TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Community Wondering What Happened To 18-Month-Old Joshua Davis
Simon Gutierrez, KSAT 12 News Reporter
POSTED: Friday, February 11, 2011

NEW BRAUNFELS, Texas -- A week has passed since 18-month-old Joshua Davis disappeared from his New Braunfels home, and investigators have so far come up empty-handed.
Joshua's parents, meanwhile, said they will gather volunteers to hand out fliers with Joshua's picture on them in San Antonio, San Marcos and Austin on Saturday, in hopes that someone might have seen the missing boy.

more here

http://www.ksat.com/news/26839455/detail.html

http://www.kens5.com/news/Family-st...r-toddler-missing-for-one-week-116032244.html

by Nadia Ramdass / KENS 5
kens5.com
Posted on February 11, 2011 at 11:27 PM
Updated yesterday at 11:27 PM

SAN ANTONIO -- Friday marks the first full week since a toddler vanished from his home in New Braunfels.

This weekend the family of Joshua Davis Jr. is stepping up their search efforts to bring him back home. The family plans to conduct their own volunteer search effort Saturday and is asking for volunteers.

http://knbt.fm/news/new-photo-missing-toddler-taken-hours-disappearance

Feb 12, 2011

(New Braunfels, TX) -- A new photo (right) of Joshua Davis Jr., taken just hours before his disappearance, has been released by New Braunfels Police

Missing%20-%20Joshua_Davis%203.thumbnail.jpg

Missing_-_Joshua_Davis_20110205131400_320_240.JPG

Joshua Davis

(New Braunfels, TX) -- An 18-month old toddler is still missing, despite the best efforts of New Braunfels Police and nearby neighbors who went out into the cold night searching for the young boy. Police officials say they were first called out to the 26-hundred block of Savannah Hill Circle (which sits off of Klein Road, on the east side of I-35) just before 9 o’clock last night after the mother of the 18-month old buy reported him missing. She had last seen him inside their residence about 20-minutes prior to calling police, and responding officers searched the home multiple times, then added a grid search of the entire neighborhood, with no luck finding the toddler.

http://kgnb.am/news/toddler-still-missing-despite-search-police-and-neighbors

Previous threads

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Above I've presented some of my thoughts on points regarding the family's conduct raised here. In this post I'll present what I see as the possible circumstances leading to Joshua's disappearance, in order of the likelihood I tend to assign them.

1. In my opinion, the most likely first step at this time is that Joshua made his way out of the house through a door which wasn't fully closed, possibly as a result of people going outside to smoke.

1a. Once out of the house, perhaps he stumbled into an unknown cave/hole/septic tank or other small, hidden place which is either outside the current search range, or has been overlooked. In this weather, the dogs' accuracy is reduced, and any spot small enough for a toddler to curl up in could easily be small enough for searchers to miss.

1b. Or perhaps, having made his way out, he was taken in a crime of opportunity. I find the predator scenario possible, but less likely than point 1a above, made only slightly more likely (in context) by the proximity of a known SO. If the guy across the street had company at the time, I'm sure LE is all over that and any POI could be located without much trouble -- he would have been seen traveling there, or parked there, or cell phone pings would show another person, etc. As for himself, others have made the point that most criminals who victimize teenage girls are just not interested in baby boys, but of course it can't be ruled out. A complete stranger just happening to be passing by or lurking around the house is even less likely, but also can't be ruled out.

2. Another possible first step is that he was in some way physically harmed by someone present, accidentally or intentionally, and everyone is covering up for that person. I believe this is so unlikely as to be almost impossible.

To suggest that every single adult present -- including grandparents -- would feel more compelled to protect the killer of this child than to tell the truth, even to the point of participating in hiding his body, contradicts so much of what we know about human behavior and group psychology that it would require the revelation of some very solid evidence to seem at all likely to me.

It is extremely difficult to get nine people to agree on where to go to dinner, let alone how to dispose of the body of a cherished, innocent loved one, or keep a secret despite incredibly intense emotional pressure.

2a. However, with the noisy game on television and lots of social chaos, it is possible that the child was attacked or suffered an accident while only one or two adults were present. In this case, rather than being less likely, I believe the chance of a smaller coverup is actually even higher than normal due to the presence of so many other family members -- a person or two people might panic terribly at the thought of immediately revealing to close family members that a moment of weakness led to such a tragic consequence.

2b. It has been suggested here that the entire family somehow conspired in advance to make the child vanish. I include the possibility for completeness, but only because "maybe he was abducted by aliens who wiped everyone's memory" seems slightly less likely and I have to end the list somewhere.

Here's a proposition that is a little of 1a and a little of 2a. The door apparently did not latch properly and people were coming and going. Joshua slipped out the door and the person who had exited ahead of him saw him slip on the ice and whack his head on the edge of a step (theory only) That person, and possibly one witness (whoever when to latch the door and saw Joshua slip from inside?) might be inclined to cover it up.

Assuming the slippery steps did not do him in, the individual departing might have accidentally backed over the baby, who he did not realize had followed him out. Again, he (and perhaps one witness) might conspire to cover this up upon realizing what he had been responsible for.

It seems more likely, however, that nobody got up to latch the door, nobody saw what happened to hurt the baby, and the person who caused (even accidentally) his injury or death panicked and covered it up alone. The fact that the door remained unlatched allowed the investigation to begin with the possibility that he had wandered off.

Good grief I just don't know what to think. It doesn't make sense that something happened earlier in the day because the guests would have asked "where's Joshua?" and it being a small home you would think they couldn't just say he was already in bed without someone at some point checking in on him or something of that nature. I can't see all those people covering up something...if that were so that would mean that all of those people would have to have the same story and I just don't think that they could all keep the same story straight especially if LE are interviewing them over and over. As far as him getting out...I still go back to the icy steps, cold weather etc. Yes little ones can be fast but...depending on how mobile he was and how clumsy he was at this age it seems like he would have not been able to navigate down the steps without falling. At 18 months they have to either hold onto a rail or they go down on their butt. They are still very slow and careful at that age navigating up/down stairs. So what happened? This is all just so odd. Did he get out, fall and hit his head and it is being covered up by a few? Is it a case of he wasn't being watched and an accident happened? Did he have an asthma attack and something went horribly wrong? I recall the dad saying he took 3 lie detector tests...why? Is that normal. So many questions, so few answers and no Joshua...the saddest part of it all.

I didn't know how to bring a post over from the previous thread, so I will try to quote it. Another sleuther posted that Joshua's father said that he missed his child playing with his dirty toys and making dirty messes around the house. That really sounded like an inappropriate statement, considering the situation. It doesn't seem like he should even be thinking about the negatives of having a child. Shouldn't he just be pleading to get the little guy back home? Or maybe these are just the comments of an immature guy?

I mean, I don't have kids, I only have cats, but when either of them is sick, having an operation, or whatever, I'm so stressed out I don't even think about the messy, inconvenient times. All I want is for them to be well, get through the operation safely, get home alright, whatever.

I agree with all you said Jess --

I can't see all those people covering up either. That's why I'd like to hear what they had to say - if they'd even seen him. Did anyone else witness the beanie pulling? With SB claiming he'd been in the bedroom with her, they could've easily been telling the others he was doing something else. SB said when she asked, everyone said they hadn't seen him . . . . since when? It seems logical, in that small of a house, and with the beanie pulling having just happened, someone had just seen him - soooo, instead of saying "we haven't seen him", why didn't anyone say "he was just right here" or "yeah, we just saw him a minute ago". If they're trying to say he slipped out the door/kidnapped without any of those NINE people noticing - SB & JD could be telling LE "sure he was running around here, apparently nobody noticed him".

Interesting we haven't heard anyone else's accounts of what went on that evening . . . .

I didn't know how to bring a post over from the previous thread, so I will try to quote it. Another sleuther posted that Joshua's father said that he missed his child playing with his dirty toys and making dirty messes around the house. That really sounded like an inappropriate statement, considering the situation. It doesn't seem like he should even be thinking about the negatives of having a child. Shouldn't he just be pleading to get the little guy back home? Or maybe these are just the comments of an immature guy?

I mean, I don't have kids, I only have cats, but when either of them is sick, having an operation, or whatever, I'm so stressed out I don't even think about the messy, inconvenient times. All I want is for them to be well, get through the operation safely, get home alright, whatever.

I do agree. It is very odd wording. It could just be his immaturity, as you said. But it seems to me, if your child is missing, you'd think and speak of him like he's never done wrong. A little angel that never made a mess in his life. I would venture to bet, too, that whatever "dirty messes" and "dirty toys" he had laying around were still there at the moment JD made that statement. I highly doubt that the day after Josh went missing, mom and dad went on a cleaning spree.

Another statement I'm still stuck on is when SB stated she panicked after 10 min and went immediately into the grandfathers room. The bedrooms are directly off the living area. So, she went out of her bedroom and into the living area and instead of scanning the room or asking all the others at that point, she went into the other room first? Call me crazy, but that just doesn't make sense to me.

I'll bring over my response to this point as well. When you've lost someone, you tend to think about the things they used to do which were difficult or annoying at the time, and how you would give anything to have even those things back, and to be able to tell your former self to be more patient and appreciate more. Any bad habits they had, you think you'd rather just have them back doing those things all the time than face life without them. Even if you're just afraid they might be gone and don't know for sure, you can't help experiencing a roller coaster of emotions around whether you've lost them forever.

I took his statement as being an example of this. Every parent in the world is sometimes irritated with the noise, mess and frustration their kids can create, and likewise most parents would, if faced with a missing child, remember those times from a very different perspective. The dirty/messy/untidy toys also represent normality -- Joshua's dad is longing for all this to be a nightmare, to wake up back in normal life with normal problems.

It's also important to remember that when you are panicked and in crisis, your thoughts and words can become very irrational, jumping around a lot or focusing on strange small details.

where has the coverage of his case gone????? omg this is unreal... this is a baby missing out of THIN AIR!

moo

Have we gotten any confirmation on how many children are hers by birth?

I'll bring over my response to this point as well. When you've lost someone, you tend to think about the things they used to do which were difficult or annoying at the time, and how you would give anything to have even those things back, and to be able to tell your former self to be more patient and appreciate more. Any bad habits they had, you think you'd rather just have them back doing those things all the time than face life without them. Even if you're just afraid they might be gone and don't know for sure, you can't help experiencing a roller coaster of emotions around whether you've lost them forever.

I took his statement as being an example of this. Every parent in the world is sometimes irritated with the noise, mess and frustration their kids can create, and likewise most parents would, if faced with a missing child, remember those times from a very different perspective. The dirty/messy/untidy toys also represent normality -- Joshua's dad is longing for all this to be a nightmare, to wake up back in normal life with normal problems.

It's also important to remember that when you are panicked and in crisis, your thoughts and words can become very irrational, jumping around a lot or focusing on strange small details.

Yeah, I would like to hear this statement by dad, or at least read it. I wonder if he were complaining about the messy child, or if he was sad that Joshua wasn't around to even make any messes.

I guess I'd like more info before I make a judgment call about dad.

where has the coverage of his case gone????? omg this is unreal... this is a baby missing out of THIN AIR!

moo

Yeah, I'm going to go try and find out something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK