TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has probably been discussed many threads ago, but something I've just thought of and wanted to mention. Haylie being said by SA to be wearing navy sweat pants and a light colored T shirt sounds more like something a young girl might wear to sleep. Some girls might wear a sweat pant with the boots and a hoodie, but a light colored T shirt in the winter when going over to spend the night with a friend? Taking no jeans, shoes, or other things even though girls might get a chance to walk around town, eat out, or go someplace fun that night. Yeah right.

noticed your comment...and I have to agree....My 2 grand daughters (both in their teens) sleep in sweatpants and t's.....all the time...

It is common....

also good point on the winter weather....would probably have dressed a little warmer...or layered ...

BD's co workers have to know about what time she left work that Monday. With her job, someone would have to take her place. I'm sure LE has spoken with them and most likely ask them not to say anything.. I can't help but wonder what they are thinking reading or watching the local news...

I thought that was very odd when I heard it. The house is small. Hailey is 13 years old.
A 13 year old would want privacy would she not?
If Hailey slept on the couch where did the other people in that small house hang out?
Her room looked fine to me, why sleep on the couch?

Until she got the TV for Christmas, she had to watch in the living room, where she fell asleep. I believe (from Billie's statements and input from people here) that she may have gotten the TV a few days before Christmas.

The Ativan she mentioned on NG. She had Priscilla Luong videotape the bottles to show they were prescribed.

Right. But that was never said in the warrant papers like that article says.

OK sorry, just going by mapquest...Edited to add, I have had the thought of whomever did take Hailey, if it were someone she knew, what if they abducted another child/girl a little farther away to "kinda" take suspision off of them and with this being close who knows? JMO

And that's only 105 miles from Big Spring... hmmmmm.

Thanks LisaB. I hope someone with legal expertise can weigh in. I did some research earlier today. I couldn't find one site that gave a quick overview of the requirements, but I learned a lot! From what I understand, LE does need parental consent to question a minor as a witness in a potential criminal case (unless the minor is at the scene of a crime without a parent when LE arrives). If the parents refuse, LE can petition the court. If petition is granted, the minor can be assigned a temporary guardian and can be interviewed. I wasn't sure if this was more in regards to testimony, or just a police interview - it's murky. I had to go to several sites and piece it together as best I could, so all of this should be taken with a grain of salt as I am not a legal expert.

Anyone with legal expertise out there?

Maybe now that DD is in the care of the state it is easier for them to legally interview him about the case.

Do any locals remember any shacks, hunting camps or abandoned houses in any of the
cities around 27th?
Why I ask is we had a 'runaway'.......30 years later a guy bragged to someone and
they found her ashes under the burnt bedframe in a hunting shack that had burnt down to the ground in a city 20+ miles from here........

respectfully snipped and bbm...

-she was working Monday and says she left the phone at home
-neighbor says he always saw her on it in the backyard by the
shed (shed was focus of searches and speculation
in the case) and seemed to see her often ((see that battery draining?)

-She was supposedly working Tuesday as well... where was the phone on Tuesday did she leave it home again? by this time she has not seen or talked to Hailey for 30 hours except for her claims she saw her in her bed to 'ease her mind' on the morning of the 27th at 6 am

-beanE has the timeline broken down... including driving times and it
just doesn't make much sense
-she got a ride HOME from someone that day... so how did she have a
car to do these things she said she did.. checking with friends and
home, etc before hitting the police station.
-did live in SA have her car that day? if so why didn't she call HIM
to pick her up... we all know he left his job! Where was HE that day?
-if her last stop was at home to see if she made it there why didn't
she call from there on her cell? where was her cell?

so much does not add up to me. at all....

Didn't she say on NG last night or the night before that she ran by her house first to make sure Hailey wasn't there? I can't imagine doing that and not grabbing the phone just in case Hailey called..Although if she went home first..why not just call LE? idk...

look... I understand that not all families tuck their kids into their individual beds every night with fluffy down comforters.. I know that kids sleep where they want to sleep and that parents want them to sleep ... so if they land on the couch, etc... it's all good! my own kid, the same age as Hailey is found most mornings on top of the heat vent in his room. ((he also scares the drum teacher with his night vision goggles so badly that the teacher is afraid to even drive in our drive-way for lessons without a pea shooter LOL))

but this all of a sudden "let's go to the police department" by BD does NOT FIT with her sort of detached, let the kids run around, leave all the doors and windows to the house unlocked, not confirm where my daughter spent the night self!

it does not compute for me at all!

It seems downright out of her parental-style character...!

**also note... did she go check clint's before the PD report? She has not mentioned it if she has..

-She was supposedly working Tuesday as well... where was the phone on Tuesday did she leave it home again? by this time she has not seen or talked to Hailey for 30 hours except for her claims she saw her in her bed to 'ease her mind' on the morning of the 27th at 6 am

She called DD on the cell on Tuesday, asking him to text the friend to tell HD to come home, correct? So, the phone was supposedly at the house on Tuesday while BD was at work. (Unless there have been several other versions of this story too that I've forgotten).

If I could get through to NG tonight, I'd love to ask the following:

Back in Feb. 2010, we know Shawn claimed that Billie was suicidal in his call to 911.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=333506

Shawn: Okay, well – I have a situation on my hands. I have an ex-girlfriend and she’s taken a whole bunch of klonopin, it’s like an anxiety pill that I take. I guess she got them from me. I guess she, like, took a bunch of her pain pills too, and she’s saying that she wants to die and she don’t care about life and all this bull-crap. So, I don’t know what to do.

BBM

Sooooo...We know the prescription for the pain pills Billie claims were for a toothache was dated 12/28/10. What I want to know is - why was she on pain medication way back in February that year? Anyone know?

On that Tuesday she said her sister-in-law drove her home. It was the third last NG I do believe.

Didn't she say on NG last night or the night before that she ran by her house first to make sure Hailey wasn't there? I can't imagine doing that and not grabbing the phone just in case Hailey called..Although if she went home first..why not just call LE? idk...

OK...now I am confused again...

If DD was at home...when B called him...to call H to come home....and he called B back...and said H had not been there......and B goes home FIRST..to see if H is there......wait!!!!......isn't DD there at the house???...he JUST called her to tell her H wasn't at MB....Why would B come home...FIRST...to see if H was there...if DD WAS THERE...

But...maybe DD left right after that...to look elsewhere for her...

I believe we have a LOT of missing facts......and lapses of memories...
imo....

OK...now I am confused again...

If DD was at home...when B called him...to call H to come home....and he called B back...and said H had not been there......and B goes home FIRST..to see if H is there......wait!!!!......isn't DD there at the house???...he JUST called her to tell her H wasn't at MB....Why would B come home...FIRST...to see if H was there...if DD WAS THERE...

But...maybe DD left right after that...to look elsewhere for her...

I believe we have a LOT of missing facts......and lapses of memories...
imo....
True...missing facts...lapses...added "facts"...because Version #1 had her leaving work and going straight to the police department.

Nope, does not say that on there anywhere.

Later, she said that she had taken an anti-anxiety medication to alleviate the stress of the situation.

http://www.reporternews.com/photos/...affidavit-search-dunns-phone/23333/?enlarge=1

This article is just wrong, misleading and poorly written.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/12/inconsistenciesstrange-145hobbies/

n Billie Jean Dunn volunteered to take a polygraph test on two occasions. On the first attempt, she was found to be under the influence of narcotics and was prohibited from taking the test. Later, she said that she had taken an anti-anxiety medication to alleviate the stress of the situation.

I think it could be worded better, but I'm taking this like it's saying On the first attempt, she was found to be under the influence of narcotics and was prohibited from taking the test. A week Later, on the Nancy Grace show (or interview with so and so...) she said that she had taken an anti-anxiety medication to alleviate the stress of the situation.

MOO.

This has probably been discussed many threads ago, but something I've just thought of and wanted to mention. Haylie being said by SA to be wearing navy sweat pants and a light colored T shirt sounds more like something a young girl might wear to sleep. Some girls might wear a sweat pant with the boots and a hoodie, but a light colored T shirt in the winter when going over to spend the night with a friend? Taking no jeans, shoes, or other things even though girls might get a chance to walk around town, eat out, or go someplace fun that night. Yeah right.

YES. This is one of the main things that makes me think she never left to go to a sleep over that day. She would have had her hoodie and she would have probably worn jeans and not sweats. 13 yr old girls care about what they wear when they are getting together with their friends. You can bet they would have planned to meet up with some other kids, boys included, at a park or a sonic or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