TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the name thing bothers, me but likely doesn't mean much. The father doesn't use anyone's name, including his older child or Sabrina. I can't read too much into it, it just bothers me, even though it happens in a lot of cases.

A friend whose daughter died extremely unexpectedly could not bring her self to say her name in public because she would dissolve into grief stricken sobbing for many minutes when she did. But I am not sure that would be the reason in this case.

It could just be because the baby and father have the same first name...to keep it less confusing, I suppose.

I know that transcription really doesn't help with tone or body language. (I can do them complete with gestures, but that takes roughly forever.)

It helps to have the statements written down, and that's just in my own experience. It's sometimes easy for someone to talk in a circle very effectively. I don't read in circles, so if it's written down, I'm more likely to see the difference in statements. I do aim for accuracy, so that if a link is pulled, the statement is as close as I can get it. That's why you see meaningless words like "Um". Anyway, I know they are a lot of info to pore through, so I'm sorry if they get in anybody's way or impede the conversation.

ETA: WHY doesn't anybody use his name? He is Joshua, he is a child, he has a name, it is not my baby, the baby, or simply he or him. ARGH!!! (Sorry, not one single time did I see his name used by either parent, family, or friends. It's maddening.)

Respectfully BBM

I totally agree! I HAVE no HINKY feelings towards the parents, but it bothers me!!! He is Joshua, Joshy, JD, anything other than "the baby"... He has a name, and is a person....

And I very much appreciate your transcriptions ;)

Thanx not my kids for the links.

I looked at them all and found a video that showed inside their house.

You can see the livingroom, the front door and it shows a small hallway where there are (maybe) bedroom doors.

IMO all the mom had to do was yell, Joshua, come back to mommy and he would have heard her. Or someone right there would have heard her. (Just saying).IMO

Video-I know he is alive

http://www.ksat.com/news/26783062/detail.html#video

JD: “I last saw my son around 8 last night. He was pulling on my beanie trying to take it off. He was behind my chair. When I told him to stop, he looked at me and smiled. That was the last time I saw him.”
SB: “They have no leads. I last saw him around 7:40 p.m. in my room watching ‘Toy Story.’ When I realized he hadn’t come back to watch with me, I realized he was missing.”
===================================================

^^^^^ This is what confuses me a bit with their timeline.

Mom is in the bedroom, which is about 10 seconds away from Dad in the livingroom.

Mom says that at 7:40 she 'realised he was missing. '
But what happened during that 20 minutes? The baby was only seconds away from being found because he was in the livingroom with Dad until 8. So.... I am confused.

JD: “I last saw my son around 8 last night. He was pulling on my beanie trying to take it off. He was behind my chair. When I told him to stop, he looked at me and smiled. That was the last time I saw him.”
SB: “They have no leads. I last saw him around 7:40 p.m. in my room watching ‘Toy Story.’ When I realized he hadn’t come back to watch with me, I realized he was missing.”

Mom is in the bedroom, which is about 10 seconds away from Dad in the livingroom.

Mom says that at 7:40 she 'realised he was missing. '
But what happened during that 20 minutes? The baby was only seconds away from being found because he was in the livingroom with Dad until 8. So.... I am confused.

Yeah..Something is not right with her story.

I want to note that Dad had TEARS people. After all of the times in other cases where we've said, "where are the tears?"

This guy HAD TEARS.

http://www.ksat.com/video/26771072/index.html

My theory on Mom's story:

I think Mom was watching Toy Story with Joshua.

He was walking in and out and she was very tired.

Mom accidentally fell asleep around 7:40 as he was walking back out of the room.

Mom woke up shortly after 8pm, realized from where the movie was at that it had been 25+ minutes and Joshua wasn't in there. Knowing he would have woken her up by making noise or touching her if he had come in.

Mom immediately starts thinking "I can't believe I fell asleep while he was awake. I can't believe I did that!" And THAT is the source of her panic. The fact that she fell asleep and so has no idea what happened in that 30 minutes, just that he hasn't come back in. The fact that she as a mother, fell asleep on the job.

Yes, she could yell for him... but she already "screwed up" in her mind by falling asleep while he was awake! She should do more and she may want to pick him up and give him a hug. So she goes to find him while berating herself... and then she can't find him.

Or, maybe that is just what *I* would do.

not_my_kids,

Thank you for doing the transcriptions! I think they are a huge help!
jt

One thing I find odd is the mother's statement about there being another baby in the grandfather's room that her son was interested in. Whose baby was that? The grandfather's girlfriend's? The godmother's? Seems if either, the mother would mention the relationship. Just seems an odd way of putting it---"another baby."

I'm just seeing some distancing in several statements that strike me as odd, and then the father's statement, "he's nowhere close," referring to Joshua jr.

Is Joshua Sr. employed? I haven't seen reference to him having a job, only the mother.

Yes I saw his tears. It broke my heart.

I might have felt panic if I was alone and I woke up and realized OMG my baby, wheres my baby, but there were 7 adults there. The father was there. The grand parents live there. I don't know what to think it this point.

Hoping and praying for a miracle. :praying:

What im trying to figure out is LE taking a tarp and a bucket as evidence. IF someone wrapped the baby in a tarp and then put the baby in a bucket, why would they bring it back to the house? Im confused.

I would love to know how those polygraphs went and how many of them say they laid
eyes on Joshua that day. The only two that I know of is the father and mother from the
reports.Something still strikes me as strange with the mom in the bedroom with the baby.
Who was the last one to see him the mother or the father?The time line is so close.

It doesn't matter who is in the house... it is MY job to know where MY child is. I will literally lock us all in the bedroom if we've had a horrendous night and I know I am too tired.

The way Sabrina refers to him as "MY baby" makes me wonder if she felt the same way. If she was protective because of his health issues (like me.) If she essentially knew where he was at all times (like me.) So something as simple as being asleep while your baby is awake, even if the Nannies from Nanny 911 are in your house... would be enough to freak you out. I wouldn't even trust them to watch my children without me there. :innocent:

For me it would be the "Omg, I fell asleep... I never leave my baby with anyone else... what if something had happened?
Would they get distracted by the game and not pay attention to him? (Yes)
Would they know how to handle an asthma attack? (No)
Would they watch him as closely as I do? (No)
Would they feed him something he'd choke on? (Absolutely, yes.)
Would they give him something he's allergic to? (Yep, just to "make sure" he's allergic.)"

Maybe my family is just a bunch of incompetent a$$ monkeys? Maybe Sabrina wouldn't have been concerned because her family is responsible?

She probably just freaked out because she felt horrible for falling asleep. Thinking "what if something had happened!"

Except... something did. In Joshua's case... and Emmet's case.

Obviously Sabrina's panic was well placed... despite those 6 other people, her baby is gone.

Yes I saw his tears. It broke my heart.

I might have felt panic if I was alone and I woke up and realized OMG my baby, wheres my baby, but there were 7 adults there. The father was there. The grand parents live there. I don't know what to think it this point.

Hoping and praying for a miracle. :praying:

What im trying to figure out is LE taking a tarp and a bucket as evidence. IF someone wrapped the baby in a tarp and then put the baby in a bucket, why would they bring it back to the house? Im confused.

I am really starting to believe the baby wasn't even around that day.Maybe a accident occurred and someone was scared to call the police.They waited till all the family was there to make it more confusing to the police.JMO

I don't think you would get that many people involved if that was the case.Someone would be bound to talk.

Thank you so much NMK!

Has any reporter asked either of them yet what Joshua was like? What did he like to do? Etc...

I'm looking for tense. And I agree it is a little irritating that he's constantly called the "baby". (I know a lot of us do with our own kids---I am just wanting to hear one of them address him by his name and I want to see which tense the consistently use with his name).

BBM
I noticed the same thing. The baby.

I know that transcription really doesn't help with tone or body language. (I can do them complete with gestures, but that takes roughly forever.)

It helps to have the statements written down, and that's just in my own experience. It's sometimes easy for someone to talk in a circle very effectively. I don't read in circles, so if it's written down, I'm more likely to see the difference in statements. I do aim for accuracy, so that if a link is pulled, the statement is as close as I can get it. That's why you see meaningless words like "Um". Anyway, I know they are a lot of info to pore through, so I'm sorry if they get in anybody's way or impede the conversation.

ETA: WHY doesn't anybody use his name? He is Joshua, he is a child, he has a name, it is not my baby, the baby, or simply he or him. ARGH!!! (Sorry, not one single time did I see his name used by either parent, family, or friends. It's maddening.)

Thank you for taking the time and effort for doing that for us.

"We've been investigating this from the very beginning," Penshorn said. "We do believe that something in or around this residence led to this child's disappearance and that's what we're trying to find out: what exactly happened."

Penshorn said they don't have any people of interest.

http://www.ksat.com/news/26825135/detail.html

BBM - Is this a new statement? I know they hadn't named anyone but I hadn't heard them say they have no POI (after the investigation changed course).

Where are you Joshua?

Mom says that at 7:40 she 'realised he was missing'.

BBM - Actually mom said she last saw him at 740 - she sounded the alarm around 8PM - which according to Sr, he had just seen Joshua (smiling after being told not to pull off dad's beanie).

I think Ms F is spot on, mom dozed off, Joshua left the room - mom wakes up startled after realizing she was missing 20 minutes or so and she couldn't hear Josh. She jumped up, went looking for him and he had vanished.

What a freaking nightmare.

K-9 dog teams continued searching areas around the home of missing 18-month old Joshua Davis Jr. yesterday, but they also searched areas far from his home, on the other side of town. For the 2nd time in the last week, investigators were back in the area of Hunter Road and Country Ridge Drive with dog search teams scouring more densely wooded areas, searching for signs of the missing boy. New Braunfels Police officials wouldn’t say specifically why they were in that area yesterday, but did say that they were following up on any and all tips they get from the public, and that yesterday’s search off Hunter Road was one of those places they were following up on.

http://kgnb.am/news/one-week-later-searchers-seeking-more-tips-missing-toddler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member