TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see small towns who have several firestations have a siren system that would alert their residents when a child goes missing so the folks can "stop, look, and listen".

that is such a great idea..........everyone listens to that.
Cheap also............I like this idea, plus perp would hopefully get scared knowing everyone was outside looking around!
Sirens can be heard a long way!

I fear that if something has happened to Hailey, reporting her missing on Monday evening may have not made a difference, the harm probably had already happened. That seems to be true in most cases. Most times, if a child is taken and/or killed, there isn't a lot of time between the taking and murdering, if that is their intent. Now if Hailey took off on Monday, of course the sooner everyone knew the better, but still not sure we would be in a different situation right now, with an extra day's awareness. I'd bet that if Billie had called LE Monday night, they would have told her to check back on Tuesday.

I'd like to see small towns who have several firestations have a siren system that would alert their residents when a child goes missing so the folks can "stop, look, and listen".

How could we as a group get that started???
Individual towns? through police station?
A new bill through Klass Kids?
I have 5 twp fire stations all around me, and 1 down town.

Continues to blow my mind that folks can just disappear without a trace at all.

I already started on the FB page for a city I grew up in. Place is a mile square, blows a siren every night at 9 to notify kids of the curfew. Has been in place since the 60's.

The ways and means are already in place. Give the idea to NG and MK. It will take national coverage to wake up mayors and commissioners that this is a well worth while venture.

Continues to blow my mind that folks can just disappear without a trace at all.

The fact is that no one does. There is always a trace. It is finding that trace that is the problem. That takes swift action and an open mind, intense scrutiny of seemingly insignificant details and a determination to find the truth.

Whatever traces were left by Hailey were probably destroyed, contaminated, or lost by the time qualified help was finally allowed to step in.

Years ago ... many moons ago I lived in a small community where there was a brick making plant that employed anywhere from 200-300 mostly males. The plant had a huge loud horn that would blow for breaks/lunches and end of day. It was also setup to blow 3 two minutes blasts if a child went missing in the community. There was never a child lost in the community that I know of. The employees were to react immediately and fan out into the community to assist in finding the child.

All of this of course worked because it was a quick warning system meaning within minutes of a child going missing the horn blasts would happen. Would not have helped one diddly squat if it were blown hours/days later after a child went missing.

Sometimes it will work and sometimes not - the key is always the length of time that has passed from last sighting to when an alert is made that a child is missing.

All moo.

The fact is that no one does. There is always a trace. It is finding that trace that is the problem. That takes swift action and an open mind, intense scrutiny of seemingly insignificant details and a determination to find the truth.

Whatever traces were left by Hailey were probably destroyed, contaminated, or lost by the time qualified help was finally allowed to step in.

In total agreement with your statements hence the situation the investigative team is in at the moment.

Two meeting locations for today's civilian searches (Abilene and C-City) - somebody has to do it - am annoyed for TES being in standby mode:

Attachments

• Old Dollar General 524 Oak St.png
    Old Dollar General 524 Oak St.png
    352.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Sams Club Abilene Tx Mtg Spot Jan 08.png
    Sams Club Abilene Tx Mtg Spot Jan 08.png
    191.6 KB · Views: 18

Our small town uses the fire sirens to alert those out of the city of impending tornadoes. Where we live, we can barely hear the civil defense siren, but we can hear sirens from the nearest fire station.

This case is scaring me, in the event that the BF is indeed guilty and probably won't be talking with investigators anymore...I doubt that he shared anything with anyone else, these crimes are usually a one-person event. I am having trouble imagining how Hailey might be found. I can't help thinking of Kyron, many believe that one person holds the key and here we are, more than 7 months later, no Kyron.

Great idea! We have one for our volunteer fire department. They could have it blow a certain way to let the community know it is for a missing child, like having three in a row or something. Well, I think it does that already to let the volunteers know if it is for a fire or a parametic situation? Not sure. I'll have to find out and see what they say.

What are oil fields like?
Deep wells?
I have no idea, but SA knows oil fields?
Does anyone know if he hunted or fished? (guns/knives)
I'm hoping someone is over at BD house so she can sleep
and not have to answer the door/phone etc.
I'm afraid of her collapsing like Haleigh's mom, Crystal.

Reminder to Hailey's family and friends:

We have an area on WS that is not for discussion and is only for support of friends and family. If you need information without discussion and speculation, check this thread:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123832"]TX TX - Hailey Darlene Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27-Dec-2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I wish there was a way to develop a community wide "Code Adam" alert, where virtually everything stops until the child is located.

Big Country news poll on whether TES should be brought in to search for Hailey. Snap of results just a minute ago. You can participate in the poll by going here:

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/

Attachments

• Big Country poll re TES.png
    Big Country poll re TES.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 34
What's so sad to me is the perp had a head start on the crime.........
Hours before mom knew and reported that Hailey was gone.
almost 24 hours! IIRC

This case is scaring me, in the event that the BF is indeed guilty and probably won't be talking with investigators anymore...I doubt that he shared anything with anyone else, these crimes are usually a one-person event. I am having trouble imagining how Hailey might be found. I can't help thinking of Kyron, many believe that one person holds the key and here we are, more than 7 months later, no Kyron.

I really thought Kyron would have been found sooner and yet, still no Kyron. That case makes me so sad. :(

And sadly I am thinking that perhaps the person who is responsible for Hailey going missing is someone very close to her and who had the opportunity that day. I could very well be wrong and I need more information to place blame on an individual. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare