TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
And we have to remember that her friend had no knowlege of H coming to spend the night...that throws a huge red flag up for me.

True, and Hailey had never once spent the night at MB's before. Another red flag for me..

True, and Hailey had never once spent the night at MB's before. Another red flag for me..

A big one for me as well. I started thinking SA could have possibly picked a better friend for his story, maybe one where Hailey has spent the night before.

I have a couple questions that i've been keeping in for a while, but finally decided to ask.
They're pretty simple questions probably, but i'm gonna ask anyway.

1. SA said that Hailey was going to her dad's first.
Did she ever make it there? She didn't right? Doesn't he live right down the street from her? On the same street? Or have i been thinking wrong about that all along?

2. SA said somewhere at the beginning that Hailey could be found in Scurry county right? WHY did he say that and what did he mean? Doesn't LE, BD, anyone want to know what he meant by that? Why would he make such a comment???? It bugs me.

I wonder if SA said/suggested Scurry County, or if he answered "yes" to a question when LE asked him if she was in Scurry County?

I have a couple questions that i've been keeping in for a while, but finally decided to ask.

Did she ever make it there? She didn't right? Doesn't he live right down the street from her? On the same street? Or have i been thinking wrong about that all along?

2. SA said somewhere at the beginning that Hailey could be found in Scurry county right? WHY did he say that and what did he mean? Doesn't LE, BD, anyone want to know what he meant by that? Why would he make such a comment???? It bugs me.

Yes that is SA's story, dads first. He lives across a field from Hailey. He did say Scurry County. BD on NG said that her and Hailey have friends in Scurry Couty.

1. He did live 'across the street' --but it is actually across a little field. And it does look somewhat desolate and like a spot where she could be taken by someone.

2. that statement bugs me too. was he trying to hint that she ran away and was hiding there ? Or was he being a jerk and messing with him? IDK

I feel confident that whatever it is that was found in the vehicle is of considerable weight with regards to Hailey directly..

LE specifically stated that the evidence that was collected and tested from the vehicle that SA/BD shared would NOT BE RELEASED UNTIL AN ARREST WAS MADE{IMO when it goes to trial}..

IMO something BIG hinges on what "it" is that was found in the vehicle..jmo

Yes, that LE statement was almost a promise that there will be an arrest of someone that used that car, not some stranger.

Brought over from previous thread..posted by Denyl2005

There's one more option, BD is the perp and SA is covering up...

But my opinion still is that they're both in it together.

BBM
I've had the mantra "clear as mud" in my head re: this case. But today, the bolded choice above smacked me upside the head and in the gut. Strangely, it happened as I watched youtube video of SA's interviews in the press.

The last several days, I've just been filing away information and decided to just let it all simmer awhile without "trying" to figure it all out. Now, it will be waiting until the "last chapter of the the book" to see if I figured out the ending before I got there.

IIRC, her friend said they had talked about B spending the night, but they hadn't definitely made plans for this.

Is there a link? I don't remember the friend stated that. Just a 2pm text!

IIRC, her friend said they had talked about B spending the night, but they hadn't definitely made plans for this.

Is there a link? I don't remember the friend stating that. Just a 2pm text!

A big one for me as well. I started thinking SA could have possibly picked a better friend for his story, maybe one where Hailey has spent the night before.

Maybe MB was the only friends name that SA could find in the cell phone. He may not have known any of her friends and had to find one quick.

Maybe MB was the only friends name that SA could find in the cell phone. He may not have known any of her friends and had to find one quick.

Or he was aware MB had spent the night at Hailey's house before, so he used her name. Or he figured BD didn't know the Mom, so she wouldn't call over there. Could also be a good reason for the drug run so BD was high and not thinking about checking up on her daughter. So many possibilities.

Or he was aware MB had spent the night at Hailey's house before, so he used her name. Or he figured BD didn't know the Mom, so she wouldn't call over there. Could also be a good reason for the drug run so BD was high and not thinking about checking up on her daughter. So many possibilities.

The part about BD not calling to check in on H, to make sure she was spending the night somewhere (since H had never spent the night there) just really throws me for a loop. Now IF H had stayed at MB's house most weekends or regularly...this may not stand out to me as much...MOO

Just thinking about SA at work Monday morning. That seems to have been a mistake of some sort. I wonder if he hadn't meant to be seen. He stupidly goes in to get a drink (dry mouth---drugs? nervousness?) and OOPS...there's the boss. Not having planned for that, he turns around and walks out. He didn't have a story ready to account for being there and then leaving.

It must be hard for BD to admit that for some reason she was in a fog Sunday through to Tuesday when she suddenly needed Hailey in her house. It sounds like a fog - doesn't quite remember. Now, were they "all home that Sunday", other than Hailey being seen out walking around town and maybe being at her Dad's? I only have the son seeing her Sunday night, then it starts to get BD foggy.

BD's fog is what I question. I still want to yell, "You didn't even talk to Hailey to see if she was really spending the night at MB's! It wasn't like it was a regular occurrence. So, I wish BD didn't sound so "scripted confused".

The part about BD not calling to check in on H, to make sure she was spending the night somewhere (since H had never spent the night there) just really throws me for a loop. Now IF H had stayed at MB's house most weekends or regularly...this may not stand out to me as much...MOO

At first I thought this was striking and important. After hearing more about the household, I'm not so sure BD not checking in to see where HD was is that shocking.

What is important is whether or not HD actually told SA this (which would be her lie--so where did she really go) or whether this is SA's lie.

Kampfer said that he wants to work with school counselors and others to better track children in "dysfunctional situations" to help prevent such a scenario from happening again.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/29/the-road-ahead/?print=1

Is he talking about Hailey? That she was in a dysfunctional situation? And what happened to her could have been prevented w/counselors etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea