TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why you don't understand. If someone hasn't said or done a blessed thing that's suspicious, and has a good alibi, why in the world would LE poly them? If LE has people - from the home - they can't get over the huge brick walls to get past - why in the world would they start pulling in others who haven't shown any signs of involvement? Now that's what I don't understand.

Hmmm Elizabeth Ennen:waitasec: Just one of many cases that people didn't seem to be suspicious IMO

I don't understand why you don't understand. If someone hasn't said or done a blessed thing that's suspicious, and has a good alibi, why in the world would LE poly them? If LE has people - from the home - they can't get over the huge brick walls to get past - why in the world would they start pulling in others who haven't shown any signs of involvement? Now that's what I don't understand.

Whether a parent has done anything suspicious or not, has nothing whatsoever to do with it. It is standard procedure to ask the parents to take a poly in the very beginning and then move on to other family or close friends. This is done to facilitate clearing the family and to eliminate them from a list of possible suspects. Once the parents and other family members are cleared, they can widen the circle and look elsewhere. There is a certain protocol that is almost always followed and this refusal to polygraph the father is completely against SOP.

Usually the only reason they do not give a polygraph to a family member is because that person has an airtight alibi that he/she was somewhere far enough away or seen by several people which would eliminate the possibility of their involvement. If that's the case, I would accept it, but otherwise... I think it's very weird that he was not polygrahphed. It's not the way LE normally handles these cases, at all.

And as far as caring for his child, I would think CD would want to see his daughter and son taken care of and he would be paying child support. Instead as HD said, why are you having more children when you don't take care of your own. Based on the facts of his life what kind of example was he setting?

With all respect...you would also think the mother would want to make sure her child was taken care of..and not just keep packing her off to anyone who would take her in. Yes she may have said that about her father but..kids DO say things like that at her age..it doesnt necessarily mean she didnt think much of her dad. I personally think she wanted to live with her dad before all this happens so i guess she didnt think he was that bad.

JMO

I don't know if you consider this a link or not, but this is where I read it.

Maybe Velouria has a link.

Post by Velouria: Thread 44 Post 426

Well, we know Hailey herself questioned why he was having another kid when he couldn't take care of the two he already had.

I don't believe he was paying child support, but I'd have to check czgtz's posts or ask her to confirm.
I DO believe he loves his kids, and is doing everything he can to find Hailey. And I in no way think he is involved in his daughter's disappearance.

The part about having another baby when he couldn't take care of the 2 kids he already had, came from a post on hailey's FB page. HOwever there has been NO MSM that says clint wasn't paying child support. So it's rumor.

I don't know if you consider this a link or not, but this is where I read it.

Maybe Velouria has a link.

Post by Velouria: Thread 44 Post 426

Well, we know Hailey herself questioned why he was having another kid when he couldn't take care of the two he already had.

It was posted by Hailey on her Myspace page, in her own words. I don't want to link her page here since that's downstairs stuff. :)

I know that is what they are saying, but that doesn't make any sense to me. If they have any evidense that points to him that should be enough don't you think? What ever they have on him must not be strong enough to support a homicide charge. I just don't know.

Right now there is a man on trial, Charles Stobaugh, for the first degree murder of his wife, Kathy Stobaugh. Kathy disappeared on December 29, 2004, and her body has never been found. IMO, the evidence they have on him is circumstantial, it is more than the evidence released against SA so far, and a lot of people are concerned it's not going to be enough to convict him, even though, IMO, the opinions are strong he did it.

I'm not sure why they decided to go ahead and arrest him (in Nov. 2009, IIRC), it's MOO they felt like they were between go for it and hope for the best vs. let him get away with it.

IMO, at this time there is no reason to arrest SA unless it would lead to finding Hailey. He's being watched, and if LE is thinking anything like I am, IMO, the best thing they can do is build as strong a case as they can against him, because they can't watch him forever, and if he is indeed the perp in this case, I believe he will do this again in the future. I would hope that can be prevented. JMHO.

Hmmm Elizabeth Ennen:waitasec: Just one of many cases that people didn't seem to be suspicious IMO
Ai first - no. He was right there, was the last one to see her, stood with her mom in the very beginning and helped file the missing persons report, then tried to deflect attention to his very own son. While it may have took a few days or so - the suspicion did start to build. as LE investigated things became clearer and clearer and we all know the sad, sad outcome of that.

Whether a parent has done anything suspicious or not, has nothing whatsoever to do with it. It is standard procedure to ask the parents to take a poly in the very beginning and then move on to other family or close friends. This is done to facilitate clearing the family and to eliminate them from a list of possible suspects. Once the parents and other family members are cleared, they can widen the circle and look elsewhere. There is a certain protocol that is almost always followed and this refusal to polygraph the father is completely against SOP.

Usually the only reason they do not give a polygraph to a family member is because that person has an airtight alibi that he/she was somewhere far enough away or seen by several people which would eliminate the possibility of their involvement. If that's the case, I would accept it, but otherwise... I think it's very weird that he was not polygrahphed. It's not the way LE normally handles these cases, at all.

Not every parent of a missing child is polygraphed.

Billie failed her poly. Has she been scheduled for for a re-take yet?

We have a named suspect, Shawn. Has he been cleared?

I don't know that. I don't see anywhere in the SW affidavit that it says LE told either of them that they failed (or passed).

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/image...page/nxd_media/dox/pdf/2011_01/Affidavit .PDF

When KTXS asked Billie - twice - each time she asserted that what LE told her there was "deception indicated".

http://www.ktxs.com/big_country_news/26401950/detail.html

It is my belief based on the info currently available that LE told neither of them that either they or anyone else passed or failed.

Following the polygraph examination, DUNN was given an opportunity to explain her results of the polygraph examination and DUNN could not explain why she failed the polygraph.

If she was asked to explain why she failed the poly, it just makes sense that she was told she failed the poly.

The part about having another baby when he couldn't take care of the 2 kids he already had, came from a post on hailey's FB page. HOwever there has been NO MSM that says clint wasn't paying child support. So it's rumor.

It may be just a rumor, but I have seen it posted many many times. I guess I won't repost what someone else says anymore. But, it seems to me that rumors are rampant and posted so many times to some people they become facts. Hard to keep up with he saids and she saids. At least for me. jmo

If Clint offered to take a poly and he hasn't, and the information is very old that he hasn't, it is very possible that Clint has a rock solid alibi.

We have to remember here he was arrested really soon after Haleigh's reported disappearance. The FBI was on the ground at the time.

We don't know what happened during those interviews with him. Does anyone have any MSM link that says he did not take a poly that is recent, like in the last 2 weeks?

It may be just a rumor, but I have seen it posted many many times. I guess I won't repost what someone else says anymore. But, it seems to me that rumors are rampant and posted so many times to some people they become facts. Hard to keep up with he saids and she saids. At least for me. jmo

Hailey's FB page, like in her own? Or one of the support Hailey FB pages. Because certainly yes we shouldn't confuse that with fact. Thanks. :heart:

I think is is difficult to know or speculate on anything until we hear the details of this alleged threat. Too many unknowns IMO to make any guesses why LE did or didn't do anything.

My point being how credible is this person who reported the threat?

Grandmaj - I apologize - your post didn't really have anything to do with what I was saying, but it was the most recent post I saw about this 'threat', so I quoted it as a reference point for my own thoughts about the threat. I agree with what you're saying - and what I added was just another thought about the whole 'threat' report -- that I have a hard time believing LE would take seriously a 3rd-party report w/o following up with the threatened party themselves.

Make sense?

Billie says it was a man, "he threatened to hurt me and Hailey", "police haven't talked to him...".

I want to know verbatim what this threat was.

Did "he" threaten to hurt BD and HD by shooting them? Stabbing them? Hurling rocks at them? Pinch them? Putting a slippery banana peel on the ground? Hurt them financially? Statements like BD's are too vague and mean nothing to me.

As far as Shawn being back to the house at 3:00 and Hailey leaving at 3:15, we know that per Billie.
The phone pings were not released as to what time Shawn's phone pinged back at the house. LE keeps saying the time line doesn't match up, this could be one of them.
LE won't necessarily share this with Billie

If Clint offered to take a poly and he hasn't, and the information is very old that he hasn't, it is very possible that Clint has a rock solid alibi.

We have to remember here he was arrested really soon after Haleigh's reported disappearance. The FBI was on the ground at the time.

We don't know what happened during those interviews with him. Does anyone have any MSM link that says he did not take a poly that is recent, like in the last 2 weeks?

I was wondering the same. For all we know, Clint has taken a poly. Haven't seen any MSM reports or interviews about it one way or the other since he was on NG over 3 weeks ago. LE nor Clint would have any reason to release that information. They didn't release the information about SA and BD's results to the public - BD did that on Nancy Grace (apparently against LE wishes). I don't think Clint is focusing on making himself look good or caring what anyone says - he's out on the road looking for Hailey...

If she was asked to explain why she failed the poly, it just makes sense that she was told she failed the poly.

It doesn't necessarily follow. From the information available, it looks to me, from Billie herself, that she was told deception was indicated on specific questions and asked to explain that, rather than that she was told she'd failed.

I'm takin' ol' Sparky's word unless and until LE comes back and tells me something different. I haven't seen any indication of dishonesty from him, and he's a LEO to boot. I've seen lots of prevarication from Billie and Shawn.

What man hurls a threat at a mother and daughter-- enough that someone else reported it to police? It makes me think about Hailey's sports involvement-- maybe a parent gone wild? :waitasec:

oh Q! your post made me think about Hire for murder case I think it was in Texas! A want be cheerleader's mother that try to hire a hit man to kill the mother of girl that kept beating her daughter out of a place on the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500