TX TX - Houston, Wht/HispFem 16-35, 32UFTX, w/dead man in closed business, scars, "V" tatt, Aug'85

The Jane Doe looks more Native American than Hispanic. Or possibly something like Peruvian or Bolivian with a strong Inca ancestry, or Guatemalan with a strong Mayan ancestry.

But the turquoise arrowhead pendant on her necklace would also seem to suggest Native American (perhaps Navajo or Hopi).

The Jane Doe looks more Native American than Hispanic. Or possibly something like Peruvian or Bolivian with a strong Inca ancestry, or Guatemalan with a strong Mayan ancestry.

But the arrowhead pendant on her necklace would also seem to suggest Native American.

Guatemalan is a very strong possibility, but I wouldn't rule out the others. You've done a magnificent job with this reconstruction. She doesn't even look dead except right around the lips. Very fierce young woman.

Usually when people are found dead in a closed store, it's the owner or shift manager and one or more employees or customers. We've had a couple incidents like that around here -- people gunned down for the contents of the cash drawer, or in one case for a couple of cases of beer. But you'd think if that was the case here, they'd have mentioned it.

Here's my facial reconstruction for this Jane Doe:

6512bd5e-bafc-41cc-802d-e5636e5ea406.jpg

Carl90245 do you mind if I e-mail Harris County Forensic Center your reconstruction. Dr. Derrick may be able to get it put on NamUs!!. Also there are several Native American websleuth members that need get it out to their population.

BTW, this possibility has her eyes...

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Sure, go ahead and show it to Dr. Derrick. I did a little more work on the lips in response to carbuff's comment and re-posted it this morning, so the versions above reflect the most recent revision. If she would put it on the NamUs casefile, that would be great.

I'm not seeing Tara Cossey as a possible here. The circumstances don't seem plausible.

Here's my facial reconstruction for this Jane Doe:

6512bd5e-bafc-41cc-802d-e5636e5ea406.jpg

Thanks. She appears to have been a rather attractive young woman.

I think she definitely looks Native American. Perhaps she could have even been a mix of Native American and Hispanic.

I did notice she has a gap between her 2 front teeth which is a genetic Mayan trait. Do we know her blood type?

Sure, go ahead and show it to Dr. Derrick. I did a little more work on the lips in response to carbuff's comment and re-posted it this morning, so the versions above reflect the most recent revision. If she would put it on the NamUs casefile, that would be great.

I'm not seeing Tara Cossey as a possible here. The circumstances don't seem plausible.

She looks much better now. What a beautiful young lady. She also looks her age in this recon -- before, I thought she looked like she was in her 20's.

I mailed the picture to a friend of mine who's from Guatemala. She's sending it back to her family to see if anybody knows her. Hopefully something will come of that.

Tara Cossey and our UID side by side. Here's more about the circumstances: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cossey_tara.html

Websleuths thread: CA CA - Tara Lossett Cossey, 12, San Pablo, 6 June 1979 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Namus: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/5977/0/

It's unlikely she would wind up in Texas six years after being kidnapped in California, but she'd be the right age to be this victim and there's certainly quite a resemblance. But it looks to me like the teeth don't match -- Tara doesn't seem to have any gap in her front teeth, and while that's likely a much younger picture of her, the front teeth are the first adult teeth to come in.

Attachments

• tara cossey CA 19792.jpg
    tara cossey CA 19792.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 27
  • tara cossey CA 1979.jpg
    tara cossey CA 1979.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 32UFTX 1985.jpg
    32UFTX 1985.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 36
Why don't they put blood types in UIDs files? That could be such an easy way to rule someone out. My other pet peeve, although not relevant in this case, is that they don't indicate if John Does are circumcised. There are several cases where this information could really narrow things down.

Why don't they put blood types in UIDs files? That could be such an easy way to rule someone out. My other pet peeve, although not relevant in this case, is that they don't indicate if John Does are circumcised. There are several cases where this information could really narrow things down.

If my memory serves me correct, they use to allow us to see the dentals. Now it just says dentals complete. That is my pet peeve!

This young lady could be an indigenous person from South or Central America. I went to high school with a set of boy/girl twins who emigrated from Lima, Peru and were of indigenous roots. They had a very similar reddish-brown skin tone to this Jane Doe and very dark brown (almost black) eyes.

Indigenous people often tend to be much darker than a Mexican or Puerto Rican, who can oftentimes be extremely fair-skinned.

I've been in both Guatemala and Peru, and saw quite a few people who had that look.

I've been in both Guatemala and Peru, and saw quite a few people who had that look.

To me, her face seems too oval to be Mayan. But I'm no expert. Most the Guatemalans I've met (both here and there) had rounded, flatter faces. She looks more Peruvian to me.

Carl90245 your facial reconstruction will be distributed to tribal populations through one of our WS members!!! She agrees that our UID is probably Native American and is hoping someone will recognize her and her jewelry!!!!

Dr. Derrick also has the reconstruction. No word back from her yet....

To me, her face seems too oval to be Mayan. But I'm no expert. Most the Guatemalans I've met (both here and there) had rounded, flatter faces. She looks more Peruvian to me.

I would say you're right about the majority -- my Guatemalan friend who is sending the picture to her relatives thought she might look more Bolivian. But she also thought she certainly could be Guatemalan.

That's such good news that the picture is being distributed to the tribal populations.

Do you think she could be Canadian -- First People?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back