TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged with Murder - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

My guess is that Mona came to the house desperate to find the roomate to settle some kind of score. She had JF call his Mom to get the roomate's phone number. When Mom couldn't get on the phone, Mona called back and said it was an emergency. if she was enraged with anger and or drugs, looking to settle a score with the roomate, she could have taken it out on Jonathan. Poor baby was at the wrong place at the wrong time and ran into an enraged lunatic.

I said this same thing to my hubby just a bit ago...seems the easy/logical thing would be to make an excuse for her presence to JF than the horrific act of murdering him. He likely would have accepted her explanation-especially if he had seen her/met her because of her connection to the roommate.

Seems like police have no idea of any possible motive.
With the information we have now, I have no idea what a motive could be either.
Seems like if Jonathan interrupted a burglary, it would be easier to make something up rather than kidnapping and murder. A sex motive doesn't seem at all likely either since the suspect is female.

It has been reported he was not at babysitters and did not run home to retrieve a video game.

Given the variety of things that have been reported, I'm not sure of much - but sources currently seem to agree that: 1. He was at mom/roommates place alone, and 2. Step dad claims to have seen him at some point.

I'm thinking that could indicate that he had gone to step-dad's place to get something (perhaps a video game).

And in answer to the question in another post re why Mona would do something to the boy rather than just pretend she was there to see the roommate - well, he could have caught her red-handed (possibly even with a bag of drugs in her hands - most 12 yr olds today would be astute enough to recognize illegal drugs.) For that matter, given her long arrest record, she might have figured one more arrest would put her away for a long time and just panicked.

I said this same thing to my hubby just a bit ago...seems the easy/logical thing would be to make an excuse for her presence to JF than the horrific act of murdering him. He likely would have accepted her explanation-especially if he had seen her/met her because of her connection to the roommate.

I think to you or I - and most people - that would seem logical: why cover up a small crime with a murder? But it's reported often - that someone comes home to spoil a burglary and are killed. First of all, I don't think most criminals are very intelligent and don't see the logic the way we do. But, secondly, I wonder if someone with a criminal record knows what one more crime will do - probably land them back in the slammer. And being seasoned criminals, they see the person as an obstacle in their path rather than a valued human being. So they get rid of the problem... :(

I think to you or I - and most people - that would seem logical: why cover up a small crime with a murder? But it's reported often - that someone comes home to spoil a burglary and are killed. First of all, I don't think most criminals are very intelligent and don't see the logic the way we do. But, secondly, I wonder if someone with a criminal record knows what one more crime will do - probably land them back in the slammer. And being seasoned criminals, they see the person as an obstacle in their path rather than a valued human being. So they get rid of the problem... :(
I am not buying that as a motive.
He is a 12 year old kid apparently with severe ADD.
It'd be pretty easy to tell him some story, especially since the suspect knew either the family (according to some reports) or the roommate.

Just bringing forward a post from Springmom in the previous thread. She was quoting messages from Stormy, a WS'er who went by the neighborhood and talked to residents. It seems neighbors who knew the family and the perp thought it was the result of a drug deal gone bad...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5944306#post5944306"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5944306#post5944306[/ame]

Just rumor, of course.

I think all these things are now facts but help me if I'm wrong

1. Jonathan went missing from Sharon's residence, he and his mom had been calling that place home since December 14th
2. Mona has been called a friend by Sharon, a friend who worked at the apartments across the street
3. David Davis, the husband of Jonathan's mother, JP's step father, told LE he saw JP at or around 1:45pm
4. Mona says she saw and talked to JP at the door of Sharon's home and he did not have a shirt on
5. Mona says she didn't think JP was home alone
6. Angela Davis, JP's mom, received strange calls at work that were answered by a coworker
7. Angela left work because of these calls and went home to find JP gone
8. Mona comes by Sharon's while the search for JP is getting underway, this is when Angela says she meets Mona the first time
9. LE found evidence on the video that lead them to a suspect
10. Mona's vehicle is seen on video at or near the culvert
11. Mona is questioned by LE and admits to seeing JP
12. LE has arrested Mona for capital murder
11. LE found evidence on the video that lead them to a suspect

I just read the article linked and have some questions.
Why would MN need SE's number? Were they not acquaintances? (Drugs)
Why would taking JP to Grandma's uproot him since he just started school? Were they not on Christmas break?
Why? Why? Why are LE just learning about MN and only through surveillance video if she showed up that very night and said, Yeah, I was in your house today, saw JP and someone else was here with him, I think?.
Good God!

maureen718, those are the facts i have, but they have been subject to change.. and then change and change one more time for good measure.

there is still no motive, just to be clear for the thread.
(this post has nothing to do with yours, maureen. just so the thread understands that there is no understanding yet.)

What is it about drugs that make people think the rest of us are going to believe such crap coming out of their mouths?
Sorry guys, but I am mad as hell!!

Why would MN need SE's number? Were they not acquaintances?
Why would taking JP to Grandma's uproot him since he just started school? Were they not on Christmas break?
Why? Why? Why are LE just learning about MN and only through surveillance video if she showed up that very night and said, Yeah, I was in your house today, saw JP and someone else was here with him, I think?.
Good God!

As LE has said numerous times, they've had a difficult time gathering the facts of this case because so many of friends and family stories keep changing or contradict one another. It appears some friends and family have reasons to cover something up or shade the truth.

ETA: I have a hunch LE has known about MN for a while, that's why they moved quickly once the body was discovered and the video revealed. Big question, though difficult to ask, how long did MN keep JF alive at her apt.?

I am not buying that as a motive.
He is a 12 year old kid apparently with severe ADD.
It'd be pretty easy to tell him some story, especially since the suspect knew either the family (according to some reports) or the roommate.

You could be right - there could be some other motive. But I don't believe that his ADD makes him any more gullible to believe what someone tells him. ADD does not equate to lower intelligence. And children who are 12 can tell if something suspicious is going on. So I don't think that has any bearing here. :twocents:

Why would MN need SE's number? Were they not acquaintances?
Good God!

MN might not have SE's work or cell number if they were just casual acquaintances. MN worked across the street from SE's home so maybe just talked while there.

I think Angela meant she didn't want to permanently move JP to Grandma's. He had been staying at Grandma's for a few days before Christmas Eve.

I don't think LE only learned about Mona from the video. In one article I read Angela said she thought info she provided to LE about who all came to around that day helped them zero in on the perp. (I'll look for the link)

I'm not sure that Jonathan went anywhere to get video games, wasn't that discredited as well (so confused at this point).

Also, if he did go to the SF's to get a video game, why did he check on Jonathan? Did he walk Jonathan to the cottage where JF was staying at 1:45? I thought many media sources (I realize that there as so many problems with these sources now) stated the the SF last saw Jonathan at 1:45 and that he had checked on him. JMO

Original reports were that SF came home and found JF playing video games, not that he checked on him. Makes me think it was SF's apt. that SF last saw Jonathan,not at the cottage.

after we have all the facts this case will still not make any sense

At first I thought it odd that Mona would come back that night, and then not so much maybe. I heard Marc Klaas once say that the perps often come back to see if anyone suspects what happened. They have even been known to go on searches. :eek:

I can't fathom it. They must be cold as ice to be able to go on with such a charade.

And I doubt LE does know a motive right now. Mona is probably just saying "I want a lawyer" and that's about it.

Original reports were that SF came home and found JF playing video games, not that he checked on him. Makes me think it was SF's apt. that SF last saw Jonathan,not at the cottage.

If that's true, then it would fit with the timeline of the owner of the house saying that JF was gone from 1:30 to 2:30. Now how the owner would know this, I have no idea.

I'll look for that quote...

ETA: Here it is:

http://www.39online.com/news/local/kiah-foster-investigation-story,0,3306091.story

"..."He was here by himself and he was gone between 1:30 and 2:30 [p.m.], that's all I know," said babysitter Sharon Ennamorato, whose house Jonathan was last seen at. "We know a lady answered my phone, we don't know and there was supposed to be nobody in this house."...

So why would Mona kidnap JF and take him to her apartment? Seems it would be easier to make an excuse to AD, saying JF was mistaken if he thought she was trying to steal something. Being accused by a kid of stealing something from the apartment doesn't justify kidnapping and later killing him, MOO.

Good post and I have thought about this.... imo, the above is plausible if JF was in the apartment when Mona entered. however if he walked in on her with whatever she was taking that changes the scenario - she is red handed with something and panicks not wanting to go back to prison.

I hope LE looks if there have been a rash of burglaries in the apartments she manages. Especially if she has keys to all of them!

jmo

That was a good post... they must have gotten it before the AA went out. She more than likely told them when the cops first arrived on Friday.

BBM. I wish I could be sure of that.

I think all these things are now facts but help me if I'm wrong

1. Jonathan went missing from Sharon's residence, he and his mom had been calling that place home since December 14th
2. Mona has been called a friend by Sharon, a friend who worked at the apartments across the street
3. David Davis, the husband of Jonathan's mother, JP's step father, told LE he saw JP at or around 1:45pm
4. Mona says she saw and talked to JP at the door of Sharon's home and he did not have a shirt on
5. Mona says she didn't think JP was home alone
6. Angela Davis, JP's mom, received strange calls at work that were answered by a coworker
7. Angela left work because of these calls and went home to find JP gone

...and calls home again en route and shortly before her 2pm arrival home

7a - Angela says there are no signs of a struggle

8. Mona comes by Sharon's while the search for JP is getting underway, this is when Angela says she meets Mona the first time
9. LE found evidence on the video that lead them to a suspect
10. Mona's vehicle is seen on video at or near the culvert
11. Mona is questioned by LE and admits to seeing JP
12. LE has arrested Mona for capital murder
11. LE found evidence on the video that lead them to a suspect

Between stepdads visit and moms arrival home, the accused entered the home, made a couple of calls, and left with a child.
No one seems to have seen or heard anything. The parents covered their own shortcomings. The police were a little slow to react (well they told the family to call to the station to file a missing child report), and the world is missing another innocent child.

At times like this, my own faith is questioned. The world is left with less than stellar parents, a killer capable of gruesome acts, and robbed of a child. There is no justice in that picture.

Renee, how I wish I could reach through the screen and hug you personally.

I do not mean to sound so judgmental, I just wish we could unravel the 'why' of such horrors, so that we could somehow prevent them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500