TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged with Murder - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
*graphic*

If he were rolled in a rug or carpet and then that was tied around him and the whole bundle was burned, then (a) synthetic carpet could have melted to the body, making identification difficult, and (b) depending on the type of rope or twine used, some of it may have remained with the body after.

Maybe this seems unlikely. Actually, yes, it does seem unlikely. But I really don't want to think of this baby with his hands bound, and it seemed that LE were able to identify him relatively quickly; maybe because his hair or recognizable clothing were not totally destroyed? (Or maybe Houston LE/ME are just super fast at obtaining & comparing dental records?) It just seemed to me that even before the remains were confirmed to be his, LE was pretty confident they had located him.

A bundle like that may have been easier to transport and drop once it cooled, too. If the bed of the truck was open, it may not have been as recognizable, IYKWIM?

Do we know what date/time she was taped dropping him in the culvert? TIA!

Have we gotten the true address for Mona yet, maybe from the arrest record (not sure if that is posted for safety reasons.)

If anyone has it, or did already google map it, I would love to see it. I would like to see how close Mona's neighbors are in relation to hers.

Edit:ynotdivein, you have some great points. Now I wonder were the hell she took it all. I was under the impression she was at her house when the act was done.

Investigators said the suspect met Jonathan’s stepdad two weeks before the boy vanished, and witnesses said they’d seen her around the apartment complex, near 43rd Street and Shepherd, where the stepfather lived.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/HPD-defends-Amber-Alert-delay-112574489.html

IMO, I find Mona to be rather street-smart and if the investigators showed up at her residence on Tuesday and then returned on Wednesday to arrest Mona, you would think Mona would have removed the twine etc. from her place on Tuesday. JMO

Bump-MN's home and alleged crime scene located approx. 10 miles from the home Jonathan was abducted from.

Address is 8829 Allwood, Houston.
eta-she lived in a garage apt. behind the home

Bumping for those with more advanced screen-cap skillz...

ETA--if she lived in the garage behind the house then I can envision a couple of burning scenarios that may not have attracted too much attention... off to google-map...

BBM

Im confused why everyone says DD didnt know JF. Jf lived with his Granny for a year before he went to live with his mom. I would assume they probley had frequent contact in that years time. JMO

That being said in no way do i condone slapping any child for any reason. I think Mom was right to move out to protect JF.

BBM

Yes, it appears that SDad may have had frequent contact with JF during the year before JF moved in with the couple. Uncle has been uneasy for a year, and believes JF wasn't "in a good place to begin with."

BBM
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7869821

In November 2009, Jonathan returned to Texas to live with his grandmother. It was not his uncle's decision. He did not know the boy was living with his sister again. He says he has never heard of Mona Nelson, but for a year he has not been at ease.

"All I can say is that I don't think he was in a good place to begin with
," Scrimsher said.

cbk

8829 Allwood, Houston TX (Nelson's):

http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=8829+a...code_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBUQ8gEwAA

From 815 Oak St.(Jonathan's) to 8829 Allwood (Nelson's):

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=815+Oak+Street,+Houston,+TX,+United+States&daddr=8829+Allwood+St,+Houston,+TX+77016,+USA&hl=en&geocode=FXNBxwEdvRpQ-imhnJ3LlcdAhjEt5pKw3jAktQ%3BFX1ZxwEd96pR-intXz2JirlAhjHzijbFa16vcQ&gl=ca&mra=ls&sll=29.841789,-95.311113&sspn=0.004039,0.008669&g=8829+Allwood+St,+Houston,+TX+77016,+USA&ie=UTF8&z=12

Investigators said the suspect met Jonathan’s stepdad two weeks before the boy vanished, and witnesses said they’d seen her around the apartment complex, near 43rd Street and Shepherd, where the stepfather lived.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/HPD-defends-Amber-Alert-delay-112574489.html

IMO, I find Mona to be rather street-smart and if the investigators showed up at her residence on Tuesday and then returned on Wednesday to arrest Mona, you would think Mona would have removed the twine etc. from her place on Tuesday. JMO

I do as well and personally will want to hear it straight from LE they went to her home Tuesday night and left without her.
For the love of Pete they had the video tape.
I firmly believe this is another example of bad reporting.

JMHO

I do as well and personally will want to hear it straight from LE they went to her home Tuesday night and left without her.
For the love of Pete they had the video tape.
I firmly believe this is another example of bad reporting.

JMHO

If they went to her home on Tuesday night, I am surprised she did not leave there and was home when they came back Wednesday. And I am surprised they found any evidence in the home. jmo

I know I should RTFT, but could someone lay out the facts for me (and anyone else) who is just tuning (back) in? Was the 3 ft body Jonathan? Nancy Grace had something else on last night.

Im going to be in the minority here Im sure. Im gonna hold off on judgment of DD until we have more facts. I truely understand where all the statements about him are comming from. I just dont think a bad vocabulary, off the cuff crude statements, and suspected drug activity make him guilty of being a part of harming JF.

So for the time being Im seeing him as a grieving person who is acting out in anger. Which In this situation seems perfectly normal to me. I didnt know JF at all and im mad as he77. JMO

I'm inclined to agree with you. If LE found evidence DD or AD were involved, they would have arrested them by now. At this point, they're just grieving, like the rest of the family and perhaps feeling a little guilty that they didn't prevent the tragedy. They may have inadvertently exposed JF to people living risky, dangerous lifestyles, but the mom appears to have done what she could to protect him. Her judgment may not have been the best, but she wasn't experienced in parenting.

:waitasec:
And I am to believe the SD had only known MN for 2 weeks?
Mom and Jonathan moved to SE home on or around December 14th.
And per witnesses MN had been seen at the apartment complex where SD lived.

So again I ask where in the world did the Mom meet her new roommate and how long had she known her?

This is crucial information to the case in my eyes.
Not pointing fingers at anyone here but these issues are a bit too convenient for me.
Coincidences do not exist in CRIMES.

JMHO

If you google-map 8802 Dandy St., you see the property that is directly behind Mona's garage apartment. It's an empty lot; there's no alley between the two properties, but there appears to be a fence and although there's a tiny house set far back on the Dandy property, IMO there would not be a direct view into the yard that is between house and garage at the Allwood property.

Davis denies knowing Mona Nelson for more than a few days.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7869821

If AD knew MN for no more than a few days, and met MN for the first time on the evening of her son's disappearance>did MN keep dropping by for neighborly visits after the murder?

Looks like she was trying to cover herself and implicate someone else...

Davis said that Nelson stopped by the house that night, telling her that she had come to the house that morning looking for Ennamorato, and that Jonathan had answered the door wearing no shirt, and it seemed like someone was in the house with him.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/7359384.html

Does anyone know the time/date of when Mona disposed of the remains? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members