TX - Jan 21 & 22 Food/Volunteer Thread for Hailey Dunn Search

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many searchers are expected and how many meals-long is their day?

Any coffee places for the morning, if it is early?

I hesitated before posting this, initially: Then I realized, I'm on a thread with all these wonderful people donating their time, hard-earned money, effort, tears, and love for a child they more than likely never met, maybe in a part of the country they've never visited --just because they are nice people (Wsers, of course).
What better place to share a lil something personal? :)

In regards to coffee....my family owns a chain of Dunkin' Donuts restaurants in the Chicagoland area and suburbs, and we have a commissary (that's where they bake the donuts, bagels, etc. and ship them out to the stores for sale). My dad is on the Board of the Midwest Distribution Center of Dunkin' Donuts. Why do you care about any of this? (Other than to be jealous of my nickname as the Donut Princess of Chicago). Because....

Coffee's on me. Seriously, it's incredibly cheap (about 14 cents per cup not including the paper products) and it's very easy to ship...we can ship it in 5 pound bags of coffee beans (then you need a grinder) or 1 lb/2lb bags of ground coffee. When it comes to cups, lids, etc. I would have to have a 'limit' around like 500 or so simply due to cost, but the actual coffee, creamer, sugar, sugar subsititute, stirrers....well, I would be more than happy to provide it, and I could overnight it out tomorrow (if needed) - and I can send as much as you need.

Also, I don't work in the family business as a career,but still own a portion along with my siblings and Dad --I have no 'pull' but my Dad's been an owner since 1977, and so, I can guarantee that if there are any Dunkin Donuts in the immediate area, he can get them to donate donuts, bagels, or something...munchkins, maybe, as they are not too pricey.

Anyway, I would also be glad to provide for food from one of the local restaurants (the point of this thread, sorry for hijacking) - but would a cash donation be maybe a better route for me, since all you good people have Friday (at last glance, and maybe Sat) covered?

Thanks guys, and I'll keep checking this thread to see. I really want to help.

I want to help, but it would be silly to order food that will only be wasted. It seems like sooo many people have already signed on for pizza that there's way more coming than will be eaten. Can you open the threads for future dates so people can start signing up for those? And maybe close the thread when it gets to the point where ridiculous amounts of food are about to be dropped on the searchers? Or have the merchant tell callers when there are already enough food orders, so they can buy soda or something else?

Sorry I missed helping Thursday or Friday. But I will help Sat or Sunday, either one, I will check back later for which day I am needed.

I am amazed at how everyone jumped right on this and filled up Thurs. & Friday and maybe Sat.

Great information about the coffee, hopefully some group or church will take on that to make it and deliver.

OMG YES WE NEED YOU. I"m sorry. My fault. PLEASE STAY. DON'T LEAVE US :)

FOR SATURDAY
Katiemadonna
EastTexas
Truthwillsetyoufree
Purplehaze
Dreamweaver

Add me for Saturday Tricia.

Also, has a source for the tape been located?

Add me for Saturday Tricia.

Also, has a source for the tape been located?

I would be happy to call home improvement stores in Abilene to see what we can get donated. If they donate the tape I'm sure I can find a way to get it to Colorado City as soon as possible.

Tricia, I know that the Midland chapter of the Red Cross is willing to help. I spoke with the Red Cross coordinator who says he would need an official request from a Colorado City official for the final okay. It was a week ago when I thought TES was coming. Do you know if C-City peeps are cooperating with Brad?

Pizza Hut
2215 Hickory, Colorado City
(325) 728-5282
Dairy Queen
2301 N State Highway 208, Colorado City
(325) 728-2626
Mi Ranchito
237 Concho Street, Colorado City
(325) 728-5591 2 reviews
Sonic Drive-In
125 East Interstate 20, Colorado City
(325) 728-3951
Subway
150 E Interstate 20, Colorado City
(325) 728-8828
Dandy's Diner
121 East 2nd Street, Colorado City
(325) 728-5494 Place page
Pizza Pro
2001 Texas 208, Colorado City
(325) 728-3622 Place page
Bigg's Pizza & Grill
203 East 2nd Street, Colorado City
(325) 728-3300 1 review
Bama's House
440 East 5th Street, Colorado City
(325) 728-9009

Hope you don't mind I thought this might be helpful...oh and about delivery I found that back when searchers were looking for Caylee most vendors would find a way to deliver.

THANK YOU SO MUCH. YOU ARE A DOLL.

Hey Everyone,

I'll be out until this afternoon so if I don't get to this thread right away don't worry. I'll be back. :)

Thanks for all you are doing.

Tricia

I would be happy to call home improvement stores in Abilene to see what we can get donated. If they donate the tape I'm sure I can find a way to get it to Colorado City as soon as possible.

Tricia, I know that the Midland chapter of the Red Cross is willing to help. I spoke with the Red Cross coordinator who says he would need an official request from a Colorado City official for the final okay. It was a week ago when I thought TES was coming. Do you know if C-City peeps are cooperating with Brad?

Thank you my dear but we have the tape situation handled thanks to the wonderful Anadarko.

Don't know if there is time to get a letter from a city official but I will run it past Brad because that is a fantastic idea.

Hi Tricia,

Add me to Saturday please. Also, do you have the name/addy where the food should be delivered? And what time? Noonish?

Thanks so much for putting this together!

Hugs,

Mel

ETA: since I'm unemployed, I can only do 1 pizza (Pizza Hut). They do have a 10.00 pizza with 3 toppings ;) YUM!

Going to call Subway...do yall want to do that Saturday or Sunday? Going to ask if they will donate for some free ads on the radio.

I hesitated before posting this, initially: Then I realized, I'm on a thread with all these wonderful people donating their time, hard-earned money, effort, tears, and love for a child they more than likely never met, maybe in a part of the country they've never visited --just because they are nice people (Wsers, of course).
What better place to share a lil something personal? :)

In regards to coffee....my family owns a chain of Dunkin' Donuts restaurants in the Chicagoland area and suburbs, and we have a commissary (that's where they bake the donuts, bagels, etc. and ship them out to the stores for sale). My dad is on the Board of the Midwest Distribution Center of Dunkin' Donuts. Why do you care about any of this? (Other than to be jealous of my nickname as the Donut Princess of Chicago). Because....

Coffee's on me. Seriously, it's incredibly cheap (about 14 cents per cup not including the paper products) and it's very easy to ship...we can ship it in 5 pound bags of coffee beans (then you need a grinder) or 1 lb/2lb bags of ground coffee. When it comes to cups, lids, etc. I would have to have a 'limit' around like 500 or so simply due to cost, but the actual coffee, creamer, sugar, sugar subsititute, stirrers....well, I would be more than happy to provide it, and I could overnight it out tomorrow (if needed) - and I can send as much as you need.

Also, I don't work in the family business as a career,but still own a portion along with my siblings and Dad --I have no 'pull' but my Dad's been an owner since 1977, and so, I can guarantee that if there are any Dunkin Donuts in the immediate area, he can get them to donate donuts, bagels, or something...munchkins, maybe, as they are not too pricey.

Anyway, I would also be glad to provide for food from one of the local restaurants (the point of this thread, sorry for hijacking) - but would a cash donation be maybe a better route for me, since all you good people have Friday (at last glance, and maybe Sat) covered?

Thanks guys, and I'll keep checking this thread to see. I really want to help.

What an incredibly sweet offer!:blowkiss:

I just called and ordered mine for Friday. They are $8.99 plus tax. Just thought Id pass this on.

I will call and order something other than pizza (wings? salad? subs?... something I'll see what they have) so the searchers have something other than pizza two days in a row since I think it's probably many of the same people helping.

I am also able to order through Amazon and have it sent within 24hours so if anything else is needed (more tape? other supplies ? ) please let me know.

How did you order through Amazon? if you have a link can you post and I will also order that way. Tia

Ok....talked to Janice this morning down at the Civic Center...I have called Subway and they are checking with the bosses (they aren't in town) and going to call me back to do food for Sunday. Will get prices and all that too when they call me back. We are going to be giving FREE ads for those generous folks who are donating and you can bet I will be thanking Web Sleuths too..lol!! Will post an update asap!

I have been off the thread for the past few days and so excited to see what's happening!
How I wish other families were able to get this support
Put me down for food help sat and Sunday
I am donating in Joan Renee Cook's name - missing from Virginia whose one year missing anniversary is Monday. (the reason I found WS)

I just placed my order, one cheese and one pepperoni. They do sell 2 liters so I ordered 10 and asked her to send a variety.

My thoughts and prayers are with the searchers. If I wasn't in NY I would be right along side them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike