GUILTY TX - Jose, 3, & Guillermo Garcia, 1, stabbed to death, San Antonio, 2 Feb 2010

I understand the generalizations made about the "system". I read the news as well and understand where those generalizations come from. However, what is said in the news is 1) not always true, and 2) not representative of MOST cases. Of most cases that make the news, yes, but of most cases overall, no.
I am glad to see that people realize in this case, there really didn't seem to be any red flags.

I understand the generalizations made about the "system". I read the news as well and understand where those generalizations come from. However, what is said in the news is 1) not always true, and 2) not representative of MOST cases. Of most cases that make the news, yes, but of most cases overall, no.
I am glad to see that people realize in this case, there really didn't seem to be any red flags.

Hi Lyn...:)
I am not sure if you are working within the "system" and I am not here to offend you if you are.
But I'm old enough to have known many people working in the "system" the good ones are very often frustrated as well, because their hands are tied in some cases, or as it had been mentioned their case load is overwhelming to manage each family properly.
I knew one woman who loved her job and cried like a baby because she could not get to all the babies she felt for deeply, and her supervisor told her, "You can either handle this job or not, let me know by Friday". I can not consider that helpful. :( So what she did is work on her days off because she loved those babies, after 4 years she had to quit because she was beyond exhusted.
So IMHO the majority of cases are not in good hands even if the Social worker cares, not everyone will give you 7 days :(

To me it looks like we need more police men too, and many people have no jobs, just look at the JC Duagrd Case as an example - they need much more LE at Contra Costa County. and they need far more Social workers in the system too.

Yes it would create jobs, yes it would help the system.
MOO

Hi Lyn...:)
I am not sure if you are working within the "system" and I am not here to offend you if you are.
But I'm old enough to have known many people working in the "system" the good ones are very often frustrated as well, because their hands are tied in some cases, or as it had been mentioned their case load is overwhelming to manage each family properly.
I knew one woman who loved her job and cried like a baby because she could not get to all the babies she felt for deeply, and her supervisor told her, "You can either handle this job or not, let me know by Friday". I can not consider that helpful. :( So what she did is work on her days off because she loved those babies, after 4 years she had to quit because she was beyond exhusted.
So IMHO the majority of cases are not in good hands even if the Social worker cares, not everyone will give you 7 days :(

To me it looks like we need more police men too, and many people have no jobs, just look at the JC Duagrd Case as an example - they need much more LE at Contra Costa County. and they need far more Social workers in the system too.

Yes it would create jobs, yes it would help the system.
MOO

'they need euthanasia at contra costa county'

fixed it for you :)

kbl--I'm not sure you even know how true your statement is. Totally disregarding Jaycee, you named one of the most crooked and corrupt counties in the nation IMO. I've worked with them, around them, and fought against them for twenty years--representing adoptive families. Man......

This is not to say that there aren't some great individual workers in CC County but systemically, it's a mess. I try so hard to give CPS/DHS the benefit of the doubt as they've been integral to our lives for the last 20 some odd years--I know what they are up against and I read the budgets and watch the funding streams (yes).

We've raised our kids in "partnership with the system". I work by butt off and I have high expectations of workers. I am honored to know some fine ones and am in awe of their tenacity and ability to walk in that door each morning to attempt to save another child or put a family back on track.

However, I'm certainly not afraid to yell the loudest when I see something wrong or find waving red flags which no one is responding to.

We're on the same page.

kbl--I'm not sure you even know how true your statement is. Totally disregarding Jaycee, you named one of the most crooked and corrupt counties in the nation IMO. I've worked with them, around them, and fought against them for twenty years--representing adoptive families. Man......

This is not to say that there aren't some great individual workers in CC County but systemically, it's a mess. I try so hard to give CPS/DHS the benefit of the doubt as they've been integral to our lives for the last 20 some odd years--I know what they are up against and I read the budgets and watch the funding streams (yes).

We've raised our kids in "partnership with the system". I work by butt off and I have high expectations of workers. I am honored to know some fine ones and am in awe of their tenacity and ability to walk in that door each morning to attempt to save another child or put a family back on track.

