GUILTY TX - Jerry Collins, 68, found murdered, San Antonio, 28 Jan 2012 *indictment in 2018*

I just got home from the funeral for Jerry. Unfortunately our verterans from WWII and Korea are starting to pass in larger numbers so a full military funeral at Ft. Sam Houston has a 2 week waiting list.

I had the (not so much)honor of sitting directly behind who I think the killer is. I wish I had something real to base my thoughts on, but it is just a hunch that the killer <modsnip>. In talking with Steve, one of Jerrys boys, it sounds like the police are not telling him much.

It must have really bothered Kristina that I was right.

"Moore and Comer are both suspects in the 2012 murder of Jerry Collins.

Evidence gathered by police states that Moore told a witness she was paid $10 thousand by Comer to hire an alleged killer to murder Collins. The name of the killer was not available because the investigation is still ongoing.

The person asked to kill Moore went to police with a handgun he says was given to him by Comer."

http://www.ksat.com/news/suspect-in...stody/-/478452/21711370/-/75qox5/-/index.html

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...-woman-accused-of-plotting-murder-4773586.php

60-year old woman accused of plotting murder
BY DAVID G. PALACIO, STAFF WRITER : AUGUST 29, 2013

"Ruth Ann Comer was taken into custody about 4 p.m. after police used a surveillance operation to record her ordering the killing, according to a police affidavit."

She has also been named a person of interest in a killing last year.

"The victim had put Comer in his will, police say, and she stood to inherit a large sum of money. According to the affidavit, Comer paid someone $10,000 to find someone to kill the victim."

What a scary would we live in! This woman would kill someone to inherit money? She valued money over someone's life? And someone else would murder a person for $10,000? Oh my gosh, what a depraved society we live in! I hope the people responsible for Mr. Collins death will get the death penalty and that it will be carried out promptly.

19 months later - wow. I'd given up on this one. Justice can be slow, as justice must be sure.

I know Jerry had guns, heck I have owned just one gun in my life and sold it to Jerry back around 1990. Besides the guns, Jerry was a big no nonsense kind of guy. Even at 68 he could well take care of himself if he was awake to do so.

So Ruth gave a gun to the person she was trying to hire to murder Kristina. God, how awful would it be if it was the gun that I sold to Jerry back in the day.

Let me know when she has had an arraignment and we can move this to Awaiting Trials until she goes to trial.

I'm sorry about your friend, Dave. Hopefully justice will be swift now that they have charged the perp. :(

Salem

A more recent report from this morning, with video:

http://www.news4sanantonio.com/news...-woman-arrested-murderforhire-plot-2902.shtml

Updated: Friday, August 30 2013, 06:20 AM CDT

SAN ANTONIO -- "A 60-year-old San Antonio woman has been arrested and charged with criminal solicitation to commit murder. Investigators state Ruth Ann Comer tried to hire a hitman to carry out the crime. Police have not released the name of the intended target."

"Comer has not been officially charged in Collins' death."

Wow, <modsnip>? And she was involved in the plot to kill Dave's friend, and then was the target of a plot herself?! :eek:

Am I following this right?

Dave, so sorry about your friend, but so glad there will be resolution. :rose:

Wow, <modsnip>? And she was involved in the plot to kill Dave's friend, and then was the target of a plot herself?! :eek:

Am I following this right?

Dave, so sorry about your friend, but so glad there will be resolution. :rose:

Thanks.

Yep, you have a clear picture.

Unbelievable, reading those posts in light of the arrest and new info.

I called the DA to point them to her posts on this thread and to inquire if the gun was the one I sold Jerry. They would not talk to me unless I had the suspects DOB!!

I ended up calling the detective and pointed him here. The gun was NOT the one I sold him, THANK GOD!

Oh!!! Here's a new story with more info:

http://www.kens5.com/news/When-I-ge...y-plots-murder-for-inheritance-221787581.html

60-year-old woman plots murder for inheritance, S.A. police say
by Marvin Hurst / KENS 5
Posted on August 30, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Updated today at 10:39 AM

snips

"The arrest document revealed the alleged victim told the witness Comer gave her $10,000 to have Collins murdered. The witness was also told the name of Collins' killer.
The alleged killer's name is being withheld because the Collins case has not been closed."

"A carnival worker with a connection to the witness claimed he heard Comer, the 35-year-old woman, and that woman's husband discussing the Collins murder in March 2013."

and

"The warrant revealed on another occasion he confronted the 60-year-old suspect who shifted the blame on her female accomplice.

Police said Comer approached the worker with a .32 caliber gun a week later and requested the death of her so-called partner in crime. She allegedly encouraged him to murder the woman's husband too police said. The man reportedly admitted he told Comer he would consider the killing."

More...

So they still have to prove just who killed Jerry? I hope they can get that done and sorry about his senseless murder.

Bit by bit the story is coming out. This is a must read article:

Woman arrested on charge of soliciting murder named a suspect in 2012 death
BY MICHELLE CASADY : AUGUST 30, 2013 : Updated: August 30, 2013 7:58pm

snips

"Sixty-year-old Ruth Ann Comer placed a .32-caliber, seven-shot revolver on the table, according to police, and told the would-be hit man, &#8220;I want Kristina gone, and if you have to, kill Jacob.&#8221;

But when Comer came back on Aug. 16 to discuss her alleged murderous plans in detail with Charles Grube, he had already told police, who set up covert audio recording equipment in his home.

She told him where Kristina Moore lived with her husband, Jacob Thomas, and what car they drove, and gave him written directions to their home."

and

"The affidavit indicates plans began to unravel in May when Moore's roommate, Teri Suttles, called police saying she had information about Collins' killing. In an interview with police, Suttles said Moore told her that Comer &#8220;had given her $10,000 to pay someone to kill Jerry Collins.&#8221;

Two months earlier, Grube, who is Suttles' father, was working at a carnival when he met Moore and Comer and overheard them discussing Collins' killing."

Much more...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back