TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged w/ Murder - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is just ONE thing I don't get -- if true. Why would HE come by to check on him, with only 15 minutes remaining of the mom's work day? If that's true even....

And of course I am so sick that this baby didn't get to see Christmas day or any presents. WTH is wrong with people??? What is it going to take??

I'm reasonably sure that all alibis and whereabouts for DD would have been checked without that tape. Despite DD being the last person who saw Jonathan alive, they have cleared him by stating that Mona acted alone.

They knew this because of microscopic checking of all individuals.

Surely this would have been the case with or without the tape, otherwise it appears that without the arrest of MN, then DD would be arrested instead, with no evidence and a solid alibi etc.

Is Texas LE really that fickle?

No, I do not think Texas LE is fickle at all. But that tape discovery, after body was found, gave them a nice short window to check alibis. 2pm thru 6 pm. It was a super break in the case for LE and allowed probably for definite elimination of other parties in this case IMO. And nailed MN !!!!! Sadly, sometimes the wrong person is arrested/ convicted and/or has to live the rest of his/her life under a cloud of suspicion.Tapes are like this are even better than DNA evidence IMO. Very hard for defense to argue with or nitpick.

Here is just ONE thing I don't get -- if true. Why would HE come by to check on him, with only 15 minutes remaining of the mom's work day? If that's true even....

And of course I am so sick that this baby didn't get to see Christmas day or any presents. WTH is wrong with people??? What is it going to take??

what confuses me is that in all the talk of phonecalls,hangups,disconnects,raspy women and threats.....not one neighbor or someone close by was called to get to that apartment ASAP! Apparantly 15minutes meant life or death for this child if we are to believe the timeline given.

"I got two phone calls at work," mother Angela Davis said. "My job told me that my son called one time saying it was an emergency, and I never got that call. The second time I got a phone call from my boss. She said that it was a lady, and by the time I got to the phone they hung up."

http://www.click2houston.com/news/26298521/detail.html#story

I took a nap and haven't completely caught up, so it may have been reposted already, but I'm looking for the interview of Angela and the stepdad where Angela is talking about the phone calls, the stepdad is next to her, may have his arm around her, and she says something about the woman on the phone, and the stepdad says "Don't give all the details."

I thought I had bookmarked it, but I didn't. I've been searching and I can't find it. I think it may have been peeples who posted it. It was peeples who called our attention to it yesterday or the day before, then somebody posted it, but I'll be darned if I can find it.

Thank you for any help!

ETA: I believe the quote above is directly from the video.

(respectfully snipped)
A couple of things I don't understand though are why on earth would she do this on a carpet in an apt? Did she make a good attempt to cover her tracks or just go to her sister's and act like this never happened after Xmas Eve. I also don't understand when the "threats" came in. Was that on AD's car ride home or back at the office? Because if that was the case, I can't imagine thinking that he'd just run off for a bit. Thanks!

My thinking is that MN may have hurt him in the house on the carpet, and then burned his body completely outside. Thus there was some evidence on the carpet inside, and more outside. Just my theory, I don't have anything to back it up except for the items taken from outside, and the notion that more damage/smell would have been in the house if the totality of the burning took place inside. IMO.

Found it!

Video w/stepdad saying to Angela "Don't give all the details."

http://www.click2houston.com/video/26297603/index.html

ETA: The quote in my post above is direct from this video.

ETA again: Just moving the quote in here so it'll be here if I search for this again. I'm lazy. :)

"I got two phone calls at work," mother Angela Davis said. "My job told me that my son called one time saying it was an emergency, and I never got that call. The second time I got a phone call from my boss. She said that it was a lady, and by the time I got to the phone they hung up."

He might not even have known when AD would be coming home, they did not live together anymore. Besides , he has been cleared by LE. That is good enough for me.

Many of us would love to know the answer to that question.

Note in that video the detective saying the phone calls were between 1:45 and 2:10. Remember the mention of "25 minutes later, Angela arrived home, and Jonathan was gone"? Well, 1:45 to 2:10 is 25 minutes, so that's probably where that comes from.

I know, I know. Captain Obvious. Takes me a while. :)

Many of us would love to know the answer to that question.

Patty I think it was you upthread asked if anyone remembered Angela saying when she got home, she called out to Jonathan. I just read that article this morning. I don't think I posted it, and I don't remember which news channel it was. :(

I took a nap and haven't completely caught up, so it may have been reposted already, but I'm looking for the interview of Angela and the stepdad where Angela is talking about the phone calls, the stepdad is next to her, may have his arm around her, and she says something about the woman on the phone, and the stepdad says "Don't give all the details."

I thought I had bookmarked it, but I didn't. I've been searching and I can't find it. I think it may have been peeples who posted it. It was peeples who called our attention to it yesterday or the day before, then somebody posted it, but I'll be darned if I can find it.

Thank you for any help!

ETA: I believe the quote above is directly from the video.

You are looking for the same video interview that I am. I am so glad that you saw that video also.

I know that MN claimed she had visited the home at 12:30 and saw JF. But has this been proven? The reason I ask is that many of the theories I have read here online suggest that her earlier visit was to case out the joint. But maybe there was no earlier visit. She may have lied about that to establish her presence near the home in case someone had seen her. She may also have lied to insinuate that there was someone in there with JF. So, I guess my question is, has it been proven by witnesses that MN was there at 12:30? I certainly don't believe anything MN has to say on the subject.

I believe LE had spoken to Mona before the body was found. She herself came forward and informed someone - not sure if it was LE or family, but she placed herself at the crime scene because she told them she had been at the apartment Jonathan was taken from. She told them she had stopped by to "ask a question" or something. Now, I don't recall if she told them she was there to get SE's (the roommate/babysitter) phone number. Anyone stumble on that link which verifies why MN was there, I would appreciate it. When the surveillance video was found and a truck like MN's was seen with someone getting out of it, the officers that were reviewing the video sent the information to the officers that had spoken with MN earlier. I really want to know what did MN originally give as her reason for being there?? If it was to get SE's phone number and then AD received a call from Jonathan asking for that same phone number, I will be very confused and have to rethink a lot of things. :waitasec:

My understanding is that JF made a call to his mom's work before noon, asking for SE's phone number. Because MN placed herself at SE's house at 12:30, and witnesses saw her talking to JF at that time, I think it has been assumed that those two things are related--JF calling for SE's phone number and MN stopping by. Perhaps MN called the house earlier, JF said SE wasn't there, MN asked for SE's phone number, JF didn't know it and called his mom. Then MN stopped by later "Just to check if SE had come back yet."

MN said her reason for stopping by was to see SE. Logically, it makes sense that MN asked for SE, and probably wouldn't have alarmed JF much. MN had been around, so she wasn't exactly a stranger. And clearly she knows how to put on the charm, so she may have put JF at ease with her words, actions, and expressions. I think that going there, and asking about SE, was MN's way of casing the joint and double-checking time-frames. She may even have asked if SD was around, and JF may have told her he was coming by to check on him at 1:30 or something, and that his mom got off work at 2. Of course, we will never know what was said/done at SE's home. But phone records could provide a good picture of who was called, when, from where.

Note in that video the detective saying the phone calls were between 1:45 and 2:10. Remember the mention of "25 minutes later, Angela arrived home, and Jonathan was gone"? Well, 1:45 to 2:10 is 25 minutes, so that's probably where that comes from.

I know, I know. Captain Obvious. Takes me a while. :)

However, the detective didn't mention that JF was being checked on at the house at 1:45 PM when the phone calls started between 1:45 PM and 2:10 PM.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh! Big Sigh!

My thinking is that MN may have hurt him in the house on the carpet, and then burned his body completely outside. Thus there was some evidence on the carpet inside, and more outside. Just my theory, I don't have anything to back it up except for the items taken from outside, and the notion that more damage/smell would have been in the house if the totality of the burning took place inside. IMO.

Since she killed him and dumped the body the same day she abducted Jonathan, that would take some real nerve to burn a body, outside, in broad daylight.

I know that MN claimed she had visited the home at 12:30 and saw JF. But has this been proven? The reason I ask is that many of the theories I have read here online suggest that her earlier visit was to case out the joint. But maybe there was no earlier visit. She may have lied about that to establish her presence near the home in case someone had seen her. She may also have lied to insinuate that there was someone in there with JF. So, I guess my question is, has it been proven by witnesses that MN was there at 12:30? I certainly don't believe anything MN has to say on the subject.

We actually seem to have a total of three possible appearances by Mona. One "in the morning", one at 12:30, and the third "at the time of the phone calls" (about 2:00pm).

The morning is claimed by Mona, and I haven't found any witnesses. The 12:30 and "around the time of the phone calls" both have articles that say they have witnesses, but both seem to be the same - where Mona is seen pulling up in her truck.

Personally, I am thinking that there was only one appearance, around 2. Possibly she pulled up, saw the stepdad, and waited in the truck until he was gone. Then went in to the apartment and got Jonathan.

I'm thinking that Jonathan may even have thought it was his stepdad returning, and so just opened the door right up, and she took him by surprise.

Myabe she didn't usually get off work so early in the day. Perhaps she was getting off early because it was Christmas Eve. JF was on school vacation all week. So maybe DD came by every day that week around that time. My children are 12 and 14 and sleep late and stay up later on vacation. They don't usually have lunch til around 2. So it seems likely to me that 1:45 would be about half way through the time when JF would be awake and by himself. And his stepfather was touching base and making sure he ate.

I believe LE had spoken to Mona before the body was found. She herself came forward and informed someone - not sure if it was LE or family, but she placed herself at the crime scene because she told them she had been at the apartment Jonathan was taken from. She told them she had stopped by to "ask a question" or something. Now, I don't recall if she told them she was there to get SE's (the roommate/babysitter) phone number. Anyone stumble on that link which verifies why MN was there, I would appreciate it. When the surveillance video was found and a truck like MN's was seen with someone getting out of it, the officers that were reviewing the video sent the information to the officers that had spoken with MN earlier. I really want to know what did MN originally give as her reason for being there?? If it was to get SE's phone number and then AD received a call from Jonathan asking for that same phone number, I will be very confused and have to rethink a lot of things. :waitasec:

It is possible LE tried to interview MN earlier but could not locate her. MN was at her sisters for four days, starting with Christmas day. I have no clue where the sister lives but that would place MN back at her apartment again on Tuesday.
IIRC , MN told AD she was there at 12.30 when she visited AD after 6 pm on Christmas eve.

Here's some info on that. According to Houston Chronicle, MN stopped by AD/SE’s house Friday night and told AD she had come to the house that morning looking for SE, and that Jonathan answered the door wearing no shirt, and it seemed like someone was in the house with him.

At the press conference, LE said that on Tuesday, detectives were looking for Mona because there was information that she had talked to Jonathan at about 12:30 on the day he went missing (Friday).

Houston Chronicle
That night, she said, Nelson stopped by the house. She told Davis she had come to the house that morning looking for Ennamorato, and that Jonathan had answered the door wearing no shirt, and it seemed like someone was in the house with him.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/chronicle/7356276.html

KVUE

Surveillance video from a business near the dump site showed a woman in a silver pickup truck stopping on the side of the road, taking a body out of the bed of the truck and leaving it in a ditch around 6 p.m. on Friday.

The body wasn’t discovered until Tuesday.

Meanwhile, detectives were looking for Nelson to question her – not as a suspect, but because she was said to have spoken to the boy around 12:30 p.m. the day he disappeared.

Investigators working the dump site believed the body was that of a child, so when they got the surveillance video, they sent an image of the woman and the truck to the detectives who were questioning Nelson.

Police said though the video appeared to show Nelson and her truck, she initially denied it was her.

http://www.kvue.com/news/state/112724844.html

HPD – Press Conference
Captain David Gott
Transcribed

With that information, they immediately contact our other homicide detectives who are working the scene over on Oak Street and a couple other locations over there looking for witnesses and canvassing the neighborhood. They were able to forward a photo of that truck to those detectives over there. A couple of the guys were looking for this woman named Mona at that time because there was information, not because she was a suspect in the case at that time, but there was information that she had actually talked to Jonathan at about 12:30 on the day he was missing. So just trying to find out what she had to say. While they were at that location they got the picture of the truck, they noticed that Mona’s driving a truck that looks remarkably similar. Obviously then, some of the focus gets a little bit stronger on Mona.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/video?id=7872370

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member