TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
K-9 dog teams continued searching areas around the home of missing 18-month old Joshua Davis Jr. yesterday, but they also searched areas far from his home, on the other side of town. For the 2nd time in the last week, investigators were back in the area of Hunter Road and Country Ridge Drive with dog search teams scouring more densely wooded areas, searching for signs of the missing boy. New Braunfels Police officials wouldn’t say specifically why they were in that area yesterday, but did say that they were following up on any and all tips they get from the public, and that yesterday’s search off Hunter Road was one of those places they were following up on.

http://kgnb.am/news/one-week-later-searchers-seeking-more-tips-missing-toddler

That's about 12 miles away...

2619 Savannah Hill Cir, New Braunfels, TX 78130 to Farm-To-Market Rd 1102/Hunter Rd - Google Maps

:waitasec: That IS interesting. Do they purposely not use Joshua's name as a way to distance themselves from the situation?

I have no idea and am curious.

It's pretty common in Texas, not a big deal. We also stick nicknames on our kids when they're little... and by the time they're 4 or 5 years old, they hate it.

I call my kids everything but there name... I still call both my kids my baby all the time. I have no idea what I would be calling then in a time of stress.

Did someone leave? If she did fall asleep. Maybe someone open the outside door, went back in, then left, baby goes out. And gets behind vehicle. Or any vehicle in neighborhood and gets run over, person behind wheel panics.... I guess there would be some evidence.
Or child gets out, and its a coincident that someone just grabs him outside.
Seems like the only possible ways are,
1. He gets out by a door left open. And something happens.
2. Something happen in the house. Someone in house is involved.

I'm hoping this baby is found safe, and return home.

I have been reading here since the beginning but haven't posted much. One thing I have to do is defend LE. With all of the agencies involved, I do not believe that every agency had the wrong dogs. I do not believe that for one moment. Remember, we are not hearing everything LE knows and will not hear until they want us to.

As for the Dad having taken 3 different polygraph tests, more questions could have come up as the investigation evolved. However; if he had done the polygraphs all during the same interview, then that to me indicates a problem. Maybe just inconclusive, but still a problem. Of course, I do not know if the polygraphs were all given during one visit to the station or not.

One thing that has really stood out to me during this entire time is that the Dad stated that Joshua had been behind his chair and was pulling on his beanie. I did see the chairs in the living room in a video this morning. The back of the chairs seem to be low, BUT you would also have to take into account the Dads height with his shoulders and his head being a distance above the back of the chair. Just how did Joshua reach that high up? I am just not buying the Dads statement.

I trust LE, the Texas Rangers, and the FBI. They are working for Joshua and will find out what happened to him, IMO.

Joshua is such a precious little boy. I was hoping he had been found when I logged on this morning. He is in my most fervent prayers.

Over and out for now!

ETA: I simply do not believe Joshua left that home and wandered away, or that he was even abducted. My opinion is that whatever happened to Joshua happened inside that home, and maybe even before all of the 'company' got there. JMHO.

JMO, and MOO

12 miles away? That is about how far one could go and return by car within the timeframe we have heard, if true.

Does it make a child less of a person when the parents refer to them as their baby or their child? NO, it doesn't. To people from the South, it endears the child to us to refer to them as our baby or our child or our son or daughter. It's being possessive. Everyone else outside the family can use their name, but no one else can say that he is theirs.
He belongs to them.... and he is no less a person than any other child just because they don't say his name.
This may seem strange to those in other parts of the country, but please don't judge someone because they don't follow the same "rules" that you do. We should not expect parents of missing children to stop and think whether they are offending someone in another state by doing what comes naturally to them.

I have been reading here since the beginning but haven't posted much. One thing I have to do is defend LE. With all of the agencies involved, I do not believe that every agency had the wrong dogs. I do not believe that for one moment. Remember, we are not hearing everything LE knows and will not hear until they want us to.

As for the Dad having taken 3 different polygraph tests, more questions could have come up as the investigation evolved. However; if he had done the polygraphs all during the same interview, then that to me indicates a problem. Maybe just inconclusive, but still a problem. Of course, I do not know if the polygraphs were all given during one visit to the station or not.

One thing that has really stood out to me during this entire time is that the Dad stated that Joshua had been behind his chair and was pulling on his beanie. I did see the chairs in the living room in a video this morning. The back of the chairs seem to be low, BUT you would also have to take into account the Dads height with his shoulders and his head being a distance above the back of the chair. Just how did Joshua reach that high up? I am just not buying the Dads statement.
I trust LE, the Texas Rangers, and the FBI. They are working for Joshua and will find out what happened to him, IMO.

Joshua is such a precious little boy. I was hoping he had been found when I logged on this morning. He is in my most fervent prayers.

Over and out for now!

ETA: I simply do not believe Joshua left that home and wandered away, or that he was even abducted. My opinion is that whatever happened to Joshua happened inside that home, and maybe even before all of the 'company' got there. JMHO.

JMO, and MOO

BBM: I agree with this, that little guy looks to be pretty small, I don't see how he could have reached that high up. Unless Dad was sitting on the end of the couch and slouched way down with his head up against the armrest.

I just don't understand this at all. I don't know what I think about mom and dad. I do believe Joshua did NOT wander off. What happened after he pulled the beanie and smiled? KWIM? We don't hear anything like "then he ran off" or " then he climbed up in my lap". I just think its so weird. 18 month old children are so active and cute and happy so you would think after that he would have said what happened after that. Does that make sense? I'm wondering if maybe with all this cold, cold weather that Josh had a bad asthma attack and the family panicked? In other words mom is in a panic, she fell asleep, something happened. I just don't know. I just know I have a bad, bad feeling on this one. The weather is supposed to improve to the mid 70's over the next few days, sunny and beautiful. I hope this helps find him. I'm just so sad and stumped on this one. He is such a cutie. As far as calling him the baby etc, I have not done that with my 4 yr old but to each his own. I have been around others who do just refer to their little ones as the baby especially if there is an older one in the home. Now that being said it does bother me some that they are not using his name more especially in interviews where people need to know his name..my baby's name is Joshua etc, etc. I so hope we can get an answer soon to where he is. He is so precious.

What gets me is the fact that my wife works (if you look on the map) at the Ashley Furniture office off Hwy 46 and IH 35. As close as this is to the scene, she has not once noticed any search activity.

What gets me is the fact that my wife works (if you look on the map) at the Ashley Furniture office off Hwy 46 and IH 35. As close as this is to the scene, she has not once noticed any search activity.

Wow, I have been picturing these massive searches that you couldn't possibly miss. But then we hear they are searching a spot 12 miles away from the home? :(

Does anyone know if the dogs were ran through the house? If Joshua had died in the house, whether by accident or otherwise, wouldn't the dogs have hit inside the house?
If I understand correctly, gases are released from the body immediately upon death and the dogs would have hit on that scent whether the body was there or not at the time. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Does anyone know if the dogs were ran through the house? If Joshua had died in the house, whether by accident or otherwise, wouldn't the dogs have hit inside the house?
If I understand correctly, gases are released from the body immediately upon death and the dogs would have hit on that scent whether the body was there or not at the time. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think you are right on that. I am also wondering if they were able to check if his nebulizer had been used recently. I wonder had he been sick or something that his asthma was acting up? It was so cold during that time. I don't know what to think..thats why I am asking about meds etc. Could he have had a bad attack and died in the home? I don't get why the dogs have not hit on anything...that we know of that is.

But don't forget - the river is between Ashley and the home ..

I'm new to this case and just started following last night on NG. I see that Joshua has asthma and in a link somewhere upthread, I read that he also has "other health issues". What are those other health issues? Has that been mentioned anywhere?

Thanks for all of the links and quotes, nmk!! You roooccckkk!!! :D

From what was said by LE, I think they had the dogs in and outside the house. But once again, right dogs? Wrong dogs? No idea.

I don't recall hearing of "other health issues" besides asthma.

I hope we can assume dogs were brought into the home as well, though I hate assuming anything. But surely with FBI, Texas Rangers...?

His aunt and his mom both said he has other health issues, but they haven't gone into any details on what kind, at least that I have seen. The most dangerous seems like it would be the asthma, since that in the cold could prove fatal very fast.

The Hunter Road location is interesting to me, since that's the same general area that they said he was found in when the fake info came out on Facebook. Curiouser and curiouser.

http://herald-zeitung.com/news/community_alert/article_f3907074-3188-11e0-a507-001cc4c03286.html
“There was one of (Joshua’s) toy balls found at the end of the block. It was on top of some mailboxes. There’s no way he got it up there by himself.” - Lee Jackson - family friend [Seems that the ball may never have been a direct quote, and has since been debunked.]
“Someone took him,he needs medical attention immediately. He has asthma and other medical conditions.” - Michelle Griffin - family friend. JD: “I last saw my son around 8 last night. He was pulling on my beanie trying to take it off. He was behind my chair. When I told him to stop, he looked at me and smiled. That was the last time I saw him.”
SB: “They have no leads. I last saw him around 7:40 p.m. in my room watching ‘Toy Story.’ When I realized he hadn’t come back to watch with me, I realized he was missing.”
SB: "Please bring my baby home. Please let him be ok."

Snipped for space, BBM.

The Hunter Road location is interesting to me, since that's the same general area that they said he was found in when the fake info came out on Facebook. Curiouser and curiouser.

I agree - odd isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member