TX - Hanna Mack, 6, raped & murdered, Navarro Mills, 10 Sept 2007

Sherri79, it is all so complicated! I have a 7 year old daughter, and 18 year old daughter, and have been married for almost 28 years.....to the same man. Go figure - I have the patience of Job. Anyway, my 7 year old has a "best friend" who is 8 years old. The best friend's Mother also has a child under 1 year old by a totally different father, who is no longer in the picuture. We have only known this "best friend" for six months. The mother is a very young, sweet young girl. During the six months that I have known her, however, my daughter has met the biological father, and at least two boyfriends. I am very uncomfortable with my daughter going for a sleep-over at her friend's house. In fact, I am uncomfortable with her going over there. The other little girl has spent numerous entire weekends at my house, but it gets awkward because they want to spend time at the other girl's house. With the instability, and so many men in the picture that I have not had time to fingerprint and do background checks on, there is no way in heck that my daughter is going to spend the night. No way.

I wonder who was babysitting Hannah and her sisters? Maybe they were left in the care of a boyfriend.....AGAIN. Seems like that happens all of the time when women live their kids with boyfriends. I really don't want to know what that person did to this darling little girl but I want to know who did it.

Very well said Bobbie. For me personally, I need to know what happened to Hannah. She deserves someone to know. I need to HATE this person for all of my life because Hannah is now in a place that she doesn't have to hate anymore.....and someone needs to hate this person. It is sort of like the reason I hate John Couey so much. I have shared with my Sunday School class that I can't forgive him. But I don't think I HAVE to forgive him. For one thing, he didn't commit the crime against ME. For another thing, he hasn't asked for forgiveness, so NO ONE owes it to him. Forgiveness has to be earned by repentence and request. IMO.

Very well said Bobbie. For me personally, I need to know what happened to Hannah. She deserves someone to know. I need to HATE this person for all of my life because Hannah is now in a place that she doesn't have to hate anymore.....and someone needs to hate this person. It is sort of like the reason I hate John Couey so much. I have shared with my Sunday School class that I can't forgive him. But I don't think I HAVE to forgive him. For one thing, he didn't commit the crime against ME. For another thing, he hasn't asked for forgiveness, so NO ONE owes it to him. Forgiveness has to be earned by repentence and request. IMO.

I don't know the religious people's thinking of forgiveness except that so many victims seem to believe that they are expected to give it. In my opinion this could be mentally harmful to the victims and their families becaues it is something that is expected of them, if they fail at forgiving, then that makes it look like something isn't right with them and God instead of the murderer. I see no reason to forgive the likes of Couey. Just turn him over to the law to handle, his father the devil for the destruction of the body, and let God handle final judgement which is what he does because he is God. We dont' have to live and simmer in hatred and revenge, but also don't have to get all sappy and poemy with all this forgiveness like some church lady down the street gossiped and is now sorry and want to make amends after being caught.

I don't know the religious people's thinking of forgiveness except that so many victims seem to believe that they are expected to give it. In my opinion this could be mentally harmful to the victims and their families becaues it is something that is expected of them, if they fail at forgiving, then that makes it look like something isn't right with them and God instead of the murderer. I see no reason to forgive the likes of Couey. Just turn him over to the law to handle, his father the devil for the destruction of the body, and let God handle final judgement which is what he does because he is God. We dont' have to live and simmer in hatred and revenge, but also don't have to get all sappy and poemy with all this forgiveness like some church lady down the street gossiped and is now sorry and want to make amends after being caught.

Forgiveness is personal (and should be private.) It has nothing to do with the other person and accepting their behavior as "okay." It's not okay. Forgiveness is something you do for yourself, to let go of the hate that can consume you and to move on past this happening in your life and to get on with your life experiencing happiness and joy again. It's not to make the bad person feel better. As a matter of fact, when I forgave my ex husband for his abuse, I never even told him that I did. It's not his business, it's all mine. I could wallow in my hate for him for a list of reasons as long as my arm until the day I forgave him. Now I just sweep him into the past and focus on the good in my life. It's MY life - to forgive him pretty much just took his influence and control of me away and let me control my own life.

That's how I view it, anyway, and it works for me! :)

"With the instability, and so many men in the picture that I have not had time to fingerprint and do background checks on, there is no way in heck that my daughter is going to spend the night. No way.[/QUOTE]
If I had it all to do over I would allow no sleep overs either my house or theirs (way sad for short while for the kids) but the best in your childs intrest. You do not know what your child is being introduced to no matter how well you think you know the parents. I was and I still am horrified not an exageration,with the things my girls learned at friends homes and what other parents will tell you then turn around and do the complete opposite. I have friends that did not allow sleep overs and their children survived and had happy healthy lives.

I think they know who did it... the mother was known to have 'men friends' of questionable character...

How sad, this poor beautiful little girl, I hope whoever did it burns in H_ll forever. If the mother left her with a monster she should be held accountable too.

Rumor has it that they are looking towards a 13 yr old 'person of interest'... how sick is that?

Thirteen? :eek: Good Lord. This world gets darker and darker. This is exactly, the reason they need to put those lilttle SOB's who threw that puppy out of a second floor window until it's legs were all broken before hanging it and beating like a pinata into a boiling pit of tar. Wish I could help do it too. :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: What is wrong with these people? WHY, WHY, WHY????????

Family Wants Justice For Navarro County Child
Death Triggers Feelings Of Guilt For Mother

A law enforcement source tells CBS 11 News that Hanna was sexually assaulted before she was left hanging inside the garage.

Hanna's family told CBS 11 they want justice for the child's murder.

They also say police told them Dana's boyfriend is one of several persons of interest in the case.

http://cbs11tv.com/topstories/local_story_253191522.html

Video at link.

Thank you for the updates sewingdeb. This is just horrible, how in the world could someone hurt her and leave her hanging in the garage?

Family Wants Justice For Navarro County Child
Death Triggers Feelings Of Guilt For Mother

A law enforcement source tells CBS 11 News that Hanna was sexually assaulted before she was left hanging inside the garage.

Hanna's family told CBS 11 they want justice for the child's murder.

They also say police told them Dana's boyfriend is one of several persons of interest in the case.

http://cbs11tv.com/topstories/local_story_253191522.html

Video at link.
when you think of how that baby suffered how can it not break your heart.

Anyone here from that area?

I'd like to know the name of Dana's boyfriend and anyone else with access to that home so we can see if they have anything hinky going on online.

Also, unless the perp really is just a kid, whoever did this probably has had other victims in his past. Heck, if he has access to the home such as a boyfriend could, Hanna's sisters may have been victims too!

Susan

Anyone here from that area?

I'd like to know the name of Dana's boyfriend and anyone else with access to that home so we can see if they have anything hinky going on online.

Also, unless the perp really is just a kid, whoever did this probably has had other victims in his past. Heck, if he has access to the home such as a boyfriend could, Hanna's sisters may have been victims too!

Susan
wouldnt it be difficult for a 13 year old to hang her? and i agree with you about past victims. somehow i doubt the first time someone hurts a child they rape her and string her up. i would think it is a crime they work up the nerve to commit.

wouldnt it be difficult for a 13 year old to hang her? and i agree with you about past victims. somehow i doubt the first time someone hurts a child they rape her and string her up. i would think it is a crime they work up the nerve to commit.

I agree, sounds like he may have had prior victims who reported the abuse so he decided he had to kill this one to keep her quiet. I'll bet when a guy ends up serving time for child rape he learns while he is in the clink not to leave witnesses. That's why giving these perverts prison time and then letting them out doesn't make us any safer...just makes them better at getting away with their evil crimes.

Susan

Thank you for the updates sewingdeb. This is just horrible, how in the world could someone hurt her and leave her hanging in the garage?

You're welcome.

I just keep thinking how that little girl must have felt. Whoever did this has to have no conscience at all!

Some 13 year olds are big kids. My 13 year old son is taller than I am. Somehow I think it was an adult who did this. Just a feeling.

I hope the other two daughters are checked out and questioned.

Well if the person is an adult, this is a capital offense. I have no doubt that Texas courts would be seeking the death penalty for this one. Its sickening and my heart is broken for this family.

Rumor has it that they are looking towards a 13 yr old 'person of interest'... how sick is that?

Gabby,

I am wondering if you know the source of the rumor about the 13 yr old. It sounds to me like that is the kind of rumor the real perp might spread if he were looking to deflect suspicion away from himself.

I am also thinking that the article which was incorrectly headlined "Six yr old girl commits suicide" might have been based upon something someone close to the child might have initially assumed. LE has apparently declined to release the transcript of the 911 call, which I am thinking would have been made by one of the adults in the home...mom or boyfriend. Maybe the boyfriend suggested to the mom that the child had hanged herself.

I'm thinking the boyfriend did it and was stupid enough to think he could make it look like suicide. :loser:

Susan

Some 13 year olds are big kids. My 13 year old son is taller than I am. Somehow I think it was an adult who did this. Just a feeling.

I hope the other two daughters are checked out and questioned.
i went to a middle school football game monday. shortest guy on the other team was taller than me. i'm only 5ft 1inch but still i get what you meant about size. i was thinking more of the logistics. as a mother i'm sure you have had the fun of giving a child medicine they dont want or holding them still for a shot. when my son was 2 it was almost impossible to give him bitter medicine. a 13 year old boy that can keep her quite while he rapes her and keep her from escaping and lift the weight of a fighting child is not impossible but would be very difficult imo. a adult on the other hand would have a much easier time. not only due to size and strength but kids dont fight back with adults like the do other kids. klass, lunsford, van dam, we see over and over how kids will follow adults and not fight back.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare
Back