TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
friend didn't know about sleepover

boyfriend says that is where she was headed....on foot...after allegedly stopping to visit her father.

did he offer her a ride? does he have any more details in his story to offer up? Did he SEE her leave out the door? Did he question why she didn't have a bag, etc?

many, many questions here

FYI, we have verified a few locals this afternoon. Members who have been here awhile, please help them get situated. I am in awe of the love and concern that the locals have for Hailey. :rose:

Hi Kimster,

Do we have a list of the verified locals - am going blind and have a bad case of "sometimers" ... not at the stage of "alltimers yet" but I can't see a list.

When we are talking about a device that can be equipped with GPS capabilities... and that device may be with a missing child... presuming is not good enough. I hope the police have done more than that.

An IPad and the newer IPod touch have the GPS app that can be added. There are numerous models of the IPod and some have it and some don't.

I just have to assume it is not relevant. Because surely if there was a way to track this missing child with GPS, it would have occurred to someone by now.

It has never been said on here for sure which one Hailey had from anyone close to her... only what was said on her myspace. Because that was 2 years ago at Christmas (I'm pretty sure)... I wanted to ensure we knew what she actually had THIS Christmas.

(Though I believe it was actually my space.)

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #1

ITA - thus the reason I said "presumed"...I was agreeing with you!

All of her friends and teachers here in town are convinced that she would not run away. Please bring Hailey home.

Redcat, mommajack, 40G!GZ7 and spankysmom were verified as locals today. Not sure if the mods have had a chance to list them yet. It's been crazy buzy on WS today.

Above BBM.. How could LE thru thorough investigation being able to discern that certain, EXTREMELY IMPORTANT ISSUES were found to be false{AKA bold faced lies} therefor zeroing in on a certain person possibly responsible for Hailey's disappearance.. HOW COULD THAT NOT HELP FIND HAILEY?

alot of times in cases a suspect/poi{either publicly named or LE deciding to not announce publicly therefor suspect is still under the impression that they are not at risk of being found out} is zeroed in on before the missing person is found... AND OF COURSE, WITHOUT A DOUBT LE'S INVESTIGATION HAVING LED THEM TO THE PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DISAPPEARANCE IS GOING GET THEM ONE STEP CLOSER TO FINDING HAILEY{i.e. thru multiple ways..hard hitting interrogations..confronting them on lies that LE have discovered..suspect "cracking", etc, etc, etc}..

Therefor I respectfully, but WHOLEHEARTEDLY disagree with the above BBM.."That it doesn't help find Hailey"

Well...I was thinking of Portland and LE apparently not believeing a certain someone, but it has not helped in finding the missing child...:(

This specifies for the safe return of Hailey.

I think it should be considered to have 2 rewards. A reward for information leading to Hailey's location and then a separate reward for her safe return. We've seen that done in other cases.

As unpleasant a thought as it is...

If someone for example thinks they might know who took her... but don't know if she is safe....

Or if they think they know where her body is...

If they have reason to be hesitant about coming forward....and they suspect or know she isn't safe... no reward unless she is safe isn't going to be real motivating. That concerns me. :twocents:
you're so right, & for people motivated by money, that's the difference maker. & people are motivated by money...that's why rewards are offered. I'm really worried about this girl. If they don't have a landline, they probably don't have a computer, but a lot of kids use cell phones for internet access, so I hope LE is going over those records with a fine tooth comb. & we hear so much about bullying, that I hope every kid she knows, is being interviewed. A kid is capable of anything, an adult is. When we look at her picture, we see a little girl, but jr high is like high school, with all the same problems, squabbles, jealousies, fighting over boys...also, if she was talking to an older guy, or somebody online, or was having a problem with somebody, she may have confided to a friend. I sure hope a friend isn't keeping quiet, out of misplaced loyalty. You know how it is...a best friend swears to keep a secret, & almost nothing can get it out of them.

Redcat, mommajack, 40G!GZ7 and spankysmom were verified as locals today. Not sure if the mods have had a chance to list them yet. It's been crazy buzy on WS today.
bbm... true dat Miz Kimster!!!!

It has been very hard. Have to try to explain to my kids why we are so worried. I have lived her my whole life and nothing like this has ever happened here and it has rocked our world.

I hope LE spoke to the students who Hailey listed as her "enemies"...

The information about her leaving that day just doesn't ring true for me.
The mom's boyfriend is the one who reported what time she left, where she was going and what she was wearing.
I am not pointing fingers at him or accusing him, but he is the last person to have seen Hailey.
And if he is to be believed, then she vanished in front of her house.
Her dad lives across the street and her friend lives 3 or 4 blocks away.
She never arrived at either place.
In the pics posted of her neighborhood, it is not suburbia.
It has the look of many small towns.

If I remember details correctly, from the time the mom's boy friend says she left til
the time he went to pick mom up from work, there was plenty of
time for something to happen.

I am only saying she might not have left the house.
JMO>

Did neighbors reported seeing him leave that afternoon?
Or was he home all afternoon?
I don't remember anything about his timeline.

IMHO, as always.

Well...I was thinking of Portland and LE apparently not believeing a certain someone, but it has not helped in finding the missing child...:(

I remember you posting days earlier, either Hailey is lying or the BF is. And ITA, doesn't matter if LE found out who was lying because they haven't found her yet. Its been 8 days now.

Any locals watch the KBRC interview that someone mentioned earlier in the thread...that mom was to do at 6 tonight?

If so, can you give us a rundown? Please?

Did Hailey ever complain to friends about her mothers boyfriend? If she was uncomfortable with him, she may have left immediately when he got there. Anyway, what is he doing there if the mom is not home?How many times was he alone with her children. Was this a common practice? Single moms should never leave their children with boyfriends. How many times have we heard of things going wrong. A timeline is definately needed of his arrival to their home.

Welcome to all the verified locals and locals who have joined in at WS. We truly share in your heartache over Hailey being missing.

Can any of you answer a question that I have been frustrated in trying to find an answer to on the internet. Are there any bus services that stop and take on passengers in Colorado City. I have found that there is in Sweetwater but have not positively found a stop in Colorado City. If there is one in C-City what would its stop location be?

Thanks,
Eleph

I wish they had something for people who are endangered missing

kind of like, what we have all the time down here where I live

Like the Silver Alert.

They are organized and created by the public.
With facebook, twitter, blogs, websites, and friendly media this type of early notification seems perfect for a grassroots online network.

Did we ever find our who Hailey was talking to when she was on her moms phone, I know we were waiting for records. But did her mom retrieve her phone. Was the number not on the phone. Did Hailey leave the phone behind, supposedly. Was the phone number deleted? Why are we waiting for records?

Welcome to all the verified locals and locals who have joined in at WS. We truly share in your heartache over Hailey being missing.

Can any of you answer a question that I have been frustrated in trying to find an answer to on the internet. Are there any bus services that stop and take on passengers in Colorado City. I have found that there is in Sweetwater but have not positively found a stop in Colorado City. If there is one in C-City what would its stop location be?

Thanks,
Eleph

We used to have a Greyhound stop here(several years ago), but no longer do...it goes straight through and the next stop I believe is in Big Spring, going west at least.

Okay, here goes....
I know factually that she was seen at around 10am on Dec 27 leaving her home headed towards the dad's home then back again. This has been reported to the police. I suppose that the other tip about seeing her around lunch has superseded this tip followed by the report from the b/f that she was last seen around 3:15.

Kids here walk. Not as much as I did as a youngster, but they do.

The "time/space continuum" allows only for a few blocks, but a couple of hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500