TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
I going to go with the last time she was seen was by anyone alive was when they recorded her at the dollar store....like you all were saying before SD could have made DD lie...

I think they took DD out of the home (besides the obvious danger) is that they wanted to question him and maybe BD wouldn't consent?

As I understand it, they need parental consent to question a minor who is suspected/accused/arrested for a crime, but not to interview a minor who is a potential witness.

No matter how hard I try to get my 7 year old to sleep in his room, he'd much prefer the couch in the living room to sleep. He also needs the t.v. Now I know that's not the best scenario.

However, he is one to have nightmares and sleeping in his room scares him. Now, perhaps there had been a time at 11 (when the grandma said SA stood outside Hailey's room) when being in her room scared her. And she then started sleeping on the sofa.

Perhaps the horror movies they watched together in that house scared her that she didn't want to sleep in an enclosed room?

Perhaps it was habit to her.

bless his heart, nightmares are scary for a child that age,mo

when my son was younger and had nightmares, I would curl up next time him until he fell alseep..

My heart is aching for Hailey..shes been gone sooooooo long now...every morning I wake, hoping that le would have found her...

eta, mo, you may be well right, that horror movies might have scared her if she had watched them ..

I pray nightly for Hailey

snip: whether i'd be doing drugs or doing the pizza delivery guy.....:floorlaugh: you and me both!!

THANK YOU EVERYONE

Because of your generous donations the searchers looking for Hailey from KlaasKids and Laura Recovery will have plenty of food for their search on Saturday.

Our own Kat will take care of all the food on Sunday.

Thanks again everyone. You are the best.

Tricia

BBM
Wow Kat thats awesome! Thank you so much!!

Oh yeah after the kid, i'd be heading straiight for mom and dad!!

Plus BD said she drove/called around looking for hailey before she went to the police station WHY didn't she park herself at MB's house????? I haven't even hard that any contact was made with MB besides the contact from DD where he asks MB if she can send Hailey home.

That's all I've heard as well. IIRC no one even responded to the mysterious 2pm text to MB that was attributed to Hailey. I also noticed that when NG tried to pin BD down regarding where she looked and who she called...she never really answered...more duck and dodge..

Another thing that has been on my mind is the reporting of HD missing. Why did BD go to the police station instead of calling 911. She obviously has called many times before. I think she did not want to be recorded, but why. What does she have to hide. If my dd went missing I would not waste time driving to the police station I would want them at my house yesterday.

Maybe she didn't want the police responding to POE. Maybe because of the history of the treatment she has received by the officers who respond to her calls. I don't know, but if I wanted LE to take me seriously and not take no for an answer, I'm going to be doing it face to face.

Are you talking about Haileys brother, and is he older or younger than Hailey?Question ..Has he been removed from the house completely by authorities?

Sorry I don't know too much about all the players in this case..I had surgery on the 29th last month and have not followed this case from the beginning and since these threads move so fast I so find it hard to keep up I am not really up to knowledge on what all is going on..

Hi Emeralgem..Long time no see.. Sorry to hear you've been out due to surgery.. Hope that everything went well and that you're quickly on the mend:)..

Here's a few links that give ya some of the basics and major players and components in this terribly sad and disturbing case..AND DD is Haileys older brother{16 yrsold} and yes he has been removed and is in the Uncles care/custody..Spokesman Pete Kampfer{a city official in CCity}made the statement that removing a sibling from the home is "common practice" in these cases{many of us disagree}..

But I'll warn you now.. once you get into delving into mom's BF{Prime suspect and focus} Shawn Adkins..well..its disturbing to say the least what their so called "hobbies" are..
Here's some links that will atleast begin to get you up to speed

Em-Here's a Timeline of sorts giving you the basics
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329087
Here's a detailed article describing the family and the case
http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/08/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/?partner=yahoo_feeds
The court affidavits released paint a disturbing picture
http://www.ktxs.com/news/26459455/detail.html

That'll get you started and I'm sure some others may have some specific links that they can suggest and link you to..and I'll add to this if I come across some other items of interest or info that will help to catch you up..

Again Glad to see ya back :seeya:

I totally agree with you on this Lady!! My family would never leave me alone at a time like that...they rarely do anyway:)
What bothers me about her account of that night was her saying on NG that SA had "a couple of drinks".
When a cop pulls over a suspected DUI that is always the answer...they have had a couple of drinks.
I would have kicked him out on his butt right then, but that is just the way I am I guess.

I suspect with all that was going on, the many people there, and her shock from her daughter missing, she probably didn't count how much alcohol SA drank. Can we all really recall past events in vivid, accurate detail even under normal circumstances. Studies show that in a group of people, there are varying recollections of the same event and place, etc. It is obvious based on the type of statements made by LE to the press, it was intended to embellish the situation and put her in a bad light to the public. MOO.

What about a storage unit? Anything like that between CCity and Big Spring?

I remember a local saying something about their being a bank of storage units, but I don't remember where, and someone asked if they'd been searched and I don't remember seeing an answer.

Maybe she didn't want the police responding to POE. Maybe because of the history of the treatment she has received by the officers who respond to her calls. I don't know, but if I wanted LE to take me seriously and not take no for an answer, I'm going to be doing it face to face.

What history would that be? I didn't know we knew anything regarding her history with LE...do tell :)

You do know that she didn't hear 'rude cop' don't you?

If b wanted to take another poly...and she said she might...if it was administered by the FBI....well.....aren't they there???

If not...MK...is there.....could he contact them...for her...and arrange it???

How hard is it...??? to ask the FBI..to give a poly...to you????

anyone have any info ...on getting polys...???thanks

As I understand it, they need parental consent to question a minor who is suspected/accused/arrested for a crime, but not to interview a minor who is a potential witness.

Thanks LisaB. I hope someone with legal expertise can weigh in. I did some research earlier today. I couldn't find one site that gave a quick overview of the requirements, but I learned a lot! From what I understand, LE does need parental consent to question a minor as a witness in a potential criminal case (unless the minor is at the scene of a crime without a parent when LE arrives). If the parents refuse, LE can petition the court. If petition is granted, the minor can be assigned a temporary guardian and can be interviewed. I wasn't sure if this was more in regards to testimony, or just a police interview - it's murky. I had to go to several sites and piece it together as best I could, so all of this should be taken with a grain of salt as I am not a legal expert.

Anyone with legal expertise out there?

Thanks BeanE, but what I'm looking for is a photo or video that shows a sofa in the back of a truck outside of SA's grandmas house. I have read that it's the sofa from Billies home.

So in the midst of all this, Billie went and got new furniture before the local news came to interview her? That seems a reach.

This has probably been discussed many threads ago, but something I've just thought of and wanted to mention. Haylie being said by SA to be wearing navy sweat pants and a light colored T shirt sounds more like something a young girl might wear to sleep. Some girls might wear a sweat pant with the boots and a hoodie, but a light colored T shirt in the winter when going over to spend the night with a friend? Taking no jeans, shoes, or other things even though girls might get a chance to walk around town, eat out, or go someplace fun that night. Yeah right.

. Why did BD go to the police station instead of calling 911. She obviously has called many times before..
respectfully snipped and bbm...

-she was working Monday and says she left the phone at home
-neighbor says he always saw her on it in the backyard by the
shed (shed was focus of searches and speculation
in the case) and seemed to see her often ((see that battery draining?)

-She was supposedly working Tuesday as well... where was the phone on Tuesday did she leave it home again? by this time she has not seen or talked to Hailey for 30 hours except for her claims she saw her in her bed to 'ease her mind' on the morning of the 27th at 6 am

-beanE has the timeline broken down... including driving times and it
just doesn't make much sense
-she got a ride HOME from someone that day... so how did she have a
car to do these things she said she did.. checking with friends and
home, etc before hitting the police station.
-did live in SA have her car that day? if so why didn't she call HIM
to pick her up... we all know he left his job! Where was HE that day?
-if her last stop was at home to see if she made it there why didn't
she call from there on her cell? where was her cell?

so much does not add up to me. at all....

What exactly is this? Doesn't appear to be from the documents I read earlier.

I dont remember this part.

n Billie Jean Dunn ... said that she had taken an anti-anxiety medication to alleviate the stress of the situation.[/B]

The Ativan she mentioned on NG. She had Priscilla Luong videotape the bottles to show they were prescribed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01