TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.khou.com/news/local/Authorities-search-for-missing-12-year-old-Houston-boy-112505914.html

Thanks for your input. I was going by what Grandma herself said in the above article "Foster suffers from Attention Deficit Disorder and, according to his grandmother, gets easily confused. "That’s why we want him home safe," she said."

I was just trying to say I don't think it's unusual for an 11 or 12 yr. old to have a babysitter. Especially since he just moved in with his mother, she may be exercising an abundance of caution.

Do you think or know that he did in fact have a babysitter?

I'm so glad you joined us here and appreciate your input. Please send Grandma our prayers.

I think "confused" is the wrong word here. I think "easily distracted" fits better. I have a friend whose son is ADD. I've sent him to the little corner store and had to go fetch him several times because on the way he met up with some friends and was sidetracked. He wasn't confused, he simply found something more fun to do and "forgot" what he was supposed to be doing!

me too! where did the babysitter story come from?

I don't see why he needed a babysitter
snip
He also has numerous friends and relatives in the nearby area, and it was not uncommon for him to walk to their homes, police said
http://www.fortbendnow.com/2010/12/28/49668

The mom stated he was at a babysitters in one of the videos. I don't think he was. She probably was in CYA mode. Sadly I think she knows exactly what happened.

not to quote my own self but also adding in the part in the video interview when step dad tells mom not to give out too many details.

why is he worried about this at this time?????!!????

strange.

Would LE tell them not to release to many details while doing interviews?

HLN is sticking to the kidnapping line and a woman w/raspy voice (just moments ago) but then again they reported such a narrow view last night... NG should be interesting, hopefully will uncover some facts.

Let's say this is the scenario. Someone mentioned earlier a "what if" Jonathan came home and his SD wasn't alone and he saw something that he shouldn't have. Maybe SD was with another woman, this could be the woman with a raspy voice and maybe SD sent Jonathan with her.

I agree, kids this age will run wild if you let them. My son is lucky to have his Grandma here for him but when she is not I found a daycare that will take him, although he hates it. Just saying, it is difficult to find one though.

We have to remember that Jonathan is described as naive... that he has not grown up in a city... but out on a 6 acre farm. I do not see him as the type to "run wild." I see him as the type to be totally intimidated by things because he's not used to them.

I get totally freaked out in large cities and I'm 26 years old. A young child going from the country to the city is going to be totally overwhelmed. Especially when they are already dealing with their brain going too fast... and trying to keep their behavior under control to make Mom happy so that they can stay with her this time. All of this had to be an unbelievable amount of pressure on a 12 year old little boy.

In my opinion if he needed someone watching him it was because he was naive, gullible, easily distracted, vulnerable and easily targeted. Not because he would have done anything outside the rules.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7867856

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Authorities-search-for-missing-12-year-old-Houston-boy-112505914.html

Thanks for your input. I was going by what Grandma herself said in the above article "Foster suffers from Attention Deficit Disorder and, according to his grandmother, gets easily confused. "That’s why we want him home safe," she said."

I was just trying to say I don't think it's unusual for an 11 or 12 yr. old to have a babysitter. Especially since he just moved in with his mother, she may be exercising an abundance of caution.

Do you think or know that he did in fact have a babysitter?

I'm so glad you joined us here and appreciate your input. Please send Grandma our prayers.

Sorry, "Dear Prudence" if it seemed like I was criticizing your comments. What was said about LE taking their time to issue an Amber Alert is true. Mentioning the ADD might have been an attempt to get them to take this more seriously. I don't know too many people who have kids the age of ours who use a babysitter but knowing Jonathan is used to running the streets in our neighborhood would make him less cautious in a new neighborhood. If you live in Houston, you KNOW that is not a good neighborhood. His Grandma was not even completely comfortable with him walking around in our very safe neighborhood by himself which is why she got him the cell phone. I do not know whether there really was a babysitter or not, I've been hearing conflicting reports like the rest of you. Thank you all for your warm thoughts and prayers.

Sorry, "Dear Prudence" if it seemed like I was criticizing your comments. What was said about LE taking their time to issue an Amber Alert is true. Mentioning the ADD might have been an attempt to get them to take this more seriously. I don't know too many people who have kids the age of ours who use a babysitter but knowing Jonathan is used to running the streets in our neighborhood would make him less cautious in a new neighborhood. If you live in Houston, you KNOW that is not a good neighborhood. His Grandma was not even completely comfortable with him walking around in our very safe neighborhood by himself which is why she got him the cell phone. I do not know whether there really was a babysitter or not, I've been hearing conflicting reports like the rest of you. Thank you all for your warm thoughts and prayers.

Do you know if they found Jonathan's cellphone? It was reported earlier that they were looking for the cordless home phone.

Do you know if they found Jonathan's cellphone? It was reported earlier that they were looking for the cordless home phone.

Not sure if he still had the cellphone after he moved to his Mom's. It was an emergency cell phone which could only dial Grandma's phone or 911.

Loving Mom, there is a report, posted above #776, that grandma was taken with LE...did you see/hear anything?

daviddavissame-2.jpg

RSO on left: http://www.familywatchdog.us/ViewInfo.asp (middle name weldon)
SD on right

From the pic it appears that SD has attached ear lobes and the RSO has detached.

Bolded by me - Thanks LovingMom. I didn't think of that. It is such a shame it took so long for LE to take this seriously and the media to start reporting on it.

Loving Mom, there is a report, posted about #776, that grandma was taken with LE...did you see/hear anything?

I have not physically been with the family but have been in touch by phone. I had just placed a call to Grandma about the time someone on this board posted the story about her going with LE. No answer but I left a message. I can only imagine what they are going through right now and don't want to crowd them. I feel helpless because I could not even help with the search - I am too close.

Tim a man with a huge heart. He is truly one of my heros. Knowing that he is out looking for areas that may have been burned leads me to believe this sweet child that was found today is Jonathan. JMO

Yep, that's pretty much the way I interpreted too.......sadly.

someone dissected this interview earlier and it was determined she said "best" not "pest"

Thanks. I must have missed it. I'm at work and just jumped in. I know better lol

Thanks. I must have missed it. I'm at work and just jumped in. I know better lol

LOL No biggie, I thought she said pest too and i about jumped out of my skin yelling at the computer monitor!! LOL

Here is another news video from last night. the reporter is annoying in the way he speaks about this. The mom and sd interview is interesting. Mom calls him a Pest. Really? is that all you can think of to say about your missing child. The SD's swaying is interesting.

http://www.39online.com/videobeta/?watchId=22119ce7-3e5e-4d7c-a876-52e273f9a7ca

Interesting comment made at the end of the tape by the Stepfather. Very similar to Ronald Cummings comment when he threatened to kill the one who took his daughter.....SD commented that whoever took him wouldn't have to worry about going to court and that he would...............(paraphrased by me).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500