Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford 19 June 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was out of the ordinary to see the dog left unattended, I would have known the exact spot too! Heck, I would have a picture of it to report it to the property management of the inappropriate, irresponsible, reckless behavior / care for a living being.
I just wish all the people that saw the dog had also saw where Kaytlynn went.

And how did she end up where she did with no signs of trauma, waiting 90 days for toxicology for definitive COD?

ETA- I find it a bit confusing myself. Bless her family.

Well, I don't think she deposited herself into the trash. So I presume somebody put her there. No signs of trauma (could be poisoning? suffocation?).

Wait wait. Why leave the dog at all? Why not take her dog with her? Wouldn't it arouse more suspicion to leave the dog tied to the fence than to simply bring it with her?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait wait. Why leave the dog at all? Why not take her dog with her? Wouldn't it arouse more suspicion to leave the dog tied to the fence than to simply bring it with her?

Dogs aren't welcome everywhere.

Others have speculated this too but the reason I doubt this theory is because she told her parents she was going to take the dog for a walk. That doesn't imply a long time. I doubt she experimented with a hard core drug that she could potentially overdose on while "talking her dog on a walk". This would be very risky in getting caught.

IF she did this then that means she planned on returning back to the house high and her parents would be home. Or risk her parents coming out to find her high when she didn't return quickly from walking the dog. I think kids experiment with drugs when they're confident they won't get caught and are going to to be away for a significant amount of time.

Anything is possible, but this seems highly unlikely imo.

I will say that I experimented and returned home to my caretakers at her age...that being said I was only trying to play devil's advocate, I also highly doubt that drugs were the cause.

The police are handling the case as a “death investigation,” the chief said. [BOLD]"We don’t have any signs of trauma that have been released to us right now. We are letting the medical examiner do their job… We just simply don’t know at this time.” [/BOLD]Asked by a reporter, “Do you believe she was killed by somebody?” the chief replied “We simply can’t answer that.”

BBM
That's kind of vague in saying "that haven't been released to us." They know if there's trauma. But alas here we are again. I understand their reasoning for not revealing anything but just don't say anything at all. I honestly would prefer "no comment." MOO

The police are handling the case as a “death investigation,” the chief said. “We don’t have any signs of trauma that have been released to us right now. We are letting the medical examiner do their job… We just simply don’t know at this time.” Asked by a reporter, “Do you believe she was killed by somebody?” the chief replied “We simply can’t answer that.”

Perhaps when he says "we don't have any signs of trauma that have been released to us" he is indicating that LE just aren't ready to share anything with the public? I guess they aren't ruling out trauma, they just don't have a report on it yet? Hmmmm

Perhaps when he says "we don't have any signs of trauma that have been released to us" he is indicating that LE just aren't ready to share anything with the public? I guess they aren't ruling out trauma, they just don't have a report on it yet? Hmmmm

My thoughts exactly!

Sounds to me they really do not know why/how she died.

It's a very good question. I think the dog being left is some sort of clue.

Maybe she was sneaking out and going to a restaurant or somewhere else, tied the dog up so her parents would find the dog when they came to look for her. Maybe she really was running away but wanted the dog to be found quickly.

Or maybe if she was being stealth meeting up with someone briefly, she didn't want the dog to bark. Maybe marijuana exchange.

I feel like if she was attacked or some altercation the dog would have been found on the loose not tied up.

I personally think she planned to be back shortly and she placed trust with the wrong person. Neighbor, acquaintance, friend, etc.

[video=twitter;878391788033191936]https://twitter.com/BrandonToddFOX4/status/878391788033191936[/video]

40 hours of decomp in the Texas summer along with damage made by the trash hauler and the dozer at the dump probably made it difficult to determine cause of death. Also for the sake of being thorough for a trial later, will need toxicology reports. Maybe LE hinted at ME to take time releasing the COD for investigation purposes. Something tells me they have their eye on someone already. I don't believe this was a planned murder so mistakes were made. We were lucky the body was noticed at the landfill otherwise perp likely would have gotten away with it. I believe LE has the answers to our questions, they are just choosing not to release much. So it feels like to us there are so many unanswered questions. Just my opinion, this is going to blow wide open soon. I live about 10 minutes from Kaytlynn's apartments and work a block away from ME office, this happened close to home and I hurt for Kaytylnn and her family.

Neighbors not comforted by police updates in Bedford teen's death

Johnny Rock, who lives adjacent to the dog park where Kaytlynn was last seen, says he was not comforted by the chief's words in any way.

"The fact that a 14-year-old little girl went missing and was found dead in a landfill has given alarm to a lot of the families around here," Rock says.

Rock has noticed children are no longer playing outside at the complex, or visiting the pool. Typically, the sounds of children playing resonate through the complex. He's not letting his daughter go outside, either.

"I mean, with the continued police presence, I'm not scared, but I am definitely concerned," he says.

Bedford resident Chrystal Riddell showed up at the press conference Friday for the same reason: concern, which she still has.

"No, I'm not going to rest on my laurels and sit back and feel better after what I just saw," says Riddell, the mother of two.

[video=twitter;878391788033191936]https://twitter.com/BrandonToddFOX4/status/878391788033191936[/video]

Well that makes it sound like they DO believe the public may be in danger. Did LE prompt management to do this?

Well that makes it sound like they DO believe the public may be in danger. Did LE prompt management to do this?

Right? What the hell! And I just can't even read comments anymore on the Facebook and news articles. There are some real head scratchers out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members