GUILTY TX - Marco Alferez for sex abuse, child *advertiser censored*, El Paso, 2010

GAG. She also has this to say:

""We are not pro these types of incidents, no, we're against, but we're human beings and anyone deserves a second chance and we need to hear from him."

So very glad you are not PRO-CHILD-*advertiser censored*, lady. How enlightened of you. Second chance my wazoo - he's on his 70th-plus chance now and counting!! Wow, denial city.

I suppose she could put her money where her mouth is and have him living next to her. Well supervised, of course. I dont mean to lash out at her, but here in MA we had a few high profile recidivism cases where sex offenders, whose profiles included children, were allowed to move in to homes with children after their time in prison was over. The result was what you expected-one of the children was 3 and not only was raped, her head was smashed by the offender. The other case I am thinking about, the guy lasted a month before he raped his two nephews...he was only left with them for an hour, but that was all it took. His sister was shocked, fwiw. :furious::furious::furious:

well, hopefully there will be a big demand for dance lessons in prison and he will be able to teach the prisoners all about being on time blah blah blah. 70 kids folks! on video! seems as tho the parents and other teachers were groomed just as well as the kids that he has violated. im shocked that out of 70 kids that NO ONE TALKED! he is right, his life as he has known it up until lately is OVER! THANK - GOD! off to the isolation unit with him, and throw away the key. there is no way to ever SAFELY let him out into society again. moo moo moo

Oh and he's on PAID ADMINISTRATIVE LEAVE.

PAID.

He's being PAID!!!!!! W.T.F.??? There are VIDEO TAPES, he has already admitted it!!!

Holy cow, we are screwed as a society.

See, this is how screwed up this world is. This gets PAID with all this evidence. It's a smack in the face to society,

I'm so pizzled about this.
Check this out. I've worked since I was almost 13. Now, because of a car accident and PTSD, I can NOT work a regular job. Does ssi or disability want to give me even a penny? nope uhuh, nothing....nada.

And this [unusual person] gets paid for raping children.

Boy, what fairness!!!!!!!:woohoo:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: moo

IIRC he choreographed Viva El Paso show? If so, I saw that show.

He would have had access to a great many children and IMHO it wouldn't be a stretch to say that 70 victims is a vast understatement.

JFYI, but Austin is one of the two main public school (he taught there recently) for which military children who's parent(s) are assigned to Fort Bliss. Given that the military community is transient (meaning we move frequently) I would hope that those parents see this news release so that even if they have moved on from the duty assignment they can have their children checked out if they came into contact with this man.

This is a devasting blow for the community of EP, the children of EP. My prayers are with the children identified as victimized, the children as yet identifed and their families.

How horrifying. :(

A chief of police friend of mine has always told me.
If a guy says he had 3 beers, ya better believe it was more like 9 or 12.

70? Times that by 2 or 3 I'd bet.
imo

The issue of paid administrative leave is expressly due to Alferez's teaching contract. It's the same issue with LE and other unionized professions. The schools can do nothing about that until the school board meets and fires him. That is in the works as I posted above. Alferez won't have access to those funds anyway or they will go straight into the coffers for his attorneys.

As to the under-reporting of victims, studies prove that out. I've read in a number of studies that there is a 1-7 ratio. He's undoubtedly victimized hundreds. LE just has visual proof of 70 victims.

Being that so many little girls who take dance also happen to be spirited and bright--not all, but many, I am still shocked beyond belief that there were not rumors about this nor any disclosures.

I don't know if the notification has even begun. My prayers go out to those families. As a mother of multiple victims, I have to admit that there's there's an overwhelming cascade of emotions. You are both crushed with pain and wanting to reach out to your child to stop them from hurting but you also are so confused as to why they didn't tell. You question your relationship with your child, your parenting. Trust me, parents who are groomed in this way, hurt and feel horribly guilty. Their lives, their families, and their children are changed forever.

Wow I read about this in the El Paso Times and the Odessa American and didn't realize that the story had gone national.

This statement, that I read in the OA, from his aunt sent me reeling:

“He's a good a relative. I don't think he's a menace to the community,” Garcia said. “He helps the community. He helps family, and he's an inspiration to the world.”

I noticed, from reading some of the family/friend quotes here that this seems to be the attitude of most of them. I think I even read a "forgive and forget" quote, what the heck, I guess the family/friends of this perp are not enlightened to the fact that sexual offenders CANNOT be rehabilitated. The perp himself (and I think I read this in the El Paso Times but do not have a link) stated that he was glad he got caught because he couldn't stop.

http://www.oaoa.com/news/-53594--.html

Do these people that say these things really not know how stupid, clueless and uncaring they sound? I don't care if it is a relative or not, it is just offensive.

I'm glad I was firmly on the bed when I read that. Lord help me. I can see (stretching as far as I can) saying something like that if your relative was accused but not if he's confessed and there's clear evidence!!

I remember an interview with Dr. Emilio Luna's sister (he's the Phoenix doctor who just got arrested for making child *advertiser censored* then cut off his anklet and absconded). She was visibly upset and said nothing to defend her brother's actions. She said she loved him. That's what I would expect. But she never once minimized or denied his crimes. She said that he would have his day in court. I respected her and hurt for her. I also happen to believe that she's the one who most likely reported him missing.

Alferez did say that he was glad to be caught. I linked to it upthread. As to being a good relative, of course he was. He needed cover. If I were those siblings and friends, I'd be taking a good long look at my child's recent behavior. Oftentimes, when children know that their abuser is locked up, they can finally disclose.

My guess, Belinda, is that these friends and relatives really don't know how naive they sound. To them, it seems to be all about their poor sweet guy and his regrettable mistakes.

What about the children????

does the title of this post rub anybody else the wrong way? I see this in mainstream media all of the time.

He did NOT "have sex with 70 children"

he RAPED 70 children.

Stepping of my soapbox. This always irks me.

I can't help it. It justs toasts me when people say ignorant things about how wonderful their little family pedophile is. I haven't seen one express any concern at all for the DOZENS of children this man sexually assaulted. It is wrong to run around proclaiming his virtues, when he clearly has none. It sickens me and makes my head want to explode.

does the title of this post rub anybody else the wrong way? I see this in mainstream media all of the time.

He did NOT "have sex with 70 children"

he RAPED 70 children.

Stepping of my soapbox. This always irks me.

Well, at least we can be thankful they weren't called relationships. Ugh.

How does that relative respond to these statements in the following article? This was published on Sept. 23rd. The family should have immediately chosen a spokesperson and kept their mouths shut. They are doing nothing to help Alferez, IMO, nor themselves. Please note that there could be triggers here for some as there are details of the child *advertiser censored*.

http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/25135411/detail.html

"During the entire video, the child is observed struggling with the adult male in an attempt to avoid being molested," said the complaint...."

Note that this article was published prior to the announcement that Alferez was also producing child *advertiser censored*. But to learn that your nephew was watching this AND working daily with children AND you still defend his "goodness" just leaves me furious.

Please write short emails to the reporters (their email addresses usually follow the article are easy to find) expressing your dismay. I just wrote two saying simply:

"Thank you for writing such an informative article about a most distressing subject. May I please remind you that adults can not legally "have sex" with minors. This man is accused of raping children and producing child *advertiser censored*. Please do not minimize this horrific crime but instead afford it the distinction of the appropriate label. Minimizing does not honor nor bear witness to the victims' trauma."

I usually add that I am the mother of rape victims/survivors. If sexual abuse has touched your life, I would add a line or two about that. But keep it short and succinct. The editors and headline writers should really know better by now.

Wow I read about this in the El Paso Times and the Odessa American and didn't realize that the story had gone national.

This statement, that I read in the OA, from his aunt sent me reeling:

“He's a good a relative. I don't think he's a menace to the community,” Garcia said. “He helps the community. He helps family, and he's an inspiration to the world.”

I noticed, from reading some of the family/friend quotes here that this seems to be the attitude of most of them. I think I even read a "forgive and forget" quote, what the heck, I guess the family/friends of this perp are not enlightened to the fact that sexual offenders CANNOT be rehabilitated. The perp himself (and I think I read this in the El Paso Times but do not have a link) stated that he was glad he got caught because he couldn't stop.

http://www.oaoa.com/news/-53594--.html

The fact that at least some of his relatives support him, that can be expected. No matter what someone does, in most cases when the relatives are interviewed, all we hear that he is a such a good boy...
But the parents of some of the children that he was teaching were supporting him (there is an article on this earlier on this thread)-now that I don't get at all.

Just a rough timeline to keep things in perspective. It looks like Alferez was charged with possession of child *advertiser censored* (commercially available child *advertiser censored*) on or about September 23rd. Charges concerning the production of child *advertiser censored* came around the 30th. When Alferez's aunt made her statement she was aware of the new charges as stated in the link which Missy posted.

http://www.ktsm.com/news/prosecutors-irvin-high-teacher-depicted-in-homemade-movies

September 30

"...We're told prosecutors found 140 homemade videos on his computer with as many as seventy victims. They're not sure if the victims are from El Paso, but they do know Alferez was uploading the videos to the internet and sharing them...."

There's also a comment in this article about a youtube video created at a church. This guy has been around. I believe Alferez is about the 20th guy we've dealt with in the past two weeks or so which has had some connection to low-income, at-risk or sick children. It's really disgusting.

I'm hoping against hope that some of Alferez's loudest supporters are not thinking that none of the high achieving and bright little girls have been left untouched and that it's not quite as bad if he just filmed the "needy" little girls. Please, no.

From what I've read, LE has identified almost every child.

It was the comment about him being an inspiration to the world that made me gag. That is so far over the edge of good taste.

What's wrong with, "No comment during this difficult time" or "I love my nephew but my heart goes out to all the victims. Our family is just devastated."

What's wrong with that?

I had not seen this before. From the transcript above:

"...We also understand there`s some video of boys as young as elementary school age. Apparently this guy didn`t discriminate in who was his potential victim.

I mean, he`s been in the area for at least 17 years as a choreographer. As part of this touring dance company, Jane, he`s toured all across the state. So his victims might not just be limited to the El Paso area...."

and

"...some of them are him molesting children, allegedly, and others are videos of other people molesting children that he has kind of traded online with other pedophiles?"

and

"...some of the videos police have found were VHS tapes. Where is he going to get VHS tapes? Certainly not online.

......let me also point out that the federal agency involved in this is Immigration and Customs Enforcement, which says to me that there is also leads that they are following from outside of the country...."

Maybe that answers the question as to why ICE is involved as Alferez is a US citizen. I've seen some comments, though, about the possibility of some of the victims being Mexican Nationals. And, now the revelation of little boys. It just keeps getting bigger and uglier.

The transcript also includes a comment that Alferez has claimed to have been molested as child. I can find no other resource for that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back