TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts will be brief, but I think that Rachel's sister may be mixed up in this. I read the interview she gave and the fact that she used to be engaged to Rachel's hubby set off alarm bells in my head

December 23, 2009 will be the 35th Anniversary of the Trio's disappearance. Please join me in praying that these girls are found so that their family can get closure.

I would like to see this case featured on a true crime show. I believe that it may still be solveable, if only by circumstantial evidence.

Time flies..didn't realize it had been so long since I checked in...just got caught up tho and I have to say the Debard character sure sounds like someone that needs a closer look in this case. I'm going to have to get hose books pronto.

Debra I hope you and your family are doing well. I really thought that local news would run something this year on the anniversary considering it's been 35 years now.

I also wanted to clarify something....ages ago I wrote that I lived on the same street as Rachel...I lived on the same street as her mom,dad, debra, & rusty....not where she lived with tommy at the time of the disappearances (though if I understand correctly, they didn't live far away) I just wanted to clear that up.

It sure seems like it would be a simple enough task to check Debard's DNA against what was found on the envelope/stamp. Debra do you know if that DNA profile was ever entered into the FBI CODIS database? I'd be surprised if not, and more surprised if Debard's wasn't entered already in the event of such likelyhoods.

Rose did you ever get a chance to go back and speak with the head of security?

ok I promise I won't stay away anywhere near as long as this last stretch...

again..time flies

:prayer:
This holiday season be thankfull for all that you have, praise the reason for the season, and say a prayer for Rachel, Lisa, Julie Ann, & their families.

Does anyone remember who the male relative was that was questioned, and then released? Which family was he related to?

I read something recently that applied to the West Memphis 3 case in which 3 8 yr. olds were abducted and killed. Someone had done a profile on that killer, and said the person had to have been seen as an authority figure and trusted by the 3 boys in order for them to go with him.

We can talk Debardeleben all day, but without concrete proof, we've still got nothing, so I wanted to bring up this relative again. Wasn't he one of the girl's uncles?

I sure wish Deige would come back on and comment on this. Family member's perceptions carry a lot of weight, IMO.

This is one of those cases that I ran across on Charley Project that stuck with me. I am glad to see it bumped here.

Hi Everybody,

First time poster here.... I came across this case randomly on the AMW website - my own sister's name is Rachel, so the name caught my eye, and I found it so intriguing I eventually found my way over here and read over all of your comments and discussion.

There's some really good theories on here, but I had a scenario of my own in mind that I don't think anyone else has mentioned. I agree with the majority of the posters here that these 3 girls wouldn't have ran away from home this close to christmas without some sort of extenuating circumstances. One thing that's always struck me about this is the strangeness of the "missing trio" being together in the first place. 17 and 14 aren't really that far apart.... but it seems like it when you are that age. When I was 17, I wouldn't really have wanted to hang out with friends that much younger than me, and with Rachel being a young married, the difference in life situations would be even greater between Rachel and Renee. And I definitely wouldn't have wanted a 9-year old kid tagging along.

Which comes to my theory... what if the older girls found Julie Ann a bit of an inconvenience while doing their teenage-hangout-thing and let her wander off on her own for a bit, or perhaps she wandered off of her own accord... and then they couldn't find her when it came time to think about leaving. It's hard to imagine 3 girls being abducted together - but it's much more plausible for the 9-year-old to be grabbed on her own. This might have led Rachel and Renee to then take off out of extreme guilt - at that age, and in that situation, I don't know what I would have done if I were them. I certainly couldn't imagine the agony of having to tell the 9-year old's mother that her child was missing right before Christmas. That's about the only situation I could think of that would make them leave willingly, and could even possibly explain the note - Rachel wanted Tommy to know where the car was and that they were going away for a bit so that they wouldn't "catch it". In this case, they may have even watched from afar to see if Julie ended up coming back, explaining the open-endedness of the note. She did not, and neither did they.

This is just an idea I came up with, thinking back to how I would have felt at that age - teenagers don't tend to have the clearest thinking in emergencies.

Hi SVC, and welcome to Websleuths! Good first post, and interesting theory you've got there. If that was what happened don't you think at some point the two older girls would've called their mothers, even years later? And Rachel was very close to her slightly older sister--is my understanding.

I think all three were abducted and either killed or sold into slavery. It's taken me a good while to come around to the idea of slavery, but if Julie really did call her mother years later, then I would have to go with slavery as a distinct possibility. It could have been that the abductors were after Julie, and Rachel and Renee were killed. If that were the case, it could make sense that Julie having been through no telling what--prostitution and drugs for starters, might fear her family wouldn't want her back. Nine is so young. She could've been brain-washed to think that. I mean look at Jaycee Dugard. She had opportunity to run, but didn't. Fear is ingrained in victims in cases such as hers.

I think about these girls often. I just wish we had answers or at least some new lead, anything that could possibly help find them. Then again, I also wish Fort Worth police had dusted Rachel's car for fingerprints. That might have helped a great deal. Sigh.

Julie Ann's "call" was in Feb of 75, just 2 months after the disappearances. I know the way some reports have recounted it makes it seem like it was several years later, but it wasn't even a full two months.

Julie's phone call confused me a bit too - even the AMW website makes it sound years later in occurrence. I definitely agree that the slavery theory works better with this fact (provided this wasn't another prank call - the AMW website makes reference to plenty of those, and although I think Julie's mother would recognize her voice, wishful thinking may have played a part in the recognition). I don't know much about slavery in the US, but I plan to do some research online and see what I can find out. I agree though, if slavery is the answer, Julie was probably the target as the youngest.

justthinking - thanks for the welcome! I'm not really sure why the two older wouldn't have contacted their families if my theory is correct, unless they fear legal repercussions of some sort for running away/misleading the investigation. Although, as other posters have mentioned, Rusty does seem to imply he has heard from Rachel in some way in an interview. Maybe she would reach out to Rusty rather than Debra because he was younger when she ran away and therefore she might expect him to be less judgmental of her behaviour and decisions. She did seem to be very close to Debra, but may not be confident enough in her response to approach her - most people would just want to hear from their family regardless, but when you're the one in the situation, it does feel differently and people don't always behave rationally. Fear and guilt can really mess with people's heads.

Also - one more quick idea that could support my theory came to me when I was reading over some of the older posts, particularly those of Deige - she mentioned that the only Christmas presents left in the car was a gift from Renee to Rachel's stepson, and that they likely took the jeans from the Army/Navy with them into the mall to look for a top. I think it's interesting that items known to have been purchased for themselves went missing along with them, while that purchased for someone else was left behind.

I also have been very interested in this case for a long time and I am new to posting. This is a strange one, and I wonder why it has taken so long to interview all the people that possibly saw the abduction. On the AMW website it has listed three savings bonds, that was a new piece of information. I always thought they would target one and "get rid of" the other two. Just a crummy opinion.

I thought the savings bond detail on AMW was interesting too. I don't know too much about them, but isn't it a certificate that you have to redeem after a certain time? I think it's very strange these certificates would be in the car - wouldn't you normally have them in a safe place at home? To have them together, in the car, etc. would indicate to me that someone was planning to cash them in. It'd be nice if we had more specific information on them, such as who's exactly they were and if any of the families noticed they were missing.

Also, the "missing trio" website hasn't been updated in ages... does anyone have any ideas on Rachel's brother's current attitude towards the case? It was pretty clear at one point he was fixated on Debra, but I have no idea if that's still the case.

I thought savings bonds were issued to a specific person. Isn't there a way to tell if they ever were cashed in? I have read this entire websleuth sight on this case and I wish Debra would log back in. Debra would know more about those savings bonds. I think Debra and Rachel being sisters were quite close. The old posting from 2002 said they had several suspects and were using DNA to try and narrow them down. I wonder where they are with that? Those poor families after 35 years deserve some answers.

Cross posting here: possible match between Rachel and a suspected Rodney Alcala victim:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Police asks help identifying the people in photos taken by murderer

kz3dwykz3dwc0094.jpg

ncmc601926c1.th.jpg

^An excellent find! I take this has been reported to the LE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph