TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged w/ Murder - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also feel that DD was on his way to being framed and arrested without that videotape. IMO MN knew he'd been there, knew he'd previously slapped the boy, and already had a story in place in case she was picked up.

A couple of things I don't understand though are why on earth would she do this on a carpet in an apt? Did she make a good attempt to cover her tracks or just go to her sister's and act like this never happened after Xmas Eve. I also don't understand when the "threats" came in. Was that on AD's car ride home or back at the office? Because if that was the case, I can't imagine thinking that he'd just run off for a bit. Thanks!

sbm

I also think DD may have gone down for this IF poor J was never found.

She actually made NO attempt to cover her tracks from all the evidence left in her apt, the risk of being seen at J's, her stupidity picking up the phone, & the nonchalant dumping of the body.

I can't wait to hear what these "threats" were...I can't even attempt a good guess. :loser:

Mom did say she thought he may be outside playing around the complex (looked for him) which now that you mention it doesn't make much sense knowing a strange woman was there & had also made threats. :waitasec:

sbm

She actually made NO attempt to cover her tracks from all the evidence left in her apt, the risk of being seen at J's, her stupidity picking up the phone, & the nonchalant dumping of the body.

I can't wait to hear what these "threats" were...I can't even attempt a good guess. :loser:

Mom did say she thought he may be outside playing around the complex (looked for him) which now that you mention it doesn't make much sense knowing a strange woman was there & had also made threats. :waitasec:
Wasn't it also reported at one point that a woman had called her place of work and said it's an emergency? but then was disconnected/hung up? Could that be translated into a threatening message?

In the second video on this site http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7866784&status=ok AD talks about the phone call where she heard the woman's voice and then her son answer and then the phone went dead.

It looks like there were a lot of reporters filming AD and DD that afternoon, I believe it was the 27th, as these are all in the home and the parents are wearing the same clothes. I'm just posting the videos where mom is talking during this time to try to help find where she may have discussed making calls on her drive home.

MOO :twocents:

The Houston Chronicle report on December 30 didn't say AD unlocked the door when she arrived at SE's cottage yet in the video where AD is telling people to look for her son out there, she said the door was locked when she arrived home and a poster said AD was referring to the door at SE's.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7356276.html

<snip>

When she opened the door moments later, cartoons were still on the TV, and a game was up on the computer screen. A can of Tootsie rolls sat on the computer desk.

It is important to know if the door was locked with a key by the perp when they left with JF. IMO a perp wouldn't stop to lock the door behind them.

Is there more than one exit to SE's cottage? I haven't seen a floor plan of SE's cottage or heard LE confirm whether the door was locked or open when AD arrived.

Are LE claiming MN lifted a naked corpse from the truck bed with no protective clothing? TIA

sbm

That's what makes no sense to me also. I would love to know what they were thinking that night. Who did they think this woman was? The police weren't convinced it was an abduction until Monday. So all day Christmas, all the next day, what was everyone thinking happened?

In the second video on this site http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7866784&status=ok AD talks about the phone call where she heard the woman's voice and then her son answer and then the phone went dead.

It looks like there were a lot of reporters filming AD and DD that afternoon, I believe it was the 27th, as these are all in the home and the parents are wearing the same clothes. I'm just posting the videos where mom is talking during this time to try to help find where she may have discussed making calls on her drive home.

Thank you. There is a longer version of that interview, and I believe this is before the story was changed.

Regarding the last calls made to Mom at work from the home where JF lived and was abudcted from: I think the telephone was taken to place calls from outside the home. Someone else had done an experiment (thanks) that showed you could talk for up to about a block before the phone died. Why else would she have taken the phone? Fingerprints? Not that out of place if she had been there before to visit SE.

Some speculate J took the phone but where did he keep it? IIRC, he didn't take a coat with him or anything else that would've helped him to hide it from MN...If MN took the phone it would do nothing to prove she wasn't IN the house while talking on it..The reason could've been the fingerprints but weren't they already all over the house? At that time MN was in a major rush to get away so maybe it wasn't even intentional.

I still think he took the stuffed animal & that MN made up some BS story that his mom wanted him to go with her & told him to grab something to take along..As far as we know nobody saw them walking to the truck but they also didn't see MN leaving at all.

If J came out any other way (rug/container) why has it been reported nothing else was missing from the home?

I'm sure we don't have ALL the info LE does (mom told to also keep quiet about certain things?) so there's probably many of our thoughts/theories that will turn out to be way off base.

sbm

That is a very scary thought that DD could have gone down for this.
Maybe it was part of MN's plan that when she saw DD come and go at 1.45, she had a person to pin it on, either directly by her or by assuming LE.
DD probably just walked over to the cottage, no car, explains why neighbors did not see him.
After 1.45 , he could have gone to work or another place where people continuously saw him till after 6.00 pm. An airtight alibi IMO.
If MN did this before, other cases with circumstantial evidence that are supposedly solved, should also be re examined. That could have the wrong person in jail.

Patty, this is the video where AD and DD are standing giving an interview of sorts and she says she called for Jonathan a few times... I think this is a different clip but maybe the same interview where she starts to discuss the calls and DD tells her not to give too many details:

http://www.click2houston.com/video/26292747/index.html

Thank you. This video is AD talking about JF suppose to go home and get a video and then go back to the babysitter. WELL we all know how that story went. :furious:

There were discussion early on on where did the story about the video and babysitter first start ... with this interview.

Thank you. This video is AD talking about JF suppose to go home and get a video and then go back to the babysitter. WELL we all know how that story went. :furious:

There were discussion early on on where did the story about the video and babysitter first start ... with this interview.

You bring up a question that has been bugging me. If Mom originally reported Jonathan as missing when he left the babysitters down the street to get a video game from home....does that mean Mom originally called the police to come to the apt she had previously been living in when she reported him missing? (did I explain that right?) If so, then LE was at the wrong scene of the crime at the very beginning.

Respectfully I post:

Please stick these video links in the media forum for reference with a little snip of what AD or DD stated NOT what the reporter states. Thank you.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123690"]TX - Jonathan Foster 12, Found Deceased Media Links - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

At times, LE will ask the media for their footage of what others stated to them. :)

You bring up a question that has been bugging me. If Mom originally reported Jonathan as missing when he left the babysitters down the street to get a video game from home....does that mean Mom originally called the police to come to the apt she had previously been living in when she reported him missing? (did I explain that right?) If so, then LE was at the wrong scene of the crime at the very beginning.

Oh noooooooooooo, that hurts my head. :banghead:

I would have to assume, based on the first story, that AD met LE at the babysitters, of which, is her roommate. I can't imagine that AD went to DD's apartment and met them there, however, based on how this case started out, nothing would surprise me.

sbm

Except that LE declared that every second for everyone was accounted for, so the bolded section is unlikely.

Except that LE declared that every second for everyone was accounted for, so the bolded section is unlikely.

But was that not after the surveillance video was discovered at Rolled Alloys?
They did not question Mona till Tuesday if I recall.

I can tell you in feet how far our cordless phone works: 300. I used to take it out to the street to meet the elementary school bus and our driveway is 300 feet long. The model we had years ago would only work until 2/3 of the way. The current model is about 4 years old. So I assume newer ones would have an even longer range.

Since it's Sunday and the Patriots are playing, I should have said ours would come in a football-field away from its base.

With all the buildingss and vehicles around in a congested area, MN could have been using the phone from inside her truck, been close to the cottage, and not have been obvious. Just occurred to me too that she could have been within sight on the cottage watching for AD to come home and see whether an alarm was raised right away. Since she went back to the cottage after dumping the body, presumably she relished watching how people were reacting. Like being the puppetmaster.

My mother actually lives next door to us in our garage apartment and when she comes over here (was here on Christmas Eve) she brings her cordless phone and she gets her calls from her sisters (without missing a single piece of gossip) LOL.

FWIW

This is what I am thinking, at the moment, subject to change any second.

All the stuff we heard about the babysitter, JF going for the video, phone calls at work, threatening phone calls at work, driving home in her car, repeatedly calling the house as she drives, reaches the woman on the other end with the raspy voice as she is still driving, asks to speak to JF, is you mother's name Angela etc., etc., arrives at the house, no one home, TV on, no struggle in the house, only shirt missing, shoes and stuffed animal is the story first told.

Per LE at Press Conference: At about 2:00, Jonathan places a phone call to his mother’s place of work. He speaks to one of her co-workers, asks her a couple of questions, the mother gets a little - the mother finds out about it, gets a little concerned, it’s about time for her to go home, she calls the house, and that’s when she speaks to the woman I guess that everybody heard about, with the, kind of the raspy voice. She gets disconnected, she immediately goes home, and Jonathan is gone.

I'm reasonably sure that all alibis and whereabouts for DD would have been checked without that tape. Despite DD being the last person who saw Jonathan alive, they have cleared him by stating that Mona acted alone.

They knew this because of microscopic checking of all individuals.

Surely this would have been the case with or without the tape, otherwise it appears that without the arrest of MN, then DD would be arrested instead, with no evidence and a solid alibi etc.

Is Texas LE really that fickle?

I'm reasonably sure that all alibis and whereabouts for DD would have been checked without that tape. Despite DD being the last person who saw Jonathan alive, they have cleared him by stating that Mona acted alone.

They knew this because of microscopic checking of all individuals.

Surely this would have been the case with or without the tape, otherwise it appears that without the arrest of MN, then DD would be arrested instead, with no evidence and a solid alibi etc.

Is Texas LE really that fickle?

Prob not arrested, but like JonBenet's parents, never quite free of suspicion....

Oh noooooooooooo, that hurts my head. :banghead:

I would have to assume, based on the first story, that AD met LE at the babysitters, of which, is her roommate. I can't imagine that AD went to DD's apartment and met them there, however, based on how this case started out, nothing would surprise me.

If Mom initially met LE at the babysitters/room mates apt, then she would have had to initially claim that her previous apt was the babysitters apt. that Jonathan was going to for the video.
ok...that made my head hurt. nevermind.

I believe LE had spoken to Mona before the body was found. She herself came forward and informed someone - not sure if it was LE or family, but she placed herself at the crime scene because she told them she had been at the apartment Jonathan was taken from. She told them she had stopped by to "ask a question" or something. Now, I don't recall if she told them she was there to get SE's (the roommate/babysitter) phone number. Anyone stumble on that link which verifies why MN was there, I would appreciate it. When the surveillance video was found and a truck like MN's was seen with someone getting out of it, the officers that were reviewing the video sent the information to the officers that had spoken with MN earlier. I really want to know what did MN originally give as her reason for being there?? If it was to get SE's phone number and then AD received a call from Jonathan asking for that same phone number, I will be very confused and have to rethink a lot of things. :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500