GUILTY TX - Haruka Weiser, 18, found murdered, UT-Austin campus, 3 April 2016 *Arrest*

Purely my speculation, but they probably have publicly unreleased video showing him go down to the creek or other such activity that firmly places him there. I don't know if the original intent was murder, but it sounds like this suspect acted in all the same ways as the serial rapist except this was more violent and in a different part of Austin. I think whoever did this it was not their first rodeo with ambush assault but it may have been their first murder. I think whoever did this had to have either knocked her out cold immediately or came from her from behind with a weapon, which coming from behind with a knife is what the serial rapist's MO has been and maybe she ended up seeing him so he killed her for that.

I agree completely, Spanish. And this area is very close to the biggest on campus dorm, someone would have heard something otherwise.

I just noticed in the video that at the start it seems like he has a backpack but when the video splices and it shows him again, it now looks like he has an additional bag and is trying to hang it on the handlebars while he pushes the bike, but he still appears to have his backpack on. Am I the only one who caught this??

Noticed it, too. I'm sure others have as well. It's odd that he's never shown actually riding the bike. Seems like he's struggling with it a little as he pushes it along the sidewalk. Not sure if it's because there's an issue with the bike or it's just awkward for him because of the bag in his hand.

I have gotten the feeling that this guy was targeting her specifically. That he knew she was in the Winship Building and was just waiting for her to leave. So, why her?

A search is now on for a man seen by campus security cameras pushing a small red or pink bike up the hill near UT’s football stadium Sunday before 10pm. Gay said that the man was seen intermittently on that security camera for a couple hours before Weiser left the drama building, then disappeared from any surveillance. He showed up a second time – on another nearby camera just northwest to the stadium – after 11pm. Gay showed footage from the cameras during the press conference, and asked anybody who’d seen the man to call APD Crime Stoppers, 512/472-8477.

- http://www.austinchronicle.com/daily/news/2016-04-07/body-in-waller-creek-identified/

Noticed it, too. I'm sure others have as well. It's odd that he's never shown actually riding the bike. Seems like he's struggling with it a little as he pushes it along the sidewalk. Not sure if it's because there's an issue with the bike or it's just awkward for him because of the bag in his hand.

In the second video, where he is walking along a stretch of sidewalk, it looks like the bottom of his pants are wet? I don't notice the dark bottoms on the first video, where he walks in a circle with the bike.

It also looks like he's limping a little in the second video, but maybe his gait is awkward just because he's pushing the bike and fumbling around with the bag(s).

He certainly doesn't appear to be in any hurry to leave the area or afraid of being seen.

:(

Photo from tonight's memorial.

[video=twitter;718207648999452672]https://twitter.com/bdavisaas/status/718207648999452672[/video]

Police release video of suspect.

[video=twitter;718147111750144000]https://twitter.com/fox7austin/status/718147111750144000[/video]
In the very first couple of seconds in this video played by the police, you can see the image is in color, and suggests the bike is hot pink or red.

a caller on the radio down here said this place is just basically a sidewalk and a creek and its pretty remote. He said he use to walk it every morning and could count the smount of people he saw in s month on his hand. They were also speculating that the attacker probably knew this particular girl would take this particular route because he would be waiting for a long time if he was just waiting for someone randomly. This was just somebody calling in to a radio show, mind you.

I'm assuming the name Haruka, which can have five meanings depending
on the characters used to express it, here means 春花 -- spring; flower.

Google 'Waller Creek crime' and you may get a better idea of what this creek is. It has been notorious for being unsafe in places along it.

The serial rapist is also a robber:
http://freedomaustin.com/travis/rapist-in-north-austin-still-at-large/
Also the video was taken at around 11 PM, after the event, just I'm trying to figure out where precisely the video was shot to see the relationship between the drama building, her dorm and the footage.

I have gotten the feeling that this guy was targeting her specifically. That he knew she was in the Winship Building and was just waiting for her to leave. So, why her?

A search is now on for a man seen by campus security cameras pushing a small red or pink bike up the hill near UT’s football stadium Sunday before 10pm. Gay said that the man was seen intermittently on that security camera for a couple hours before Weiser left the drama building, then disappeared from any surveillance. He showed up a second time – on another nearby camera just northwest to the stadium – after 11pm. Gay showed footage from the cameras during the press conference, and asked anybody who’d seen the man to call APD Crime Stoppers, 512/472-8477.

- http://www.austinchronicle.com/daily/news/2016-04-07/body-in-waller-creek-identified/

This article states that he was caught on video pushing a bike up a hill near the stadium before 10pm. Do any locals know where this hill would be?

a caller on the radio down here said this place is just basically a sidewalk and a creek and its pretty remote. He said he use to walk it every morning and could count the smount of people he saw in s month on his hand. They were also speculating that the attacker probably knew this particular girl would take this particular route because he would be waiting for a long time if he was just waiting for someone randomly. This was just somebody calling in to a radio show, mind you.

And then I have seen on several comments via news articles that this is a well traveled area even at 10pm at night as there is a rec center right near by?

I just heard that call. On Jeff Ward. Interesting.

This article states that he was caught on video pushing a bike up a hill near the stadium before 10pm. Do any locals know where this hill would be?

Campus is pretty hilly. I think they must have other video that they've not shared, that makes it clear his connection to the crime and that he's a Black man. You get no indication - whatsoever - that he's involved in the crime watching the released video, and it's also impossible to tell his skin color. My guess is they have video of him that's much more incriminating.

If you look very closely at the video, it appears he has an enormous pack, he removes it from his shoulder and loops it over the right handlebar. It's so large he can't really walk close to the bike. I'm really concerned what's in that bag. It's hard to see.

It's REALLY weird. At one point you can clearly see it, then there's a blip and a clip in the video, and the pack is gone. It's not his backpack, it's a duffel large enough to carry a small adult.

It's interesting, in the video, at the 18 second mark when he's walking the bike around in a circle it looks like he has something around his neck. Looks like a bandana to me. Something to hide his face during the attack?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back