GUILTY TX - Jaime Melgar, 52, slain in staged home invasion, Houston, 23 Dec 2012

The only reason I could see that they might take her away into another room, imo, would be if they were trying to get the husband to answer questions, like where is the cash or somwthing along those lines. By taking his wife into another room, they could really frighten him and threaten him further by making him wonder what was happening to her.

Seems like I've heard shades of this story before from the likes of Jeffrey McDonald, Diane Downs, and Darlie Routier among others.

I have all these same questions, guys, but it's not unprecedented for a victim to be tied up for long enough periods of time that they've had to use the bathroom on themselves. I wouldn't consider that a real strong component of questions, except to say that if she hadn't it would be curious.
BBM

That's exactly the point.

Seems like I've heard shades of this story before from the likes of Jeffrey McDonald, Diane Downs, and Darlie Routier among others.
Yep, 'blacking out' is always a suspicious alibi.

Ok! She said she blackedout in the bathroom and woke up tied up in the other closet.
Did the police find her tied up in the closet? or did she just tell them she was? or did the relatives actually found up in the closet tied up? If the invaders killed her husband and put him in the closet why would they go to the trouble of tying up a peron who has blacked out? and why take the time of finding another closet to put her in, her husband is dead or seriously injured and couldn't of help her anyway..

Can't wait to hear what the police investagation says........

Bolded by me. You and me both, Mystymiss. I can't imagine home invaders would kill her husband, and merely tie her up.

Am I reading the article correctly.....that this happened on 12/23/12? That's a week ago. I'm sure LE has completed the initial phase of the investigation. I'm going to go with the wife being a victim here....until LE say's otherwise.

Am I reading the article correctly.....that this happened on 12/23/12? That's a week ago. I'm sure LE has completed the initial phase of the investigation. I'm going to go with the wife being a victim here....until LE say's otherwise.

I was suspicious of her at first, but one of her daughters sad she has epilepsy. So I think it is highly possible that the stress threw her into a seizure. And it is quite normal for an epileptic to 'blackout' and have no memories of the time surrounding their seizure.

Also, if she were having a seizure and then passed out, the robbers might have just left her for dead.

Also, if she were having a seizure and then passed out, the robbers might have just left her for dead.

If they thought she was dead, why would they restrain her? More likely they thought she blacked out, but it's odd that this happened at exactly the same time as a home invasion.

If they thought she was dead, why would they restrain her? More likely they thought she blacked out, but it's odd that this happened at exactly the same time as a home invasion.

Seizure was triggered by the stress of the home invasion?

That's a shame she missed seeing the suspect before she blacked out.

I was suspicious of her at first, but one of her daughters sad she has epilepsy. So I think it is highly possible that the stress threw her into a seizure. And it is quite normal for an epileptic to 'blackout' and have no memories of the time surrounding their seizure.

I agree. When my son had grand mal seizures, he'd sometimes lose whole days. Luckily, nobody was ever murdered in the same house as he was in while he was having one.

She might have lost time around her seizure, assuming she had one.
So the home invasion might have brought on the seizure, but she doesn't remember for some time prior to that.

Wfgodot, I'm going to have to borrow that term once in a while if you don't mind!

(Hink-a-doodle-ding-dong makes my spell-checker very confuzzled.)

Another link from 12-24-12:

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Husband-killed-wife-tied-up-in-northwest-Harris-County-184638721.html

An open garage door was the only clue something was wrong. Now, 52-year old Jaime Melgar is dead on what was supposed to be the couple's 32nd wedding anniversary.

Sandra Melgar was dressed in a robe and appeared physically okay as she was being questioned by police on the scene. She was taken to the sheriff's office for further questioning.

This one is dated 12-29-12:

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/cypr...cle_dcf4f60c-290e-5778-b71e-ebaa01ce5774.html

Once inside, they found Sandra Melgar bound inside a closet calling for help. Jaime Melgar was found stabbed to death inside a separate area of the house. Investigators believe the motive is robbery

The most recent article says she was gagged too. No mention of if he was gagged too, police won't say how how was killed but neighbors said he was stabbed. No one is saying what, if anything, was stolen. Looks like a nice neighborhood.

Apparently the investigation is ongoing.

The news report is saying that police found the wife tied up. It seems kind of strange that the people who found the couple didn't untie the wife right away.

I guess it's just too soon to get all the details straightened out. I'm anxious for the whole story to be unraveled.

Well, what I found interesting is that the police did not send her to a hospital, but took her to the station for questioning. If she had truly been in the closet, bound and gagged that long after a loss of consciousness - I would have her go to the hospital to be examined.

But then, I was born a skeptic...............

Why does this not look like a burglary?

I know people get killed in home invasions, and maybe I am uniformed, but how often do they result in tying up dead victims and putting them in the closet? Or tying them up, putting them in the closet, then stabbing (presumably) to death? Also, one article I read said the husband was also beat up (take it with a grain of salt though).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?
Back