TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged with Murder - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just using the original text provide by a LE officer quoted by the police as the mother initally said he was going to the babysitter's home, then changed her initial story out of shame and embarrassment that he was possibly left home alone. In my warped way of thinking, since we are going by the text of the Amber Alert put out by police that he may be in the company of a rapsy voiced woman vs. he is went to the babysitter's house to get stuff...which is in all of the original reports where the mother is quoted...this is odd. Maybe facts are odd. Maybe I am concerned that a mom wouldn't just say from the jump she got a phone call vs. the original story that was circulated with family/mother quotes that he originally went to the babysitter's home and didn't show back up. JMO. I keep providing the same links over and over...and over and over. She originally said FACT he went to the babysitter's home to get stuff and never came home...my question to you is WHY do you think this somehow is NOT weird?????

carried over from thread 5.

I think it is possible Mom relayed what she heard from SD and if he told her the boy left to go get something - then technically she was not lying.

Also, My reason for asking was solely to clear up any misinfo on statements as fact that the calls to the mothers employer were proven fabrication when there has been nothing reported via MSM to show the calls to and from moms work never happened.

hth

link to the missing persons info only and family support thread (this is a NON discussion thread for info and family support only) for Jonathans case as requested in thread 5.

Feel free to share condolences, kind words and thoughts in the following thread if you wish to do so outside of this discussion thread.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123650"]TX TX - Endangered Missing: Jonathan Foster (12) - Houston - 24 Dec 2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I can't keep up with y'all.

Ok, I have a question that has probably been answered already.

Just when did mom tell LE about the strange phone call? Was she forthcoming immediately or did she wait till right before the press reported it Monday night along with the revelation that she lied about the babysitter and video game? Or am I confused? I probably have all this wrong. Someone straighten me out.

ETA: LittleBitty35 it was your post that got me thinking.

carried over from thread 5.

I think it is possible Mom relayed what she heard from SD and if he told her the boy left to go get something - then technically she was not lying.

Also, My reason for asking was solely to clear up any misinfo on statements as fact that the calls to the mothers employer were proven fabrication when there has been nothing reported via MSM to show the calls to and from moms work never happened.

hth

I know. :) Just trying to use your wit to bring the whole thing to boil. Get my drift. I was drafting off your smart question??? :great: By that, I mean, was hoping it would get the thread on track. Sorry if in any way I was being a meanie...I just figured with your intellect you'd get it...and you did. Good on you!!! :rocker:

It doesn't however diminsh what could have been had he not gone to live with her...something is off. Just off with the mom... :(

OmG! This is just heartwrenching about mom and blood boiling at the gall of Mona to come to their home that night and make the statements below...sociopath...

snip~
Then a woman called back, saying it was an emergency. By the time Angela made it to the phone, she said, the line was dead.
Concerned, Angela called the house phone again and again as she drove to the cottage, she said. Someone picked up just minutes before she pulled up around 2 p.m.
A woman answered, she said, and Angela identified herself and asked to speak her son. She heard a woman say: "Is your mama's name Angela?" she said.
And she heard Jonathan say: "Yes ma'am, my mama's name is Angela." And then the phone went dead.
When she opened the door moments later, cartoons were still on the TV, and a game was up on the computer screen. A can of Tootsie rolls sat on the computer desk.
"I hollered, 'Jonathan, mama's home! Where are you?'" There was no answer.
"The only thing missing in this house is his tan T-shirt with a guitar on it, a pair of jeans, his white sneakers and his black stuffed cat that my grandmother made him," Davis said. "There was no struggle."
That night, she said, Nelson stopped by the house. She told Davis she had come to the house that morning looking for Ennamorato, and that Jonathan had answered the door wearing no shirt, and it seemed like someone was in the house with him.
~end snip
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7356276.html

So its alleged that Nelson kidnapped JF, took him to her apartment. Later that evening, AD alleges Nelson went back over to AD's house and said she had been there earlier. All this while AD was lying to police about the circumstances of JF was missing. Hinky.

SuziQ, I don't think we have a creditable time frame or source for the question you ask. It's a stew at this point.

I want to thank the hard-working mods for keeping us all in line. This is an emotional case and I appreciate how professional and fantastic you all are.

Remember for Jonathan sake let's keep this thread moving and always on topic. No room for the type of forum games other places play. Those just don't work on Websleuths.

One quick thing I wanted to mention.

I have personally worked with Isabelle Zehnder. Isabelle is a reporter for the Examiner.com

Some of you don't hold the Examiner.com in high regard which is your right.

I just want to assure you that after working with Isabelle on other cases through the Examiner.com I can say without question she is thorough, hard-working, honest, and works literally day and night to get to the real truth.

She worked hard today to talk to the Houston Police to get some things cleared up about this case.
http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...ase-houston-police-clears-conflicting-reports

Isabelle is a fantastic reporter and person I trust. When she posts a report at the Examiner I know the facts have been checked, sources have spoken to her, and she has made sure what she posts is correct.

Thank you so much for caring about Jonathan and all of our cases on Websleuths. You are incredible.

Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com

That morning at work, a colleague told Angela her son had called the office, and had asked for Ennamorato's number. She was only told about the call after the fact, she said.

Then a woman called back, saying it was an emergency. By the time Angela made it to the phone, she said, the line was dead.

Concerned, Angela called the house phone again and again as she drove to the cottage, she said. Someone picked up just minutes before she pulled up around 2 p.m.

My thinking on this... IMO, the mother and sf are in no way directly involved. JF was left home alone, and told to stay put and not let anyone in. Being a typical kid, he remembered that he'd left a video game over at the other place (sf apartment) and ran over there to get it. Since he wasn't supposed to go out, he probably didn't have a key - so he left the door unlocked.

While he's gone, Mona stops by to see roommate (or if she worked across the street, it's even possible she saw him leave.) Finds place unlocked and figures she'll go in and help herself to a few things (maybe possessions, maybe drugs). Only, JF comes back and finds her in the house. He grabs the phone and calls mom - but gets someone else at office.

Mona thinks quickly and gets the phone away from him and says there is an emergency - when mom calls back, Mona answers and hangs up, but pretends to be on the phone with mom and leads JF to believe that his mother wants her to take him somewhere. He willingly walks out the door with her - she probably still has the phone in the other hand or just shoves it in her pocket hence the missing phone.

Then, Mona goes over there that night with the story about being there earlier and speaking to JF because either she fears someone saw her, or she had told someone she was going to drop in to see roommate. She might also have been fishing to see just what info police had.

Mona Nelson has made what investigators call a self-serving statement, which places her with Jonathan. However, she has not admitted to killing him," said HPD spokesman Kese Smith. "She is the only suspect".

A break in the case came when Nelson's Ford F-150 truck was spotted on surveillance video taken from an office building near the culvert.

Investigators spent hours Wednesday questioning Nelson. They believe she took Jonathan to her home near US-59 and Laura Koppe, where she likely killed him and burned his body, said HPD homicide investigator Mike Miller.

He said a search of Nelson's house turned up an "incredible amount of evidence" that points to Nelson as the killer, but investigators are still trying to discern her motive.

"That's the million-dollar question," Miller said.

Thank you wondergirl for the link and valuable information.
I am so appalled by this child's murder. I however am very glad the accused is in jail.

Prayers to you RENEE and your family.

I can't keep up with y'all.

Ok, I have a question that has probably been answered already.

Just when did mom tell LE about the strange phone call? Was she forthcoming immediately or did she wait till right before the press reported it Monday night along with the revelation that she lied about the babysitter and video game? Or am I confused? I probably have all this wrong. Someone straighten me out.

ETA: LittleBitty35 it was your post that got me thinking.

That was a good post... they must have gotten it before the AA went out. She more than likely told them when the cops first arrived on Friday.

I'm still wondering about the stepfather. I don't want to anger anyone but I still have suspicions about him. He saw Jonathan at 1:45. Was he allowed to go over and check on him? Was he one of the emergency contacts in case there was a problem or was he considered one of the problems? This breakup is such a timing coincidence and most of us on here don't like coincidences.

I'm confident that LE has arrested an involved party of the disappearance, murder and disposal of poor Jonathan. I just have some lingering doubts about her being the only person involved. JMO

This is my concern as well. Jonathan may have been left alone at the new home then went to DD's home to retrieve the video game. It's unclear to me if the phone calls to mom's work were made from the new or old home. I'm also not convinced Mona is the only person involved in his death. Just too many in consistencies.

This is my concern as well. Jonathan may have been left alone at the new home then went to DD's home to retrieve the video game. It's unclear to me if the phone calls to mom's work were made from the new or old home. I'm also not convinced Mona is the only person involved in his death. Just too many in consistencies.

I'm not sure that Jonathan went anywhere to get video games, wasn't that discredited as well (so confused at this point).

Also, if he did go to the SF's to get a video game, why did he check on Jonathan? Did he walk Jonathan to the cottage where JF was staying at 1:45? I thought many media sources (I realize that there as so many problems with these sources now) stated the the SF last saw Jonathan at 1:45 and that he had checked on him. JMO

That morning at work, a colleague told Angela her son had called the office, and had asked for Ennamorato's number. She was only told about the call after the fact, she said.

This sounds to me like Mona made Jonathan call to get Sharon E's number. Mona went there looking for Sharon for some reason. What could it possibly be and does it lead to Mona's motive for taking Jonathan or was he just in her way?

I don't know what the roommate/babysitter's connection with Mona is but I'm thinking it's pretty important. MOO

Wonder if one of the pieces of evidence at Mona's home was the missing phone?

Mona telling AD and DD that JF was home in the morning, with his shirt off, and that she didn't think he was alone, in my opinion, was her way of planting the idea that a sexual predator took JF. It also makes me suspicious that Mona may be a predator herself.

According to http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7356276.html
JF called AD earlier in the day to get SE's phone number, which backs up Mona stopping by the house to see SE, I think.

My thinking on this... IMO, the mother and sf are in no way directly involved. JF was left home alone, and told to stay put and not let anyone in. Being a typical kid, he remembered that he'd left a video game over at the other place (sf apartment) and ran over there to get it. Since he wasn't supposed to go out, he probably didn't have a key - so he left the door unlocked.

While he's gone, Mona stops by to see roommate (or if she worked across the street, it's even possible she saw him leave.) Finds place unlocked and figures she'll go in and help herself to a few things (maybe possessions, maybe drugs). Only, JF comes back and finds her in the house. He grabs the phone and calls mom - but gets someone else at office.

Mona thinks quickly and gets the phone away from him and says there is an emergency - when mom calls back, Mona answers and hangs up, but pretends to be on the phone with mom and leads JF to believe that his mother wants her to take him somewhere. He willingly walks out the door with her - she probably still has the phone in the other hand or just shoves it in her pocket hence the missing phone.

Then, Mona goes over there that night with the story about being there earlier and speaking to JF because either she fears someone saw her, or she had told someone she was going to drop in to see roommate. She might also have been fishing to see just what info police had.

So why would Mona kidnap JF and take him to her apartment? Seems it would be easier to make an excuse to AD, saying JF was mistaken if he thought she was trying to steal something. Being accused by a kid of stealing something from the apartment doesn't justify kidnapping and later killing him, MOO.

It has been reported he was not at babysitters and did not run home to retrieve a video game.

Yes...it is...it sheds a lot of light and has me in tears...again!

Me too eonsavoice. I mostly read here now but this tragic case grabbed my heartstrings and caused me to come out of lookdom. Here's some kleenex, I can't seem to stop crying about this boy's death.
Thankfully you great people at WS are keeping the updates current and the discussion as honest and heartfelt as possible.:blowkiss:

So why would Mona kidnap JF and take him to her apartment? Seems it would be easier to make an excuse to AD, saying JF was mistaken if he thought she was trying to steal something. Being accused by a kid of stealing something from the apartment doesn't justify kidnapping and later killing him, MOO.

I said this same thing to my hubby just a bit ago...seems the easy/logical thing would be to make an excuse for her presence to JF than the horrific act of murdering him. He likely would have accepted her explanation-especially if he had seen her/met her because of her connection to the roommate.

Sounds to Mona like she stopped by that morning. The two questions I have:

1) Did DD see JF at 1:45? Or was JF already gone at that time? Has the 1:45 check by DD been recanted?

2) Did Mona return again that afternoon and take JF?

I think it's possible that JF was not at home when AD was on her way home. Portable phones have quite a reach, especially if you live close to another home - or apt complex. My guess is that JF took the phone with him and left. He made those calls from somewhere close by but not home. Maybe that's why Mona says she was there that morning (to cover her tracks in case someone saw her) but not that afternoon: b/c she wasn't there then. She ran into (or lured) JF somewhere else.

All just MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member