TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Clint offered to take a poly and he hasn't, and the information is very old that he hasn't, it is very possible that Clint has a rock solid alibi.

We have to remember here he was arrested really soon after Haleigh's reported disappearance. The FBI was on the ground at the time.

We don't know what happened during those interviews with him. Does anyone have any MSM link that says he did not take a poly that is recent, like in the last 2 weeks?

I think the last was Jan 6 or Jan 8 on NG, but I'd have to look it up to swear to it.

Just so I can get this straight in my mind.
A year ago, someone went to LE to file a report, that someone came to them and made threats against Billie and Hailey and thought it credible enough to report it to LE.
LE takes the report but does not think it is credible enough, at the time, to contact Billie and inform her of the threats against her and her daughter.
Billie reports her daughter missing a month ago, LE sits on the threat report for over two weeks, then informs Billie of the report that they had a year ago.
Why does this seem so strange to me? Is there something very off with LE in that town, that if a report of threats against a mother and her daughter aren't important enough, to let the Mother know of these, at the time it was reported?

IMO, Yes, there are big problems with The CCPD!!!

Even with records of not one, but two grown men threatening BD and HD, they ignored every single indicator that Hailey did not leave voluntarily and crippled the investigation by insisting that Hailey did not want to be found. Surely they knew that labeling her a runaway would guarantee minimal media coverage if any, and would greatly lessen the chances of the public being alert to any suspicious activity which might have been witnessed at the time of the kidnapping. :maddening:

This is in addition to the freely expressed disgust we heard the responding officer make on the February 911 tapes...this, coming from the officer who wrote the report of the incident. Gee, you don't think he might have been biased against BD, do you? Was that the same officer who took the initial report of Hailey being missing?

I think all family should be given the same scrutiny. Just because BD and SA reported her missing doesn't mean they are the only ones that could of done something. Just because CD and his gf said HD didn't come over there doesn't mean that she didn't. All the observations made against SA - jealousy, taking attention away from him etc. could also apply to CD's gf. Maybe she was jealous of HD. Maybe CD gave HD more attention than her.

mod snip

BD had prescription drugs on her that night she made the report. Was CD's drug of choice for medical reasons? Don't think so. And BTW it isn't cheap to buy. Why hasn't he done any interviews? But, he is always going off to some far city to pass out fliers. I am not saying CD did anything to HD, but what I am saying is that he deserves the same scrutiny and what ifs that have been handed out to BD.

And I know that SA is the only person LE has named a suspect, but I am thinking maybe they jumped the gun and now are back tracking. The same evidence is out there that caused them to name him a suspect so why don't they do something about it. Arrest him or clear him do something. Some action needs to take place by someone. jmo

Great post and ITA!!!!

I know you might rather she not talk to him, but since she is, let's give her a little credit for owning up to it.

Go ahead, your entitled to give credit where you want, I however, I am not.

I don't understand why anyone close to hailey was not given a LTd????

We always heard you start with the family and work out!

Clint and GF needs to take LDT. IMO

It's not my understanding an LDT is a requirement for every person involved in a case. It seems to me since it can't be used in court, it would be more of an investigative tool. IMO, if LE questioned CD, and his story checked out, and they found no discrepancies, then there is no need for them to conduct an LDT on him. JMOO

IMO...with statements by BD it is necessary to untangle them and then read between the lines. IF there was another report of threats made toward her and HD, then it actually fits the whole scenario of when she says SA threatened her and CD but not Hailey. SOMEONE ELSE reported that threats were made toward her and Hailey, and it very well could be that report that SA has admitted to being true, rather than an actual conflict with BD's information. It seems very likely that he could have threatened them in different combinations at different times. As far as BD saying the person has not been found and questioned yet.....it is likely that the person not questioned yet was the person who reported the threats they heard, and not a completely new person making threats. This is where BD conveniently gets her stories twisted, whenever it helps to point away from SA.

jmoo

oh Q! your post made me think about Hire for murder case I think it was in Texas! A want be cheerleader's mother that try to hire a hit man to kill the mother of girl that kept beating her daughter out of a place on the squad.

Oh, good grief-- I remember that case too. Horrible!

I would hope, though, that the middle school level might be less competitive. :crossfingers:

I can understand why we haven't been privy to this information, but it doesn't stop me from wondering what the "history" of BD's address and even herself have with CCPD.

How many times in the past 3 years have they been called to her house? How many citizen complaints have they received concerning that address? How many times has BD called them or gone to the station to complain about this or file a report about that? Has BD ever reported Hailey (or DD) for running away? It just seems to me when looking at the actions of both BD et al and CCPD that there could very well be some "bad blood" between them.

I can understand LE keeping this all quiet - but it doesn't stop them from knowing all about it and factoring it into the equation of what could have happened to Hailey.

That conversation was about Hailey's parent. Elizabeth's abductor was not her parent.

I understood your post!

I agree to disagree with your post. :peace:

GF and Clint need to take LTD! IMO

Interesting... while searching for something else I came across this post that I had forgotten about (ETA: I have no idea if these sitings are credible - I tend to believe LE that they have checked everything out, but I thought I would bring it forward since I haven't seen it mentioned since):

Good observation belimom. Bringing the post forward again so maybe this local poster can elaborate?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5968168&postcount=60"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #3[/ame]

As far as Shawn being back to the house at 3:00 and Hailey leaving at 3:15, we know that per Billie.
The phone pings were not released as to what time Shawn's phone pinged back at the house. LE keeps saying the time line doesn't match up, this could be one of them.
LE won't necessarily share this with Billie

True. The affidavit says the pings in Big Spring were up until 2:40 and it's roughly 40-50 miles back to CCity. Depending on how far out a phone will ping off a tower in Big Spring, he really doesn't have much time to make it back to CCity by 3:00pm --- in 20 minutes. He obviously was there by 4:00pm or so, since DD saw him, but I had not thought about being there by 3:00pm, or even 3:15, for that matter.

JMHO

It doesn't necessarily follow. From the information available, it looks to me, from Billie herself, that she was told deception was indicated on specific questions and asked to explain that, rather than that she was told she'd failed.

I'm takin' ol' Sparky's word unless and until LE comes back and tells me something different. I haven't seen any indication of dishonesty from him, and he's a LEO to boot. I've seen lots of prevarication from Billie and Shawn.

I'm not sure why some people think Billie is telling the truth about the polys, but that she is dishonest about pretty much every other thing she says? :confused: LE has clearly and repeatedly said that no one was told the results of their polys. Whether or not they were told they failed or were told deception was indicated, is just semantics, IMO.

We're just gonna have to agree to disagree on this point, my friend :blowkiss:

As far as Shawn being back to the house at 3:00 and Hailey leaving at 3:15, we know that per Billie.
The phone pings were not released as to what time Shawn's phone pinged back at the house. LE keeps saying the time line doesn't match up, this could be one of them.

Good catch! We know SA was in Big Spring until 2:40 p.m. on 12/27 per phone records, but we don't know if he really went back to CC around 3:00 p.m. - the only sources for that are SA --> Billie (and it changed from around 1 p.m. to around 3 p.m.). We do know that Clint and Billie confirmed that DD supposedly busted in on SA at 4 p.m. that day (originally 5 p.m. per Billie) - DD's account was supported by his parents in interviews and affidavit.

I can understand why we haven't been privy to this information, but it doesn't stop me from wondering what the "history" of BD's address and even herself have with CCPD.

How many times in the past 3 years have they been called to her house? How many citizen complaints have they received concerning that address? How many times has BD called them or gone to the station to complain about this or file a report about that? Has BD ever reported Hailey (or DD) for running away? It just seems to me when looking at the actions of both BD et al and CCPD that there could very well be some "bad blood" between them.

I can understand LE keeping this all quiet - but it doesn't stop them from knowing all about it and factoring it into the equation of what could have happened to Hailey.

That might not be a bad idea. But, why limit it to the last 3 years, why not when she a CD were married and lived there?

I drive about 1800 miles a month in many of the rural counties in west Texas and something is swarming the roadkill.. maybe because the weather has been so warm the buzzards have not migrated??
Let's hear from a person that knows for sure( game warden maybe) but in the area of Mitchell Co. according to my contacts there have been no buzzards since late December, so that would be a good thing, if there is a body out there somewhere? IMO It would be fairly well preserved according to the weather in that area, it has been cool and dry.

I understood your post!

I agree to disagree with your post. :peace:

GF and Clint need to take LTD! IMO

It really should be standard op to have adults who have access to the child take polygraphs-- it might not help, but it certainly wouldn't hurt.

Let's hear from a person that knows for sure( game warden maybe) but in the area of Mitchell Co. according to my contacts there have been no buzzards since late December, so that would be a good thing, if there is a body out there somewhere? IMO It would be fairly well preserved according to the weather in that area, it has been cool and dry.
While vultures are a "blatant" clue of something in the area, there is also a whole lot of other wildlife. Coyotes, wolves, wild boar, even a possible big cat or two for the larger ones but there is still raccoons, foxes, opossums, even rats and mice. The colder weather helps but wildlife that doesn't migrate are even hungrier during the cold months.

True. The affidavit says the pings in Big Spring were up until 2:40 and it's roughly 40-50 miles back to CCity. Depending on how far out a phone will ping off a tower in Big Spring, he really doesn't have much time to make it back to CCity by 3:00pm --- in 20 minutes. He obviously was there by 4:00pm or so, since DD saw him, but I had not thought about being there by 3:00pm, or even 3:15, for that matter.

JMHO

Quoting myself here, but I was trying to figure out why SA would say he was there at 3:00pm if (hypothetically) he wasn't. The only thing I can think of is that DD arrived around 4:00pm, which may have been not much longer after SA himself arrived. If he said, I got there around 3:30 and Hailey left around 3:45, then DD may have said that he would have seen her since he was out/about around that same time, kwim?

So SA had to put more of a buffer between the time he arrived at the house and the time that DD arrived.

All just MOO.

Are there any locals on here from CCity, Snyder ect. that can confirm or deny buzzards right now? A picture would be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500