEDLY disagree with the above BBM.."That it doesn't help find Hailey"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500