TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lead in Tennessee, huh? I sure hope that rings a bell or two with people who are close to the situation. Seems like it would, imo.

Law Enforcement Investigating New Out-Of-State Lead In The Search For Hailey Dunn

Pete Kampfer told KTXS Sunday, they are following a lead in Memphis, Tennessee. Kampfer said he wasn not able to tell us anymore, except that they are looking into the lead.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26590286/detail.html

Well, there are a few of us here from Memphis...I'll keep my eyes and ears alert and if I hear anything local, I'll let you fellow WS'er know. So far, nothing being reported here...

redcat posted that a friend of his/hers arranged it.

Yesterday, 06:06 PM
redcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluciano63
I think the whole couch leaving the home is a rumor at this point.

No it's not a rumor. A friend of mine arranged to have them hauled off and the next day they were gone...they had been in the back of the truck for 2 days.

No, it would have been taken from a police report from the original 911 incident. It is quite possible that things might have been mixed up at that time.

It was on NG because she asked Billie about it. Shawn first denied then admitted threatening HD and BD during questioning. Billie said she never admitted that to police because he didn't threaten Hailey, he threatened her and Clint Hailey's father. That is when Nancy kept going back and forth with her about what was in the affidavits.

I can only speak for me............but hauling couches off from a house where a little girl has gone missing and there is speculation that harm may have came to the little girl from a person who lived in that house.....not a very smart decision.

Ya, but it was LE's affidavit, not theirs.

Yes, LE is swearing that, for example, as stated in the affidavit, that Billie told them that she and Shawn went and made a drug buy and the drugs they bought were for both of them to use.

I believe, for example, that Billie told LE that.

Just ran across this tidbit about the 1pm sighting:

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/02/cash-reward-offered-for-missing-13-year-old-girl/

This article is from 01/02/11.

Hailey, 13, was last seen walking from her home to a friend’s house about 1 p.m. last Monday, according to police. She had intended to spend the night with her friend, Interim Police Chief John Bivins told Colorado City radio station KVMC/KAUM.

CZ's info on the 1pm sighting:

czgtz 01-03-2011 08:03 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am on the phone with Billie right now:

When Billie got home from work Monday, her BF told her that he came home early and that Hailey had left shortly after that. Tuesday, Billie called her son from work to get ahold of Hailey and tell her it was time to come home. The friend said Hailey never showed. The son called Billie, who came home, checked a few places. and went straight to the PD to report Hailey missing. She said 1pm because she had just assumed that BF came home at lunch on Monday - she never asked him, and didn't stop at her house or talk to him before she went to the PD.

Billie says that until the PD interviewed them Wednesday, she didn't realize that BF actually came home Monday at 3pm. LE has been aware since Wednesday that Billie accidentally reported the wrong time.

Two comments on the bolded item above ...

• SA came home for lunch? I may be wrong, but I thought the drive to his job was 30+ minutes, I don't know any job that gives you more than an hour for lunch and many only 30 minutes. Did that happen often?

• Billie did not stop by the house prior to reporting Hailey missing? I think that's kinda weird. Wouldn't she want to see to look at the cell phone, what calls or texts messages Hailey had made that day, what familiar items belonging to Hailey were or were not at home?

I can only speak for me............but hauling couches off from a house where a little girl has gone missing and there is speculation that harm may have came to the little girl from a person who lived in that house.....not a very smart decision.

Yikes!!! Doesn't sound right to me......Any clue if the dogs were sent back to the dump to check on that couch/s ????

Why not donate it to charity???...Why the dump????....

thanks

I agree with you and I am astounded that this happened. Does anyone know when it happened. Was it done with the permission of the LE.

Oh and I just thought, was that house ever marked as a crime scene and thoroughly checked out. Did BD ever vacate the house for any period of time? tia

Does anyone know why the sofa was disposed of?

I would like to know too...I never realized it till they started talking about it ..started thinking about the first interview wasnt the couch like a dark brown?

Two comments on the bolded item above ...

• SA came home for lunch? I may be wrong, but I thought the drive to his job was 30+ minutes, I don't know any job that gives you more than an hour for lunch and many only 30 minutes. Did that happen often?

• Billie did not stop by the house prior to reporting Hailey missing? I think that's kinda weird. Wouldn't she want to see to look at the cell phone, what calls or texts messages Hailey had made that day, what familiar items belonging to Hailey were or were not at home?

I would think she would want to stop and get the phone. Wasn't that her phone and the only way to communicate for her? ja

redcat posted that a friend of his/hers arranged it.

I noticed that it said, "hauled THEM off". What else was there besides the couch?

Was the couch outside before CD moved? It looks so much like the couch in the picture of Hailey and NS that I thought it was from when they moved.

SEARCH INfo=The next search for Hailey is set for Wednesday, January 26th at 9 am at the Housing Authority Building on Oak Street.

Thank You. It is reassuring to know so many people are still searching for Hailey. Prayers for Hailey and her family and friends, and may they stay strong during this awful wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaPrirl