TX TX - Houston, BlkFem 25-35, 552UFTX, tattoos - Pierced Heart & poss IVY, IVV or IW//, Jun'05

She said she would get with TXdps about that issue. Also got this email about the list:

Here are my favorites from the list of links that you sent.

1. Benita Spears #3841 (she has an abdominal scar and her right front tooth is chipped in the same place). She looks a bit like ML05-1825. Although she has been missing for a long time, she had a reason to go incognita and maybe she fell into bad circumstances.

2. Stacey Chatman #12269 – she was from MO, not too far of a trek. The shape of her head and facial features are similar to ML05-1825. The circumstances of her disappearance are unclear like she might have just left because she wanted to.

Charley Project page for Benita Spears give more details on her dissapearance.

Her abusive husband was in jail for abducting her at gunpoint, and he was released on the day she dissapeared. He was later seen driving her car and was the prime suspect in her dissapearance. Foul play suspected. Benita left two sons behind.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/spears_benita.html

And there's this memorial page run by her family: http://www.forevermissed.com/benita-moore-spears/#about

Hopefully they can find a family member to give DNA.

Maybe we should give this woman a nickname. It seems somehow so impersonal to carry on calling her ML05-1825. What do you guys think?

My heart goes out to Benita and her family.

It would take a lot to escape that situation and live for almost 20 more years in a different state. The chipped tooth makes this potential match really compelling though.

Really nice suggestions so far. :) I looked on a name meanings website and found a few ones that might be suitable.

Talia - Heaven's dew
Irene - Peace
Serena or Freda - Peaceful, serene
Jemima - Dove, symbol of peace
Nadia - Hope
Tabitha - Beauty and grace
Belle - Beautiful

Also, two of the meanings of Ivy are friendship and affection, which is nice. :)

Maybe we should give this woman a nickname. It seems somehow so impersonal to carry on calling her ML05-1825. What do you guys think?

I love this idea. Smurfette really stuck with Dr.D sometimes she call her smurf girl :)

Also, two of the meanings of Ivy are friendship and affection, which is nice. :)

Awww, that is really nice!

btw, Shadowdancer - I'd like to blame you for getting a certain BeeGees song stuck in my head practically every day! :dance:

Awww, that is really nice!

btw, Shadowdancer - I'd like to blame you for getting a certain BeeGees song stuck in my head practically every day! :dance:

How are we going to choose one! A vote?

Nothing wrong with a bit of Bee Gees! ;) In fact I was singing loudly along to Night Fever in the car today, much to the utter horror of two of my sons who practically laid down in the back of the car, in case we went past anyone they know. :biggrin:

My heart goes out to Benita and her family.

It would take a lot to escape that situation and live for almost 20 more years in a different state. The chipped tooth makes this potential match really compelling though.

Yes, it was heart wrenching reading the families memorial page. For me, the situation with her husband makes it less likely that this is Benita. I know she could have run away but it's an awful long time to go without ever contacting her family. She had two little boys. If I had have seen the back story, I possibly wouldn't have submitted her. I got the impression from the memorial page, that her family accepts that she passed away. It almost makes me worry that they might stumble across this thread, especially if it's not Benita.

Ivy Doe is a good name.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge
Back