TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
“I had put a lot of faith into those, and that faith is gone,” she said. I would have came forward a long time ago,” she said, though she added that she was convinced that the lie detector tests were destined to “clear everybody.”

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/08/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/?print=1

What does the bolded part mean? :waitasec:

Good question...speaking of which (from your link)....do the bolded statements seem to contradict each other?

“We break down when we’re alone, my son and I both,” Billie Jean Dunn said, referring to Hailey’s 16-year-old brother, DD. “Break down and lose it, and sometimes you feel like you’re never gain your composure. It’s tough to stay strong in front of my son, but I do it.”

I remember thinking at the time, which is it? You break down with him, or when he isn't looking? I know it's nitpicking but it is one of many statement that have made me go :waitasec:

A big one for me as well. I started thinking SA could have possibly picked a better friend for his story, maybe one where Hailey has spent the night before.

On previous occasions, hadn't she told her mom that she had? Where DID she stay those times? Is that where LE thought she went this time?

IIRC, her friend said they had talked about B spending the night, but they hadn't definitely made plans for this.

That was only said by cz in her original post. There has been nothing in MSM to indicate that MB had made any plans with HD for that day.

Tuesday afternoon, Billie told DD to text Hailey's friend to tell her to come home. Hailey does not have her own cell phone. Hailey's friend told DD that she never arrived on Monday. This seems to be a grey area... Hailey's friend is saying that she did not know for sure if Hailey was coming over or not.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5953002&postcount=5"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Darlene Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27-Dec-2010[/ame]

What happened to Billie's press conference? Wasn't that today?

Did LE collect DNA from SA yet?

I have no idea.
Hopefully they did before he got a lawyer.
It would have been easy to do if he had a cup of coffee or anything like that while he was being interviewed and polygraphed.
All LE would've had to do would be to just collect anything he was drinking out of or a cigarette butt:waitasec:
If they are keeping tabs on him, which is a given I think, then they can pick up anything he discards.

Just thinking about SA at work Monday morning. That seems to have been a mistake of some sort. I wonder if he hadn't meant to be seen. He stupidly goes in to get a drink (dry mouth---drugs? nervousness?) and OOPS...there's the boss. Not having planned for that, he turns around and walks out. He didn't have a story ready to account for being there and then leaving.

I believe he totally went in to try to make everything seem "normal" and I believe panic overtook him...the reason I say this is that I have panic attacks and I have went into work and for no reason what so ever be overcome with a panic attack to the point that I just had to leave. Now with him, I think there was a "reason". JMO

Or he was aware MB had spent the night at Hailey's house before, so he used her name. Or he figured BD didn't know the Mom, so she wouldn't call over there. Could also be a good reason for the drug run so BD was high and not thinking about checking up on her daughter. So many possibilities.

If SA is covering four BD, Billie could have spoken to SA & told him what to say to LE. JMO

Kampfer said that he wants to work with school counselors and others to better track children in "dysfunctional situations" to help prevent such a scenario from happening again.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/29/the-road-ahead/?print=1

Is he talking about Hailey? That she was in a dysfunctional situation? And what happened to her could have been prevented w/counselors etc?

I think it's great if they can put in more street lights and cameras to prevent stranger abductions, but yeah, "dysfunctional situations" were also addressed for some reason. It's a long article. Lying to the FBI is a Federal Offense, etc.,

1. He did live 'across the street' --but it is actually across a little field. And it does look somewhat desolate and like a spot where she could be taken by someone.

2. that statement bugs me too. was he trying to hint that she ran away and was hiding there ? Or was he being a jerk and messing with him? IDK

1. It seems like noone is taking it seriously that she could have been taken walking to her dad's house!!!!
All we seem to hear is about her being a runaway or about SA being a suspect....someone definately could have taken her. :(

2. and again i say....why would he make that statement like he knows for sure she was in scurry county? ughhhhh

The part about BD not calling to check in on H, to make sure she was spending the night somewhere (since H had never spent the night there) just really throws me for a loop. Now IF H had stayed at MB's house most weekends or regularly...this may not stand out to me as much...MOO

That is a little odd to me, too. However... Billie said she never had to worry about Hailey, so I assume she trusted her that she wasn't sneaking off to meet boys or rob convenience stores or something. And I've known many parents who trusted their kids only to find out somewhere down the road that they did a lot behind their back. Not saying Hailey did that but it sure wouldn't be unusual.
Then, too... Billie may have just accepted Shawn's word that the story was true, so no need to check up on her. Since MB had spent at least a couple nights with Hailey, as per her mom, then I assume Billie didn't find it unusual and just never thought to check.

When my stepdaughter lived with us, she went on sleepovers occasionally and we sometimes didn't know the other parents all that well. And we never called back to check up on her... just never felt the need to. If she wanted permission to go somewhere else or to extend her stay for another day, she would call us first. She didn't develop that rebellion until she was about 17, and that came from listening to an older boyfriend, I think he was 19. That was when the stuff hit the fan!

That was only said by cz in her original post. There has been nothing in MSM to indicate that MB had made any plans with HD for that day.

Tuesday afternoon, Billie told DD to text Hailey's friend to tell her to come home. Hailey does not have her own cell phone. Hailey's friend told DD that she never arrived on Monday. This seems to be a grey area... Hailey's friend is saying that she did not know for sure if Hailey was coming over or not.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Darlene Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27-Dec-2010

Ah thank you. I was going nuts searching news articles. Even the very earliest ones say MB had no idea.

When we spoke to the friend, she said she had no idea Hailey was planning to come over.

http://www.ktxs.com/big_country_news/26370613/detail.html

NG Jan 4

B. DUNN: She saw Hailey, M B and a boy that she didn`t recognize.

GRACE: Now have you — have you spoken with M B? Did that in fact happen?

B. DUNN: I hadn`t asked her about that. I`m letting the police handle M B. I do call her to ask her hey, what did Hailey say to you on Monday, did she call you Monday, did you guys text, did she say she was going somewhere else Monday, or with another friend Monday, and she tells me no.

GRACE: Did she say she even saw Hailey on Monday?

B. DUNN: She hasn`t told me that she did. No.

GRACE: OK. So to your knowledge, Hailey never went to M B`s?

B. DUNN: Right. That`s what she says.

So what's up, is this press conference on for tomorrow. If so, what time and where?

Redcat - Have you been invited? Do you have any details?

Good question...speaking of which (from your link)....do the bolded statements seem to contradict each other?

“We break down when we’re alone, my son and I both,” Billie Jean Dunn said, referring to Hailey’s 16-year-old brother, DD. “Break down and lose it, and sometimes you feel like you’re never gain your composure. It’s tough to stay strong in front of my son, but I do it.”

I remember thinking at the time, which is it? You break down with him, or when he isn't looking? I know it's nitpicking but it is one of many statement that have made me go :waitasec:

Could she mean that when each of them is alone (not with each other) they cry, but when they are together or when she is doing appearances, she has to hold herself together for her son's sake.

1. It seems like noone is taking it seriously that she could have been taken walking to her dad's house!!!!
All we seem to hear is about her being a runaway or about SA being a suspect....someone definately could have taken her. :(

2. and again i say....why would he make that statement like he knows for sure she was in scurry county? ughhhhh
What really bothers me about this is when I read the affidavits, IIRC BD admitted that she withdrew the money from the ATM to buy illegal narcotics in Scurry county.
Did she say Scurry county or am I wrong?
TIA

That is a little odd to me, too. However... Billie said she never had to worry about Hailey, so I assume she trusted her that she wasn't sneaking off to meet boys or rob convenience stores or something. And I've known many parents who trusted their kids only to find out somewhere down the road that they did a lot behind their back. Not saying Hailey did that but it sure wouldn't be unusual.
Then, too... Billie may have just accepted Shawn's word that the story was true, so no need to check up on her. Since MB had spent at least a couple nights with Hailey, as per her mom, then I assume Billie didn't find it unusual and just never thought to check.

When my stepdaughter lived with us, she went on sleepovers occasionally and we sometimes didn't know the other parents all that well. And we never called back to check up on her... just never felt the need to. If she wanted permission to go somewhere else or to extend her stay for another day, she would call us first. She didn't develop that rebellion until she was about 17, and that came from listening to an older boyfriend, I think he was 19. That was when the stuff hit the fan!

I totally trusted my daughter and thank the Lord she never gave me any trouble at all, however.....she checked in with me or I was checking in with her. I mean it is situations like this that gave me reason to know where she was and whom she was with. I may have been over protective, but have not regretted that at all. JMO I know every parent is different.

On previous occasions, hadn't she told her mom that she had? Where DID she stay those times? Is that where LE thought she went this time?

No, not that I remember hearing about. Are you talking about Hailey told her mother she was spending the night at MB's before?

Kampfer said that he wants to work with school counselors and others to better track children in "dysfunctional situations" to help prevent such a scenario from happening again.

Is he talking about Hailey? That she was in a dysfunctional situation? And what happened to her could have been prevented w/counselors etc?

could the counselors be listening for signs of what was happening inside the home?
like why Hailey moved so often, signs of drugs, abuse....what she or DD may have told friends?
even rumors that may end u to be true stories?
DD stayed around but Hailey was shifted around to friends, grandma etc.....WHY?
and YES Hailey's life was/is VERY DISFUNCTIONAL and SCAREY!!!

“I had put a lot of faith into those, and that faith is gone,” she said. I would have came forward a long time ago,” she said, though she added that she was convinced that the lie detector tests were destined to “clear everybody.”

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/08/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/?print=1

What does the bolded part mean? :waitasec:

What the ...? I have read that article 3 times and still don't know what she was saying. Chalk it up to another Billieism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500