TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
^An excellent find! I take this has been reported to the LE?

I did email the detective in charge, but another poster in the other thread pointed out that it was likely Alcala was incarcerated at the time the girls went missing. Couldn't hurt to report it, though, which I did.

^I think it was a good decision to report it. There could easily be a mistake in the timeline. Better be safe than sorry :)
edit. Even if Alcal did not kidnap these girls I think it is still possible that the girl in the picture is Rachel. Alcala might have gotten the picture from someone or he might have somehow met Rachel at a later time and taken the picture then. I understood that LE are not entirely sure what these photographs are..

This picture sure does look like Rachel. I went through Alcala's pictures before this was picked up here on websleuths and I picked Rachel out of the many pictures too. This looks like a pensive, unhappy Rachel, but nevertheless still looks like her especially in the eyes. I wonder if Debra thinks this is her.

Wow, what a great physical likeness, especially the eyes and the hair... not sure about the lips though.

The bridge of her nose and her lips don't look exactly the same, but then her head is tipped differently in the larger, color picture. It just makes you wonder if poor Rachel fell for some line from that creep Alcala and ended up paying the ultimate price for it. Rachel looked like she was a very pretty girl in 1974, tall and thin.

I read back at one of the main Alcala threads that he was in jail at the time of the FW Three went missing?

I thought the savings bond detail on AMW was interesting too. I don't know too much about them, but isn't it a certificate that you have to redeem after a certain time? I think it's very strange these certificates would be in the car - wouldn't you normally have them in a safe place at home? To have them together, in the car, etc. would indicate to me that someone was planning to cash them in. It'd be nice if we had more specific information on them, such as who's exactly they were and if any of the families noticed they were missing.

Also, the "missing trio" website hasn't been updated in ages... does anyone have any ideas on Rachel's brother's current attitude towards the case? It was pretty clear at one point he was fixated on Debra, but I have no idea if that's still the case.

I heard through the grapevine that Rusty was considering other possibilities, but that's all I know. He's not without his own demons due to the loss of his sister, and I believe that holds true for Deige. I don't think any of the girls' immediate family members had anything to do with their disappearance. I'd still like to know about another relative, possibly an uncle that was questioned though.

I also have been very interested in this case for a long time and I am new to posting. This is a strange one, and I wonder why it has taken so long to interview all the people that possibly saw the abduction. On the AMW website it has listed three savings bonds, that was a new piece of information. I always thought they would target one and "get rid of" the other two. Just a crummy opinion.

Hey, welcome to WS michiganlifer. I would tend to agree with you, that one was targeted, most likely Julie.

I read back at one of the main Alcala threads that he was in jail at the time of the FW Three went missing?

He was picked up in October, 1974 by Huntington Beach police in the company of a 13-yr old girl to whom he supplied marijuana. There are reports that he was attempting to kidnap her, but I don't think he was ever charged with this. He was taken into custody on a parole violation and eventually returned to prison until 1977, according to the timeline I've seen.

The question is, did they allow him to make bail then, as they did in Riverside years later in 1979 when he was arrested for the kidnapping and rape of a 15-year old. If he made bail in October of '74, he could have gone to Texas in December. It's not clear when he came to trial for the incident with the 13-yr old.

Thanks for the welcome! I went back and read the post over again, and from other posts, I see it is a possibility he was in jail at the time of the abduction. I wish we could get some family input on this picture. If anyone would know, they would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500