Found Deceased TX - Justin Walker, 18, South Padre Island, 19 March 2016

RIP
Prayers to all the family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Authorities had hoped the body could be identified through its fingerprints, but Mexican authorities don’t have the necessary equipment to do that.

A Cameron County Sheriff said Walker’s parents need to provide Mexican officials with a copy of his birth certificate to ID their son, before his body is released to local authorities. It is anticipated that the birth certificate will be provided sometime today.

The body was discovered at Costa Azul in Matamoros, which is across from Boca Chica Beach.

http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/news/local/article_61833292-f1dc-11e5-8fa9-f7a6eecbfad4.html

oh man, this sucks :( he reminds me of my son in the face :( rest easy kid

Rest in Peace Justin

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

Authorities had hoped the body could be identified through its fingerprints, but Mexican authorities don’t have the necessary equipment to do that.

A Cameron County Sheriff said Walker’s parents need to provide Mexican officials with a copy of his birth certificate to ID their son, before his body is released to local authorities. It is anticipated that the birth certificate will be provided sometime today.

The body was discovered at Costa Azul in Matamoros, which is across from Boca Chica Beach.

http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/news/local/article_61833292-f1dc-11e5-8fa9-f7a6eecbfad4.html

How can one be identified by a birth certificate?

How can one be identified by a birth certificate?

I must say I have never seen that before! Maybe it is to prove they have a son around the same age as the deceased and Mexican officials can then release the body where it will be officially identified in the US? That's all I got for an answer!

Not sure about a NOAA advisory on the day he went missing, but we left the Houston area around 10:30 pm, the same night Justin went missing, and drove to SP to pick up our 21 yro (who wasn't enjoying the big spring break party scene). The drive would normally take a little over 5 hours, but took us 7 hours due to the weather. The winds were so strong down near Harlingen, that an 18 wheeler was on its side and we were rerouted. There was debris and power lines all up and down 77 with complete towns with no power. We arrived in SP at about 5:30 am and the wind was still blowing. On our trip back we still encountered high winds all the way back. I'm sure there easily could have been rip currents that could have carried him further down. RIP Justin. So sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good after noon everyone. I know this case has slowed down once Justin's body was recovered. As others have pointed out, there have been some conflicting and or contradictory statements made by media, and those from law enforcement. I personally looked the two year consecutive disappearances of spring breakers, Jordan Britten in 2015, and Justin Walker in 2016, both exiting the UME concert.

According to Justin's friends who attended the UME concert with him, Justin vanished after while exiting the concert "just like that". Their intentions were to find a place to sit and rest before returning to their lodging at Isla Blanca Park.
According to Deborah Walker, “He got separated from his best friend during the concert while they were walking away to go sit down and rest for while. They were going through a big crowd of people. [His friend said] he turned around and Justin was gone, just like that.”
http://www.**************/2914424/j...een-last-seen-at-south-padre-island-breaking/

As you can see, there was no mention of intent to head back gulf side. Regarding Justin's fate, Cameron County Parks Police Chief Horacio Zamora theorized that Justin must have fallen off the jetti's into the ocean. http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2016/03/body-found-on-mexican-beach-is-missing-san-antonio-teen.html

Once again, friends statement doesn't match any plan or intent of Justin to head back gulf side, nor hang around jettis. Ultimately, Cameron County Sheriff, Omar Lucio closed the case shut with his conclusion that the "indication of drowning matches the statement from Walkers friends." http://www.kens5.com/news/local/justin-walker-autopsy-shows-sa-area-teen-drowned/102563466

Once again, the friend(s) who reported him missing pretty much out of thin air while exiting the concert, now have a revised statement that Justin was around the gulf and could have possibly fallen in? This considering they may have been tired after spending numerous hours in a high energy environment and likely with little hydration? How much details are missing to accurately piece things together. Is there anyone else still following this story and think something is still not quite right? Thank you, and hope to hear what you think.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back