GUILTY TX - Kelli Cox, 20, Denton, 15 July 1997 - *SK William Lewis Reece*

@lpphillips
#BREAKING Sources confirm human remains found in Brazoria County are Kelly Cox, who has been missing since 1997. @KRLD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow!!! Thinking of her family today. I'm glad they finally have closure, but I can't imagine how hard this still is for them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

My her family and friends finally have some peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FOX 4 News
2 mins ·
BREAKING ~ Remains found in Houston-area confirmed to be Kelli Cox... mom/UNT student went missing in 1997..

Long time coming. Thanks to everyone who has helped the search . Prayers for her family .

I want to know how he remembers where he killed or buried each victim by name. I can't remember details from 19 years ago. Praying that these families can finally put their children to a peaceful rest.

Does anyone have a list of all the cases he's suspected in ? TIA

Does anyone have a list of all the cases he's suspected in ? TIA

I will see what I can find but I would say he is now a suspect in any and all abductions between Oklahoma and Texas in 97 it appears according to a story on click 2 Houston that she is one of five women who was kidnapped, disappears or murdered in 1997 under similar circumstances.

Kelli cox
Jessica Cain
Sandra sapaugh- she survived she is the one who put him away.
Tiffany Johnston - she's from Oklahoma and he has been charged but it looks like in exchange for his assistance in finding the missing he won't ever be extricated to ok where he would face the death penalty.
Laura smither
Jessica Cain.

doesn't TX actively pursue that too?

maybe that is why he is talking, they promised not to put death on the table in exchange for info where the remains were.

I will see what I can find but I would say he is now a suspect in any and all abductions between Oklahoma and Texas in 97 it appears according to a story on click 2 Houston that she is one of five women who was kidnapped, disappears or murdered in 1997 under similar circumstances.

Kelli cox
Jessica Cain
Sandra sapaugh- she survived she is the one who put him away.
Tiffany Johnston - she's from Oklahoma and he has been charged but it looks like in exchange for his assistance in finding the missing he won't ever be extricated to ok where he would face the death penalty.
Laura smither
Jessica Cain.

doesn't TX actively pursue that too?

maybe that is why he is talking, they promised not to put death on the table in exchange for info where the remains were.

Yes, Texas has the death penalty but I assume in exchange for Texas not sending him to Oklahoma and for him leading the authorities to the bodies I am guessing Texas took death off the table for him. In the grand scheme of things I find it much more comforting to know these ladies will finally be buried by their families as opposed to him dying and no one ever finding them.

If William Reece is responsible then that would mean it was a random abduction. I wonder what they suspect happened that day and what evidence they have that makes him a person of interest. I'm happy to see movement on this case.

Well, apparently he told police where to find the body. His MO was forcible abduction (based on the lady who survived and managed to run away).
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...William-Lewis-Reece-7230629.php#photo-9636504

I AM SO GLAD THEY FOLLOWED THIS LEAD ....How many is William Reece responsible for killing , I think there are many more :(

I AM SO GLAD THEY FOLLOWED THIS LEAD ....How many is William Reece responsible for killing , I think there are many more :(

Five that they know of. Four of those were from Texas. One from Oklahoma. He was not out of jail for very long however who knows he may have been able to go to another state. And who knows how many people were reported as missing. Hopefully he will truly come clean, and tell the police everything that he did.

I made a quick timeline as I was curious where the kidnapping of Sandra Sapaugh fit in with the other girls disappearances. 3 Girls were killed after Sandra managed to escape from his car :(

(This article discusses his crimes in 1986 and he was in prison until 1996) http://www.khou.com/news/crime/who-is-william-reece-insight-into-a-suspected-serial-killer/112797820

Then,
4/3/97: Laura Smither
5/16/97: Attempted kidnapping of Sandra Sapaugh
7/15/97: Kelly Cox
7/26/97: Tiffany Johnston
8/17/97: Jessica Cain

He was arrested in October 1997 for the kidnapping of Sandra Sapaugh and the disappearance/murder of young girls in that area stopped.

I made a quick timeline as I was curious where the kidnapping of Sandra Sapaugh fit in with the other girls disappearances. 3 Girls were killed after Sandra managed to escape from his car :(

(This article discusses his crimes in 1986 and he was in prison until 1996) http://www.khou.com/news/crime/who-is-william-reece-insight-into-a-suspected-serial-killer/112797820

Then,
4/3/97: Laura Smither
5/16/97: Attempted kidnapping of Sandra Sapaugh
7/15/97: Kelly Cox
7/26/97: Tiffany Johnston
8/17/97: Jessica Cain

He was arrested in October 1997 for the kidnapping of Sandra Sapaugh and the disappearance/murder of young girls in that area stopped.

Also, image from the above link:

attachment.php

Attachments

• missing_1459465946727_1310279_ver1.0.jpg
    missing_1459465946727_1310279_ver1.0.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 286
I want to know how he remembers where he killed or buried each victim by name. I can't remember details from 19 years ago. Praying that these families can finally put their children to a peaceful rest.

They're "buried treasure" to him, and he'll undoubtedly have relived each attack in detail many times. Brady and Hindley revisited their burial sites and took photos, and in 1987 Hindley was taken to Saddleworth Moor and was able to provide sufficient guidance for the police to recover the body of Pauline Reade, murdered by the couple nearly 25 years earlier. It's just part of the power game.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josiee
Back