However, I'm certainly not afraid to yell the loudest when I see something wrong or find waving red flags which no one is responding to.

We're on the same page.

lol and my point was seriously not even about dhs or cps lol ;)

You guys are going to have to help me out here. I don't have a TV or watch movies (the darned SCA seizures) so I have no idea what's been going on in film and TV for the past 6 years.

Are there any series or films, aimed at the late teen/twenty something audience where stabbing of babies has been featured? Don't mothers far more commonly drown their children or throw them into water? Stabbing surprises me. I agree with Texas Mist, are we missing something? Who could look at that cute little house and think a woman stabbed her baby in the kitchen?

Are or have these women been on some pychotropic med? Is it PPD? This is getting far past "odd.

"The boy was airlifted to the University of Michigan Hospital where he underwent surgery. He is currently in stable condition and expected to survive."

This line was just added to the article linked above. Thank God. I think there's a pic of her and her son on her FB page--at the little guy's one year birthday. What is going on?

'they need euthanasia at contra costa county'

fixed it for you :)

For the most part you'd have to go to Switzerland for euthanasia to be legal.
If I am not mistaken there is one state in the US that made it legal, it wont help in Contra Costa County, where it would be much appriciated and approved by me. LOL :)
Found it:
Only the states of Oregon and Washington permit physician-assisted suicide.

So....hiring more LE and more social workers throughout this country may make a huge difference.
But Yes euthanasia would be fast enough for CCC. :)

Songline--I think you're referring to Oregon with our Assisted Suicide laws (which are working just fine, thank you very much). One has to be on board with the ending of one's life, though. I'm afraid Contra Costa County is still bumbling along and has no intention of kicking the bucket any time soon.

If I'm not mistaken, Hawaii's working on the AS laws too. Oregon's only 300 miles north of CC County so we'd be most convenient.

Has stabbing the little ones been going on & we didn't hear about it -- or are we seeing a trend for other reasons?? :(
Mother Stabs 1 Year Old Son

25 year old Kristy DeHuff is accused of stabbing her one year old son with a butcher knife.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/Mother_Stabs_Son_Commerce

that is another case and scary non the less...WHAT is going on :crazy: There are more nuts out there then I thought. :crazy:
Why do these mentally imbalance young women make babies :waitasec:

Songline--I think you're referring to Oregon with our Assisted Suicide laws (which are working just fine, thank you very much). One has to be on board with the ending of one's life, though. I'm afraid Contra Costa County is still bumbling along and has no intention of kicking the bucket any time soon.

If I'm not mistaken, Hawaii's working on the AS laws too. Oregon's only 300 miles north of CC County so we'd be most convenient.

You are right about Oregon, and I just found out that Washington too. But yes it has to be assisted by a Dr.
I know that it is just wishful thinking about the folks in the CCC system :(
I did not know about Hawaii. thanks...
MO is that for those really suffering who have no potential for a fair quality of life it is GREAT.
And for the innocent at CCC it would be a blessing.
But Euthanasia / Assisted Suicide should be another thread. I think we are OT...LOL

Mother accused of murdering children feared for her own life

by James Muñoz / KENS 5

Posted on February 3, 2010 at 5:56 PM

Updated Wednesday, Feb 3 at 6:40 PM

San Antonio police say the mother accused of killing her two boys was "nonchalant" about the double murder.
Now, we're learning more about the 22-year-old mom.

Elyse Colon was described as quiet and nice by several neighbors. She reportedly had a learning disability which caused a speech impediment.

We also know Colon was the victim of domestic violence, and that she was trying to get away from a violent man.

But, why her two boys ended up dead, we will never understand.
Last September, police arrested the father of the boys, 33-year-old Luis Alfonso Garcia-Pacheco. He is charged with assaulting Colon. Garcia-Pacheco was in the U.S. illegally and is being held without bond.

A month after Garcia-Pacheco's arrest, fearing for her life, Colon applied for a protective order to keep Garcia-Pacheco away from her and the boys.

http://www.kens5.com/news/local/Mother-accused-of-murder--83495687.html

hmmmmmm i wonder if this is where susan smith got her new defense strategy from

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther