TX - Hailey Dunn -- Media Links ** No Discussion **

Hailey Dunn story thickens: Nancy Grace gets it wrong
The missing 13-year-old Texas girl, Hailey Dunn, has still not been found. As time goes on, however, controversy and conflicting stories are starting to rise. HLN’s Nancy Grace adds to the issue by not checking information broadcast on her show Thursday night.
Searchers are still working the woods for the girl but have found no clues as to her whereabouts. However, in the mean time, the investigation of her disappearance thickens as new information becomes known. Recent polygraph tests are providing conflicting stories about who passed and who failed. Texas authorities have made public statements to dispel rumors started by the Nancy Grace show on Thursday.
Billie Dunn, the girl’s mother, went on air for Nancy Grace saying she and her former live-in boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, both failed polygraph tests. Hailey Dunn’s mother further stated her home was searched by officials for the first time Wednesday night. Evidently, Nancy Grace or her staff failed to cross check the woman’s statements before airing them.
Texas Department of Public Safety senior trooper, Sparky dean, told local TV station KTXS on Friday that no one has been told whether they have passed or failed a polygraph test.
More...

Search for Hailey moves north
The search for missing 13-year-old Hailey Dunn has expanded northward from Colorado City, the Department of Public Safety announced Saturday morning.
In a news release, Trooper Sparky Dean of the Abilene DPS office said, "A temporary staging area will be set up in the community of Dunn, Texas, Saturday morning. This could be one of several in the next few days as the search for Hailey continues and broadens in scope."
More...

No Evidence of foul play
Saturday evening, Senior Trooper Sparky Dean told KTAB's Tiffany Tatro investigators and searchers hadn't found any evidence to indicate foul play in the disappearance of Hailey Dunn.
While no one is ruling out foul play at this point, Dean said the case could still be a runaway.
Dean says searchers hope to complete efforts in Dunn this evening and will then work their way south towards Colorado City.
More...

Hailey Dunn update: Law Enforcement search 6 miles in town of Dunn, north of Colorado City
Now onto the latest in the search for missing 13 year old Hailey Dunn, police and law enforcement have spent the day combing a 6 mile stretch in the town of Dunn just north of Colorado City.
They say some good leads sent them to that area.
However they would not release any more information about those leads at this time saying this is an ongoing investigation.
More...

Vigil Sunday in Sweetwater for missing teen
Sunday many are expected to gather at a prayer vigil in Sweetwater, to pray for Hailey's safe return.
According to the Facebook page, "Find Hailey Dunn", the vigil will be Sunday at 5:00 p.m. at the First United Methodist Church's parking lot.
More...

Volunteers come together in Saturday search for Hailey Dunn
Hundreds of people came together in the search for the missing Colorado City girl. Many who didn't even know her.
"For everybody to come out like this really means a lot to me," said volunteer search group organizer Stephanie Boyd. "It means so much because it's now day 11 of the investigation and still no sign of Hailey Dunn."
"For it to happen to Hailey of all people, it's sad," said Boyd. Boyds says she sn't getting discouraged. She knows Hailey is out there somewhere.
More... Video included...

Hailey Dunn: Unfolding a story of a missing teenager and her family
A few streets away from where Hailey Dunn lives, Tim Beights surveyed a quiet street. As evening’s chill began to subtly spread Wednesday, he gestured, a sadness seemingly washing over his gaze.
“This neighborhood has 10 to 15 kids that play every day,” Beights said. “It’s vacant.”
Like most in this Mitchell County town, Beights said he pines for the return of the 13-year-old who vanished from the community of 4,500 on Dec. 27.
More...

Colorado City Police: Inconsistent statements making investigation of teen tough
Colorado City Police struggle with inconsistent statements, as they work to create a time line of when 13 year old Hailey Dunn went missing.
They say a new lead, from a witness who saw Hailey either Sunday December 26th, or Monday December 27th, walking on Manual Street in Colorado City with two girls could be helpful information.
They're asking those 2 unidentified girls come forward and answer questions.
More...

Investigarors: Key players changing stories in Dunn case
Investigators say one of their biggest obstacles right now in tracking down 13-year-old Hailey Dunn has been the family and friends of the missing Colorado City girl.
"The story of some of the key players continues to change even as recently as last night," said Senior Texas DPS Trooper Sparky Dean. "It's very frustrating for law enforcement."
During a news conference Sunday afternoon, Dean elaborated and pointed the finger at those closest to Hailey.
More...

Missing girl investigators find Lubbock teen
Investigators searching for a missing Colorado City girl said Saturday they were investigating a kidnapping claim from a Lubbock teenager they believe ran away from home.
Investigators in Colorado City were called Saturday morning to investigate a possible child abduction from a 15-year-old Lubbock girl who told authorities a man tried to force her into his vehicle, according to a news release from the Texas Department of Public Safety.
More...

Two girls asked to come forward in Dunn disappearance
Law enforcement in Colorado City is asking that two girls come forward who may have information about the whereabouts of missing 13-year-old Hailey Dunn.
A new witness came forward over the weekend and told authorities that he or she spotted Hailey walking with two other girls in the 200 block of Manuel Street in Colorado City.
The witness couldn't recall whether she spotted the trio on Sunday, December 26 or Monday, December 27. The witness recalls seeing the girls between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
"These girls are not suspects," said Senior DPS Trooper Sparky Dean. "These girls may not realize that they have some very valuable information."
More...

Official , trooper to discuss 'lead' in missing teen with students today
Senior Department of Public Safety Trooper Sparky Dean said he plans on accompanying Pete Kampfer, city manager and Colorado City police department spokesman, at 8 a.m. Monday to the district’s middle school to address students about the disappearance of missing teen Hailey Dunn.
Kampfer and Dean plan also to speak at the high school, he said Sunday.
The address will refer to a lead received by a witness who saw Hailey walking with two girls the afternoon of either Dec. 26 or Dec. 27. The witness who confirmed seeing Hailey, however, was unsure of who the two other girls were. They were seen walking east in the 200 block of Manuel Street in Colorado City, which is less than a quarter mile from Hailey’s home.
More...

Hailey's Mom: I want her home more than anything
Authorities Need Your Help Finding 13-year-old Hailey Dunn.
“She's my daughter. She's a 13-year-old baby and I want her back.”
Those were the words of Hailey Dunn's mother, Billie Dunn, Sunday afternoon. It's now 13 days into the investigation and still no sign of Hailey.
“I want her home more than I've ever wanted anything in my life,” said Dunn.

Police talking to students for leads in Dunn case
The two girls who authorities interviewed this afternoon say they played basketball with Hailey sometime prior to her disappearance.
More...

DPS: Confident missing teen alive and hiding
Investigators searching for information about the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn of Colorado City are conducting interviews with two girls who were seen with Dunn around the time she vanished.
The identities of the girls were discovered this morning after Senior Department of Public Safety Trooper Sparky Dean and Pete Kampfer, city manager for Colorado City, met with middle school students at 8 a.m. to discuss Dunn’s disappearance.
More...

Is missing Hailey Dunn hiding
Missing 13 year old Hailey Dunn could be in hiding. After interviewing 6th graders at a Colorado Middle School, Senior Department of Public Safety Trooper Sparky Dean said they had received the names of two girls that may have information.
More...

Hailey Dunns parents submit DNA samples
Investigators are following leads of "possible criminal intent" in the disappearance of Hailey Dunn, Senior DPS Trooper Sparky Dean said this morning.
This comes after Sunday's news conference in which Dean said investigators hadn't found evidence of foul play.
"I'm confident we'll find Hailey," Dean said on Sunday. "I don't think Hailey wants to be found. I believe she's hiding. She's probably scared at this point. We're going to find her."
More...

Hailey's mom on day 14:"I feel lost"
Hailey Dunn's mother appeared weary this evening as she spoke to KTAB's Victor Sotelo and Priscilla Luong about the day's developments in her daughter's disappearance.
"I feel lost,'" Billie Dunn said. "I just want her home."
Dunn said she, along with her mother and Hailey's father, submitted DNA samples to authorities over the weekend in order to put Hailey's DNA on file.
More...

Abilene students discussing the disappearrance of Hailey Dunn
Wherever you go around town, people are asking about the missing 13-year-old girl, and middle school students in Abilene are no different.
Abilene students have been receiving text messages with Hailey Dunn's pictures from their friends. Emma Duke, an 8th grader at Wylie Junior High says Hailey Dunn is practically all that her friends are talking about,"I was just really puzzled because I never really guessed that that could happen."

Hailey Dunn: Inconsistent statements, new witnesses - is TX teen hiding?

-- Is she hiding or was she abducted? Initially police thought 13-year-old Hailey Dunn ran away Dec. 27 - then they thought she met with foul play and was likely abducted. Now they think she's hiding.
An investigator met with a classroom of sixth graders at Hailey's school Monday. He asked them to come forward with any information they had on the days surrounding Hailey's disappearance.
More...

Grace on Law Enforcement: "At least they're trying everything"
Hailey Dunn's case took center stage again Monday evening on HLN's Nancy Grace show. Though some misinformation and rumor made its way into the broadcast, Grace did cover some key aspects of the case.
The talk show host and former prosecutor brought up two issues throughout the broadcast: why do investigators think Hailey is alive and what sort of inconsistencies have the key players in the investigation been making?
More...

Chilling game of hide and seek for Hailey Dunn?
Early Monday, Senior Department of Public Safety Trooper Sparky Dean said during a meeting with Colorado City Middle School students that he is confident Hailey Dunn is alive but in hiding.
Later in the day, Dean said there was no evidence to support that assertion.
“Law enforcement has treated the disappearance of Hailey Dunn as a criminal investigation and will continue to make every effort to follow all investigative leads,” Dean said in a news release Monday evening.
More...

Authorities pursue criminal and run-away scenarios
Law enforcement officials have told KTXS News that reports saying they're treating the investigation of missing 13-year-old Hailey Dunn as just a run-away case are inaccurate and that they're also pursuing a possible criminal case in their on-going investigation.
Law enforcement told KTXS that Hailey's case has always been approached from two different angles: one, that Hailey may be a runaway and the other that something terrible has happened and this is a criminal investigation.
More...

Mother of missing teen fails polygraph
The mother of Hailey Dunn and her live in boyfriend have both failed polygraph tests. Dunn went missing on December 27th and has not been seen since.
The mother, Billie Dunn, said she decided to take the polygraph after her boyfriend failed the test, one Shawn Adkins.
After his failure she asked him to leave her home but then continued to fail her own test after she was unable to answer several questions.
More...

New leads in the search for missing TX teen
Police are following new leads in a case involving a missing Texas teen.
It's been two weeks since anyone has seen 13-year-old Hailey Dunn.
Police are interviewing students who say they saw Dunn before she disappeared, but said many aren't sticking to the same story.
Colorado City officials are still hopeful they can find Dunn alive.
A $25,000 reward for tips that lead to Dunn is being offered.
More...

Dunn case still a criminal investigation
It has been 15 days since the disappearance of Colorado City girl Hailey Darlene Dunn.
On Dec. 28, 2010 at approximately 2 p.m., 13 year old Hailey Darlene Dunn was reported missing by her mother Billie Jean Dunn. According to this initial report, Hailey was last seen on Dec. 27, 2010 by her mother's boyfriend, Shawn Adkins.
In an effort to clarify a statement made by investigators for portraying Hailey as a child that has runaway or is hiding, there is no evidence that supports this assertion. Law enforcement has treated the disappearance of Hailey Dunn as a criminal investigation and will continue to make every effort to follow all investigative leads. In addition, local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies continue to provide assistance in this investigation.
More...

Dunn's parents under scrutiny
With the statement made over the weekend that Hailey Dunn's family is frustrating investigators, focus has fallen on Billie Dunn and Clint Dunn, Hailey's parents.
On Monday, Billie spoke out against some of the people who have been pointing the finger at her and her family regarding Hailey's disappearance.
“It’s completely ridiculous how people who don’t know me judge me or my home life or the way I parent," Dunn told KTAB's Victor Sotelo. "I feel like I’m a wonderful mom. Although I lost my daughter, I did the best I could and I will continue to do so.”
More...

Billie Dunn admits its possible Adkins could be involved in Haileys disappearance
Hailey Dunn's mother, Billie Jean Dunn, told KTXS on Tuesday that she now accepts the possibility that her former live-in boyfriend Shawn Adkins could be involved in the disappearance of her daughter.
After adamantly defending Adkins for two weeks, Billie Dunn said Tuesday for the first time that it is possible that Adkins had something to do with Hailey's disappearance.
She stressed, however, that no one knows for certain – and that she was not accusing him of anything.
Adkins is believed to be the last person to have seen the 13-year-old Hailey, a Colorado Middle School eighth-grader.
More...

Investigator: No evidence missing girl a runaway
Authorities searching the past two weeks for a missing 13-year-old girl in West Texas have no evidence that she ran away and are treating the case as a criminal investigation, an investigator said Tuesday.
Hailey Darlene Dunn, a middle school cheerleader, was reported missing Dec. 28, according to Colorado City police. No Amber Alert was issued because the case did not meet the state's criteria, which requires solid evidence that a child has been abducted and information that would help the public in finding the child or suspect, including a vehicle description.
Authorities from about a dozen agencies have searched about 30 square miles on foot and by helicopter and have talked to people in several neighborhoods in Colorado City, a 4,500-resident town about 200 miles west of Fort Worth.
More...

Search for Hailey Dunn persists, leads intensify
Authorities in Colorado City continued investigating leads Tuesday in the case of missing teen Hailey Dunn.
Tuesday marked two weeks since Hailey was reported missing by her mother, Billie Jean Dunn.
"We're continuing with the criminal investigation," Senior Department of Public Safety Trooper Sparky Dean said Tuesday. "The task force is continuing to work very hard to get to the bottom of this."
More...

Colorado City teen missing after 15 days of searching
Colorado City Teen, Hailey Dunn, is still missing after 15 days. State Trooper Sparky Dean, says that authorities are treating the case as a criminal investigation, but as of now still have no evidence of what happened to her.
More...

Documents reveal startling details about Hailey Dunn's disappearance
KTXS News has obtained documents that show startling facts into the investigation of missing 13-year-old Hailey Dunn that point to Hailey's mother Billie Jean Dunn and her former live-in boyfriend Shawn Adkins as being investigators’ primary suspects.
Through the Freedom of Information Act, KTXS has received copies of affidavits that were filed by law enforcement officials for the purpose of securing search warrants to search for and seize evidence related to Hailey’s disappearance.
The affidavits contain facts discovered by law enforcement officials and statements made by Billie Dunn, Adkins and others. In all, a total of six search warrants were granted by Mitchell County Judge Ray Mayo.
More...

Missing Hailey Dunn: Media puts pressure onf parents
The disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn is now causing the child's parents to come under greater scrutiny. CNN's Nancy Grace and local news reporters are talking about the mother's ex-boyfriend and the child's father. The mother is finally willing to accept her ex-boyfriend maybe involved.
More...

Investigators shift through sordid reading list of Billie Dunn, Adkins
Billie Dunn and Shawn Adkins apparently had an unusual, if not sordid, reading list.
During the investigation into the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn, authorities confiscated 278 pages of material printed from websites about several lurid topics, from mass murder to sex and death.
Billie Dunn described the material as a "hobby."
According to affidavits secured by KTXS through the Freedom of Information Act, authorities found the materials in a box in the bedroom shared by Billie Dunn and Adkins.
More...

Documents: Adkins threatened Hailey, Billie's lives
Shawn Adkins had threatened the life of Hailey and Billie Dunn during a domestic dispute last February, according to Documents obtained by Bigcountryhomepage.com related to the investigation into Hailey Dunn's disappearance.
The affidavits filed for the purpose of obtaining the six search warrants reveal more than "inconsistencies" with the family's statements – they reveal alarming details. The documents filed by investigators do not impute guilt or innocence.
More...

Exclusive: Read affidavits and search warrants of missing teen
More than two weeks following the disappearance of Colorado City teen Hailey Darlene Dunn, law enforcement officials continue to be tight lipped about the facts regarding the investigation.
In an effort to learn more about the Dunn family, requests were made to Mitchell County Judge Ray Mayo for search warrant affidavits on any executed warrants related to the case.
Click on the documents to the left for search warrants related to the case.
More...

Clint Dunn says he thinks Billie wouldn't hurt their daughter
Hailey Dunn’s father said Wednesday that he doesn’t believe his estranged wife Billie Dunn would have hurt their daughter.
Clint Dunn responded to questions after a KTXS News story Tuesday night that provided details of law enforcement findings in affidavits that were used to secure search warrants in the case.
The affidavits revealed a list of inconsistencies in statements from Billie Dunn and her former live-in boyfriend Shawn Adkins. The affidavits also detailed failed polygraph tests by both of them and a sordid reading list of articles about murder and other other topics.
Clint Dunn, however, said he’s known Billie Dunn for 20 years, and he said he doesn’t think she would hurt their child.
More...

New information regarding missing teen
An affidavit retrieved by KTXS News in Abilene, Texas reveals startling information concerning Hailey Dunn's mother and live-in boyfriend.
More...

Morbid affidavits point to mom and step-dad of Haily Dunn
According to Reporter News, Hailey's biological father, Clint Dunn, said he and Hailey's mother had plans for Hailey to move in with him in the future yet had no comment as to why. “I had to work hard to get to be a half a block away so I could see her from my back door,” he said. “I tried to stay as close to her as I could.”
More...

Billy Dunn answers to growing suspician
Billie Dunn answered tough questions this afternoon about drugs, horror movies, failed polygraphs and other startling information uncovered in court documents obtained today by Bigcountryhomepage.com.

Raw Video: Mother Billie Jean Dunn speaks out about affidavits
Mother Billie Jean Dunn speaks out about affidavits, disappearance of missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn.

Shawn Adkins is now a person of interest in Hailey Dunn's disappearance
The former live-in boyfriend of the mother of a missing Colorado City teen is now a person of interest in the investigation of her disappearance, but no arrests have been made. Billie Dunn, the mother of missing girl Hailey Dunn, is not a confirmed person of interest in the investigation.
More...

Affidavit break down: Haily Dunn's disappearance
New details from search warrant affidavits reveal what could be crucial information on the key people in Hailey Dunn's life, her mother and live in boyfriend.
Over 30 pages filled with some details that many will find shocking about Hailey's mother Billie Dunn and shawn adkins.
Among the list, Adkins has allegedly threatened the lives of both hailey and her mother Billie Dunn in the past.

Officials confirm Adkins as one of the "persons of interest" missing teen
According to Colorado City authorities, 'persons of interest' have been identified in the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn. Late Wednesday afternoon, no names were released.
However, just before 7 PM Wednesday the Colorado City Manager did confirm for KCBD NewsChannel 11 that Shawn Adkins is one of the persons of interest. Names of other persons of interest were not revealed.
More...

Dunn details explored on "Nancy Grace"
When asked if she could be found in Scurry County, Billie Dunn said she didn't know and that Hailey Dunn has a lot of family and friends in Scurry County. Both of Hailey's grandparents live in Snyder.
During Wednesday evening's episode of Nancy Grace, the program spotlighted the disappearance and search for 13-year-old Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn.
On the show, Billie Dunn said that, contrary to an affidavit released, there was no New Years Eve party at her house. Dunn said she did have her some family over, including Billie's uncle and aunt, their grandchild, and Billie's two brothers.
More...

Break down of Adkins inconsistencies told to investigators
Information in affidavits about where Billie's boyfriend Shawn Adkins was has everyone trying to fit the puzzle pieces together.
On the 15th day Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn was missing, shocking new information surfaced in the investigation. Law enforcement pieced together a time-line of who was where on December 27th, but for Shawn Adkins, things didn't add up.
Adkins was reported to be the last person to see Hailey in Colorado City, but phone records place him in Big Spring from 9 AM through 2:30 and by that time Hailey had already been reported missing.
More...

Boyfriend of missing girls mom said to have compared hurting a child to 'killing a deer'
After a13-year-old Texas girl disappeared last month, her mother's live-in boyfriend remarked to a relative that hurting a teenager would be "like killing a deer," according to a police affidavit filed in the investigation.
The affidavit, seeking phone records of missing Hailey Dunn's mother and the mother's boyfriend, also notes that the couple had an apparent fixation on slasher movies and serial killers -- something the mother, Billie Dunn, called a "hobby."
More...

Missing cheerleaders mom: No party at house after she disappeared
Affidavits in the case of a missing 13-year-old Texas girl indicate her mother and live-in boyfriend failed polygraph exams on her whereabouts and they had a New Year's Eve party a few days after she disappeared.
But Hailey Dunn's mother, Billie Dunn, told HLN's "Nancy Grace" on Wednesday that the party was a family gathering and that alcohol was not served.
"We were pretty upset," about Hailey, Dunn said.
More...

Adkins among "persons of interest" in Dunn disappearance
After saying there were several "persons of interest" in the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn during a Wednesday news conference, law enforcement in Colorado City has now revealed Shawn Adkins to be among them. Adkins is the boyfriend of Hailey Dunn's mother, Billie Dunn.
Affidavits in the case show Billie Dunn and Shawn Adkins failed polygraph exams concerning Hailey's disappearance, held a party after reporting her missing, purchased illegal drugs, and continue to change the stories they're giving to investigators.
Authorities have not said whether Billie Dunn is also a person of interest.

Hailey's Dad: Don't just focus on Billie and Shawn
Hailey Dunn's father continues to hold out hope and refuses to give up his search.
Clint Dunn is traveling across West Texas spreading the word about her disappearance.
He spent Wednesday in Odessa showing her picture around.
Dunn last saw her the day after Christmas.
"I think we may have played a video game that morning and she left that day," he told people. "I haven't seen her since."
More...

Two more affidavits, search warrants obtained in Hailey Dunn case
KTXS News has used the Freedom of Information Act again Thursday to obtain two more affidavits and search warrants that have been issued in relationship to the Hailey Dunn case.
These warrants were issued out Nolan County by District Judge Glen Harrison, who serves as district judge for both Mitchell and Nolan counties.
Hailey Dunn, a 13-year-old Colorado Middle School eighth-grader, has been missing since Dec. 27.
The contents of the affidavits, though, were similar to the affidavits obtained by KTXS News on Tuesday and first reported Tuesday night.
More...

Missing Texas girl Hailey Dunn 'scared' of Shawn Adkins
Hailey Dunn, the Texas girl missing for nearly three weeks, was scared of her mother's boyfriend Shawn Adkins, and said he would stand in the doorway of her bedroom at night watching her.
More...

Adkins scared Hailey, grandma says
Hailey Dunn, who has been missing for more than two weeks, was afraid of her mom's live-in boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, and wanted him to leave, Hailey's paternal grandmother told ABCnews.com.
More...

Documents: Hailey Dunn's iPod, other electronics seized
Additional search warrants obtained by Bigcountryhomepage.com show investigators seized several electronics from Hailey Dunn's home in efforts to learn more about her whereabouts.
The items were taken during a voluntary search of the home Dunn lived in with her mom, Bille Dunn, and Billie's boyfriend, Shawn Adkins. All the items were consensually handed over by Billie.
Colorado City police officer Kelsey Alexander took a memory stick found in the master bedroom, a CD-R found behind several DVDs in the master bedroom, a CD-R labeled 'Hailey Dunn' found in Hailey's bedroom, two pink MP3 players found in Hailey's bedroom, a black MP3 player found in another bedroom inside the house, and a VHS tape labeled 'White Snake' with the name 'Pete' found in Hailey's closet.
More...

Hailey Dunn case dominates conversation in Colorado City
Posters of Hailey Dunn adorn the doors and windows of shops throughout Colorado City as the search continues for the 13-year-old middle school student reported missing Dec. 28.
The case was the hot topic in town as residents in coffee shops and restaurants weighed in amid new revelations from affidavits surfaced this week and as investigators declared Shawn Adkins, the boyfriend of Hailey's mother, Billie Jean Dunn, a primary person of interest.
The tables at Dandy's Café on Third Street have been buzzing with talk about the missing teen.
More...

Volunteer searchers suspicious of Adkins
While things were fairly quiet in Colorado City Thursday afternoon, there was plenty of activity in the community of Dunn.
Authorities say they're now extremely focused on the criminal side of the case.
Scurry County law enforcement and volunteers scoured fields searching for clues in the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn. Thursday marks the 17th day since the Colorado City teen vanished.
While many searchers were willing to speak, others told KTAB's Tiffany Tatro they feared possible retaliation from Shawn Adkins. Adkins has been labeled a "person of interest" and is the boyfriend of Hailey's mother Billie Dunn.
More...Video included...

Mom reacts to affidavit about missing teen
Police in Texas have released documents in the search for 13-year-old Hailey Dunn. The young cheerleader hasn't been seen since Dec. 27.
The affidavits said Hailey's mom and her boyfriend failed a polygraph test and threw a party just days after she disappeared.
"People are going to throw me under the bus and run me through the mud," said Billie Dunn, Hailey's mother. "They're going to pick out the worst details in my life and throw it out there looking for someone to blame."

Both law enforcement and volunteers spend hours searching for Dunn Thursday
Around 5 thirty p.m. Thursday, search crews started winding down. Rangers are heading back to plan out where to search Friday, after both officials and volunteers put in hours Thursday to try and find Hailey Dunn.
KTXS Crews spent the day in Colorado City Thursday.
Since KTXS first released the startling information found in affidavits, missing teen Hailey Dunn's mother has refused to talk with us.
Billie Dunn was on "The Nancy Grace" show again Thursday night.
Meanwhile, we're told by family that Hailey's father, Clint Dunn, is still in Midland, following his own leads.
This as the search intensifies in the southern part of Scurry County.
More...

Rumors continue to swirl around Hailey Dunn case
Rumors are now swirling around Scurry County about the discovery of a bone by a search party that was out looking for 13-year-old Hailey Dunn.
More...

All signs point to boyfriend in Hailey Dunn's disappearance
After remaining tight lipped Thursday about investigation into the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn, law enforcement in Colorado City may be ready to reveal new information about the case Friday. Investigators continue to be very sensitive about any information they release fearing it could compromise their case.
More...

Mom's boyfriend prays for missing teen's return
A man named as a person of interest in the case of a missing 13-year-old girl from West Texas says he is not responsible for her disappearance.
Twenty-5-year-old Shawn Adkins tells The Associated Press exclusively he would "never ever do anything to harm Hailey" Dunn, whose mother reported her missing Dec. 28 in Colorado City.
More...

Adkins says again he would never hurt Hailey
Shawn Adkins, the last person to see Hailey Dunn before she disappeared, told a national news agency in an exclusive interview that he is not responsible for the 13-year-old's disappearance.
Adkins is quoted as saying he would "never ever do anything to harm Hailey."
More...

Videos appear to show Adkins smoking pot, posing with knives
Two internet videos uncovered by users of the "Find Hailey Dunn" and "Help Find Hailey Dunn" Facebook pages appear to show the boyfriend of Hailey Dunn's mother using illegal drugs, cursing, and posing with knives.
More...

Videos appear to show Adkins smoking pot, posing with knives
Two internet videos uncovered by users of the "Find Hailey Dunn" and "Help Find Hailey Dunn" Facebook pages appear to show the boyfriend of Hailey Dunn's mother using illegal drugs, cursing, and posing with knives.

Hailey Dunn Case: New Document shows what was seized from a vehicle
Electric tape, evidence filters and debris on a sterile sheet were among the items seized from the trunk of Billie Jean Dunn's car last Friday.
KTXS reported the seizure of that car on Jan. 7.
Inventory sheets from investigators have been returned to the Mitchell County Judge Ray Mayo. These were obtained today by KTXS through the Freedom of Information Act.
More...

Cadaver dogs searching Abilene landfill for Hailey Dunn
Search authorities are using cadaver dogs from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice to search Abilene's landfill north of town Friday in its ongoing search for missing Colorado City teenager Hailey Dunn.
A number of search personnel could be seen moving about at the landfill via the KTXS tower camera, also located on the northern edge of Abilene.
Abilene Police confirmed that members of the Criminal Investigation Division are at the landfill, assisting in the search for Hailey Dunn.
Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer confirmed to KTXS News that cadaver dogs for the TDCJ were being used.
More...

Cadaver dogs searching landfill, Shawn Adkins declared suspect in case
An unmarked Hyundai Tucson was escorted into the landfill by Abilene police north of Abilene, where a search has been under way for evidence into the disappearance of Colorado City teenager Hailey Dunn. About a dozen people in white haz-mat suits had been sifting through debris from Colorado City that had been scooped by a yellow track loader.
More...

Hailey's mom angered at boyfriends refusal to cooperate
Shawn Adkins isn't cooperating with investigators in the case of missing 13-year-old Hailey Dunn, according to Hailey's mom, Billie Dunn.
Billie Dunn had been dating Adkins for more than two years and had recently moved him into her home.
Adkins was named a suspect in the girl's disappearance this morning.
"It makes me really mad and it frustrates me," she said. "He needs to be talking and cooperating."
When asked to address Adkins directly, Dunn spoke with great emotion.
More...

Abilene therapist weighs in on shocking Adkins videos
Guns, knives, and drugs plastered all over the internet with Shawn Adkins face.
With the recent discovery of some youtube videos, tt appears the suspect is heavily involved with these types of activities.
A warning, some of the sites and sounds of the video you are about to see may be disturbing to some viewers.
Some new images of what appears to be Shawn Adkins getting high on a boat. Facebook users say they are disturbed with what they see.
More...

"Person of Interest" in Hailey disappearance speaks out against allegations
After being named a person of interest in the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn, Shawn Adkins is speaking out about the accusation.
Adkins claims he would never harm the teen.
He told the Associated Press, he prays daily for Hailey's safe return.
She's been missing from Colorado City for three weeks now.
More...

No confirmation if police found evidence or remains in Abilene landfill
Law enforcement did not confirm if they found any evidence on missing teen Hailey Dunn, after spending Friday searching through the Abilene Landfill.
KTXS was told cadaver dogs got two "hits" at the landfill, prompting the investigation.
This, as city officials release that Shawn Adkins has been upgraded to a suspect.
KTXS cameras took to the skies Friday, to get an aerial view of an intense investigation going on at The Abilene Landfill.
Abilene police confirmed members of the criminal investigation division were out searching for Hailey Dunn.
Bulldozers and more than a dozen people in white coats were sifting through the trash.
More...

Dunn disappearance suspect: Who is Shawn Adkins?
On Friday, investigators announced Shawn Adkins is a suspect in the disappearance of Colorado City 13-year-old Hailey Dunn.
At this point, you've probably seen video of Adkins' interviews following the disappearance of his girlfriend's daughter Hailey Dunn. You've also probably seen and read the news that he failed polygraph exams and is no longer being cooperative with law enforcement. On Friday morning, you probably viewed the shocking home videos that paint a difference picture of Adkins than he originally portrayed during his compassionate television interviews.
More... Video inlcuded...

Hailey's dad speaks out,suspected Adkins from the beginning
Hailey Dunn's father, Clint Dunn, is speaking out extensively for the first time this week since KTXS first released affidavits Tuesday with shocking information on his daughter's case.
Clint Dunn says he's no longer in contact with Hailey's mother, Billie Jean, since they weren't seeing eye-to-eye before the documents were released. Now, even more, he said he needed to "separate himself from that situation."
Hailey's half-sister Chloe wears a tiny shirt with her missing sister's picture on it. Clint says he's holding Chloe a little tighter than usual.
"The stress and everything," Clint said, "I'm tired."

Day 19: Searchers refuse to give up hope to find Hailey
One day after learning Shawn Adkins has been named a suspect in the disappearance of Hailey Dunn, volunteers say they refuse to give up their search to bring the 13-year-old back to Colorado City alive.
On Friday, images of investigators sifting through trash at an Abilene landfill in connection with the investigation painted a grim picture. Law enforcement tells bigcountryhomepage.com cadaver dogs got two "hits" at Allied Waste Services. Though law enforcement wouldn't discuss what the "hits" were, it doesn't appear any remains were uncovered. Authorities now say the search at that specific landfill has ended.
More...

Abilene landfill closed: No search activity Saturday
The search for clues in the disappearance of Colorado City 13-year-old Hailey Dunn at the Allied Waste landfill in Abilene did not continue on Saturday, according to the Abilene Police Department.
Officials did not specify why the search was halted on Saturday, or if the search at the landfill would resume.
The gates at the entrance to the landfill are locked and a sign reads "Closed," one day after more than a dozen law enforcement personnel, including cadaver dogs trained to search for decomposing bodies, searched for any remains or evidence related to the case.
More...

More national news agencies following Hailey Dunn case
Now that the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn from Colorado City doesn't appear to be a runaway case, national news agencies are beginning to more closely watch the story.
More...

Texas town holds onto hope for Teens safe return
There are signs of anguish all across this West Texas town: Orange ribbons are tied around trees, stops signs and car antennas. Posters and fliers with photos of missing 13-year-old Hailey Darlene Dunn are plastered on storefront doors and public offices.
In front of her school, a sign reads: "Have hope."
More...

Kampfer: Search at landfill completed, unsuccessful
The latest search for missing 13-year-old Hailey Dunn has come up short.
Authorities searched an Abilene landfill with cadaver dogs Friday, but did not find her. Colorado City city manager Pete Kampfer said Saturday that the search had been completed and was unsuccessful.
More...

Hailey Dunn's father continues his mission
Holding fast to the hope that he'll find his "beautiful girl" alive, somewhere, Clint Dunn spent the past week chasing leads from Snyder to Odessa and doing everything he can think of to find his missing daughter, Hailey Dunn.
Like the words printed on a shirt he often wears, the father of missing 13-year-old Colorado Middle School student is "on a mission."
More...

Entering 4th week with no result on finding missing teen
It has been 21 days since Colorado City teenager Hailey Dunn was reported missing, and as the days go by, the hope of family, friends and residents of the community for her safe return is fading.
More...

TV personality Nancy Grace to focus on missing persons
HLN's Nancy Grace on Monday will launch two months' worth of special programs on missing persons, hoping primetime attention can loosen fresh clues in some cases that are as much as 20 or 30 years old.
"Nancy Grace: America's Missing" will air 50 separate cases on 50 weekdays at 8 p.m., following Grace's regular nightly program.
More...

Frustration grows in Hailey Dunn case
Heather Maddox has spent the past two weeks searching miles around Colorado City for any evidence of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn. Maddox described the experience as an "emotional roller coaster."
Seeing the bridge at the entrance to the town of Dunn covered in stuffed animals, Heather said, who she's searching for became real.
A steady stream of people stopped by the bridge to send a message to a girl few have actually met.
More...

Search for missing teen comes up empty
The latest search for a missing 13-year-old West Texas middle school cheerleader came up empty, authorities said.
Authorities searched an Abilene landfill with cadaver dogs on Friday, but did not find the girl.
More...

Raw interviews with Adkins after Hailey Disappeared
Shawn Adkins, who has been named a suspect in the disappearance of His girlfriend's daughter, Hailey Dunn, isn't saying much lately to the media or to investigators.
But KTAB's Priscilla Luong interviewed him together with Hailey's mom, Billie Dunn, on Jan. 3 and Jan. 4, after the 13-year-old had been missing for seven or eight days.
More...

No sign of Hailey Dunn, residents turn to power of prayer
20 days into the disappearance of 13-year old Colorado City girl, Hailey Dunn, her community is determined to keep a positive attitude.
In the weeks KTXS has been covering the Hailey Dunn case, one thing has remained the same for the folks in Colorado City: hope.
Sunday, at Christian Temple Church in Colorado City, the church Hailey at times attended, people say putting their faith in God has kept them going through all this.
More...

Hailey Dunn's siblings
As we enter the third week of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn’s disappearance, frustration grows with city officials, the community and her family as they try to find her.
Billie and Clint Dunn have two children, Hailey and 16-year-old David, but before her disappearance Hailey also helped welcome a new addition, the birth of her half sister Chloe.
More...

01/17/2011

Hailey's best friend: I don't know what to do without her
Hailey's best friend is devastated by her disappearance.
"I don't know what to do without my best friend," said Heather Ruth, missing 13-year-old Hailey Dunn's best friend. "I just want her back home."
Heather said since third grade the girls have been inseparable. They have three classes together at school and are on the cheer squad together. Heather said it's been horrible with her gone.
"I'm just confused and scared and lonely and need my best friend," she said.

Dunn investigation still zeroing in on Adkins
Colorado City's City Manager Pete Kampfer tells bigcountryhomepage.com Monday that Shawn Adkins continues to be the major focus of their investigation into the disappearance of Hailey Dunn.
Adkins is the boyfriend of the missing 13-year-old's mother. Investigators believe Adkins was the last person to see Hailey on Monday, December 27 at their home on Chestnut Street in Colorado City. Adkins is the only person to be named as a suspect in her disappearance.
More...

After three weeks, search for Hailey continues
About three weeks have passed since Colorado City teenager Hailey Dunn has been missing.
Even as time passes, the search remains strong. Law enforcement officials and even groups of volunteers continue searches daily locally in Colorado City, the small town of Dunn, and in various nearby counties.
More...

Sheriff's posse joins search
When John Curtis left Abilene Sunday morning for Dunn, he was hoping his search would come up empty.
Curtis, the president of the Taylor County Sheriff's Posse and 35 other members of the group, spent most of the day on Sunday searching parts of Scurry County, south of Dunn, for clues in the disappearance of Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn.
"I prayed this morning that if we didn't find her, that means that she's still alive. That's what we're all hoping for," Curtis said.
More...

Hailey's story continues on Nancy Grace
Monday night's Nancy Grace show on HLN will feature our raw interviews with Shawn Adkins, a suspect in the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn.
According to a sensationally-worded episode promotion on Facebook, the show will center on last Friday's search of Abilene's landfill, which turned up empty.
More...

'False alarm' reported in case of missing teen
A possible sighting of missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn was a false alarm, officials with the task force said this morning.
Investigators received a tip that Hailey was spotted in a pickup on Highway 208 near Dunn,, which is 10 miles north of Colorado City.
“They checked out a possible sighting, but there was no substance to it,” said Pete Kampfer, city manager in Colorado City who is acting a spokesman for law enforcement in the case.
More...

Advocate group KlaasKids heads to Texas for Hailey search
Representatives from one of the most recognized advocate groups for missing children are on their way to Colorado City to assist in the search for missing 13-year-old Hailey Dunn.
Brad Dennis, the Director of Search Operations for KlaasKIDS Foundation’s National Search Center for Missing Children, says he'll meet with Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn, to help determine how his group can be help find Hailey.
More...

Hailey's Mom: I can believe she's out there
Billie Dunn is holding on to hope that her daughter will be found safely.
"I can believe that she's out there," she said. "I can just continue to hold on to that."
The fact that no evidence of a crime have been uncovered helps the missing 13-year-old's mother cope with her disappearance.
"That's the only thing I can hold on to – that i can get her back safe."

Investigation into Hailey Dunn's disappearance not losing momentum
Monday, Colorado City Manager, Pete Kampfer said the case of missing 13 year-old Colorado City teen, Hailey Dunn has not slowed.
More...

Volunteer collecting donations for Dunn Family
An Abilene woman who has been helping in the search for Hailey Dunn is now helping the family in a different way.
Romer is requesting non-perishable food, toiletries, size 3 diapers, and any other donations that can help ease the burden on the distraught Dunns.
More...

Why suspect Shawn Adkins hasn't been arrested
Shawn Adkins, the only named suspect in the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn is not in police custody yet.
"(An arrest) will depend upon when the investigators and prosecutors look at that and say they've got an overwhelming case to put somebody in jail and keep them there," said Pete Kampfer, Colorado City police spokesman.

Hailey's Angels: "We won't give up"
Monday marked the start of the fourth week of the search for Hailey Dunn.
Volunteers are staying hopeful and continue to look for the missing 13-year-old near Colorado City.
One of those volunteer groups is called Hailey's Angels.
More...

Colorado City teens pay tribute to missing teen
Word of missing teen Hailey Dunn is hitting home with those of all ages.
A group of Colorado City teens are doing their part to pay tribute to her.
They simply call it "Hailey's Bridge."
More...

Suspect in Dunn case posts messages on Myspace
Billie Dunn's boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, is the only person named a suspect in Hailey's disappearance.
Adkins said at the beginning of the investigation he is innocent but we haven't heard much from him since.
He is talking about the disappearance on "Myspace". A few days ago he wrote an update that seems to be a message for Billie.

Bad tip doesn't slow the search for missing teen
What turned out to be a false alarm Monday didn't slow the search for Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn, as investigators and volunteers continued to look for clues into the 13-year-old's disappearance.
"This is predominantly a criminal investigation," said Pete Kampfer, city manager in Colorado City and the liaison between law enforcement and the news media, who added that investigators "have been following up and working on leads."
Hailey was reported missing by her mother, Billie Jean Dunn, on Dec. 28. Last week, Shawn Adkins, the former boyfriend of Billie Jean Dunn, was named a suspect in the case.
More...

All Nancy Grace Transcripts are on page 1

Authorities step up search for missing teen
Authorities are stepping up efforts to find a missing 13-year-old Texas cheerleader after the latest search of a landfill produced no evidence in the disappearance.
More...

Advocate group KlassKids arrives in Colorado City
Brad Dennis, the Director of Search Operations for KlaasKids Foundation’s National Search Center for Missing Children, tells bigcountryhomepage.com he has arrived in Colorado City.
Dennis says he'll be meeting with law enforcement throughout the day as well as Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn.
Dennis says he hopes to formulate a plan for how his group can assist in the search by the end of the day.
More...

Colorado City will add two officers to search for missing girl
Colorado City will add two police officers to their force to help search for missing teen Hailey Dunn.
KTXS News has talked with Pete Kampfer, the city manager of Colorado City, and he says ads will go out today to advertise hiring two new officers.
More...

Attorney says Adkins smart for getting "lawyered up"
Noted Abilene defense attorney John Young tells KTAB News that Shawn Adkins did the right thing by hiring a lawyer now that he's been named a suspect in the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn.
In fact, Adkins began to mention an attorney just days after reportedly failing a polygraph exam on Wednesday, January 5.
Young has defended numerous high-profile suspects in some of Abilene's biggest cases.
"This biggest question is not why he hired a lawyer," said Young. "The biggest question is why he didn't hired a lawyer more quickly."

Update: Search of landfills turned up 'possible' evidence in Hailey's disappearance
A spokesman for the investigation into a missing 13-year-old West Texas girl says dogs searching one of three landfills turned up "possible" evidence in the case – even as hope remains for her safe return.
Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer declined to elaborate Tuesday on what was found or why the landfill in Abilene was searched in the disappearance of Hailey Dunn.
Kampfer confirmed to KTXS News Tuesday afternoon that the word "possible" must be included in the statement about evidence found.
More...

Two private groups organize searches for Wed.
Representatives from two private missing children's organizations have arrived in Colorado City to help in the search for 13-year-old Hailey Dunn – KlaasKids and the Laura Recovery Center.
An organized search party will head out Wednesday, meeting at the Colorado City Civic Center in the morning. Volunteers must be 18 years or older, in good health, and dressed properly for the weather and terrain.

KlaasKids sets up operations in Colorado City
Officials from the KlaasKids Search Center began setting up local operations at the Colorado City Civic Center this afternoon to assist in the hunt for 13-year-old Hailey Dunn, who has been missing for more than three weeks.
Brad Dennis, director of the search center for the KlaasKids Foundation, arrived Monday night. Today, he has been meeting with law enforcement officials and Dunn’s family to coordinate the search efforts.
“We are going to manage the search,” Dennis said of volunteer efforts to find the teen. “Then we will be training local people to do what we do.”
More...

Update: Possible text from Hailey being 'held close'
Colorado City's City Manager Pete Kampfer now confirms there is a text message that is being looked into by authorities. He would not reveal additional information.
Tuesday, 9 a.m.
Investigators are not saying either way whether there was a text message sent from Hailey Dunn on Dec. 27, the day she disappeared.
Hailey's mom, Billie Dunn, told a Nancy Grace show producer that investigators informed her Hailey may have sent a text message to a friend at 2 p.m. on the 27th that allegedly said, "what are you doing?"
More...

Young boy spotted with Dunn on day of disappearance
A woman who lives around the corner from Hailey Dunn said she saw her with an unfamiliar boy on December 27th, the last day anyone saw her.
Jean Burroughs watched Hailey and her brother grow up.
"David and her were always together, and they always played with my grandkids," she said.
She said she saw Hailey walk past her beauty salon on 19th Street in Colorado City countless times. However, on December 27th, she claims she saw Hailey walking with a six or seven-year-old boy she didn't recognize.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare
Back