TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it is not him... but, there are so many coincidences associated with him. I wonder when Billie was actually told about him losing his job. The first taping of NG she did not seem to know... then the next day on NG she did. Until we can get BF cleared it is sort of hard to look at other possibilities. The shoes still make me wonder... it is still on the missing posters that note she is wearing tennis shoes.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26377567/detail.html

looks like im late with this one^

My understanding of a SW..is not needed if permission is given, but that can and often does come back to bite you on the ..... because "they" can always say they did not give permission..;. so its a cya.

If LE don't have a search warrant for BO house, they could always ask her to sign a statement stating they had her permission.

I don't believe they needed one. It's mom's house, all she had to do was give permission.

True, but without the SW, if they do find any evidence, a good defense lawyer will try to block it from being presented in court, and a judge could declare it inadmissable. It's always better to have a SW, just in case.

True, but without the SW, if they do find any evidence, a good defense lawyer will try to block it from being presented in court, and a judge could declare it inadmissable. It's always better to have a SW, just in case.

You're right because there is some question if he lived there or not. Did he have a legal expectation of privacy?

I'm sorry I only have bits and pieces of info,so if the bf lost his job that morning,had his own home and wasn't picking mother up till 7pm,why did he go over to the mother's house?It was only Hailey there and the brother in and out.Was it stated what time he was there?

I'm a little confused by the questions about the prison(s). Unless there were escaped prisoners, I don't think anything about the prisons have to do with the search, except just being named as the geographical location where the search was being held. It is my understand from reading the articles that there is a heavily wooded area being searched there....

So if someone had placed her somewhere, it may be the closest/easiest place from her neighborhood to get to...?

Please clarify for me if MSM has mentioned something about the prisons themselves, other than being located on the periphery of the search area. Maybe I missed something. Thanks!

ETA: Okay, I see that maybe it's the visitors coming/going...

I wonder what days is visitation at the prisons? I know a fair amount of people come to town to visit their loved ones that are in jail here. That number would likely increase with it being the holidays.

Vistation is still on Saturday and Sundays only, correct?? It was a couple of years ago.

I'm sorry I only have bits and pieces of info,so if the bf lost his job that morning,had his own home and wasn't picking mother up till 7pm,why did he go over to the mother's house?It was only Hailey there and the brother in and out.Was it stated what time he was there?
I'm confused as to why he was hanging around there too. The mom didn't get off work, for hours, so what was he doing? He didn't give Hailey a ride, so he wasn't there to help out, so I'm confused. Even if he lived there, it doesn't make much sense. Did the mother let him hang out with her kids? Also, he reportedly spent part of the day, at his own mother's. Does she have a computer? because it might be interesting, for LE to see if & where he'd been surfing.

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/unitdirectory/wl.htm
wallace unit can hold 1 thousand odd male inmates plus 60 some at a work camp

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/unitdirectory/dw.htm
the ware unit (shares same property with wallace) is a transfer facility that holds 560 odd males

K, I'll spread my life out there even more, my ex was in the Ware unit for a while..so there are all kinds of men in there. But the odds of them getting out and escaping.....nil. But it does happen I'm sure, if anyone was wondering. All the prisoners used to get released from Huntsville, if anyone was wondering if she met up with someone who got released, again, this was the case a couple of years ago, might have changed now but I don't think so.

K, I'll spread my life out there even more, my ex was in the Ware unit for a while..so there are all kinds of men in there. But the odds of them getting out and escaping.....nil. But it does happen I'm sure, if anyone was wondering. All the prisoners used to get released from Huntsville, if anyone was wondering if she met up with someone who got released, again, this was the case a couple of years ago, might have changed now but I don't think so.

I had asked the question because of visitors coming to town and staying at the motels.

Another thing about the prisons... when I googled certain hotel names in Colorado City, there were message boards dedicated to family/loved ones of those incarcerated. On some of the message boards, family/loved ones were asking where to stay when they visit the prison and some of the hotels in Colorado City were mentioned.

This means that there could be a lot of people coming and going through that little town.

Chatty Cathy here again - this is also true. At most of the prisons there is a hospitality house where people can stay for free. Never been to one, but heard they don't host a slew of people and sounded to me like a bed and breakfast type of place.

Texas is a big state and they put their inmates anywhere and everywhere they can, your inmate could be 10 hours away from you very likely so I'm sure there is alot of traffic going through there, especially with 2 prisons. FWIW.

I'm confused as to why he was hanging around there too. The mom didn't get off work, for hours, so what was he doing? He didn't give Hailey a ride, so he wasn't there to help out, so I'm confused. Even if he lived there, it doesn't make much sense. Did the mother let him hang out with her kids? Also, he reportedly spent part of the day, at his own mother's. Does she have a computer? because it might be interesting, for LE to see if & where he'd been surfing.

Yes,because he said there were sex offenders in the area,seems like he'd give her a ride to friend's four or five blocks away.

Marc Klass above link

"Hailey Dunn’s family, friends, school, teachers and other kids parents are the only thing that given this case traction. They took a stand and said, “Not in our community.”

Without them, nothing would have been done! imo!

I had asked the question because of visitors coming to town and staying at the motels.

Sorry - I covered that in my post above. I feel especially chatty and will get off now....time to go home.

That being said....lots of people in and out of that town.....I hope this has a good outcome.

It is not very likely that it was an excaped or recently released inmate simply because that would be the first thing that LE would expect. The family of an inmate makes more sense. I still just feel it is someone in the community. Someone that has access to her and it would not raise suspicions, or maybe even be registered by a passer by, if they were in direct proximity/contact with HD. I can't seem to shake that feeling with this case. I definitely hope that I am wrong though and she will just come home after blowing off some steam or something.

Today marks the tenth day since Hailey's disappearance and the reward money has been raised to $25,000.00 for any info the leads to the safe return of the 13 year old. The Colorado City Police are working with the Mitchell County Sheriff's Department, the Snyder Police Department and now the Texas Rangers have been brought in to help in the investigation. Should an Amber Alert been issued for Hailey? Nancy Grace, on her national program on HLN, says absolutely!

more here

http://kvmckaum.blogspot.com/2011/01/search-goes-on-for-hailey-dunn.html

Has it been confirmed he was at his mom's house? I know if I had just been fired/quit from a job, the LAST person I would want to spend time with would be my mom, because she would just go on and on about me losing a perfectly good job. (but that's my mom)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa