TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged with Murder - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a phone call to Mom's work THAT MORNING (Jonathan asking for SE's #), then ANOTHER CALL to work saying it's an emergency. Then Mom heads home, apparently at around 2 which was when she was originally supposed to get home. (1 or 2). Step Dad checks on him at 1:45 (did mom call SD and tell him to check on him?), says he's fine, but in the meantime, Mom is calling over and over on her way home and finally a raspy voiced woman answers, a few MOMENTS later mom pulls up and he is not there. Then at some point, she gets "a call threatening her son".

Now, add to that that Mona says she was there in the morning to get SE's #, well that appears to be true considering JF called to get #.

That is INCREDIBLY tight timing. Not saying it could not have happened, but it just don't feel right, it feels OFF.

I saw an interview somewhere on this thread today while catching up where the stepmom was blaming LE saying that they didn't react quickly enough. That they were treating the situation like he was a runaway.

Now my question is, if she told LE that she received "a call threatening her son" and her son is now missing how could they have treated him as a runaway?

Something is not adding up here. IMO, is this "mom" and "stepdad" have lied about anything that delayed justice for this innocent child then they should be sitting in jail too. I don't care if they lied about so much as how many times they used the toilet that day. Your child is missing! YOU DO NOT LIE, COVER UP, MISLEAD LE ABOUT ANYTHING!!!! (Sorry, rant over.)

We have a phone call to Mom's work THAT MORNING (Jonathan asking for SE's #), then ANOTHER CALL to work saying it's an emergency. Then Mom heads home, apparently at around 2 which was when she was originally supposed to get home. (1 or 2). Step Dad checks on him at 1:45 (did mom call SD and tell him to check on him?), says he's fine, but in the meantime, Mom is calling over and over on her way home and finally a raspy voiced woman answers, a few MOMENTS later mom pulls up and he is not there. Then at some point, she gets "a call threatening her son".

Now, add to that that Mona says she was there in the morning to get SE's #, well that appears to be true considering JF called to get #.

That is INCREDIBLY tight timing. Not saying it could not have happened, but it just don't feel right, it feels OFF.

IF Mom had called SD to check on him at 1:45 because she felt something was wrong...then why didn't SD just stay with Jonathan until Mom got there?
If Mom didn't call SD, then why was he there at 1:45?
What happened to SD after 1:45?

And with all the misinformation so far, makes me wonder what, if any of this, is TRUE. If this timeline is correct then Mom possibly passed MN's pickup as she drove up! And SD is placing himself at the scene of a kidnapping at or about the time it takes place....

Doesn't make sense.

IMHO, it would have been kind of strange to be burning on those days. It was in the mid to high 70s right before Christmas. Also, we had not had any rain for a significant time. I know we had a burn ban in my city. It was a little cooler at night though. I guess it would depend on whether or not a fireplace was available. My feeling is that she must have done it late in the night. If a neighbor happened to be up, it probably wouldn't have looked weird, weird to see smoke from a chimney at night.

I can't really see that well in the photos of the house, but it does not appear to be the type house that would have a fireplace. jmo

VERY TIGHT.
Has it been verified that SE was requested?
I find that more than strange and believe MN had SE phone number.

JMHO

I don't know that it has been verified, but you have to co-worker saying he called for her #, and then you have Mona saying she went by there to get the number, so I'm thinking that this part is true. What I can't figure out is would Jonathan let a "stranger" in in the first place, or did he know Mona? Because he just called to get the number and must not have sounded upset or anything or the co-worker would have noticed. so after going around and round....I think JF knew Mona too.

ETA....Maybe SE had just had her number changed or something.....maybe even to avoid Mona.

My guess is that he is trying to win back his wife.

we don't know what all they've been throuygh in terms of drug/recovery...seems like they were trying to be a family. Chances are that if either of them found drugs to be the answer to life stresses, that they just as likely have little training in terms of parenting skills. Just saying.

I'm guessing that many people probably had their 'suspicions' but were too afraid to speak them. Think about his empty threat earlier...look at him...seriously, if he in the back of his mind had even the slightest idea it was her, even having the desire to avenge...

I think we should try to be a bit sympathetic here, and now...the poor family has been through so much.

You bring up some excellent points that may very well be true.
My main concerns are with the roommate.
I feel safe to say she knew MN longer than the Mom or SD.
The video with her totally gave me more than pause.
Much more so than the SD video.

JMHO

I know there are more articles out there with the step-father's statement:

David Davis told investigators that Jonathan was home playing video games when he went to check on the boy at 1:45 p.m. Friday.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/st...-that-of-missing-boy-925549.php#ixzz19cALpXTU

And Mom talks about there being video games on when she got home....so I think we are seeing bits of truth here and there. So if he was there at 1:45, how in the hello did he miss Mona? Or was he lying and JF was already gone? My head hurts.

You bring up some excellent points that may very well be true.
My main concerns are with the roommate.
I feel safe to say she knew MN longer than the Mom or SD.
The video with her totally gave me more than pause.
Much more so than the SD video.

JMHO

Boz, have you got the linkage to the roommate video handy?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered.

Based on the timeline:

Jonathan was kidnapped on 12/24
Remains were found on 12/28

What wasn't said in the PC hearing is when the body of Jonathan was disposed. Was it the 24, 25, 26, 27, or 28th? How many days did this monster have him. The surveillance tape should have a date/time stamp right?

I really wish we had this piece of info.

MOO

Mel

I don't know that it has been verified, but you have to co-worker saying he called for her #, and then you have Mona saying she went by there to get the number, so I'm thinking that this part is true. What I can't figure out is would Jonathan let a "stranger" in in the first place, or did he know Mona? Because he just called to get the number and must not have sounded upset or anything or the co-worker would have noticed. so after going around and round....I think JF knew Mona too.

ETA....Maybe SE had just had her number changed or something.....maybe even to avoid Mona.

Now that could be the truth.
And not trying to razz you.
You know how I feel about this roommate situation.
It is bothering me to no end.

JMHO

And with all the misinformation so far, makes me wonder what, if any of this, is TRUE. If this timeline is correct then Mom possibly passed MN's pickup as she drove up! And SD is placing himself at the scene of a kidnapping at or about the time it takes place....

Doesn't make sense.

SD was either not there at 1:45 or was there and involved. I don't see it any other way.

That is an eerie thought about mom passing MN! Breaks my heart.

There is something odd about this.
I wonder if Mona who is the 'suspect' is, in fact, the 'hitman/woman' for someone. Perhaps Mom owed money to a loanshark or 'dealer' and this was a 'hit' of sorts. Its brutal and terrible, but it would explain why the boy was asked if Angela was his mother.
I'm also wondering if perhaps the police are hoping the suspect will lead them to the person behind the enforcer. She might have agreed to take the rap, if there would be a rap as part of an agreement of some sort. Not sure why.

I wonder if Mona who is the 'suspect' is, in fact, the 'hitman/woman' for someone. Perhaps Mom owed money to a loanshark or 'dealer' and this was a 'hit' of sorts. Its brutal and terrible, but it would explain why the boy was asked if Angela was his mother.
I'm also wondering if perhaps the police are hoping the suspect will lead them to the person behind the enforcer. She might have agreed to take the rap, if there would be a rap as part of an agreement of some sort. Not sure why.

I completely agree. She looks like a person who could be for hire. Appears to be very cold blooded in my opinion.

I just heard about the the phone calls being threatening this morning. Did AD say that or was that reported by the media with no back up?

I'm wondering if Mona the suspect is actually the hired cleanup/disposal crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror