GUILTY TX - Jubal Alexander, 24, found decapitated, Angleton, 27 April 2016

Simply for reference: a 2010 decapitation murder in Lewisville, Texas. Lewisville is 10-15 miles north of Dallas along I-35E.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...44-found-decapitated-Lewisville-26-April-2010

In that case, the motive was personal and the instrument was a chainsaw.

The known suspect remains a fugitive as far as I can tell, but the odds would be very slim for him to be involved in the murder of Jubal Alexander, IMO.

“The killers left the money in his wallet, left his wallet, left his cell phone, and left his guitar; didn’t take any possessions, just killed my son,” Alexander stated.

http://m.wtvm.com/wtvm/db_383178/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=8AjDAgO4

Couple of things here.

This has me considering robbery as the motive somewhat weak. Why not take everything, including the truck?

Unless it was a robbery of something specific not included in this list of what was left behind.

The other thing is that his cell phone was not taken. Therefore, investigators may have relatively immediate access to information such as who he communicated with.

If the perpetrator(s) were among those people, it seems to me they would likely take and disable the phone to delay investigator's access to information that is often contained within a cell phone.

A random psychopath might not bother with anything in the truck other than his/her victim.

Not ruling anything out, though. Way too early for that. Just struggling with why someone would decapitate another person.

Drugs in Brazoria County.

I think it's best to consider the area as a whole rather than in terms of separate district communities.

I would imagine that drug usage in Brazoria County is equal to (and due to availability, perhaps higher than) what occurs in counties elsewhere in the US of similar size and proximity to a metropolitan area.

If it exists, it's probably available in Brazoria County.

Drug trafficking in Brazoria County is somewhat unique in comparison to most of the US, but not at all unique (as far as I know) within the Coastal Plains region.

Brazoria County was added to the Houston High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (HIDTA) in 2014.

https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2014/10/10/2014-24176/notice-of-hidta-designations

The greater Houston area is a major distribution center for the transshipment of illegal drugs to other parts of the US. It may be the largest single distribution center in terms of volume.

Additionally, Brazoria County lies within a transit route from the border to the Houston area.

The main corridor (I-69/US 59) does not go through Brazoria County, but transporters wishing to avoid the scrutiny on the primary route could travel through Brazoria County into the greater Houston metro area.

IMO, the odds of Jubal Alexander being in the "wrong place at the wrong time" with regard to drug trafficking are higher than in Des Moines, Iowa or even Atlanta, Georgia. (Not picking on Atlanta -- it is also a major distribution center.)

It's within a reasonable possibility that he selected a spot to sleep where he could have witnessed drug trafficking, whether it be a simple local drug deal or something involved in broader distribution. MOO.

The spot is somewhat secluded in that one would have to be fairly close to see anything or anyone under the overpass.

It also seems possible that with his regular presence in that spot that he could have been mistaken for undercover law enforcement if that location was used for any drug trafficking.

I can't rule out the possibility that drug trafficking could have a role in his death. He would not have to be an active participant for that to be true.

I’ve put in at this boat ramp more than once. It is a fairly isolated location. It’s usually peaceful. Cool under the overpass, breeze blowing from off the Gulf, etc. It would be a good place to take a nap after a long shift, but to live there? Especially with the recent floods? I don’t know. FM 2004 is well-travelled by plant workers going to and from work, but the picture of the truck shows that it was under the overpass, so it would not be seen from the road. Small watercraft can access this boat ramp and make their way to the bay with little or no notice.

I can’t imagine commuting to Port Arthur every day when working 12-hour shifts. I started to say that the drive would be murder, but then thought that that would be in poor taste….

In response to why the news did not report for over a week after victim identification, the delay may have been due to the need to investigate and make contact with individuals who might disappear once the news hit. The investigation may have required time to also investigate the primary and possible secondary sites without the interference of the press and the public.

Drugs in Brazoria County.

I think it's best to consider the area as a whole rather than in terms of separate district communities.

I would imagine that drug usage in Brazoria County is equal to (and due to availability, perhaps higher than) what occurs in counties elsewhere in the US of similar size and proximity to a metropolitan area.

If it exists, it's probably available in Brazoria County.

Drug trafficking in Brazoria County is somewhat unique in comparison to most of the US, but not at all unique (as far as I know) within the Coastal Plains region.

Brazoria County was added to the Houston High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (HIDTA) in 2014.

https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2014/10/10/2014-24176/notice-of-hidta-designations

The greater Houston area is a major distribution center for the transshipment of illegal drugs to other parts of the US. It may be the largest single distribution center in terms of volume.

Additionally, Brazoria County lies within a transit route from the border to the Houston area.

The main corridor (I-69/US 59) does not go through Brazoria County, but transporters wishing to avoid the scrutiny on the primary route could travel through Brazoria County into the greater Houston metro area.

IMO, the odds of Jubal Alexander being in the "wrong place at the wrong time" with regard to drug trafficking are higher than in Des Moines, Iowa or even Atlanta, Georgia. (Not picking on Atlanta -- it is also a major distribution center.)

It's within a reasonable possibility that he selected a spot to sleep where he could have witnessed drug trafficking, whether it be a simple local drug deal or something involved in broader distribution. MOO.

The spot is somewhat secluded in that one would have to be fairly close to see anything or anyone under the overpass.

It also seems possible that with his regular presence in that spot that he could have been mistaken for undercover law enforcement if that location was used for any drug trafficking.

I can't rule out the possibility that drug trafficking could have a role in his death. He would not have to be an active participant for that to be true.

BBM (bolded by me)

I think you have just nailed the reason he was killed. It makes the best sense. Drug trafficking, poaching, smuggling, etc. No matter what the crime was, someone wouldn't want LE watching.

I’ve put in at this boat ramp more than once. It is a fairly isolated location. It’s usually peaceful. Cool under the overpass, breeze blowing from off the Gulf, etc. It would be a good place to take a nap after a long shift, but to live there? Especially with the recent floods? I don’t know. FM 2004 is well-travelled by plant workers going to and from work, but the picture of the truck shows that it was under the overpass, so it would not be seen from the road. Small watercraft can access this boat ramp and make their way to the bay with little or no notice.

I can’t imagine commuting to Port Arthur every day when working 12-hour shifts. I started to say that the drive would be murder, but then thought that that would be in poor taste….

WELCOME!

I see you have just joined. Was it because of this crime in particular? It's always so helpful to have a local join in on the thread.
When you use the boat ramp, is your vehicle and trailer parked nearby? Are there more vehicles there at the time? Has there been any vandalism/theft to vehicles or equipment? Are there gators around there? Maybe they could help dispose of the head?

I need a better mental picture of exactly where Jabal's truck was located. Was the truck right next to the river. How did the fisherman find him? Is it a place where someone can row up to him within yards? Or is it all cement. I s there room for other cars to park there.?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I found this PDF on the Austin Bayou boat ramp. I haven't linked a PDF before so I'm hoping it will work.
Looking at the map, it seems to be in a desolate location but it is located near the McCormick Reservoir and abuts the Brazoria National Wildlife Refuge and would seem to be a great place to observe wildlife. I wonder if this is near where he works?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...7BGnHwopGj9j_lv5XCQl6g&bvm=bv.122129774,d.eWE

Pages 23-24
Wow. Just downloaded all 168 pages.[emoji15] [emoji4] This would work for a great overhead location map if I could figure out what page it would be on. The county parks are listed in alphab. order. There is no Austin Bayou that I could find. Help?!

Wow. Just downloaded all 168 pages.[emoji15] [emoji4] This would work for a great overhead location map if I could figure out what page it would be on. The county parks are listed in alphab. order. There is no Austin Bayou that I could find. Help?!

the page numbers for Austin Bayou are shown at the bottom of each page and would be 23 and 24.
Without downloading again, I'm thinking the PDF numbers were in the upper 30's.

Found this.

http://www.kayakguide.com/USA/AustnByu.htm

It has put-in and take-out for Austin Bayou including a couple of photos that may help fill in info about Austin Bayou.

Sorry I can't post the photos myself. Tech limitation. Perhaps someone can help out.

I haven't analyzed this myself, but the put-in is at the boat ramp on FM 2004 in Brazoria County.

Not a boat person, but I have been a kayak and canoe person. :)

the page numbers for Austin Bayou are shown at the bottom of each page and would be 23 and 24.
Without downloading again, I'm thinking the PDF numbers were in the upper 30's.
Great, got it. However, someone up thread said it appeared he was under the overpass (of FM 2004) and not under the boat ramp itself?

Sorry I'm picky about this but it will help to know how he was found and or seen by the perps.

It appears egress from FM 2004 to where Jabal's truck was found would be quite easy. Would anyone taking that road down to the river easily have seen his truck? Could one have loaded their boat off the ramp and not seen the truck?

Jubal was found by a fisherman who noticed the truck hadn't moved in his entire time out fishing so he must have been easily visible from the water.

I'm not sure he was that well hidden. Someone knew that's where he was, or, did it just so happen that some creeps accidently came across him and decided to take his head. Or did someone follow him home after work.

Had he been in the area long enough to establish himself as a drug go to? From the sound of it, he'd only been there a week?! With another week to go?

I'm feeling like (at the moment) that he royally ticked someone off at work. If anyone read some of the INEOS FB posts, there appeared to be some very rough employees. JMO and Speculation

Going by what I can tell from the photo of his truck where it was parked and images on Google Maps and Google Earth, his truck would definitely be visible to anyone using the boat ramp or on the water.

As someone else posted, it would not appear to be visible to anyone passing by on FM 2004.

That particular overpass seems fairly low to the ground as far as overpasses go.

I also noticed from a photo on the RV park website that one can tie up a boat on that shore during what looks like normal water levels.

Found this.

http://www.kayakguide.com/USA/AustnByu.htm

It has put-in and take-out for Austin Bayou including a couple of photos that may help fill in info about Austin Bayou.

Sorry I can't post the photos myself. Tech limitation. Perhaps someone can help out.

I haven't analyzed this myself, but the put-in is at the boat ramp on FM 2004 in Brazoria County.

Not a boat person, but I have been a kayak and canoe person. :)

I compared the two photos of overpasses from the website with Google Earth images.

The photo of the overpass and a blue car appears to be the FM 2004 overpass under which Jubal Alexander's truck and body were found.

The other photo of an overpass with a man in the photo shows only the bridge pylons, a boat ramp itself, and a wooden dock. I believe this is a photo of the overpass at CR 227/Hoskins-Mound Road.

It looks to have a higher elevation than the FM 2004 overpass and there is more development around it. The wooden dock is visible from the top of the overpass on Google Earth Street view.

The website photos were taken in January 2002.

I compared the two photos of overpasses from the website with Google Earth images.

The photo of the overpass and a blue car appears to be the FM 2004 overpass under which Jubal Alexander's truck and body were found.

The other photo of an overpass with a man in the photo shows only the bridge pylons, a boat ramp itself, and a wooden dock. I believe this is a photo of the overpass at CR 227/Hoskins-Mound Road.

It looks to have a higher elevation than the FM 2004 overpass and there is more development around it. The wooden dock is visible from the top of the overpass on Google Earth Street view.

The website photos were taken in January 2002.
So, there is no wharf. The boat is slipped in under the highway overpass!!!!!

Sorry. I am not a boat person.
Thank you Everyday Grace.

If you look at the Choc. Bayou
FB, (I don't think I'm allowed to bring it over) at a post around the 12th, someone states that "we've lost another brother". This occurred at another sight and he died from an accident.

The murder had to have happened sometime during the day on the 27th. No one must ever come to this particular boatslip as Alexander would have been discovered way before the 5th.

Jabal is an independent contractor as are many of the others so they all must know each other.

Because this particular Bayou is so underused, it might be a place for drug interactions and Jabal may have been an innocent guy, just sleeping, but the dealers couldn't be sure so they iced him.

But, if they weren't expecting to take a head, how did they have the tools to do it and how did they keep the head from dripping blood all over the place or leave a trail? One would think that beheading a person and not leaving clues requires a little preplanning.

The above is a conglomeration of everyone's posts. You guys are smart and patient. I'm a little slow getting to the party but once I get there....

Maybe this will get to a photo of his truck under the overpass.

https://img.washingtonpost.com/wp-a...tes/21/2016/05/1605-0050-ER-1008-ID.jpg&w=480

Trying. :)

It worked, but here is the photo as well :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 176
*Snipped*

The "why" of a deliberate decapitation seems almost beyond comprension, much less the "how," the "where," and the "who."

The "when" would almost have to be during daylight hours if it occurred between his shifts, or at least an abduction during daylight if for some inconceivable reason he was killed elsewhere and his body and possibly his truck were returned to that spot.

Incomprehensible and inconceivable to consider.

Deliberately so, or an act by a totally crazed mind?

I think it's important to think about this type crime. Why cut an unknown person's head off?

Everyone acts like he was just a body before the decapitation happened. This seems to have been a healthy young man who was sleeping in the relative safety of his vehicle, possibly.

I don't feel like this was a cartel or drug related crime. Drug runners are more likely to carry guns than the equipment to take a head. I think the crime is being disguised by loosely mimicking the Paz murder last year.

Someone had to be very close to him to be allowed in his truck or to coax him out of his truck. Then he had to be killed either before or during the decapitation. This had to be accomplished with little to no blood evidence on the outside of the truck or the area immediately surrounding the truck like on the ground.

Depending on the amount of blood in the truck, lots of blood would indicate a live decapitation. Minimal blood with lavidity in the legs would indicate decapitation after death when the blood had collected to the lowest point of the body. No blood would tell me that a secondary scene is out there somewhere.

Somebody on the site repeated Jubal Sr.'s question of who would take a head. Serial killer is certainly an option, but it would need to be an out of towner. Most serial killers escalate, but I have close ties to the area and current criminal activity doesn't seem to support the types of growing pains for a Freshman Serial Killer. The victim for this type of killer is type specific not person specific.

Individuals with deep seated rage issues and fuzzy interpretations of right and wrong are candidates. It takes a lot of commitment to remove the head from the body- you have to really hate someone or something a person did to commit. This type of criminal may be an acquaintance or a stranger, but the motive was a driving factor in the murder. The victim for this killer is issue specific, not person specific.

Individuals trying to stage a crime to implicate a certain type of criminal or group of criminals. This type of criminal may have an idea of what to do, but may fudge the little details, like leaving behind the wallet, cash, and cellphone. In this type of scenario, I would expect hesitation marks on the body. A definite motive exists, but it's not robbery. Look at relationships, sexuality, and anything the perpetrator(s) would want to hide. This specific person was the intended victim.

*snipped*

I don't feel like this was a cartel or drug related crime. Drug runners are more likely to carry guns than the equipment to take a head. I think the crime is being disguised by loosely mimicking the Paz murder last year.

*snipped*

Individuals trying to stage a crime to implicate a certain type of criminal or group of criminals. This type of criminal may have an idea of what to do, but may fudge the little details, like leaving behind the wallet, cash, and cellphone. In this type of scenario, I would expect hesitation marks on the body. A definite motive exists, but it's not robbery. Look at relationships, sexuality, and anything the perpetrator(s) would want to hide. This specific person was the intended victim.

I came across this more recent article on the Palacios Paz murder. It contains a good amount of specific information taken from an arrest affidavit.

Due to the recent nature of the article, I suspect the affidavit may have been unsealed not long before the article was published.

The article was published by the San Antonio Express-News on April 25, 2016.

It provides some indication of the method of decapitation in that case:

It appeared that the head had been cut off in a single motion with a sharp cutting instrument, the deputy reported. There were two small puncture wounds in the upper chest, and a deep, wide laceration along the front of the body, exposing internal organs.

http://m.mysanantonio.com/news/loca...tails-investigation-into-five-men-7358774.php

I erred in some of my recollection of that case. Five men, not four, have been charged with the murder.

Palacios Paz was believed to have been actively working for a cartel. The motive for his murder as stated in the affidavit was that he was, or would be, talking to authorities about the involvement of the other five men in cartel related drug trafficking.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back