TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
None..you are so right, we have not heard the story:)
Maybe LE is saying the little boy cant make a statement or what ever, when really he did, but LE does not want it out and/or protecting him.

I still cant find out about the waitress thing. I have no idea who said it.

WARNING:: Northern Panhandle Florida, A very very cold blooded killer is on the loose. He killed his parents in such a way that I wont type it. There is a picture of him, but he did not look like that last Wed. At that time he had long hair and a beard

I am really confused. I thought this new information concerning a threat to BD and HD - BD didn't even know about until LE told Her.

I also thought the other threat was toward BD and CD. So, now there are three threats? 2 by SA and 1 by someone unknown? Is this correct? tia

It is very confusing. According to the affidavit SA admitted that he threatened both HD and BD during the Feb 2010 incident. BD claims that SA threatened herself and CD during the Feb 2010 incident. There was also an uncle mentioned as being threatened during the Feb 2010 incident. From what I can tell after reading between the lines there are two seperate cases of HD and BD being threatened. Case one was by SA in Feb 2010 where he threatened to kill HD, BD, CD and who knows who else. Case two was by a mystery man who "threatened" both BD and HD sometime last year. Hope that helps some but I agree it is very difficult to figure all of this out.

DO any locals know if there is still search parties going on in any of the cities?

Yes..an organized search was held yesterday and the next one is scheduled for Wednesday. Right now they are doing Wednesdays and Saturdays.

Everyday you hear of people harming children with no record of it before.It's the circumstance that was happening with Hailey the whole of last year that LE would be looking at,the habits of a suspect,inconsistent story,cellphone pings and all that was happening the day of her disappearance.

The Amber Alert, for me, is simply proof LE is in fact doing their job. What I don't get is why they would ask for an Amber Alert in the first place, unless they were looking into something else, like Hailey running off with an older boyfriend. At the time Hailey was reported missing, both the later to be named suspect and his vehicle, or whatever vehicles he has access to, were already all present and accounted for. If SA took Hailey off somewhere in whatever vehicle on Sunday, Monday, or even Tuesday morning, that ship had already sailed. What good does it do LE, who are watching SA, to have people calling in and reporting on SA's current whereabouts?

The Amber Alert is not a generic notification of a missing person. It is for people to be watching for specific people in specific vehicles.

Responding to my own post and BBM.

I do have an opinion (therefore 'get') why LE tried to get Amber Alerts. From various gossip (and not spreading rumors) there were several scenarios of what could have happened to Hailey. IMO, the attempts to get an Amber Alert tells me LE was not suffering from tunnel vision, and were trying to address every option they were aware of.

After reading and hearing about things that were happening in the house that HD was supposed to be living at I can understand why LE thought that she could have been a runaway. IMO all of it are things that no child should ever have to deal with.

I've been looking for something, and haven't been able to find it. I hope someone can help. :)

I'm looking for a description of Hailey's last sighting by Shawn that is complete - that is, that starts with 'she said she was going to her dad's, then to MB's, then she', and finishes the story until she actually exits the house.

For example, '... then to MB's,... then she waved good-bye and walked out the door', or '... then to MB's,... then she walked in the other room, and I heard the front door open and close. I didn't see her again (or and then Shawn said he didn't see her again.)'

Anything indicating an egress by Hailey.

I can't find one, and it's bugging me.

TIA :blowkiss:

IDK but Could this be what you are looking for?? Found in transcript of NG show

SHAWN ADKINS, MOTHER`S BOYFRIEND: She just told me, you know, Shawn, I`m going to go by my dad`s and then I`m going to stay the night with my friend, MB. Please tell my mom.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/18/ng.01.html

I hear ya. I posted about an "innocent" client. If the suspect says they're innocent and they want to cooperate, their lawyer can be present at all LE interviews and advise their client what they should and shouldn't answer. Happens all the time. Now, if their client admits guilt to the lawyer or the lawyer thinks they're guilty, they would probably advise the suspect not to cooperate - agreed. And, I don't think a lawyer would advise their client to take an LE-administered LDT in either scenario.

Thanks for the info - sounds like an interesting story. Personally, I totally support lawyer/client confidentiality under all circumstances.. I can see where defending a slime ball could eat at a decent attorney...

I could be wrong, but I believe that if a client admits guilt to their attorney, then the attorney cannot defend a "not guilty" plea. They can continue with a "guilty" plea, etc. An attorney can think their client is guilty and still defend them as "not guilty" because they have no proof or admission of guilt. But I think that changes if someone admits guilt.

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/investigators-tighten-numbers

This is a January 26th article.

Kampfer stated investigators haven’t been able to corroborate any witnesses seeing Hailey on December 27, the day she supposedly disappeared while on the way to spend the night with a friend.

“Taking the electronic data and mixing it in, the time tables don’t match up,” he said.

To me this says that they cannot corroborate a sighting early in the day by a hairdresser or a sighting later that day by another witness who thought they saw Haleigh in front of the two stores with a male and female.

This is 2011. There are video cameras everywhere. The video camera at the hotel also did not show that Hailey was there.

This is very clear. These sightings have not proven out.

Not the hotel, not the 10:30-1:00pm hairdresser sighting, not the late afternoon or early evening sighting.

Going back to this 'electronic data', I agree about the video. I also think they may be referring to add'l cell phone pings along with no call/text activity from HD (save for the one mystery text around 2:00pm).

I still wonder where BD's phone was that day.

I could be wrong, but I believe that if a client admits guilt to their attorney, then the attorney cannot defend a "not guilty" plea. They can continue with a "guilty" plea, etc. An attorney can think their client is guilty and still defend them as "not guilty" because they have no proof or admission of guilt. But I think that changes if someone admits guilt.

According to the book "Objection!" by NG, that is how it is supposed to work, but that's not how it works. Defense attorneys are protected by client-privilege so that they have a LOT of freedom to keep secrets about the truth. NG wrote this book not long after she was a prosecuting attorney. It was given to me and I found it very enlightening and frustrating at the same time. The legal system has a lot of problems that need to be addressed, that's for sure.

This threat was one that was made more than a year ago, which would be well before the February 2010 incident we heard on the 911 tapes.

If CCPD tought the threat was so insignificant, why are they binging it up now that they are unable to locate this man?

To eliminate the defense attorney for the person/people ultimately arrested from using this information to cast doubt on their guilt.

Ron Cummings was a career criminal with a long rap sheet . He was drug dealer and a batterer. His significant other was underage when she started living with him. He made wild, angry threats which were recorded on the 911 call and called his girlfriend a *itch.

BD has no rap sheet that I am aware of. Other than a bounced check or two BD has a pretty clean record. She has a job and has worked for the same hospital for several years. She has made herself available to police and insisted upon a thorough investigation.

I see a huge difference between the two.

Sorry-I thought it was pretty clear I was comparing their missing childs' cases....not their pasts seeing how I didn't mention anything about either of their pasts. It's your opinion the cases aren't similar--it's mine that they are (and a few others here that I have seen). I truly hope it's not the case b/c it looks like Haleigh's will never be solved.
However, the changing of stories/withholding of information/the "i don't remembers or i don't knows"/the uncertainty of what she was wearing/the drugs/the apparent frightful people in and out of their children's lives (according to BD saying she and Hailey were both threatened)/the refusal to talk to le/the walking out of questioning....and I honestly could keep going, but I hope I've made my point---I was not comparing their character.

Yllek...No lawyer would advise his client to do that. I watched a show on tv about 3 lawyers that had some bad dude as a client. They kept the secret for 30 yrs. One retired early, and something with the other two. It was eating them up alive because they knew who what when and where of a killing, but was not allowed by law, ethics, moral conduct to tell. While they were discussing it, I could understand.

Warning: O/T.
There was a true case a while back, I'd say maybe as much as 20 years ago, in which a man was accused of killing several young women. Some of the bodies had never been recovered. The accused told his attorney where those bodies could be found, and the attorney did nothing and said nothing, on the basis of attorney/client privilege.
During the man's trial, he mentioned the location of one of the bodies. He proceeded to tell the court that he'd given this information to his attorney quite some time before. The attorney ended up being taken to court (can't recall if this was a civil case or a criminal case) for NOT revealing the information, when the killer indicated that he'd never asked his attorney not to give the families the information to find their daughters, and had assumed that the attorney WOULD pass the information along.
The bodies were found where he said... I believe one was in a well and another in a drum.
I have no idea why your story above made me think of this. Anyone recall the case?

All indications are that CCPD was not focusing on anyone during the first days of this investigation. They stated in the early comments to the press that they had finished questioning everyone and followed every lead, coming to the conclusion that there was no evidence of foul play. You can read this in the articles from the C-city newspaper starting from Dec. 29.

This is why Billie was so insistent on seeking out more media coverage and more involvement from outside agencies...if BD had done something to hurt Hailey or had any involvement at all, she could have accepted CCPD's half-hearted (MOO) efforts and their conclusion that she ran away. CCPD was not even looking at SA as a suspect at the time...CCPD did not suspect foul play.

This is why, regardles of the jumbled stories and LDT info, I believe that the problem with this case is the CCPD's inability to conduct a proper investigation. Billie didn't do this. I don't know who did, but SA is looking very hinky. This latest possible bumbling by CCPD is just more reason to question thier ability to find out what happened to Hailey.

I have never, ever had such a low opinion of an entire police agency. I would normally have confidence that even if one officer messed up, someone else would catch the mistake and fix it. I truly do not believe that there is anyone at CCPD who is able to insure the integrity of reports, affadavits, interviews, evidence collection, crime scene investigation, or lie detector tests. I do not believe that they were particularly forthcoming with the more experienced agencies who have tried to help find Hailey.

This is all just my personal opinion, based upon the contradictions in the affadavits, recordings of 911 calls, possible inability to find the threatening man, neglect of evidence collection until other agencies re-started the investigation, and failure to see what everyone else saw, which was a little girl who was in immediate danger and who needed much, much more help than (IMO) three overworked, underpaid, inexperienced officers could provide.

IMO what you are saying ^above^ is most likely quite accurate.. I think for the most part its the jist of atleast the major pieces to this puzzle{i.e. SA as the main perp.. BD not directly involved..and LE unfortunately due to inexperience has hindered Hailey's case/investigation from being the best that it could possibly be}..Of course as I said this is in MOO..

The above bolded portion of your post{IMO}is the "key" piece that IMO shows by no attempting to sway.. to move ppl focus away..etc..etc{unlike alot of whta we have seen come from Billie..as many feel she is attempting to sway..and move/direct focus elsewhere from SA}.. but your bolded portion IMO shows by nothing other than just innocent "reactions"..decisions..choices..made by Billie that IMO show that she is NOT directly involved in anything that occured and led to Hailey's demise..

Because quite naturally if she were{DIRECTLY involved in Hailey's demise} she WOULD NOT HAVE CHOSEN THOSE ACTIONS WHICH YOU POINT OUT IN YOUR POST ABOVE..she would NOT have been desperately contacting Texas Rangers..she would NOT BE desperately seeking out more media and at a national level rather than local media..she WOULD NOT have personally done all of these things including personally contacting TES to get their immediately and find Hailey{regardless..dead or alive..Billie wanted her found}..and it certainly seems as tho she did infact do all the "right" things{and there is no judge&jury for this situation and deems what is right and what is wrong..but I'd say Billie did all of the "right" things in seeking..personally asking..and not accepting CCPD's label of "runaway"}..

Cuz just as you said TGI wouldn't she have let CCPD label it runaway..put it On the back burner..and let what little media attn it had just completely die out..And let Hailey just quietly become another one of America's sad statistics? And IMO the answer would be HE!! YES! This would have been the perfect reaction to let CCPD have and her and SA could have rode off together into Horror movie sunset..

And because she didn't allow that and DID FIGHT FOR HAILEY TO BE FOUND..its my opinion that Billie was not directly involved with what happened to Hailey{my opinion which matters NOT is that Billie is indirectly responsible if anything by putting her own desires/needs for SA above that of her flesh and blood child and brought an unstable[to say the least]young male to live in the home with her 13yr old daughter..who over the course of this past yr alone has displayed on numerous accts a definite need to FLEE that homelife[there was a reason for this and it was ignored&pushed to the back of one's mind]..those are MY OPINIONS ONLY of where IMO responsibility lies for Billie}...

Where my GREAT dilemma comes in is that at some point AFTER-THE-FACT{and that means after the initial investigation had begun..along with after the media attn had already begun as well}..it is at some point that we all witnessed a "change" in Billie{I'll try to explain a little..tho I think many know immediately what I am speaking of..but am only going to delve shallowly into this for the sheer reason that it could take pages upon pages in dissecting/describing what in the hell that we actually have witnessed:crazy:}

At some point there has been a change in Billie..one that anyone who has closely followed this case has seen.. It's as if at some point..{and this is just a speculative example}..it's as if at some point maybe she did find out that SA did do something to Hailey{and I AM NOT SAYING THAT BILLIE DID FIND THIS OUT..I AM ONLY GIVING YOU AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT I THINK POSSIBLY COULD HAVE HAPPENED THAT WOULD CAUSE THIS ODD/STRANGE/NOT ADDING UP BEHAVIOR THAT WE ALL HAVE WITNESSED WITH BILLIE}..

This is not a perfect example but I do think it will be enough to make my point..tho.. BUt it is similar IMO to when Cindy Anthony came to the conclusion and was faced with the nightmarish truth that Casey had murdered Caylee..well once the initial shock or some sort of denial washed over her..or whatever you wanna call it{cuz I sure as he!! don't understand it}..but its almost as if..the person concludes that there's nothing that can be done at that point to bring back their loved one..so why have to lose another loved one to prison/DP.. so they go in to COVER THAT PERSON'S AZZ MODE.. Which all CA followers KNOW ALL TOO WELL..

I may be alone in my view and opinion of this{and it certainly wouldn't be the first time..lol}..but IMO there ARE DEFINITE AND UNMISTAKABLE SHADES OF THIS GOING ON IN HAILEY'S CASE!..

As I promised I would not delve deep into it..but rather only enough to explain my point of view..I just hope I explained it clearly enough for those to understand..Because IMO that is quite possibly what is going on..and would like to hear what others thought{and by no means do ppl with complete opposite opinions feel a need to ever hold their tongue where I'm involved..I always welcome any and all opinions..views..theories..etc..etc..}

**just wanted to emphasize that TGIRecovered's post was just a jumping off point for this post..I..in no way am trying to insinuate that TGIRecovered thinks/feels/opinions are in any way related and/or similar to mine..Again TGIRecovered's post was just a jumping off spot..

Wondering if we can do a quick poll.....don't recall seeing one in a while if ever on this case......I can think of 4 possible scenarios considering SA has been named a suspect......first one is:

hit thanks if you believe SA is the perp (with or without help) and acted without BD's knowledge

Third:

Hit thanks if you believe SA is the perp and BD knows and is covering for him.

and since everyone's will be seen if you choose to participate-it's only fair to say that at this point in time---I fall under this category

And last---

hit thanks if you believe neither SA or BD had anything to do with Hailey's disappearance

whether LE called Hailey a runaway from the jump or not, they were running a parallel investigation, as all LE does in this situation and obviously that changed.....just because they dont inform the world doesnt mean they were not investigating the family... jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500