TX - Man shoots, kills burglars despite orders from 911 operator, 14 Nov 2007

this is why in fl the robber has to be in your house. He should not have gone after them it could have been a teenager sneaking out of his house, the owner going to have an affair what ever, I think he was wrong. IMO

That's the law in PA as well, mom. We were taught if someone walks in our door or comes through the window the minute his head is in or his foot is in you don't shoot to hurt them. You aim to kill. If I shot at every burglar comes out my neighbors homes I'd be keeping toll. Best to call the cops and mind the 911 operator.

If I were on the jury, I wouldn't convict him

I wouldn't want to live near a man who was so out of control and wanted to kill the thieves. He didn't have to kill them, and now the neighbors have to live with the memory that two people were killed on their property. If the man is married, the wife will have all sorts of issues to now deal with, along with the family of the thieves. They'll probably all be sued and all sorts of attorney fees, etc. It's not worth it unless the two were abusing a child, raping someone, etc. The man was only thinking of himself and his own anger.

Unfortunatly he is now gonna get locked up for this i am sure. i get why he did it though and I can't blame him, but he could have just wounded them instead of killing them.

Good for him. I think the only thing he should get for this is....a medal.
I agree eleven!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Unfortunatly he is now gonna get locked up for this i am sure. i get why he did it though and I can't blame him, but he could have just wounded them instead of killing them.

2Sisters I absolutely hear ya on this, but pretty much the rule is don't aim to mame. If you're going to use your firearm you shoot to kill.

2Sisters I absolutely hear ya on this, but pretty much the rule is don't aim to mame. If you're going to use your firearm you shoot to kill.
I have heard this, too. If you are forced to use a gun, make it count.

Have you guys heard the 911 call? It is amazing.

My way of thinking has been, if someone breaks into my house, I plan to shoot them to injure them so they can not only be in severe pain and wounded but also pay in court and serve time for what they did. I am such a horrid shot though, if I aim for the head i am likely to get the genital region, lol.

I saw this on the news this morning and thought it might make for a good discussion.

http://www.ksn.com/news/also/11483151.html

The Pasadena man made the call when he saw two men climb out a window of his neighbor's home on Wednesday.
The 911 operator warned the man several times to stay in his home, but the man took matters into his own hands and confronted the burglars.

Operator: You're going to get yourself shot if you go outside that house with the gun."
Caller: "You wanna make a bet? I'm going to kill them."
Moments later a shotgun was heard firing at least twice.
Both suspects died at the scene. Their names have not been released.
Police found a pillowcase stuffed with hundreds of dollars.
Bottom line on this one: He is guilty of 2 Murders. He set out with openly telling an official he was going to kill people, they advised him not to, and he did anyway. They did not threaten him, were not on HIS property, and he did not feel in danger of his life. He knew the law, but he miscontrued it.

My way of thinking has been, if someone breaks into my house, I plan to shoot them to injure them so they can not only be in severe pain and wounded but also pay in court and serve time for what they did. I am such a horrid shot though, if I aim for the head i am likely to get the genital region, lol.
However, if the burglar lives and is permanently injured, he will sue you. That's right. It's been done before. So, I would shoot to kill.

Thanks for the links to the Racine case. I didn't get a chance to look for them.

I understand this man was trying to protect his neighbor's property, but he pretty much told the 911 he was going to kill these men. I think he went a little overboard.

This was not justifiable-I understand the "take back the streets" mentality, but come on now...There are plenty of citizens that involve themselves in Police actions, like truckers who slow cars being chased, mobs that capture and beat perps that they believe have committed a crime...the emotion is understandable, but the police are paid to encounter these criminals. :twocents:

IMO I think Mr.Horn did the right thing !

There are alot of things he could of done but why take the chance

This was not justifiable-I understand the "take back the streets" mentality, but come on now...There are plenty of citizens that involve themselves in Police actions, like truckers who slow cars being chased, mobs that capture and beat perps that they believe have committed a crime...the emotion is understandable, but the police are paid to encounter these criminals. :twocents:
think of all the innocent people that no longer have to worry about being robbed by these two.

Bottom line on this one: He is guilty of 2 Murders.

Not in Texas he's not.

Who's to say those two who got killed burglarizing the neighbors house didn't have a rap sheet a mile long? Maybe they previously killed someone, we won't know unless the police decide to tell us.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back