Found Deceased TX - Justin Walker, 18, South Padre Island, 19 March 2016

The only way to make it safer would be to ensure there were no drugs and no alcohol available unfortunately.

Well, you can wall off the marshy area. That's what that orange plastic construction fencing and cones are for. I've certainly seen it done for festivals to keep non-paying customers from getting into an open field. It really wouldn't be so hard to form a barrier there, so that pedestrians have to stick to the roads and not cut through a dark swampy mucky area. This isn't a small, unpredictable gathering. Those who want to profit from it next year (schlitterbahn) should have to pay an amount to put up a fence, and maybe pay a security staff of 8 to line that area from 11 p.m. to 3 a.m. to redirect pedestrians. Not hard, honestly.

Jordan Britten - last Spring Break

I don't know how to link a thread.

http://portisabelsouthpadre.com/2015/05/19/update-officials-release-jordan-britten-autopsy-report/
"Britten’s death was one of several during the busy Spring Break season. On March 14, the body of Ruben Diaz, a 24-year-old man from Katy, was discovered at the South Padre Island Condominiums. On March 16, the decapitated body of 30-year-old Edinburg resident Franklin Palacios-Paz was discovered in the Laguna Madre near the South Padre Island Convention Centre. On March 18, Los Fresnos native Nereida Cruz, 21, fell to her death from a 7-story balcony at the Padre South Hotel. And on March 27, the body of a 74-year-old homeless man was discovered in the dunes between beach accesses 4 and 5."

Holeeeeeeey crap! :hills: That was in 2015. So glad my S. Padre days are 25 years behind me.

http://portisabelsouthpadre.com/2015/05/19/update-officials-release-jordan-britten-autopsy-report/
"Britten’s death was one of several during the busy Spring Break season. On March 14, the body of Ruben Diaz, a 24-year-old man from Katy, was discovered at the South Padre Island Condominiums. On March 16, the decapitated body of 30-year-old Edinburg resident Franklin Palacios-Paz was discovered in the Laguna Madre near the South Padre Island Convention Centre. On March 18, Los Fresnos native Nereida Cruz, 21, fell to her death from a 7-story balcony at the Padre South Hotel. And on March 27, the body of a 74-year-old homeless man was discovered in the dunes between beach accesses 4 and 5."

Holeeeeeeey crap! :hills: That was in 2015. So glad my S. Padre days are 25 years behind me.

I used to go there and enjoyed it too - in your time frame - but we went back a couple years ago and it was an absolute misery. All the rental properties along the beach are locked down tight, you have to have a wrist band, a car tag, and memorize a 4 digit code that changes daily to navigate your way around on and off the property. It was like being in a prison. The feeling by property owners (and probably justified) was that you had to lock your properties down TIGHT to avoid being overrun by nonpaying guests. Just the act of going out one morning to get donuts and return back to the condo was enough to make me never want to go there again. It used to be a beautiful beach and a fun time, and now it's a bunch of property owners locking everyone they think are "not worthy" out, and they may be right. I'm not surprised by many deaths there, between foolish acts of drunkenness or murder. Sad.

I'm so sorry for his family. Terribly sad and dreaded for them. Prayers for his parents and all who love him.

10162115_G.jpg

A group of local volunteers are now searching. Volunteers are being advised by law enforcement to stay away from the marshy area near the Schlitterbahn water park. They said the area is dangerous and has already been inspected.

The search party is being conducted in different areas of the island.

http://www.krgv.com/story/31541428/local-volunteers-join-search-for-missing-teen

Investigators have been in contact with Mexican authorities to determine whether Walker was arrested across the border in Matamoros. As of yesterday, there was no such indication.

http://www.valleymorningstar.com/premium/article_635ec0b2-f09d-11e5-bfce-73a3a0e81dab.html

Police believe there is a possibility Walker may be found alive and might have left the area with people he met at the music fest event. “We are looking at trying to get videos, information called in to our phone line, talking to people from the upper Valley that were in the same campsite.”

Investigators have been in contact with Mexican authorities to determine whether Walker was arrested across the border in Matamoros. As of yesterday, there was no such indication.

http://www.valleymorningstar.com/premium/article_635ec0b2-f09d-11e5-bfce-73a3a0e81dab.html

Police believe there is a possibility Walker may be found alive and might have left the area with people he met at the music fest event. “We are looking at trying to get videos, information called in to our phone line, talking to people from the upper Valley that were in the same campsite.”

(I still remember Mark Kilroy's case. :( )

I used to go there and enjoyed it too - in your time frame - but we went back a couple years ago and it was an absolute misery. All the rental properties along the beach are locked down tight, you have to have a wrist band, a car tag, and memorize a 4 digit code that changes daily to navigate your way around on and off the property. It was like being in a prison. The feeling by property owners (and probably justified) was that you had to lock your properties down TIGHT to avoid being overrun by nonpaying guests. Just the act of going out one morning to get donuts and return back to the condo was enough to make me never want to go there again. It used to be a beautiful beach and a fun time, and now it's a bunch of property owners locking everyone they think are "not worthy" out, and they may be right. I'm not surprised by many deaths there, between foolish acts of drunkenness or murder. Sad.

Ugh. S. Padre has just gotten too much press, I think. I haven't even been since the '90s.

Camping on Padre Island National Seashore, on the other hand, is fantastic. No neighbors for hundreds of yards around if you go far enough down the beach. Just you and the coyotes.

Where was he found? I can't bring that up on google. Google only knows the costa azul beach in the Yucatan Peninsula. By Cabo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82
Back