TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were they awake? Look like they had been recently??? IF so I'd say search that house, something may have disturbed them BEFORE the searchers!!

It was probably them looking or going in I don't know,but she said there were rattlesnakes in the abandoned house.She also said there were alot of abandoned houses that needed to be checked.I wonder if that's typical there or are they foreclosed on.

Let me just take this chance to defend our "Mayberry USA" police force here in Colorado City. First, I agree the officer on the 911 call was out of line. He sounded aggravated and I can only imagine that he was at that point. And from what I can surmise, this wasn't a call with Billie on the line, it was a call from the dispatcher to the officer to let him know what was going on and to request assistance. BUT...he did respond to the call and took a report and did his job. Any contact I have had with our Police Department has been positive and professional. They are moms and dads too, and I know they have ALL taken Hailey's case to heart.

I personally took it with a grain of salt and didn't take offense. He wasn't talking to a caller, but a dispatcher. Now if he hadn't followed up, yah, I'd be a bit peeved. But BD was yammerin on about a t-shirt, then had an ah-ha moment at the end that her son might be there. I think she got the call completely backwards. "my son might be there, my ex might try to get in the house". Really - a t-shirt???

That's what I'm more bothered about.

MOO

Mel

For the life of me I do not understand BD denying that he threatened Hailey while NG was setting right there with the police report in her hand reading it?

If anything, I hope any left over food could be taken home to the families, or even the searchers' families. If the searchers are out there all day, then someone needs to be feeding their family at home too!

Great point! I didn't think of that :)

Mel

I believe the hairdresser, she has no reason to lie. In my opinion when a 13 year old young lady is missing you take every witness seriously. If LE had handled this differently in the beginning we might have more leads.

Hate to see that the number of volunteers have dropped but that is understandable. They have been searching without any professional help since Hailey disappeared. Another mistake from LE, Tim Miller's group offered to come in two weeks ago.

BBM

Do you, or anyone else for that matter, believe the only times a person says something happened on a specific day, and that day turns out to be wrong, that person is deliberately lying? Or that person is a crazy old lady?

My interpretation of some of this stuff is everyone has crystal clear perfect memory unless and until some mental or personality defect or disorder is diagnosed.

Eyewitness testimony is not very reliable, and most of the time it has nothing to do with the eyewitness, it is all about memory and how it works, how it is stored, how it is retrieved. Memory is not like a recording that is time and date stamped and can be rewound exactly as it happened. People get things mixed up, and there's nothing sinister or senile about it.

But is this Mark Klass' search teams or the volunteers from the area?I thought Brad's started tomorrow and was this weekend.

Oh this saddens me. I wish I could be there :(

The number of volunteers dwindled to about 20 today, due to the cold weather, organizers said.

I sure hope it picks up over the weekend. I know there was a LOT of food ordered today. Hope it doesn't go to waste...

MOO

Mel

Thank god for the 20 who showed in the cold, cold weather. Dedicated, altruistic people who truly want to find this child.

But is this Mark Klass' search teams or the volunteers from the area?I thought Brian's started tomorrow and was this weekend.
klaas kids and LRC took over the search yesterday after meeting with LE and family for most of Tuesday..

they trained the volunteers and armed them with flags and gps... they are searching areas that were worked out with LE

they are expected to be there thru the week (and weekend) or longer.

I will go by there when I get off work at 1 and make the suggestion of left-over food going to the family...good idea. About to put the word out (again) about searchers needed..it is very windy and cold today!

Small town,people know one another and lifestyles,have to deal with the same old problems of people's homes.The officer knew Bd,the address and her name and had obviously been there various times in that day,as he said she's been going at it all day.He expressed what anyone would be feeling,had nothing to do with his job performance as he was not on that call till he left the office.The officer wasn't on a call with the complaintant and I don't know why that call from the dispatcher to the officer in the office was even recorded.The dispatcher talks to the officers while they're out on the road on thier shifts,which you can hear.

Officers don't like domestic calls when they are the same people,same problems and they know the woman won't press charges and stays with the abuser.It takes away from real calls and people that have real problems,if you listened to a police scanner,you'd start to recognize the names,addresses,same circumstances and officers leaving with no arrests.At the same time you'll hear attempted burglaries,burglaries,assault,etc and there's only so many officers on a shift to go on the calls.The point is he went to the call,made the incident report and in one of those reports of that day it stated Hailey was also threatened.

LE questioned SA about it and he admitted he did threaten her.Why would SA admit he threatened Hailey if it wasn't written down from the officer's report?Also the 911 calls were denied,said they were about a debit card and Hailey wasn't threatened,when the report stated otherwise.These inconsistencies are what LE is talking about,if it hadn't been written down by someone else,I doubt it would have come out.

Not trying to derail the thread eh?

but before the other thread closed, I belive some one was asking( paraphrasing here) if texas police only needed a high school diploma to enter into the police force?

now this is houston texas, what they need to enter

http://agency.governmentjobs.com/ho...0</string></var></struct></data></wddxPacket>

"• Must have one of the following:
1. At least 48 semester hours of credit from an accredited college or university with at minimum of a 2.0 grade point average"

I dont know about cc tho eh?

but in houston they need more than a high school diploma..

okay, now let me get in where i fit in and catch up..

Im working from home office and taking calls and trying to read here at the same time...not easy for me when the phone keeps ringing, but thanking all of you for the links and keeping me in the loop

Is a 2.0 even a passing GPA? Sounds awfully low for men with loaded weapons.

In my southern states, wannabe LE can take a few courses at the community college to become officers. They do not have to have a college degree-- just certification that they have taken these courses. Most LE around here only have high school diplomas (according to my local LE friend).

I will go by there when I get off work at 1 and make the suggestion of left-over food going to the family...good idea. About to put the word out (again) about searchers needed..it is very windy and cold today!
or the families of the searchers as well.

Let me just take this chance to defend our "Mayberry USA" police force here in Colorado City. First, I agree the officer on the 911 call was out of line. He sounded aggravated and I can only imagine that he was at that point. And from what I can surmise, this wasn't a call with Billie on the line, it was a call from the dispatcher to the officer to let him know what was going on and to request assistance. BUT...he did respond to the call and took a report and did his job. Any contact I have had with our Police Department has been positive and professional. They are moms and dads too, and I know they have ALL taken Hailey's case to heart.

Thanks for posting this. I couldn't agree with you more.

Why not just let the searchers eat their fill, and then let them decide how to divy it up at the end of the day. They are the ones out there in the cold...the pizza is a small reward for their sacrifice today.

klaas kids and LRC took over the search yesterday after meeting with LE and family for most of Tuesday..

they trained the volunteers and armed them with flags and gps... they are searching areas that were worked out with LE

Yeah I knew they were doing this,I just thought the volunteers talked about today were the ones who have been searching and Mark's was starting tommorrow.Well this is sad,I hope people aren't giving up in searching for her.

Is a 2.0 even a passing GPA? Sounds awfully low for men with loaded weapons.

In my southern states, wannabe LE can take a few courses at the community college to become officers. They do not have to have a college degree-- just certification that they have taken these courses. Most LE around here only have high school diplomas (according to my local LE friend).

Yes. It's a C on a 4.0 scale.

Oh this saddens me. I wish I could be there :(

The number of volunteers dwindled to about 20 today, due to the cold weather, organizers said.

I sure hope it picks up over the weekend. I know there was a LOT of food ordered today. Hope it doesn't go to waste...

MOO

Mel

Are the winds strong? I hope today's weather conditions don't hamper the cadaver dog's ability to search.

I think it merits clarifying even further....

Klaaskids sent Brad Dennis out as a search coordinator, LRC is there to aid as well. They did not send out search teams. LRC and Dennis are organizing the volunteers and helping them understand SAR basics. It is still volunteers who are searching that I know of.

winterrose,
I don't think this is the case at all... I think it is just a weekday and people have to work. I bet this weekend it is going to be a huge turnout....

yesterday an article mentioned that people could drop by the convention center at any time and as soon as there were ten people they would be sent out. So there may be more turn up after work, etc...

moo of course

Small town,people know one another and lifestyles,have to deal with the same old problems of people's homes.The officer knew Bd,the address and her name and had obviously been there various times in that day,as he said she's been going at it all day.He expressed what anyone would be feeling,had nothing to do with his job performance as he was not on that call till he left the office.The officer wasn't on a call with the complaintant and I don't know why that call from the dispatcher to the officer in the office was even recorded.The dispatcher talks to the officers while they're out on the road on thier shifts,which you can hear.

Officers don't like domestic calls when they are the same people,same problems and they know the woman won't press charges and stays with the abuser.It takes away from real calls and people that have real problems,if you listened to a police scanner,you'd start to recognize the names,addresses,same circumstances and officers leaving with no arrests.At the same time you'll hear attempted burglaries,burglaries,assault,etc and there's only so many officers on a shift to go on the calls.The point is he went to the call,made the incident report and in one of those reports of that day it stated Hailey was also threatened.

LE questioned SA about it and he admitted he did threaten her.Why would SA admit he threatened Hailey if it wasn't written down from the officer's report?Also the 911 calls were denied,said they were about a debit card and Hailey wasn't threatened,when the report stated otherwise.These inconsistencies are what LE is talking about,if it hadn't been written down by someone else,I doubt it would have come out.
jumping off your post...

AND in the 911 calls BD said SA had been texting these threats. BD probably showed the officer the texts from her phone. I believe that is why they took SA "downtown" and eventually he admitted to threatening BD and Hailey. I also believe that this is all in the written report the officers prepared along with SA's signed statement. The proof has to be there - we just aren't privvy to seeing it. But that's JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname