Found Safe TX - Lili Griffith, 14, & Lulu Bandera-Magret, 7, Round Rock, 30 Dec 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking everyone connected to these poor girls have more than a view cards missing from their decks.

These poor girls didn't stand a chance. The way this is coming together makes it all the sadder. How does a father not kill the perp with his own bare hands after what has been the reported sequence of events.

jmo

The two girls who were safely recovered Wednesday in Colorado after being kidnapped from their Round Rock home were returning Friday to Texas, an official said, while the state is seeking to end the parental rights of their fathers.

The petition seeks to terminate the parental rights of the girls’ fathers pending investigation because of several factors, including that they knowingly allowed their child to remain in conditions that endangered the child’s physical or emotional well-being.

The father of the 7-year-old girl, Leonardo Bandera-Margret, is reported to be homeless and could not be located, the petition said.

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/cri...xas-cps-official-says/i8ZaT89P01bunvLJdAU33J/
Am I wrong, or is this a bit unusual to happen so quickly?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yeah u might be right. He must not have any contact with Tonya. You would think she would have been like Hey your friend moved here and he's renting a room from me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. I'm Lili was in on the deception all along. I'm wondering what lies her and TM told Tonya for him to even be allowed to move into that home. I'm no way blaming her because she was so manipulated and groomed by him. I just don't get how her mom didn't see what was going on sooner unless he faked romantic feelings for Tonya to get to Lili and Lili went along with it to be with him.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I'm thinking everyone connected to these poor girls have more than a view cards missing from their decks.

Yeah, Im leaning that way too, sadly.

Have we had any confirmation about if TM was her “boyfriend” when he moved in?

I think we need to start a nonprofit to provide free background checks for potential dates/boyfriends of single mothers. Way too many horrific crimes perpetrated by boyfriends of single mothers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These fathers must have a very bad background if CPS is talking about taking their parental rights away!

One father is homeless and can’t be located, got that. This Griffiths father looks much older to have a child 14. In fact he reminds me of my father with the exception of my dad was 6’2”. For his daughter to have been down there this summer, was that just a summer visit or had she been living with him?

It is curious that Griffiths could have unsupervised visitation with his daughter, yet CPS is talking about ending his parental rights.

Am I wrong, or is this a bit unusual to happen so quickly?

Yes, it's a little confusing. The full statement printed in the article reads:

A petition filed Thursday by the state agency said, “There is an immediate danger to the physical health or safety of the children and/or one or more of the children have been the victims of kidnapping and possible abuse, possibly witnessed the death of their mother, and placement with relatives at this time without thorough background checks and knowledge of protective parenting would be contrary to the children’s welfare.”

The petition seeks to terminate the parental rights of the girls’ fathers pending investigation because of several factors, including that they knowingly allowed their child to remain in conditions that endangered the child’s physical or emotional well-being.cement with relatives at this time without thorough background checks and knowledge of protective parenting would be contrary to the children’s welfare.”

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/cri...xas-cps-official-says/i8ZaT89P01bunvLJdAU33J/

So it sounds like the agency plans to investigate further before deciding where the girls will go yet it also wants to terminate the parental rights of both fathers.

I understand the concerns but I don't get why they want to terminate parental rights before they're done with their investigation. I'm glad they're being cautious and I can't say that either dad should have these girls right now, if ever.

A petition filed Thursday by the state agency said, “There is an immediate danger to the physical health or safety of the children and/or one or more of the children have been the victims of kidnapping and possible abuse, possibly witnessed the death of their mother, and placement with relatives at this time without thorough background checks and knowledge of protective parenting would be contrary to the children’s welfare.”

SNIPPED

The father of the 7-year-old girl, Leonardo Bandera-Margret, is reported to be homeless and could not be located, the petition said.
The father of the 14-year-old girl, Greg Griffith of Louisiana, told a state investigator Thursday that he wanted to have both girls live with him, according to the petition. It said that “more information is needed as to his relationship with Mr. Miles and his knowledge of any relationship between the children and Mr. Miles.”

There's a photo of their duplex at this link. I tried to add it, but for some reason it isn't working. I'm surprised the neighbor heard nothing, but they might not have been at home.

SNIPPED

The father of the 14-year-old girl, Greg Griffith of Louisiana, told a state investigator Thursday that he wanted to have both girls live with him, according to the petition. It said that “more information is needed as to his relationship with Mr. Miles and his knowledge of any relationship between the children and Mr. Miles.”

There's a photo of their duplex at this link. I tried to add it, but for some reason it isn't working. I'm surprised the neighbor heard nothing, but they might not have been at home.
Photo
22f355c32888732b5011ef9c16753bb4.jpg

Oh I see where you said former boyfriend I just didn't know former was like so a few months ago.
Ummm you guys look up the name of the defendant and look him up. Do you see a resemblance to anyone she knows on her FB. I'm kind of freaking. Maybe I'm seeing things.

The name of the person in that filing is the same person who has been her long term boyfriend (and "daddy" to the girls, especially the youngest daughter) up through Sept. 2017. The last connection between them (comments from him on Tonya's page) was Sept. 2017. He has been part of their lives (according to FB and Tonya's photos) since the youngest daughter was a year old.

Tonya and TM started commenting on each others' pages and liking each others posts in September 2017.

My gut instinct says that TM is the reason the long-term boyfriend exited. My opinion is that TM spent several months (Sept-Nov) grooming Tonya and creating a fantasy land where he was attracted to her, eventually moving in to the house with them. My guess is that he had already been in communication and contact with Tonya for 2-3 months before the oldest daughter's father contacted Tonya. So by then, TM had already woven his psychopathic web, and the father's comments fell on biased ears.

I would like to know why the youngest daughter's expression is SO very sad in those photos with her sister. The pics were posted the end of August (Aug 26th-range), from St. Charles, LA. So this would have been when Tonya picked the oldest up? Was the youngest sad because the looming break-up of who she knew as her parents?

These girls need to be placed with a licensed mental health professional mom who has hugging arms and strong shoulders. These girls are going to have so much damage to be undone and so much that they learned was ok that will need to be unlearned. And 14 is not a good age to try to enforce those changes. I am a Counselor and I am not sure I am even equipped to raise them. My thoughts are so with these girls and the person who chooses to raise them. Please let cps make a wise and permanent decision for the mental health of these girls.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

These fathers must have a very bad background if CPS is talking about taking their parental rights away!

One father is homeless and can’t be located, got that. This Griffiths father looks much older to have a child 14. In fact he reminds me of my father with the exception of my dad was 6’2”. For his daughter to have been down there this summer, was that just a summer visit or had she been living with him?

It is curious that Griffiths could have unsupervised visitation with his daughter, yet CPS is talking about ending his parental rights.

I think there may have been previous CPS involvement or concern. In 2014 Tonya posted asking for recommendations for a lawyer specializing in family law. I read some interactions between TB and Lulu’s father in 2012. It wasn’t pretty and the guy didn’t seem very...um....’parental’, I guess you could say. I can completely see why CPS isn’t chomping at the bit to bring him into Lulu’s life.

I would like to know why the youngest daughter's expression is SO very sad in those photos with her sister. The pics were posted the end of August (Aug 26th-range), from St. Charles, LA. So this would have been when Tonya picked the oldest up? Was the youngest sad because the looming break-up of who she knew as her parents?

RSBM for focus.
I wouldn't put too much weight into that one photo of Lulu. According to Tonya's FB it was taken at the Farmer's Market. It looks like it was more of a social gathering rather than an actual market day since people in the shot are dressed up and there's no produce in sight. Maybe a fundraiser or end of season event.

So it may very well be that the camera caught Lulu at a bad moment or she may have been bored being at an adult event. The other pics on Tonya's FB show happy Lili and Lulu shots. JMO but I wouldn't judge on one sad photo.

We still don't know what the relationship was between Miles and Tonya or her girls. Plus, Tonya was involved with a different man for a number of years so the breakup between Lulu's parents must have happened quite a while back. All MOO.

I really hope we'll learn more details on the girls' circumstances in Louisiana once the trial is underway. I think it's possible either 1) the father felt there was nothing he could do to discourage TM from pursuing his daughter, especially if she was determined to -- as he said -- be friends with whomever she wanted, or 2) it's possible the girls were in an extremely permissive situation there. I have a family member who was raised with almost no parental limitations whatsoever, and she too chose to be friends with or romantically involved with whomever she wanted.

Personally, my parenting philosophy is way, way, way, WAY different from the scenario I'm describing here -- I'm just pointing out that this kind of permissive environment does exist, regardless of what the impact might be on the affected children.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have a lot of questions, too. I'm just remembering being 14, parents separated, and what our conversations were like. I didn't have a lot to talk about with my dad, not because I didn't love him, but because I was 14. I mean, conversations between father and daughter can be really shallow is what I'm saying, especially at that age. If Lili didn't want him to know about something, she probably just didn't mention it.

That's all true. But it would then mean that mom was lying and deceiving the father as well, if no one told him about this live in baby sitter arrangement.

And if they did tell him, then he should be charged with some kind of 'neglect' or 'child endangerment' charge, fgs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX