TX TX - Iola, near Bull Creek Bridge, WhtFem 13-19, UP4611, 1904 coin ring, mechanic's cloth, Oct'81

Iola Jane Doe has been unidentified for 36 years today.

Ann Ellinwood 1965 Oregon and Rebecca Doisy 1953 Missouri have been added to the rule out list.

Lisa Wilson is still not on the rule-out list, but I also can't help but see some resemblance to Margaret Holst.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/1970/

Notably, her listed hair color of Red/Auburn matches the UID, where Lisa's is listed as brown. I can't help but feel like the drawing resembles her portrait, as well.

A couple of years ago, Ice190 was able to obtain the casefile for a 1975 Jane Doe case in Strongsville Ohio. Contained in the case file were the dental records for Carlene Brown, which had previously been unavailable to the NamUs people.

From the dental records, I was able to construct a NamUs style dental chart for Carlene. I still have the dental chart for this Jane Doe from the old days when dental charts on NamUs UP casefiles were still publicly viewable.

Looking at the comparison of I was surprised at how close Carlene's charts were to this Jane Doe's. Iola Jane Doe had fillings in 13 teeth (#2, #3, #4, #5, #12, #13, #14, #15, #18, #19, #29, #30, and #31). Carlene had fillings in all of the same teeth, except #29 and #4 (which had a root canal).

On Carlene's chart, I marked dark blue where the teeth matched those on the Iola Jane Doe's chart.

I marked light blue where the comparison was inconclusive.
* Iola JD's #29 was marked as restored with a filling. Carlene's dental records show no indication of any work on her #29. This is not considered as an irreconcilable difference, as it might be the result of missing dental records, or incomplete notations on her existing dental records.
* Iola JD's wisdom teeth were marked as impacted. Carlene's remaining wisdom teeth may or may not have been impacted, as impacted teeth aren't always noted on a patient's charts.
* Five of Iola JD's teeth (#8, #9, #22, #23 & #26) were lost postmortem, and couldn't be compared to Carlene's chart.
* Two of Iola JD's teeth (#25 & #27) were marked "O" for other. However, there was no elaboration of the meaning of the "O" classification on those teeth.

I marked red the two teeth that were inconsistent (i.e., #4 and #17)
* Iola JD's #4 was marked as restored with a filling. Carlene appears to have had a root canal on her #4.
* Iola JD's #17 (lower left wisdom tooth) was marked as present and impacted. Carlene appears to have had her #17 removed.

If we presume that the dental charts were error-free, this would be a positive rule-out based on #4 and #17. However, the commonalities are amazing, especially since Carlene's other particulars (age, height, hair color, and timeframe, and facial resemblance to reconstruction) are very consistent.

1981 IOLA JANE DOE
cache.php

* Dental: Available
Upper (R to L, 01-16)NIFFFFNNPPNNFFFFNI
Lower (R to L, 32-17)NIFFFNNOPNONPPNNFFNI
N = Natural Tooth
I = Impacted
F = Filling
R = Root Canal
A = Antemortem Loss
P = Postmortem Loss
O = Other condition mentioned in comments.

CARLENE BROWN

brown_carlene.jpg

http://charleyproject.org/case/carlene-brown

* Dental: Available
[tr]
[th]Upper (R to L, 01-16)[/th]
[th]N[/th]
[th]F[/th]
[th]F[/th]
[th]R[/th]
[th]F[/th]
[th]N[/th]
[th]N[/th]
[th]N[/th]
[th]N[/th]
[th]N[/th]
[th]N[/th]
[th]F[/th]
[th]F[/th]
[th]F[/th]
[th]F[/th]
[th]N[/th]
[/tr]
[tr]
[th]Lower (R to L, 32-17)[/th]
[th]N[/th]
[th]F[/th]
[th]F[/th]
[th]N[/th]
[th]N[/th]
[th]N[/th]
[th]N[/th]
[th]N[/th]
[th]N[/th]
[th]N[/th]
[th]N[/th]
[th]N[/th]
[th]N[/th]
[th]F[/th]
[th]F[/th]
[th]A[/th]
[/tr]
N = Natural Tooth
F = Filling
R = Root Canal
A = Extraction or Lost Tooth

CarlK - Carlene Brown is on the rule-out list. I'm assuming since her DNA is still listed only as "initial inquiry underway", they based this rule-out on the dentals?

I've submitted Margaret Holst to have her compared. Her DNA is available to compare to the UID (dentals are unavailable).

Just got a reply. Doe Network had previously submitted this match. Omaha PD has ruled it out.

Could someone get Namus to add Margaret to the rule-out list?

CarlK - Carlene Brown is on the rule-out list. I'm assuming since her DNA is still listed only as "initial inquiry underway", they based this rule-out on the dentals?

I realize she was on the rule-out list. They probably ruled her out based on the same analysis I showed above. All they have is the dental records that I referenced. They don't have actual xrays, AFAIK. They probably ruled her out based on the notation in her dental records that her lower left wisdom tooth (#17) had been removed, and the Jane Doe's wasn't; and that the Jane Doe had a filling on #4 rather than a root canal.

All I was saying is that I hope everything was correctly notated, because everything else is awfully close.

They don't have any way to get DNA on her. She was adopted, and they know nothing about who her biological parents were.

I've submitted Margaret Holst to have her compared. Her DNA is available to compare to the UID (dentals are unavailable).

Occam's Razor would hold that this isn't possible but after the revelations about Sweetwater Jane Doe I've recently thought that Margaret Holst could have been a victim of Rodney Alcala.

Alcala went on a summer road trip in 1977. He left LA on July 2 and drove to NYC. He returned to LA on August 15. We know he stopped at some point in Granger, WY, where Christine Ruth Thornton was found and he murdered Ellen Hover in New York City, suggesting a possible spree. The drive route he possibly took takes him right through Omaha, NE, where Margie Holst went missing the night of August 4.

Dean Pyle-Peters 1966 Michigan has been added to the rule out list. Someone I haven't seen mentioned previously is Patricia Lynn Taylor http://charleyproject.org/case/patricia-lynn-taylor. Doe Network: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3545dfok.html and NamUs pages: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/31371/29/. She has been missing from Owasso, Oklahoma since sometime after 31 August 1981 (the exact date and circumstances of her disappearance are unknown and that is last date that she is known to have been accounted for). At the time, Patricia was 15 years old, about 5'4" tall, weighed 110-120 pounds, and had red hair and green eyes.

Theresa "Terrie" Jones? The rag found with her body could have come from a machine shop.

This immediately makes me think of the unidentified killing field Texas girls...both have previous (healed) broken ribs....

Bringing this article forward. Did anyone catch this from it or am I just late to the party? Cuz it sounds like they might be doing isotopes on her.
(BBM for focus):
Yes, it does sound like they are. Which is great, that can only help her case.

Something I'm wondering about is the previous injuries that this Jane Doe is described as having. In addition to the broken ribs and sternum that are often cited as possible evidence of previous abuse she also had several broken toes that had healed. I'm by no means an expert, but when I heard that the first thing that came to my mind was 'car accident' rather than abuse. Here's my reasoning: the airbags in a car could easily cause trauma to the chest when deployed, even more so if you're either the driver or front seat passenger. Foot injuries are also very common, particularly in head-on collisions while sitting in the front because the lower extremities will absorb the shock of the impact. Does that make sense?

Something I'm wondering about is the previous injuries that this Jane Doe is described as having. In addition to the broken ribs and sternum that are often cited as possible evidence of previous abuse she also had several broken toes that had healed. I'm by no means an expert, but when I heard that the first thing that came to my mind was 'car accident' rather than abuse. Here's my reasoning: the airbags in a car could easily cause trauma to the chest when deployed, even more so if you're either the driver or front seat passenger. Foot injuries are also very common, particularly in head-on collisions while sitting in the front because the lower extremities will absorb the shock of the impact. Does that make sense?

We’re airbags a thing back then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea