TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
She lost her nursing license years ago. She's been working as ward clerk.

ETA: lost nursing license source:
http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/08/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/?print=1

Thank you BeanE.

Does this mean BD can't renew her LVN license because it was permanently revoked when she failed to attend her hearing with the Nursing Board ?

I am not clear what Ms. Dunn's options are concerning her license.

I wonder how BD reacted to the Board's comments?

snip

In 2008, Billie Jean Dunn’s license to practice nursing in the state was revoked by the Texas Board of Nursing. According to the group’s formal charges, Dunn practiced as a vocational nurse without a license from June 1, 2007, to April 20, 2008, while employed at Cogdell Memorial Hospital in Snyder. Board records indicate her license expired May 31, 2007.

Dunn’s conduct deceived residents, their families, fellow caregivers and the public, who believed that her practice of nursing was in compliance with the board’s rules and regulations, according to the board’s findings. Dunn was, according to the board, given an opportunity to show compliance with state law to retain her license. The case was heard in an open meeting in Austin on Nov. 12, 2008. Dunn did not appear, the record says.

Clint Dunn On The Peter Hyatt Show
link not allowed...sorry

Keep
It
Simple...........
right there is a motive! IMO SA was messing around and scaring Hailey very badly. IMO everyone laughed her off...........now she is GONE!
Who?
Why?
now WHERE is Hailey?????

and all this other earring, xbox, friend, sightings, he said, she said is FLUFF meant to distract IMO. I don't see Billie harming Hailey either, but JMO I DO see someone who seems to have no problem making Shawn a top priority of hers..even when her precious child is missing. That speaks volumes to me....ALL MOO..

Or, equally simple, Hailey was starting to tell people about her life at home and SA and/or BD didn't appreciate her interfering with their awesomeness, and possibly getting them in trouble for any number of things. Look how many lies and inconsistencies have been told in attempt to make things appear different than reality. What people think matters to the utmost to one of the adults living under BD's roof with Hailey. Could be other things besides (or along with) messing around with Hailey. Potential motive is right..

Thank you BeanE.

Does this mean BD can't renew her LVN license because it was permanently revoked when she failed to attend her hearing with the Nursing Board ?

snip

In 2008, Billie Jean Dunn’s license to practice nursing in the state was revoked by the Texas Board of Nursing. According to the group’s formal charges, Dunn practiced as a vocational nurse without a license from June 1, 2007, to April 20, 2008, while employed at Cogdell Memorial Hospital in Snyder. Board records indicate her license expired May 31, 2007.

Dunn’s conduct deceived residents, their families, fellow caregivers and the public, who believed that her practice of nursing was in compliance with the board’s rules and regulations, according to the board’s findings. Dunn was, according to the board, given an opportunity to show compliance with state law to retain her license. The case was heard in an open meeting in Austin on Nov. 12, 2008. Dunn did not appear, the record says.

That is pretty odd though because if she didnt show for the meeting why would they still employ her there?

I bet she did... and ignored it. You might be surprised at the women who are in denial when it comes to boyfriends messing with their kids. Or maybe not.
It happened with my stepdaughter and her mother still does not believe her, after 20 years. Sad, isn't it.

I agree TxLady2 and THAT is what tears my heart out..Every person that I have ever spoke with that has been though something like that has told me that not being believed or nothing being done about it was more traumatic than the abuse itself..Hailey is only 13 years old...Bless her heart...

eta~my heart goes out to your stepdaughter..I can't imagine. Thank goodness she has YOU!

I agree TxLady2 and THAT is what tears my heart out..Every woman that I have ever spoke with that has been though something like that has told me that not being believed or nothing being done about it was more traumatic than the abuse itself..Hailey is only 13 years old...Bless her heart...

eta~my heart goes out to your stepdaughter..I can't imagine. Thank goodness she has YOU!

I know when there was trouble in my home, my sister and I were enrolled in jujitsu. Hailey does martial arts. Coincidence? :waitasec:

I know when there was trouble in my home, my sister and I were enrolled in jujitsu. Hailey does martial arts. Coincidence? :waitasec:

And it was Clint that took them to Martial Arts classes and encouraged that.

IDK..but if it IS a coincidence ..it's just one more in an awful long line of 'em, I tell you that much!

Another question I am pondering is if they purchased drugs for someone else why they were at it?

It's possible but doesn't explain why they made 2 withdrawals instead of 1.

Unless SA & BD shared a joint bank account they might have each withdrawn money from their personal accounts to purchase their own supply.

Are LE absolutely sure the 2 withdrawals came from the same account number?

Thank you BeanE.

snip

We have some nurses on the board, a couple from Texas I think.
From what I have found it is not impossible for her to get her license back but it is not simple, and it certainly is not a matter of paying a fine.

She would have to go in front of the board explain the entire situation (probably at this point answer questions about the illegal narcotics from the affadavits) and then complete whatever probation stipulations they required for her to a limited license back.

Found many cases of revoked for drug addiction or other drug related issues where reinstatement occured but it required rehab, testing, monitoring, psych evals.

The ethic cases I found were more likely to be declined for reinstatement.

From what I have found it is not impossible for her to get her license back but it is not simple, and it certainly is not a matter of paying a fine.

She would have to go in front of the board explain the entire situation (probably at this point answer questions about the illegal narcotics from the affadavits) and then complete whatever probation stipulations they required for her to a limited license back.

Found many cases of revoked for drug addiction or other drug related issues where reinstatement occured but it required rehab, testing, monitoring, psych evals.

I don't care how many psych. evals and pee tests she does. If the board gives BD back her license, I believe they would be extremely negligent

JMHO MOO etc!

That is pretty odd though because if she didnt show for the meeting why would they still employ her there?

She was moved to a job that does not require a license from my understanding. From the posters here that seemed to be a 50% pay cut.

Just a thought, but I am wondering if part of Billie's reluctance to break from Shawn and trying to steer the investigation in a different direction is because she is trying to rationalize being with him in the first place. Not only to herself but to family and friends. That might not make sense to some, but I used to do the same thing when I was single, when a guy I dated wasn't accepted by my family. Every bad thing that was said about him, I would come back with all the nice things about him. They couldn't convince me until I convinced myself.

I think Billie will have to come to terms with Shawn's involvement in her own way and in her own time. Once she admits to herself that he is the reason Hailey is gone... if she ever does... then she can put some distance between them.

I'm not making excuses for her... I think she is doing the wrong thing staying in touch with him, but I can understand it, even if I don't agree with it.

I see what you're saying here. Some of the negativity regarding SA does seem to be coming from her siblings. And if they've been giving her the business about getting rid of this guy for some time, to have to admit that by not listening to them she may have lost her daughter would be hard to take.

But she has to look at that possibility and should have been looking at it very hard since the day he failed that poly and lawyered up. She seems to think she knows him very well. She may actually have the key to where HD is if she can just go there in her mind. Working in unison with LE instead of against them would have shed a lot of light on things for them.

No amount of shame for bringing this man into their lives is worth what she is doing now by throwing out alternative scenarios and hoping that LE will tell her why these scenarios are not possible. They don't trust her....for good reason so they are not going to tell her why those scenarios don't pan out. That would mean having to tell her what they know and how do they know that she wouldn't tell SA?

Like MK said, there are three sides here holding their own investigations, LE, CD and BD. I think it is because of BD and her actions from the beginning that this happened. They should all be working together and yes...that means looking at SA and realizing that he might just be responsible. If he could have been ruled out weeks ago, this would be a whole different investigation. It is irresponsible of BD not to face facts. If Hailey is no longer with us, it is better to know this than to live a lifetime never knowing what happened and having the person responsible get away with it. She is responsible for getting justice for her daughter.

BD can't get SA ruled out by throwing out witness sitings that LE have not been able to corroborate. Is she a better investigator than the FBI, SS and Texas Rangers? SA is the only one who can get himself cleared. And he can't or won't do that.

MOO

Does anyone have any idea how much the licence actually is even? Because all that for a dodgy check just seems crazy.

Or, equally simple, Hailey was starting to tell people about her life at home and SA and/or BD didn't appreciate her interfering with their awesomeness, and possibly getting them in trouble for any number of things. Look how many lies and inconsistencies have been told in attempt to make things appear different than reality. What people think matters to the utmost to one of the adults living under BD's roof with Hailey. Could be other things besides (or along with) messing around with Hailey. Potential motive is right..

This keeps bugging me about BD saying she checked on Hailey that morning before she went to work,but didn't touch her.And the tv was still on,maybe noise to cover any sounds that night?I'm wondering if she checked on her to see if she was still there,maybe an argument that night?

It's possible but doesn't explain why they made 2 withdrawals instead of 1.

Unless SA & BD shared a joint bank account they might have each withdrawn money from their personal accounts to purchase their own supply.

Are LE absolutely sure the 2 withdrawals came from the same account number?
I am not having any issue with two withdrawals. Quick cash is 60.00, they then realized exactly how much they had and got more.

Does anyone have any idea how much the licence actually is even? Because all that for a dodgy check just seems crazy.

Oh boy, I have no link........but I read somewhere that BD needed $300.
for the hearing and license renewal. Friends at work collected the money, but BD never showed up..............

The bounced check, not knowing it bounced, and not knowing about the hearing came from Cz. There is nothing documented that supports that to my knowledge, including the docs attached to her file that say the notices went to her home. The same place I assume a bank would have notified her at.

There has to be more to it than that.

:floorlaugh: It's sad and funny at the same time.
I'm looking more forward to this interview than the Super Bowl. :crazy:
Well I wouldn't go THAT far!!:crazy:
STEELERS!!!!!!!:woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads